PDA

View Full Version : Site is loading slowly

Kirsten
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Noticed it for a couple of days now, but tonight, it's extremenly bad. The pages are loading extremely slowly (a couple of minutes), and often, they do not load at all.

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? :confused:

Kirsten

Ginger's Mom
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Although I am not having that problem right now, I have had that problem a LOT over the past week or so. To the point where I know I am missing a quite a few threads that I would otherwise open, but having dial-up the slow response from the site makes it impossible.

Kirsten
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
To the point where I know I am missing a quite a few threads that I would otherwise open, but having dial-up the slow response from the site makes it impossible.

Same here, or I try to post and all I get is a white page. Reminds me of the 90s when we still had our 14.4 modems. ;)

Noticed that when the pages do not load, my browser has "waiting for ypn-js-overture.com" in the status bar. Never noticed this before. Maybe the forum (or parts of the forum) has moved to another server?

Kirsten

Paul
01-10-2008, 03:26 PM
   ypn-js-overture.com was the source for the Yahoo ad. I removed them for the time being.

Paul

Kirsten
01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Thank you very much! :) It's working much better now! :)

Kirsten

Barbara
01-13-2008, 04:34 PM
It's rather fast today. I know that most of my performance problems is my own firewall- but today it's fine.

krazyaboutkatz
01-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I was also having these problems and I have HSI through comcast. It felt like I had dial up again. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have still noticed that sometimes the smilies will take some time to load though.

RedHedd
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Good to know it wasn't just me

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2008, 01:04 AM
It was very slow for me this morning for a little while and then it became much faster again. I keep thinking that there's something wrong with my computer or HSI connection. I sure hope that you've worked the bugs out by now.:)

Hellow
01-19-2008, 12:22 PM
The random slowness is most likely caused by the different types of ads loading, some are big and are animated, some are small and are non-animated. Although i have not noticed a problem with the speed that this page loads, the slowness you all describe is most likely what i said. And then sometimes if there is a corrupted ad, because web browsers load ads first (i think), it could cause the entire page to not load. <-- Computer geek talking lol!

Karen
01-19-2008, 12:29 PM
We took down the Yahoo ads that were causing the problem. Now, any slowdowns you experience are probably something to do with your connection to the Inetrnet, or the route it takes to get to our server, as Pet Talk currently is not showing ads from anywhere else.

Randi
01-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Certain threads are loading slowly, but the reason for that is pictures that haven't been resized.

Karen and Paul, now that we have so many users posting pictures, how about setting a limit of the size? Not only for signatures.

We could make a sticky thread about how to resize in various photo editing programmes.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I was having trouble with pages on the entire net being slow loading. I updated my flash player and they are lots faster now, even with my old dial up connection. :D