PDA

View Full Version : My camera broke!!! :( :( :(

Kirsten
01-09-2008, 12:40 PM
What a horrible day this was!! Not only that I had a terrible argument with my mother today, I noticed this evening when I wanted to take new pictures if Luna and Lily that my camera's not working. :( When the objective is moving, there's an ugly sound, and an error message occurs, and the photos only turn out blurry. It's horrible!!

I will sent the camera back to amazon where I bought the cam in June 2006; they offer a 24-months warranty, and I hope all this won't cause any costs!! As you may know, I have lost my job, and I'm living in poverty now (it's really like that, really bad), and there's absolutely no money for a new camera, or any costs of repair.

It's a strange feeling not to have a cam; I remember when Kim's (catnapper) camera was stolen, she said she felt sort of "amputated", and that's really what I feel now. You know how addicted I am in photography, and in taking photos of my girls and sharing them; so I hope I will get my camera fixed. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, if you see no new photos of Luna and Lily, or Emma, Peggy and Dino, you know why... :(

Kirsten

joycenalex
01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
i am so sorry kirsten. here's hoping they do the right thing and they fix it ASAP for you. ((hugs))

Cookiebaker
01-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Huge hugs! and hopefully they will get it fixed and sent back to you ASAP with no hassles!! I know I would be so bummed and so lost without my camera, too!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh noooooooooooo !! That the worst thing that can happen to a true PT-er... :eek: I would be so devastated too :(

Randi
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Oh Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( You really don't need any more problems on top of the rest. I do hope they will fix it under the warranty.

Best of luck!

Kirsten
01-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks! Yes, it's really devastating! Already miss my cam! But I guess Luna and Lily will enjoy the time they don't have to work as models!

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Gosh! We will have withdrawls without those wonderful pictures you post. Hope it is minor and can be fixed easily!

Sonia59
01-10-2008, 06:35 AM
What a bad luck! Let's hope they will change it for a brand new one.

Kirsten
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, it would be cool if they could replace it. I mailed it out to amazon today, and I hope it won't take too long... I'm already feeling lost without my camera. I see one of my cats doing something cute, and I'm thinking "quickly, take a photo of it", but the next moment I realize I cannot take any photos. Really sad! :(

Kirsten

Catty1
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh, Kirsten!

Is there any kind of financial help from the government for people who are out of work? Have you had to go for surgery? I would think you could get a temporary medical pension of some kind?

Could you and your mom and Reinhold start marketing your photos? Tourist season might be slow, but even selling one photo would help.

Please try putting one on display - the tower one. Reinhold can help you figure out a price.

HUGS!

I hope you get your camera back soon.

Kirsten
01-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Yes, I get some unemployment money, but it's not much. Not enough to pay such things like cameras, not even the costs of repair. And a medical pension would be even less. I have delayed the hospital stay btw, I just cannot do it atm.

Regarding marketing the photos: I haven't started yet; the winter is not a good season for such things, as the tourists come in the summer. And right now, there is no money for making copies of the photos. But you're right, I would chose the one with the tower, too.

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
01-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that your camera can be fixed free of charge and that it's done quickly. If I had a spare camera, I'd mail it to you but I already gave my spare away to my parents. I hope that your luck will soon change for the better and that 2008 will be a good year for you and your furkids. Please take care. (((HUGS)))