PDA

View Full Version : 50+ vehicle accident (Valerie please check in)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-09-2008, 08:50 AM
There was a 50+ vehicle accident on I-4 in Polk County, Florida. According to the news report on TV approximately 20 of those vehicles were semi trucks. as of now 3 people have been confirmed dead and 7 people have been rushed to hospitals. They said fog and smoke is making it all the more difficult to check all of the cars and get help to those in need.

Please keep all of these people, both those in the accident, the rescue team, and the families of those involved in your thoughts and prayers. Today is a very sad and scary day for all of them.

I hope we'll hear from Valerie soon, she lives in Polk county, though I don't know how close to the accident and I don't know if she has to take I-4 to work. Also she works at a police station so she may be able to give more information and updates on this sad situation.

Here is a link to the story- http://www.wesh.com/news/15009543/detail.html

Kfamr
01-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Yikes - my aunt and uncle live in Lakeland. I called my mom to see if she knew what was going on to see if she's heard from them.

Valerie is about 40 mins from Lakeland/I-4 I believe. Hopefully she doesn't have to take that to work!

Ginger's Mom
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow, that really does sound truly awful. Prayers going out for all effected.

prechrswife
01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I've been watching this on the news off and on all day. Just awful...

pitc9
01-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Has anyone heard from Val??

Pawsitive Thinking
01-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Has anyone heard from Val??

No and I sent her a couple of pm's yesterday to do with something else

dukedogsmom
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm here. Just really sick. I've got that bad cold going around. What a way to start vacation, right? Supposed to fly to MD tomorrow morning and don't feel like moving :( Thanks for thinking of me. Thankfully, I don't have to use I4 unless going to Tampa or Orlando. That accident was just horrible. People drive so crazy on I4 in normal weather. If you do just the speed limit, that's not good enough. They tailgate and speed. I'm really surprised there aren't more fatal accidents. Here's a link to the story. 4 dead and 38 injured.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20080110/NEWS/801100543/1039

pitc9
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Thank you for checking in Val! :D Glad you're safe!
I'm sorry you're sick! :(
I hope you feel better soon!

lizbud
01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Thank you for checking in Val! :D Glad you're safe!
I'm sorry you're sick! :(
I hope you feel better soon!

Ditto from me too. :) I've been checking back to hear from you val and
I'm glad to hear you are ok (well sort of). Feel better soon. :)