PDA

View Full Version : Woody's in PA!! See Karen's new thread

Pages : [1] 2

pitc9
01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
If you need caught up or just want to look at this ADORABLE puppy again please see the original thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=137634

jenn_librarian in Allentown, PA is getting a puppy from AdoreMyDogs in Wichita Falls, TX and I wanted to make a thread dedicated to Woody's transport and would like everyone to take a look at the route he's be taking and see if anyone would be able to help.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uew Lk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=Wichita+Falls&1s=tx&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=allentown&2s=pa&2z=&r=f
I've helped with transports before, but I've never set one up.
I think the first thing that needs to be done is to find out who is willing to help and where they'd be willing to drive to and from. So please take a look at the driving directions and post here in this thread if you're able to help.
Once I know where we have legs to be filled we all can put our feelers out to other people and groups that we know of that do transport and see if they'd be able to help.

We're looking to have this transport happen next weekend the 18th/19th and or 20th.

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Jen_librarian in Allentown, PA, is getting a puppy from AdoreMyDogs in Wichita Falls, TX.

Take a look at the route he'll be taking and see if anyone would be able to help.
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&qq=hltF3hzNT9tNhURP0HLlhh9UYBmHRqyBceg4Gkon14D8uew Lk7pjHQ%253d%253d&ct=NA&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=Wichita+Falls&1s=tx&1z=&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=&2c=allentown&2s=pa&2z=&r=f

So please take a look at the driving directions and post here in this thread if you're able to help.

We're looking to have this transport happen next weekend the 18th/19th and or 20th.

Pack a lunch, Woody, and bring your favorite pillow!

The basic MapQuest shortest distance / quickest time route is a whopping
1,500 Miles requiring about 23 Hours of driving time (pee breaks NOT factored in!)

In normal Transport Segments - that would require about 15 drivers each covering 100 miles;
or 20-25 drivers each covering 1 hour of the actual trip mileage.

Now look at the route and determine IF we have Pet Talkers distributed along the way ... Uhht-Ohhhhh. :(

Consider the route part between Columbus, OH and Harrisburg, PA & the PA Turnpike - via I70 & I76:
That's about 350 miles; and I can only think of 2 PTers (Joyce & Robin) on that section -
and they're both near the Columbus end.

If we start to "bend" the route to pass near PTers - it gets longer and we need MORE drivers. :(
(Example: Bend it north from Columbus to get to Akron - Youngstown - Pittsburgh (a long segment that I could do) - and you add 2 more un-filled segments to fill one new one ... not a good deal.)

It might be less frustrating to buy Woody a couple of airline tickets and
FLY his fuzzy butt most of the way.

/s/ Phred

wolf_Q
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
If it were me, I'd look into this...I doubt he weighs that much either, this would probably cost less than the price of gas and be much faster. http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/domestic_international_pet/pet_shipping_rates/index.jsp

Freedom
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
If you need caught up or just want to look at this ADORABLE puppy again please see the original thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthr...34&page=1&pp=15

Link does not work. :(

Scooter's Mom
01-08-2008, 05:01 PM
If it were me, I'd look into this...I doubt he weighs that much either, this would probably cost less than the price of gas and be much faster. http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/domestic_international_pet/pet_shipping_rates/index.jsp

That may be a better plan, even... considering how expensive fuel is these days. It's about $3 a gallon here.

ScottieMommy
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
That may be a better plan, even... considering how expensive fuel is these days. It's about $3 a gallon here.

I know that shipping for any dog and any weight UNLESS puppy fits under seat with passenger is $200 for SURE. I have spoken with breeders who ship their puppies across the US and all told me the same from $200-$250 no matter the weight, and i agree might be cheaper than gas :D

jennielynn1970
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, considering the fact that I don't have that amount to put out at this moment, and the fact that I've done transport for many a rescued cat (and some dogs), I was really hoping to go that route. I know gas is $$, but I guess I was hoping for a little help. Oh well. Will see if the transport group I contacted will be able to help, since I've helped them out before, otherwise I'll just drive.

Jessika
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I MIGHT (big big big might) be able to help from Springfield, MO to St. Louis, MO.

I currently live near St. Louis, but I just moved from Branson so I could always make a trip to Branson to meet up with friends and stop by Springfield to help out. But I would need to convince my hubby of it first, of course, and see if time and money allows.

EDIT: Oh, this next weekend I definitely won't be able to as I will be in Hawai'i. I'm very sorry guys, if it were any later I would probably be able to convince hubby :(

Vela
01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
I think you'd have better luck trying to get donations of 10 or so dollars from people towards a plane ticket. Would make more able to help and make it less costly besides in the end. Just a thought. Even if you drove the whole way yourself, it would cost you more in gas than a ticket would cost.

Cinder & Smoke
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, considering the fact that I don't have that amount to put out at this moment ...

... otherwise I'll just drive.

"Just driving" is possibly going to cost MORE than a plane ticket would.

Estimated Costs:

One-way mileage = 1,500 miles; Total miles = 3,000
Average car gets 20 - 30 mpg on the highway - let's say you can get 25 mpg

3000 divided by 25 mpg = 120 gallons of gas used
120 gallons x $3.00 gallon = $ 360.00 in gas costs
One 3,000 mile Oil Change = ....20.00
Direct Car Costs = $ 380.00

Human Costs:
* 23 hours driving each way = 46 Hours on the road
* figure at least 2 Motel Stays for R&R @ $60.00 per stay = $120.00
* Food --- 3 days of Junque Food @ $6.00 per stop x 12 stops (every 6 hours) = $ 72.00
Human Food & Lodging = $192.00

Total Trip Cost = $ 572.00

I think I'd shop for a plane ticket.

/s/ Phred

Kfamr
01-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I think I'd go for a plane ticket, too. You'll save money which will be needed for vet costs when he arrives.

jennielynn1970
01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Vela - Ummmm... yeah.... I don't feel comfortable with that. I know we raised money for Ally, but that was to basically save her from being PTS and getting a foster home. This isn't saving the pup's life, and I wouldn't feel right asking for money. My car is an economy car, and I get about 400+ miles highway miles with my car on one tank of gas. I know transport driving isn't free... I just thought it might be an option. I'm not good at asking for help, so normally I just do it myself like I planned to from the start. It's ok... I'll keep checking with OTRA and if all else fails, like I said, I'll still travel it round trip.

Seravieve
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
a) Linky doesnt work for the puppy thread...

b) I'd be willing to send some money via paypal to help with airplane ticket.. Definitely a better way to go. I understand not having the money to buy it up front, but in the long run, it would be the better option. No miles on car, cheaper than gas+oil change/tire rotation+motel rooms...

Im sure a lot of people would be willing to send you some money, even if you dont actually flat out ask... I'd offer to do a leg of the transport if I had a better (mpg) car. Itd be better for me to send money than put it in my gas tank, as I get 16 mpg on good days. (Beefy Xterra :rolleyes: )

Karen
01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I fixed the link in the first post!

jennielynn1970
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I could do a plane ticket, just not by the weekend of the 18th. I've been out sick from work and have lost pay for being out of sick days. It's just been a tough month when mortgage and all that has to be paid. I'm trying to refi my mortgage(as well as the line of credit and the 2nd mortgage), but haven't closed yet.

