PDA

View Full Version : Young Woman Hiker

lizbud
01-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Has anyone else been following news reports on the young college
student & her dog Ella? Each day the news has been worse & worse. :(
She went missing while hiking with her pup in a Georgia State Park.

Her dog was fould a few days ago & now that have found her body. :(

This is so sad. I can't help but think of my own daughter & say "there
but for the grace of God" I feel so bad for her family & friends.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=4104595

Karen
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I knew, in my heart, that when they found her dog without her, it was a sign she was no longer alive. Many folks might not think so, but no loyal dog would abandon her owner if that person were still alive. It is very sad.

lizbud
01-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I knew, in my heart, that when they found her dog without her, it was a sign she was no longer alive. Many folks might not think so, but no loyal dog would abandon her owner if that person were still alive. It is very sad.

Oh, I definately agree with you. She would not have left her dog if she
could help it. At first I was glad the pup was found & identified by a chip,
but felt it was a bad sign. :(

sasvermont
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
This story was difficult to follow. There are just so many ill people out there, waiting for the moment to do harm to anyone/someone. I surely hope the guy who did this gets put away for good. Bless her (the hiker's) soul and may her family have the strength to get through this ordeal. How awful. Having just read the details that are now be available, it seems that she met an awful end to her life.

dukedogsmom
01-08-2008, 06:34 PM
It's just so horrible. You can't even get out and enjoy nature without some freak waiting for a victim. I feel so badly for her, her family and her dog. Poor thing was probably a witness to losing her master. Just sad all the way around. I hope that man rots in hell.

elizabethann
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I've been watching this story very closely because I go hiking with Fenway allot (80% of the time, by myself). It broke my heart that she was killed.

I was amazed that her dog just walked into a grocery store. I'm glad someone recognized it and called authorities. It makes me wonder if the dog was looking for her. That breaks my heart too.

Now the press is saying the fool who killed her may have killed other women too.

So sad.

lizbud
01-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Church services were held & friends memorialized the young woman.
Her family has adopted their daughter's dog Ella & are taking her back
to their home in Colorado.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/11/hiker.memorial/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

.sarah
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
The same guy that killed her has also been charged for killing Cheryl Dunlap last month, right here in my hometown. It was very scary here for a while because we knew he was still out there, and murders just don't happen often around here. And before he killed this girl, he was rumored to be a serial killer. So it was just scary to be outside alone at night time here for a while. I'm very glad he's behind bars.

shais_mom
01-12-2008, 01:37 AM
i finally read the story and it just breaks my heart.
She was so happy with her dog in her picture. :(

loveallfurryfriends
01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Very sad. My heart goes out to her family, maybe her dog can help them feel a little bit closer to her. Prayers for her family & friends :(

lizbud
03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
All the grisley details are coming out about just how hard she fought
for her life. In the end, this creep had to attack her from behind strikeing
her in the head. This story is from a link on CNN News.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15684001/detail.html

ramanth
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
:( So tragic. :( :(

I hope the &^%$@ rots.