PDA

View Full Version : Californian's question

caseysmom
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I am planning a 3 day beach trip, should I pick fort bragg or monterey, monterey has a bit less chance of rain. I have found a dog friendly hotel at each one, monterey is a bit pricier. Any ideas I can't make up my mind.

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
What's wrong with Dana Point? San Juan Capistrano? Carlsbad? Solana Beach? Laguna Beach??

:D :D :D

Medusa
01-11-2008, 07:34 AM
I've not been to Ft. Bragg but I have been to Monterey. If you've not been there, you owe it to yourself to go. It's breathtakingly beautiful, the shops are incredible, the people are really friendly, there's such an air of prosperity and abundance there! I wish it was in my budget to live there! GO!!!!

caseysmom
01-11-2008, 11:20 AM
I have been to monterey before and it is very nice, I have never been to fort bragg. I think for the sunshine I am going to opt for monterrey and carmel is very dog friendly and has a great off leash beach.

AmberLee
01-12-2008, 02:50 AM
I was born in Monterey and agree it's beautiful. If it's any help, my parents always contend that the weather there is the most beautiful in Jan - March.

gini
01-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I have never been to Ft. Bragg either - but the Monterey Bay and Carmel area are two of my favorites.

Have you been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium? It is wonderful.

kitten645
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Monterey Bay and Carmel are beautiful. That would be my choice. I'm lucky I can be there in a couple of hours....hmmm might be a plan for today. The Aquarium is lovely. :)

caseysmom
01-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I have never been to the aquariam, that is the drawback of taking the dogs I won't be able to do things like that unless someone doesn't want to go and can watch the dogs, the hotels clearly state they can't be left in the room unattended, casey would be okay but bubba might bark and get me in trouble.

I am pretty sure its going to be monterrey. It is 20 minutes shorter drive for us to, its 3 hours 20 minutes, not too bad.

caseysmom
01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
That sounds great Cathy!

RedHedd
01-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Monterey would be my choice too - there's so much to see and do, the beaches are beautiful. Too bad you can't take in the Monterey Bay Aquarium too, but I understand about the dog situation.

caseysmom
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
What's wrong with Dana Point? San Juan Capistrano? Carlsbad? Solana Beach? Laguna Beach??

:D :D :D

I missed these suggestions earlier, are these in southern california? If I drive that far will you bring the E's to meet me at the beach???? :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
I missed these suggestions earlier, are these in southern california? If I drive that far will you bring the E's to meet me at the beach???? :D

But of course! :D In fact we could walk to a couple of these. Well...I could walk...The E's aren't much for walks.... :rolleyes: :D

And I have heard Monterey is an absolute must see....

Barbara
01-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I was born in Monterey and agree it's beautiful. If it's any help, my parents always contend that the weather there is the most beautiful in Jan - March.
I had no idea- Amberlee do you know that my dream would be to live in Pacific Grove?

And I think the Monterey Bay Aquarium is the best aquarium in the world (of course I don't know them all ;))

AmberLee
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I had no idea- Amberlee do you know that my dream would be to live in Pacific Grove?

And I think the Monterey Bay Aquarium is the best aquarium in the world (of course I don't know them all ;))

I had no idea, but agree it would be a dream to live there.

And the Monterey Bay Aquarium is indeed marvelous. Perhaps we could see it together your next visit?

caseysmom
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I cancelled the fort bragg reservations and am going with monterrey its suppose to be sunny and 63 degrees.

M&M's Mommy
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM

If you drive that far, I'll bring the Ms to meet you at the beach!! :D