Scooter's Mom
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I could send a tiny bit to help towards airfare...
I want you to have your sweet puppy! Woody is so adorable, and whatever I can do to help. I just can't drive since I'm in the western part of the country.

cassiesmom
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm off the driving route from Texas to Pennsylvania. If Woody is flying, let me know so I can help with his ticket.

jennielynn1970
01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Let me look at finances tomorrow and see what Wells Fargo and I can agree to for a payment this month if they'll let me charge it on my line of credit. I know i'm a little behind on that payment, so they aren't letting me charge on it. I'll call tomorrow and see what the minimum is I need to put on it in order to be able to use it. I need to figure out what these figures are for bills on thursday anyway. I was just going to pay the regular mortgage, not the line of credit.

Anyone know a very well off single man, elderly is a plus, and has no one left to name to his estate in his will?! :p Life would be so much easier with a sugar daddy, lol.

pitc9
01-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Life would be so much easier with a sugar daddy, lol.

HOW TRUE!!

Thanks Karen for fixing the link for me! :o

Jenn, I sent you a PM.

jennielynn1970
01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
too bad no one is flying from texas to allentown, lol. it's really inexpensive to have a pet as a passenger in the plane. i had no idea....

jennielynn1970
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmmmm.... According to Expedia, I could fly round trip for $193. That means I'd only have to pay an extra bit to add the pup as a passenger. Hmmm... wonder how that would work, or if I could fit that on a credit card, lol.

pitc9
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Hmmmmm.... According to Expedia, I could fly round trip for $193. That means I'd only have to pay an extra bit to add the pup as a passenger. Hmmm... wonder how that would work, or if I could fit that on a credit card, lol.

I'd be MORE than willing to help you with the cost!!!
Just say the word!!!

finn's mom
01-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Woody's absolutely adorable. What a doll. I can't wait to see photos of him in his new home with you, Jenn. I wish I could be part of the transport, but David finally sold his house and the next couple months are going to be busy to say the least. ;) David's car is a hybrid, so gas is a lot easier on us. (We made it all the way from Plano, Texas to Columbia, South Carolina on less than 30 gallons of gas.)

You know what...we are planning a trip to Oklahoma City for the weekend of the 18th to the 20th. We could get him there and maybe a little further past if someone could pick him up from there. We're hoping to be in OKC for a Dock Dogs event with Finn. We are looking to be there on Saturday morning, possibly Friday night and then leaving Sunday night. I don't know if that leg of the trip needs covering, or if that helps at all...but if it does, and you're still considering the transport route, let me know. :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
According to Expedia, I could fly round trip for $193.

That means I'd only have to pay an extra bit to add the pup as a passenger.

WOW!
That sounds too cheap to be real!

Before you pack your bags - you need to be certain:
* That airline allows animals on THAT flight
* Any connecting flights also permit animals on THEIR flight segments
* Woody and an Airline-Approved carrier will FIT under the scheduled aircraft's seats

Every Airline has it's own rules for flying Pets & Animals - and those rules
are always changing.
Contact the airline and get their latest rules & regs.
Woody will need to have his shots and a recent Health Certificate signed by a VET that
certifies he's disease-free and physically fit to fly.

Happie Trails!

/s/ Phred

Sevaede
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Which airline? And is the flight operated by the same airline that is holding it? I ask because I had an Alaska Air flight which was received by American Airlines. Most airlines will require him to be, at least, given a health certificate (declaring them healthy enough for the flight) within ten days of flight

Also, be prepared to be stared at and swarmed as if you are a flipping one eyed purple people eater. :rolleyes: I had so many people bum rush me because they wanted to pet the puppy(ies) I was carrying with me.

cyber-sibes
01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Jenn, I did a 1200 mile transport twice in Aug & it was exhausting, even with a stop. if you can fly, that's the way to go. On my flight up from FL in Oct a woman was traveling with her Yorkie under the seat in a carrier - she said she travels with her dog a lot & under the seat works just fine, in case you are worried about him being comfortable.

sparks19
01-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Well... We can help you get him from the harrisburg area to Allentown. We live in Lancaster PA and we would be happy to transport him in that area.

Let me know.

shais_mom
01-10-2008, 11:31 AM
I think Jenn getting a plane ticket for herself and Woody sounds like the best plan.
Fingers crossed either way!

jennielynn1970
01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Ok, I called that American Eagle place, it's actually American Airlines. They can fly him from Wichita Falls TX to Harrisburg PA for $191.72 That is using a small crate/carrier. I have to check with Leslie whether she has one or they'd need to purchase one from the airlines.

Not sure how to go about collecting for this??? Do you want to send to PayPal to me, or to Leslie?? It doesn't really matter to me.

Leslie, the number to call for info is 800-777-6931. There are a bunch of recordings they have you listen to, but it's helpful. I was on hold for a bit though... just a warning.

pitc9
01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
WOO HOO!! Woody's getting closer to being in his new home!!

I don't know who would have to actually purchase the ticket; I would assume it would be Leslie because he's being flown to you.

We'll have to find out if Leslie has a PayPal account and/or if she'd be willing to use it to have donations sent to her for his ticket. (or donations could be sent to you and you could send the money to her once it's all collected.)

I spoke to Leslie via pm yesterday and she spoke about "his crate" so I think it's safe to say she already has one for him. If that's the case Leslie, I'd be willing to send extra money directly to you to cover the cost of the crate if you bought it specifically for him. If you don't have one, I'd be willing to buy one online and have it shipped to you.

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok, I called that American Eagle place, it's actually American Airlines.
They can fly him from Wichita Falls, TX to Harrisburg, PA for $191.72
That is using a small crate/carrier.
I have to check with Leslie whether she has one or
they'd need to purchase one from the airlines.

Leslie, the number to call for info is 800-777-6931.
There are a bunch of recordings they have you listen to, but it's helpful.

For detailed information - go to the American Airlines CARGO website that deals with Live Animals >>>
https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/animals.jhtml (https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/animals.jhtml)

Note: There are differing rules & regulations IF the animal will be traveling WITH a human passenger
on the same aircraft - If Woody is flying SOLO - he'll be carried in the cargo hold as a >>>
"Priority Parcel Service" (PPS) https://www.aacargo.com/images/products/pps_sm.gif (Air CARGO)Priority Parcel Service is the preferred method for shipping, if the combined weight of your animal and kennel is less than 70 lbs., and is available within the United States. This type of Air CARGO shipment is normally handled by the Air CARGO group - but at smaller airports like Wichita Falls, TX - there IS NO Air CARGO terminal operated by AA or American Eagle - ALL Arrangements for Woody's flight will be handled by the regular PASSENGER Agents inside the terminal.

And there are NO "advance reservations" allowed - it's first come / first served with only
ONE animal kennel permitted on the small "comuter style" aircraft flying out of Wichita Falls, TX.
And they do NOT sell approved kennels at the ticket counter - his "Approved Kennel" will
have to be purchased at a PetsMart or similar pet store.

Please read the ENTIRE web site referenced above - there are a LOT of
"little details" that have to be followed or he'll be *rejected*.

