PDA

View Full Version : Update #22.....possible new job.

Taz_Zoee
01-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I do not normally post about my personal stuff. But I thought maybe you guys could send some good vibes my way.
I’ve worked at my current job a little over 4 years. I love my job and the people I work with (with the exception of a few bad apples, of course). But the commute is my biggest problem. Since our office moved my commute is sometimes 20 to 30 minutes longer (it was already about 45 min). I’ve been “looking” for a job closer to home for over a year now. I have submitted applications with no response. I even had an interview, but it was at a cemetery and I couldn’t handle that each day (it was also only a couple months after my grandmother passed away).
So, last Friday I submitted my resume to an ad on craigslist and then basically forgot about it. Sunday afternoon I receive a call from the owner of a small company. We talk and I go meet him (on a Sunday!!).
The company is in the same industry as my current job and this man knows my boss (or the owner).
This job would be ideal for me. It is just 8 miles from my home (current job is about 35 miles), and I would be able to even work from home at times.
Yesterday he said he’s narrowed the resumes down to three (including me) and would like to meet with me for a second interview. So, I’m going Friday after work.

I know there are many other PTers out there who need your thoughts and prayers MUCH more than I do. But if you could just spare a small thought for me, I believe it will help. :)

And if you actually read this entire thread I thank you. :D

Giselle
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
Cindy, you'll nail it. And once you do, we need to get the pups out and celebrate! :D

Karen
01-10-2008, 12:23 AM
You'll be in our prayers!

Medusa
01-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey, a job is important, girl! Good luck and I'm sure the job is yours. Claim it!

joycenalex
01-10-2008, 08:08 AM
lighting a prayer candle for you.

4 Dog Mother
01-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Who said a job isn't as important as other stuff? I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

pitc9
01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Wishing you good luck!!

Randi
01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
I hope you get the job, it would be so much nicer not having to travel so far. :) I'm sending positive thoughts.

Good luck!

jennielynn1970
01-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Oh yay!!!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Catty1
01-10-2008, 08:31 PM
PT Prayers!

You go, girl! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Best of luck! I'll be sending out some good thoughts. :)

ChrisH
01-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Sounds great, I so hope you get it. Positive thoughts on the way.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Good luck - its sounds perfect

Ginger's Mom
01-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Fingers crossed and positive thoughts are being sent out for you today. :)

jennielynn1970
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Waiting to hear how this goes today!!!!

Taz_Zoee
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you so much everyone!! :)
Well, I'll be stopping by there on my way home tonight (so around 6pm PST). I'm hoping he will make his decision over the weekend and I can give my notice on Monday. :p
The good thing is...I'm not even nervous. I think it's because I already have a job I love, so if I don't get it I'll be bummed, but at least I have still have my current job.
I'll post when I get home to let you know how I felt it went. :)

Felicia's Mom
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Good luck with your job interview!

Taz_Zoee
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Well the interview went ok, I guess. He asked a series of questions just to find out how much I know. Unfortunately I was not able to answer a few. :(
The position is accounting and I've worked in accounting for about 3 years, but I've never even taken an accounting course at all. He said he should make his decision over the weekend. And from the way it sounded he has other well qualified applicants but they are not familiar with the industry as I am. So hopefully that's a big plus for me.
Well, I will let you know the outcome of this whole ordeal.
Again, thank you for the positive thoughts and well wishes. :)

Catty1
01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} PT Prayers for you.

As long as the 'unanswered questions' are something you can learn, I don't see a problem. Did you get a chance to say you were happy to upgrade some training on your own?

GOOD LUCK!

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Do be sure and send a thank you note (email okay) reiterating why you are the best qualified for the position.

It can really make a difference!

Taz_Zoee
01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you Catty1. Yes, on the things I couldn't directly answer I said I would just experiment until I figured it out. It was an excel question. Not to toot my own horn, but I do learn quickly. He would not know that just from a couple interviews though.
I knew I would not do well on the financial questions, but honestly I think I do know a bit more than even he does. He admits he is not good at accounting. He just owns the business. lol :)
I keep running things around in my head and thinking oh, I should have answered that differently. I need to stop! What's done is done.
If it's meant to be, it will happen for me. :)

Taz_Zoee
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh well. I didn't get the job. :(
So, I'll just keep looking.
Thanks everyone. :)

Karen
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Okay, thanks for updating us!

jennielynn1970
01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Awe! Well, their loss. That just means that there is something better, and something meant for you out there!! You'll find a place that truly appreciates you and your skills!

Taz_Zoee
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Awe! Well, their loss. That just means that there is something better, and something meant for you out there!! You'll find a place that truly appreciates you and your skills!
Thanks Jennie! That's what my friends are saying too. Yeah, evenutally I'll find something else.

Medusa
01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
That just means that there is something better
Took the words right out of my mouth. Take heart; your new job is near.

Taz_Zoee
01-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Thank you Mary! :)

joycenalex
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM
every interview is a good practice session, and with practice, you'll find that a best /better job will come along. here's hoping