1)
PRIORITY PARCEL SERVICE/PPS at Wichita Falls, TX:

PPS DROP OFF: FOR SHIPPERS KNOWN TO AA
HOURS: 530AM-7PM DAILY
FOR OTHER SHIPPERS SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE WHEN SHIPPING LIVE ANIMALS OR LIFE SAVING MEDICAL SHIPMENTS.
Contact an Air Cargo Agent @ 1-800-777-6931
Location of Terminal:
AMERICAN AIRLINES PRIORITY PARCEL SYSTEM
WICHITA FALLS MUNICIPAL AIRPORT
ROUTE 4, BOX 6
ARMSTRONG ROAD
WICHITA FALLS, TX 76306

2) The Shipper (Leslie) will need a Photo ID - see >>>
https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/sse.pdf;jsessionid=MK5WWZF54FLMYCSOATXCFEY

3) Basic Documents required for Dogs:

The original and 1 copy of a health certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian stating that the animal is healthy enough to travel by air and is free of injury and disease. The certificate must be dated 10 days or less from the date your animal will be shipped.
A rabies vaccination certificate issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian.
OR
A combination health and rabies certificate, with details as mentioned above.
4) Temperature Requirements and Restrictions

Warm-blooded Animals and Birds
For the health and safety of your animal, American Airlines follows the USDA guidelines for shipping animals during periods of extreme temperatures. The optimum temperature range for transporting most warm-blooded animals, including birds, is between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit at the origin, destination and connecting cities. Warm-blooded animals will not be accepted for transport if the actual or forecasted temperature exceeds 85 degrees Fahrenheit at any city on the routing. (See exceptions below.)

Shipping Warm-blooded Animals in Temperatures Below 45 Degrees Fahrenheit
For all animals, if the temperature is, or is forecasted to be, under 45 degrees at any city on the animal's routing, a Certificate of Acclimation is required in order for your animal to travel. This certificate must be issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian and dated within 10 days of the shipping date. It must include the shipper's name and address, type of animal and to what temperature below 45 degrees the animal can withstand (but not lower than 20 degrees). Your animal may be accepted as long as the forecasted temperature is not below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, or the temperature noted on the certificate, whichever is more restrictive.

A certificate of acclimation with no specific temperature stated on the document (i.e. animal's thermoneutral temperature zone) is invalid and will cause your animal shipment to be refused by American Airlines.

**Note: It's WINTER time! Harrisburg is quite likely to have temps below 45* F - so Woody needs a note from the Vet saying how low he can go ---
This is in case he gets delayed in loading or unloading - he might be sitting in a baggage transporter out on the runway. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif It's not "supposed" to happen, but it might.

5) Kennel Guidelines
Read this section of the website very carefully!
There are a LOT of "little details"
* door secured with ties - need holes in all four corners of the doorway
* Food & Water dishes secured inside the kennel - even if he's NOT to be fed enroute.
* Food on top - even if he's not to be fed ("Emergency Rations")
* Labels & Tags
* Vet's Order not to feed him enroute ...
** He will NOT be allowed out of the kennel for a potty break - unless he gets stranded (and then he'll be sent to a boarding facility).
He'll be a lot more comfortable eating & pottying 4 hours before the trip starts, then just Fasting till he gets there. If you allow them to water him at Dallas - it will be a long wait to pee in Harrisburg! Best he fly "dry".

6) Collar & Tags ...
He should wear a good, well-fitted collar that he CAN'T wiggle out of - and
be fitted with his rabies tag and an ID Tag with both Texas and PA phone numbers. (Just in case ...)

Safe Trip, Woody!

/s/ Phred

AdoreMyDogs
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Although I'm sad to see him go, and a little nervous about sending him on an airplane all by himself, I know it'll all end well for my little friend. He's just so precious. I got teary-eyed reading about the details of his trip on an airplane :) He's really, really a special little boy and I'm so glad that he's going to a good home.

Tomorrow when Quinn's napping (easiest time for me) I'll give that number a call. Thank you everyone for pitching in to help Woody get to Jennie! You're all wonderful!

jennielynn1970
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Phred - Woody will be traveling by himself. I think it's easier that way. The flights on expedia went to Dallas, and I'd need to rent a car from there to get to Leslie's. American Airlines/American Eagle will fly directly out of Wichita Falls and to Harrisburg (which is about 1hr from me).

So many things to plan and do! I was just to the doctor tonight for my laryngitis and upper respiratory, so was waiting there, then the pharmacy, then came home to mop my kitchen floor and do more cleaning. Head is pounding, so will wait till kitchen floor is dry, grab some excederin and then will be back to check on more info.

It would probably be easiest for Leslie to get the paypal donations since Woody will be coming from that end. Lord knows their transfers take time when you send them anyway, so less fussing around will be best.

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't know who would have to actually purchase the ticket;
I would assume it would be Leslie because he's being flown by Leslie.

We'll have to find out if Leslie has a PayPal account and/or
if she'd be willing to use it to have donations sent to her for his ticket.

I spoke to Leslie via pm yesterday and she spoke about "his crate",
so I think it's safe to say she already has one for him.

1) Yes, Leslie is the one who purchases his ticket just before he gets handed off to board the plane.

2) Leslie ~ Do you have a PayPal account to use to collect donations?

3) Leslie ~ did you read the Kennel/Crate section of the web site?
Is "his crate" airline approved and big enough for him and two bowls?

4) When you're choosing his flight - pay close attention to the routing and number of
intermediate stops - there is NO "direct/non-stop" flight from Wichita Falls to Harrisburg -
the quickest route is a one-stop that has two segments and requires one plane change.
It leaves SPS - Wichita Falls/Sheppard AFB @ 1:43 pm and hops over to DFW - Dallas/FtWorth.
Then a THREE Hour layover at DFW; jump on a larger commuter jet -
and then a driect/non-stop hop up to Harrisburg, PA. Take-off @ 5:25 pm Texas time with
arrival at Harrisburg @ 9:15 pm Eastern time.

(There are other routes that have additional stops & plane changes in New Orleans and
Chicago/O'Hare - and take over 12 hours. :eek: )

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
If it's any quicker to fly him to Philadelphia, PA, that's actually better. The woman on the phone didn't tell me Philly was available. Wonder if there is less of a lay over??? Where did you figure all that out, Phred??

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2008, 11:39 PM
If it's any quicker to fly him to Philadelphia, PA, that's actually better.
The woman on the phone didn't tell me Philly was available.
Wonder if there is less of a lay over???

Where did you figure all that out, Phred??

Philly vrs. Harrisburg isn't much different in a Jet.

WHERE did I figure it out?
On the AA Cargo web site I referenced in the how-to post >>>

https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/schedules.jhtml (https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/schedules.jhtml) is a direct link to the Schedules page.
Or from the www.aacargo.com (http://www.aacargo.com) AA Cargo home page, click on the top "Schedules" button.

Once on the Schedules page - scroll down a couple inches to the center section titled
"Priority Parcel Service Flight Schedules" ...
Choose the Starting and Destination city airports from the drop-down lists,
a starting time, am/pm, and tell it to give you 12 flights per page.

You'll get a chart showing each leg of the flight between your chosen cities,
with departure and arrival times. You can calculate layover times.

You should pick a flight pair the allows 1.5 to 2 hours MINIMUM layover to give
the baggage handlers plenty of time to get him moved to his second airplane.
Some of the flight pairs call for less than an hour layover between flights ...
that's too tight a schedule to allow for any delays.

NOTE: "The woman on the phone didn't tell me Philly was available."
Don't depend on the Agent to make suggestions ... you ASK and they'll answer;
only a few will offer helpful suggestions.

/s/ Phred

sparks19
01-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Well if he is flying into Harrisburg we can help with the transport from there to Allentown or meet halfway or whatever....

Just let us know. We are in Lancaster, PA

Cinder & Smoke
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Repeating an important Question:

Leslie ~

Do you have a PayPal account to use to collect donations for Woody's Airplane Ticket?

We'll need to know your E-mail address to send money via PayPal.

cassiesmom
01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
bounce

AdoreMyDogs
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Repeating an important Question:

Leslie ~

Do you have a PayPal account to use to collect donations for Woody's Airplane Ticket?

We'll need to know your E-mail address to send money via PayPal.

Yes, my husband does, he said his email address for PayPal is [email protected]

We also have a kennel for Woody. It's kind of big, but we don't have anything smaller I don't think. It's a Sky Kennel, I would imagine it would be fine for airplane travel. I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner. It's really hard sometimes to get computer time.

Jennie has my phone numbers, as does Angie (Pitc9). If you need anything please don't hesitate to call.

-Leslie

Cinder & Smoke
01-11-2008, 09:28 PM
We also have a kennel for Woody.
It's kind of big, but we don't have anything smaller, I don't think.
It's a Sky Kennel, I would imagine it would be fine for airplane travel.

:confused: How BIG is "kinda big"?
There may be an upper limit to the size of kennel that will be allowed on the
small commuter jet that flies out of Wichita Falls airport.

Look at THIS web page - it shows all the Sky Kennels and gives their "Airline Size" (100, 200, 400 etc)
and their size in inches. http://www.skykennelsupply.com/skykennel-breedchart-en.htm
Grab your ruler and measure the length, width, and height of your kennel and compare your measurements to the listed sizes.
What SIZE kennel do you have ??

We'll need to check with AA CARGO to be sure YOUR kennel is allowed on the
Jets Woody will be flying on.
Has your kennel got attachable water and food cups?
Has it got all the required stickers and labels?
And he'll need a soft, absorbant pad to cover the floor with - soft to lay on
and yet able to soak up a pee accident if it happens.

Again - I suggest you read the info on the www.AACARGO.com (http://www.AACARGO.com) web site -
that written info is more accurate than the info you'll get from the average Customer Service Rep at the 1-800 number.

* Go to www.AACARGO.com (http://www.AACARGO.com)
* Click on the "Shipping your Pet / Shipping & Document Requiremnts" link >>
https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/animals.jhtml
* Click on "Kennel Guidelines"

Do "we" have a proposed "Fly Date" for Woody?
Remember he'll need a Visit to the Vet to collect his documentation
(see previous posts) and get all his shots.

And don't forget to watch the weather forecasts for the "low temps"
at Wichita Falls, Dallas, and Harrisburg or Philly.

Has Woody been "practicing" in his kennel?

/s/ Phred

AdoreMyDogs
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
:confused: How BIG is "kinda big"?
There may be an upper limit to the size of kennel that will be allowed on the
small commuter jet that flies out of Wichita Falls airport.

Look at THIS web page - it shows all the Sky Kennels and gives their "Airline Size" (100, 200, 400 etc)
and their size in inches. http://www.skykennelsupply.com/skykennel-breedchart-en.htm
Grab your ruler and measure the length, width, and height of your kennel and compare your measurements to the listed sizes.
What SIZE kennel do you have ??

We'll need to check with AA CARGO to be sure YOUR kennel is allowed on the
Jets Woody will be flying on.
Has your kennel got attachable water and food cups?
Has it got all the required stickers and labels?
And he'll need a soft, absorbant pad to cover the floor with - soft to lay on
and yet able to soak up a pee accident if it happens.

Again - I suggest you read the info on the www.AACARGO.com (http://www.AACARGO.com) web site -
that written info is more accurate than the info you'll get from the average Customer Service Rep at the 1-800 number.

/s/ Phred

Woody is fully crate trained. He's wonderful in his crate, that won't be an issue. The crate isn't a "Sky Kennel" as I previously thought, it's a Veri Kennel, which is very similar to the Sky Kennel. The size he's in is closest to the model #200, with only an inch difference.

I will have to get Woody to the vet for a health certificate, he doesn't have one. I will have to wait til pay day until I take him to the vet though unfortunately. We are totally broke until pay day (hubby gets paid this Friday).

Off to bed now...will find out more tomorrow.

AdoreMyDogs
01-12-2008, 12:40 AM

/s/ Phred

Just checked that website again, and the kennel meets all the specifications, with the exception of the dishes that attach, which we can get, and the "LIVE ANIMAL" stickers, which also we can also get.

jennielynn1970
01-12-2008, 06:03 AM
I sent a donation via paypal.... use it for the health certificate at the vet, or whatever, ok?? Give my pupper some big kissies for me!!

Should I stock up on Revolution or Frontline before he gets here?? We're not in flea season here, but not sure how the weather is down there.

Cinder & Smoke
01-12-2008, 12:58 PM
:confused:

There are a few Important Questions regarding Woody's *Flight Home* that
continue to go unanswered ...

1) Has a Date been decided upon for Woody's Flight?
** Must consider & complete items:
* He needs the Vet Visit for Shots and a Physical
* His kennel has to be made flight-ready - Bowls, Labels, a Pad, Food Pouch, Vet's Orders
* WHO is going to send him off and pick him up ???

2) WHERE is he going = Harrisburg or Philadelphia ??? Jenn ?????
* Cost, delay and flight times are almost the same for either destination;
. . . pick one destination based upon ease of picking him up.

3) When will sufficient Funds be collected?
* Leslie should have at least two donations by now ...
* Please Post the Number of dontions received and the total received as
. . . often as you can

4) Has Woody ever had any Puppy Shots, yet?
* He souldn't fly till after he's had at least the initial set of Puppy Shots
* Ask the Vet about giving a Rabies shot - IF the Vet says he's too young;
. . . you'll need a Signed Vet's Statement to that effect to send with Woody

Fly High, Woody!

pitc9
01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Phred, I'm sure when he flies all depends on when enough money is collected to pay for his flight. Leslie said in her last post that when her hubby gets paid next she'll take him to the vet for his health certificate. Yes, he has his shots.

ALL DONATIONS FOR WOODY'S FLIGHT CAN BE SENT TO LESLIE VIA PAY PAL TO:[email protected]

Cinder & Smoke
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
when her hubby gets paid next she'll take him to the vet
for his health certificate.

Yes, he has his shots.

ALL DONATIONS FOR WOODY'S FLIGHT CAN BE SENT TO LESLIE VIA PAY PAL AT:
[email protected] ([email protected])

Don't get the Vet's Health Certificate "too soon" -
they're only VALID for 10 DAYS after the Vet signs it!

If his flight gets delayed past 10 days - the Vet will have to
issue a NEW Certificate with a fresh date.

You ought to wait till the Ticket Money is "in hand" - THEN go to the Vet.

Good that he has his Puppy Shots - what about the Rabies shot?

Donate Early ~ Donate Often :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-13-2008, 02:02 AM
Don't get the Vet's Health Certificate "too soon" -
they're only VALID for 10 DAYS after the Vet signs it!

If his flight gets delayed past 10 days - the Vet will have to
issue a NEW Certificate with a fresh date.

You ought to wait till the Ticket Money is "in hand" - THEN go to the Vet.

Good that he has his Puppy Shots - what about the Rabies shot?

Donate Early ~ Donate Often :D

He's too young for a rabies shot, and I will have a vet sign a waver that proves it prior to his flight.

Thank you everyone in advance for helping donate towards getting Woody to his new mommy :) We appreciate, as does Jennie I'm sure!

Seravieve
01-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Sent money this morning... =)

jennielynn1970
01-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Awe... thank you, Seravieve!!

Seravieve
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
You're welcome. Least that I could do. :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Thank you SO much to all for the generous donations!

jennielynn1970
01-14-2008, 06:00 AM
How much do we have in donations for flight? Maybe we can get Angie to update it in the heading too??

AdoreMyDogs
01-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Total donated sofar: $101.05 with the Paypal fees taken out. :) We're almost there!

jennielynn1970
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
*bump* :)

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Total donated sofar with the Paypal fees taken out: $149.30

Yay so close!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Just sent $20 - hope it helps out

pitc9
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
WOO HOO!

Does the cost of the flight still stand at $200? (round number)

If so... OMG...we are SO close!!!!
Last count (Brody's mom's donation included) we now have around $168.00

Pawsitive Thinking
01-15-2008, 09:53 AM
WOO HOO!

Does the cost of the flight still stand at $200? (round number)

If so... OMG...we are SO close!!!!
Last count (Brody's mom's donation included) we now have around $168.00

Have sent a further $32 to get it to the $200 :D

Husky_mom
01-15-2008, 11:30 AM
YAY Woody!!

youŽll be flying in no time to your mommy!!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Wow we have enough to fly Woody now! I made an appointment for Woody's health certificate today, he's going to the vet at 5:00 today! He'll be ready to go today!

I hate to ask for more, but if anyone has just a wee bit more to spare to help with his health certificate that would be fantastic. Ever since I quit my job to be home with Quinn, money is SO tight, and feeding, housing, and vaccinating another dog has been tough. We'll do it if the donations don't come in, but it'd be so helpful for us if we can get just enough to get his health certificate. The place I'm taking him today is $35 if they are sure he's under 3 months. If they find him closer to 3 months, they'll give the rabies shot, which will cost more, but I'm not sure how much more.

Thank you and bless you all!

pitc9
01-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Leslie, I don't see a problem collecting more donations in order to help cover some of the money you've spent/will be spending on him.

We all know puppies are not cheap! :D

cassiesmom
01-15-2008, 04:42 PM
two questions - 1) Do I click on service/other, goods, or cash advance? (I got that far.) and 2) how much does Pay Pal charge to the recipient?

Thanks,
Elyse

Cinder & Smoke
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
1) Do I click on service/other, goods, or cash advance?

2) how much does Pay Pal charge to the recipient?

#1 - use the Service/Other label
#2 - not that much - there are several variables that effect the actual charge.
. . . It amounts to a few Percent of the amount sent.

#3 - Be sure mention "Woody's Fund" and to show your Name & Pet Talk Name
. . . in the Remarks block on the sceond page

jennielynn1970
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
You guys are so awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who is helping out!

Leslie, how did it go at the vet today??? How much does he weigh now?

pitc9
01-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Bump....

Does anyone else want to donate still??
There's still time left!! :D

Jenn, does the cat side know about this?
Maybe we could get a few more donations from the cat people! :p ;)

cassiesmom
01-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Done! Thank you, Phred for the instructions for the second page.

shais_mom
01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I made a thread in Cat General. :D

pitc9
01-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Staci!

AdoreMyDogs
01-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I changed Woody's vet appointment to today because I needed hubby to help with Quinn. Woody got a clean bill of health and he charmed everyone at the vet hospital. Then we took him to Petco and bought him a collar, it looks so nice on him. Little Woody is really getting big, I knew he was growing as it's not as easy to hold him anymore, and he's a whopping 16 pounds! The vet estimated his age to be 12 weeks, but she hates giving the rabies vaccine too soon, so she wrote on the health certificate that he was 11 weeks old so he wouldn't have to have his rabies shot for the trip.

Woody fell asleep on my lap the whole trip home. I was in the passanger seat and hubby was driving. What a lot of ooooh's and ahhhh's we got with Woody because he's so incredibly cute :)

We're getting close! Thank you SO much everyone who's donated and wished our little friend well. In no time at all, he'll be on the big bird headed to PA to his new mommy :)

pitc9
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
No suprise people we falling in love with him left and right... just LOOK at him!!
:D

I'm SO glad he got a clean bill of health to travel!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-16-2008, 06:23 PM
We have $227.37 once all the donations clear total sofar. We're shipping Woody! I'm hoping to ship him this Friday morning. If someone wanted to donate $10 towards the clip on food and water dishes, the Live Animal stickers and the ID tag, that would be great! We're going to ship him out this Friday (per approval from Jenn)! Yay we're so excited, but I know Jenn is even MORE excited :D

I wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart. In these past few weeks, Woody has really become special to me. It means so much to me to have him stay in the PT family to a WONDERFUL home that I have complete trust in. I know he's going to have a wonderful life once he gets out of that scary airplane cargo area.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Woody gives you a enthusiastic arooooooooooo (Oh my goodness Jenn you're going to LOOOOVOE his arrroooooooo....it's SOOOO adorable I can't even stand it!)

jennielynn1970
01-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Ummmm.... I work on Friday!!! I don't get out until 1:30pm, so unless he arrives in Harrisburg later than 4pm, that will be an issue, lol. Do you know the schedule?? Is there a Saturday flight??

We've been so excited to get all this done, we totally forgot to talk about day and time, lol!

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I work on Friday!!! I don't get out until 1:30pm,
so unless he arrives in Harrisburg later than 4pm, that will be an issue.

If Leslie puts him on the flight (#3232) that AA CARGO recommends;
he can one-stop it to either Harrisburg OR Philly - within the layover limit of 4 hours.

JENN: Which Airport do YOU want to use - Harrisburg (MDT) or Philly (PHL) ??
It (destination airport) won't make ANY difference in time or cost.

LESLIE: Did the Vet make a "Certificat of Acclimation" statement stating
how LOW a temperature Woody can handle on his flight? Without that Temperature Acclimation
statement; Woody can't fly if the temps will be below 45* F.

SUGGESTED Flights:

From Wichita Falls, TX (SPS) to Dallas/FtWorth, TX (DFW) = use Flight # 3232 -
depart @ 1:43 pm and arrive DFW @ 2:35 pm (daily flight)

IF going to Harrisburg, PA (MDT) - Connect with # 3847 -
depart DFW @ 5:25 pm and arrive Harrisburg @ 9:15 pm.

IF going to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) - Connect with # 1086 -
depart DFW @ 3:30 pm and arrive Philly @ 7:45 pm.

----------------------------------------
Reference about Low Temperature Restriction:

Shipping Warm-blooded Animals in Temperatures Below 45 Degrees Fahrenheit
For all animals, if the temperature is, or is forecasted to be, under 45 degrees at any city on the animal's routing, a Certificate of Acclimation is required in order for your animal to travel. This certificate must be issued and signed by a licensed veterinarian and dated within 10 days of the shipping date. It must include the shipper's name and address, type of animal and to what temperature below 45 degrees the animal can withstand (but not lower than 20 degrees). Your animal may be accepted as long as the forecasted temperature is not below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, or the temperature noted on the certificate, whichever is more restrictive.

A certificate of acclimation with no specific temperature stated on the document (i.e. animal's thermoneutral temperature zone) is invalid and will cause your animal shipment to be refused by American Airlines.

HAPPY FLYIN, Woody!

/s/ Phred - K9 Travel Agent wanna-be

Kfamr
01-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Wow... quite a bit of money going towards getting this highly adoptable puppy to a home hundreds of miles away.

Good luck on your journey, Woody!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Safe journey little man

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Wow... quite a bit of money going towards getting this highly adoptable puppy to a home hundreds of miles away.

So, are you saying this is a bad thing? :confused:

I said I would drive it round trip, and then others suggested getting donations to fly him as it would be more cost effective than driving when including gas, food, lodging, wear and tear on vehicle.

I'm sure we can have Leslie return the money via PayPal and just have him adopted out down there if many people find that to be more acceptable. I know there are tons of homeless dogs all over the states, I just happened to see this little guy's pics and read about his personality and fell in love with him. Should this not have happened???

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 05:05 AM
JENN: Which Airport do YOU want to use - Harrisburg (MDT) or Philly (PHL) ??
It (destination airport) won't make ANY difference in time or cost.
SUGGESTED Flights:

IF going to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) - Connect with # 1086 -

HAPPY FLYIN, Woody!

I prefer PHILADELPHIA actually. I know my way around that city and that airport.

/s/ Phred - K9 Travel Agent wanna-be

You really should look into this Phred, lol. You're really good at it! I have really appreciated all your help with this!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-17-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm sure we can have Leslie return the money via PayPal and just have him adopted out down there if many people find that to be more acceptable

Absolutely, definitely, positively NOT!!! People donated because they wanted to help get you and Woody together.

Don't agree? Don't donate - simple as that

Scooter's Mom
01-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Absolutely, definitely, positively NOT!!! People donated because they wanted to help get you and Woody together.

Don't agree? Don't donate - simple as that

I agree with Brody's Mum. We donated because we wanted you and Woody together. You fell in love with him, and we are making it possible for you to have him. We wanted him to stay in the PT family, and he's going to a terrific home. You deserve your puppy.

Hugs to everyone involved in making this possible. This is what makes PT my home online.

pitc9
01-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Jenn, don't let someone's opinion affect you.

No one had their arms twisted into donating to get Woody to you!
We all did it because we want him to go to you!
Those of us that have kept up with this thread know what you've offered to do to get the little guy.
I'm SO happy he's going to be with you soon!

Leslie - I'd be happy to send another donation today! :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
ATTENTION: LESLIE ~

I prefer PHILADELPHIA actually.
I know my way around that city and that airport.

SUGGESTED >FRIDAY< Flights:

Going to Philadelphia, PA (PHL) - Connect with # 1086 -

how LOW a temperature Woody can handle on his flight?
Without that Temperature Acclimation statement;
Woody can't fly if the temps will be below 45* F.

** For Woody's Flight Documents:

** List both Home AND Cell Phone Numbers for both Shipper and Receiver -
so if the Airline needs to contact someone about Woody -
thay can reach you guys even if you're not at home.

/s/ Phred

AdoreMyDogs
01-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Some people are shockingly rude. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute, go somewhere else, there's no point. Nothing has been forced upon anyone. This is all volunteer. Jennie I can't wait to get Woody to you, he's just darling. He's worth all this work, you'll see. He's got the most precious personality.

AdoreMyDogs
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM
ATTENTION: LESLIE ~

how LOW a temperature Woody can handle on his flight?
Without that Temperature Acclimation statement;
Woody can't fly if the temps will be below 45* F.

** For Woody's Flight Documents:

** List both Home AND Cell Phone Numbers for both Shipper and Receiver -
so if the Airline needs to contact someone about Woody -
thay can reach you guys even if you're not at home.

/s/ Phred

I haven't actually picked the health certificate up yet, I forgot Jennie's contact info with me and I wasn't aware it had to be on the health certificate, so I'll call them and have them add that before I pick it up today. They were VERY nice at that vet. We went to a different vet because our vet charged $81 for the health certificate which was, in my opinion, ridiculous. Phred I've never done this before, I really appreciate all the helpful info you're providing us with. You're TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Won Ł10 on the lottery yesterday :D guess where its going ;)

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
You guys are too much! Thank you all so much for any and all donations, words of wisdom, and just the mutual good feelings! I really appreciate it!

shais_mom
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM

I don't understand why you would say this either Kay.
people do this all the time.
I have a feeling if it were you getting the puppy you would be singing another tune.

Good luck WOODY!
Hey Jenn - I don't think you are going to have to worry about not getting out of school in time since they are evening flights.

cassiesmom
01-17-2008, 11:50 AM
This is all volunteer.
I can't speak for anyone else, just me. I looked up Texas to Pennsylvania on Mapquest and the route did not go anywhere near where I live. If it had, and if I were available when the transport was scheduled, I'd have tried to help. I contributed financially because I'm able to. It wasn't much; I'm sure there are many others who contributed more than I did. If jenn_librarian had decided to fly to Texas to pick up Woody, and then they fly back to Pennsylvania together, I'd still have pitched in. If I could have teleported myself to Texas, gone to Pennsylvania and physically handed over Woody to Jenn ... well, I'd have done that too. I'll admit I am nervous about him flying by himself. But PTers got Ally Cat all the way from Bahrain safely. He's just such a cutie and I want him to have a long and happy life with Jenn_librarian even though I will never meet him in person.

Kfamr
01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Some people are shockingly rude. As far as I'm concerned, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute, go somewhere else, there's no point. Nothing has been forced upon anyone. This is all volunteer. Jennie I can't wait to get Woody to you, he's just darling. He's worth all this work, you'll see. He's got the most precious personality.

Thanks Leslie. I'm incredibly happy to see that because I share a differing opinion, that you, someone who I had thought of as a friend would call me rude.
I was just stating what I (and others) have been feeling since this thread started. There was a point because it's been on my chest ever since this whole thing started and it felt great to finally get it off.

It's great he's going to a PT'er home (glad I'll be able to see him grow up through pictures) but I just can't help but to have a differing opinion on this one. I'm sure there's several adoptable dogs in Jenn's area. I'm sure there's several homes just as good in Texas. There's a lot of dogs that are worse off than this puppy that $200+ could have helped immensely (not saying that he doesn't deserve it.)

It's possible you and everyone else will think I'm rude but I can't help but to think of the dogs in this situation. He's young, highly adoptable, and planes are a scary thing (ask Kiara - I'll never do it to her again unless it's needed for an emergency) After much thought I just don't get it.

I love that your hearts are all in a giving mood. It really shows what kind, giving members there are here. Maybe if there's extra being donated after the costs of his flight it can be donated to the local shelter?

*shrugs*

And no, Staci, I wouldn't be singing another tune. There are several highly adoptable puppies in my area.

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 12:26 PM
I was just stating what I (and others) have been feeling since this thread started. There was a point because it's been on my chest ever since this whole thing started and it felt great to finally get it off.
Well, I'm glad that you got this overwhelming burden off your chest. Maybe you and your friends can go and do more constructive things now. I mean seriously, you're on vacation in Ohio... are you that bored that you need to pick on this??

It's great he's going to a PT'er home (glad I'll be able to see him grow up through pictures) but I just can't help but to have a differing opinion on this one. I'm sure there's several adoptable dogs in Jenn's area. I'm sure there's several homes just as good in Texas. There's a lot of dogs that are worse off than this puppy that $200+ could have helped immensely (not saying that he doesn't deserve it.)
This is not the first, nor the last, animal that will be adopted a long way from where they were originally found. He found a home. Be happy and let it at that. As far as donating to shelters, and other causes, I've been doing that for years. If you want to help out the dogs in your area that are so needy, then I'm sure everyone would love to see you donate to them.

It's possible you and everyone else will think I'm rude but I can't help but to think of the dogs in this situation. He's young, highly adoptable, and planes are a scary thing (ask Kiara - I'll never do it to her again unless it's needed for an emergency) After much thought I just don't get it.
So, Kiara was flown. I had said since the beginning I was willing to drive the 48hrs round trip to pick him up. That would eliminate the need for the flight. Others said the flight would make more sense, be more cost effective.

And, as for not getting it, you're young. I understand. *shrugs*

Maybe if there's extra being donated after the costs of his flight it can be donated to the local shelter?
That's a good idea. I'll be sure to ask those who did contribute what they'd like to see happen with any extras.

And now, if there's nothing else up your butt besides one of your camera lenses, I guess I'll go back to being civil again. *smiles*

Kfamr
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Well, I'm glad that you got this overwhelming burden off your chest. Maybe you and your friends can go and do more constructive things now. I mean seriously, you're on vacation in Ohio... are you that bored that you need to pick on this??

This is not the first, nor the last, animal that will be adopted a long way from where they were originally found. He found a home. Be happy and let it at that. As far as donating to shelters, and other causes, I've been doing that for years. If you want to help out the dogs in your area that are so needy, then I'm sure everyone would love to see you donate to them.

So, Kiara was flown. I had said since the beginning I was willing to drive the 48hrs round trip to pick him up. That would eliminate the need for the flight. Others said the flight would make more sense, be more cost effective.

And, as for not getting it, you're young. I understand. *shrugs*

That's a good idea. I'll be sure to ask those who did contribute what they'd like to see happen with any extras.

And now, if there's nothing else up your butt besides one of your camera lenses, I guess I'll go back to being civil again. *smiles*

I posted what I thought to be a well thought out, heartfelt post (as I read it several times to myself, outloud, and wrote to explain how I felt) and you return by personally bashing me. :mad: :(

There's NO reason to personally put me down because I have a differing opinion.

I wish you well but you've really managed to hurt me this morning.

pitc9
01-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Kay, I only ask you one thing, and that would be to put yourself in Leslie’s position.

You have a puppy that needs a home and someone you know and can trust wants the puppy, no need for home inspection.. Vet references, meeting with strangers to try to find out what kind of people they really are. Hoping and praying that you’re giving the puppy to a good person/family and that they won’t tie him up outside in their back yard after the “cute puppy” phase passes. Hoping they’ll take him to the vet to be neutered or if he gets sick. Etc….
Jenn was willing to go get him herself, but when we found out it was only $200 to fly him to her, we decided to collect money to fly him to her. Again, no one’s arms were twisted to donate and no one was bullied into giving up their hard earned money.
Sure maybe if Leslie had spare time between taking care of Quinn and all her other household duties she could have found someone to adopt him. But I think the right thing is being done here. Woody’s going to a wonderful home where he’ll live out his live before our eyes and Leslie will be able to sleep better at night knowing that.

I'm sorry, but I agree with Staci 100%. You wouldn't feel this way if it were you getting the puppy.

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not bashing or putting you down. Sigh. I just don't understand why you feel the need to stomp on something that has nothing to do with you.

pitc9
01-17-2008, 12:34 PM

And you didn't hurt those of helping Jenn, Leslie and Woody this morning with your first postby bashing our efforts?? :confused:

Kfamr
01-17-2008, 12:39 PM
And you didn't hurt those of helping Jenn, Leslie and Woody this morning with your first post??? :confused:

It was not my intention. I explained my feelings.

I didn't mention anyone's age (as to belittle them) and I didn't tell anyone they had camera lens up their butt. I'm sure there will be more to come and I'm sure I'll be written about behind my back. Oh well.

You all can forget that I even spoke up about my opinion. Thou shall feel wrath if they don't agree with the masses.

Good luck to you, Jenn, Woody, and Leslie. As I said, I'm glad we will be allowed to see him grow up through pictures. I wish the three of you well.

shais_mom
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I posted what I thought to be a well thought out, heartfelt post (as I read it several times to myself, outloud, and wrote to explain how I felt) and you return by personally bashing me. :mad: :(

There's NO reason to personally put me down because I have a differing opinion.

and you don't think that Leslie and Jenn's feelings were hurt?
It may have felt GREAT for you to get it off your chest but it certainly didn't make anyone else feel better.

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
It was not my intention. I explained my feelings.

I didn't mention anyone's age (as to belittle them) and I didn't tell anyone they had camera lens up their butt. I'm sure there will be more to come and I'm sure I'll be written about behind my back. Oh well.

You all can forget that I even spoke up about my opinion. Thou shall feel wrath if they don't agree with the masses.

Good luck to you, Jenn, Woody, and Leslie. As I said, I'm glad we will be allowed to see him grow up through pictures. I wish the three of you well.

Intended, or not, I'm sure you realized what you were writing would be construed as negative. Age does not connote lack of intelligence.

As for the age remark, I actually have no idea how old you are, it was more of a "ah youth" kind of thing, being said tongue in cheek, because the youth of today usually feel they are much more knowledgeable than their elders. Actually, I think that has been the prevailing attitude for decades.

And I would never be one to say that you should be a sheep and go along with the herd just to appease the masses. I am not an advocate of being a sheep, and speaking your mind is a good thing. Sometimes you just have to weigh the constructiveness of it and whether you need rain on someone else's parade in order to do so.

As for the snarky comment about the camera lens, as I said, there was a warning for sarcasm within the post, and you're the camera pro, so I was trying to actually joke with that one. See, intentions were not as the statement was actually taken.

Now, as Rodney King would say, "Can't we all just get along??" :p

Husky_mom
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
not taking sides here..... but....

I understand KayŽs good intentions.... despite they did come out kind of rude...itŽs hard when you only have letters to communicate... even when you see it one way someone else might take it the other way.....

I believe she was trying to say a local puppy would benefit more with that amount of money donated... and itŽs so true.... but the fact here is that THIS puppy was the one for Jenn.... and the money donated was donated in order to get him to her.... and if it were not that situation were the pup was far, there would not be that amount to benefit a local pup either.....

there are plenty dogs in need but if THE ONE is far.... so be it and spend extra bucks to get him/her... maybe someone far from Jenn (just as example: Lut) might be getting a pup local to Jenn....

bottom line.... we should all be happy Woody is getting a furever home, never minding where, and that heŽs being loved by many...

shais_mom
01-17-2008, 01:47 PM
not taking sides here..... but....

I understand KayŽs good intentions.... despite they did come out kind of rude...itŽs hard when you only have letters to communicate... even when you see it one way someone else might take it the other way.....

I believe she was trying to say a local puppy would benefit more with that amount of money donated... and itŽs so true.... but the fact here is that THIS puppy was the one for Jenn.... and the money donated was donated in order to get him to her.... and if it were not that situation were the pup was far, there would not be that amount to benefit a local pup either.....

there are plenty dogs in need but if THE ONE is far.... so be it and spend extra bucks to get him/her... maybe someone far from Jenn (just as example: Lut) might be getting a pup local to Jenn....

bottom line.... we should all be happy Woody is getting a furever home, never minding where, and that heŽs being loved by many...

well said! :)

RobiLee
01-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Ok, here I am sticking my nose in now. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to say because I know how easily things get twisted around here.

I know that Kay didn't mean to offend anyone or rain on anyone's parade. She is genuinely happy that Woody has a home and that we will all hopefully get to see lots of pictures of him growing up here on PT. I know her feelings are something that has been on her mind since this all started and maybe her first post came off as sarcastic and at a time when it was too late to say anything and speak up about how she felt but I do know that she didn't mean it in a bad way and I feel that her second post was understanding of all of your feelings and sincere when she explained how she felt. I didn't see her bash anyone or say bad things to anyone.

Now on the other hand I feel that Jenn was downright rude to her. Telling her and her friends to be more contructive, asking her if she doesn't have anything better to do while she is on vacation and bringing up her age and trying to make her feel stupid about it. Most importantly the comment about "camera lens up your butt" was extremely rude and uncalled for and showed that age has nothing to do with maturity.

If anyone knows Kay at all then you know that this girl absolutely loves dogs and cares very much about their well being and cares about all animals in general. I think everyone also knows that photography is a huge part of her life and means a lot to her. That is why I found the camera remark so insulting.

I understand Kay's feelings about this subject and I also understand Jenn's and Leslie's. I see both points. Jenn has fallen in love with a puppy that is miles away and Leslie has found a home that she feels the puppy will thrive in. I certainly understand that. I almost adopted a dog that I have been in love with for a long time and I was going to drive 600 miles one way to pick him up. I would have him now if I hadn't got stuck at work and my car hadn't broke down after that. Turns out that it was for the best because I am no longer able to care for him financially. That brings up another subject. I do find it a bit odd that you continue to ask for donations for vet costs and such and it makes me worry that you won't be able to provide that kind of care in the future without asking for help. That is my only worry about the whole thing.

Ok, I think that about covers my thoughts on this subject. Now if anyone has anything to say about me or wants to bash me please don't do it behind my back. Be brave and post it here or pm me.

Hugs to little Woody. He is a super cutie!

pitc9
01-17-2008, 02:26 PM
That brings up another subject. I do find it a bit odd that you continue to ask for donations for vet costs and such and it makes me worry that you won't be able to provide that kind of care in the future without asking for help. That is my only worry about the whole thing.

The extra donations are not for Jenn, they are to help Leslie cover vetting costs and extras that are needed for his travel. (bowls that clip onto his crate for the trip, "Live Animal" stickers and his travel cert.

ScottieMommy
01-17-2008, 02:39 PM
I am just extremely happy here, i have not seen a happy ending as this one EVER in any forums. Can i post this happy ending in my other forums? A little bit of the story and maybe a picture? Please let me know if i can thanks.

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I know that Kay didn't mean to offend anyone or rain on anyone's parade.
She may not have "intended" that, but I'm sure she could see that it might come out that way.

Now on the other hand I feel that Jenn was downright rude to her. Telling her and her friends to be more contructive, asking her if she doesn't have anything better to do while she is on vacation and bringing up her age and trying to make her feel stupid about it. Most importantly the comment about "camera lens up your butt" was extremely rude and uncalled for and showed that age has nothing to do with maturity.
Ok, so the camera lens up the butt thing was a little meaner than it had to be... but it got the point across. The fact that she uses her camera a lot was one of the reasons I said camera lens. Sarcasm. I could have named other objects, I'm sure, but thought the camera lens was more fitting (no pun intended, honest). As for age, as I said, I really have no idea how old Kay is. I also wasn't trying to make her feel stupid. I just thought she'd have better things to do on her vacation than pick on this.

If anyone knows Kay at all then you know that this girl absolutely loves dogs and cares very much about their well being and cares about all animals in general. I think everyone also knows that photography is a huge part of her life and means a lot to her. That is why I found the camera remark so insulting.
I've seen Kay's remarks on here before, with other people and other topics, so honestly, I don't think this is her first run in with adversity. She's not always been little miss sunshine. Then again, neither have I, and nor have I ever professed to be.

That brings up another subject. I do find it a bit odd that you continue to ask for donations for vet costs and such and it makes me worry that you won't be able to provide that kind of care in the future without asking for help. That is my only worry about the whole thing.
As pointed out, none of the money is coming my way. It is to help pay for the flight (which, yes, I did contribute, I'm not a hypocrite), and to reimburse Leslie for some of the vet bills. Which whatever she's not reimbursed with donation, I'll reimburse her myself. I'm not on here asking for a handout or to pay my vet bills. I pay my vet bills, plus I front for shelter cat bills until I'm reimbursed. They are quite costly.

Ok, I think that about covers my thoughts on this subject. Now if anyone has anything to say about me or wants to bash me please don't do it behind my back. Be brave and post it here or pm me.
No need to bash you, and wasn't trying to bash Kay either.

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
:(
OK, ENUFF of this! - QUIT IT!

Let's get back to being sure Woody is "ready to fly" and
gets loaded on the right planes headed to the right place!

LESLIE ~

Are you OK with PHILADELPHIA, PA (airport code PHL) being his destination?

I suggest you either *copy & paste* the flight numbers or at least write 'em down ...
There's no guarantee the Airline Ticketing Agent will help with "research" if you don't know what flights you want.

I'd suggest you and Woody arrive 2 hours before his scheduled departure
time of 1:43 pm.
That will mean gettin parked and inside by about 11:45 in the morning.
And offer him and *outie* on the airport lawn before you go in! ;)

PS: What Temperature did the Vet approve on his Temperature Acclimation statement?

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM

/s/ Phred

*bows head*.... Yes sir, sorry. :(

orangemm
01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
We want Woody!!! I hope you will take lots of pictures when you get to the airport (just like when Boomer flew to the US)!!

Happy times ahead!

pitc9
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for crackin' the whip Phred.
You know how us girls can be. :o ;)

Let's keep the posting in this thread on topic.
And that topic is getting Woody to his furever home!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-17-2008, 04:04 PM

Let's get back to being sure Woody is "ready to fly" and
gets loaded on the right planes headed to the right place!

LESLIE ~

Are you OK with PHILADELPHIA, PA (airport code PHL) being his destination?

I suggest you either *copy & paste* the flight numbers or at least write 'em down ...
There's no guarantee the Airline Ticketing Agent will help with "research" if you don't know what flights you want.

I'd suggest you and Woody arrive 2 hours before his scheduled departure
time of 1:43 pm.
That will mean gettin parked and inside by about 11:45 in the morning.
And offer him and *outie* on the airport lawn before you go in! ;)

PS: What Temperature did the Vet approve on his Temperature Acclimation statement?

/s/ Phred

We are lucky in that the Wichita Falls airport is only about 15 or 20 minutes away. Not far at all. I called the number again today and they said it's first come-first serve with Woody, so I need to make sure to get there at least an hour and 1/2 before departure time. Departure time is set for either 9:23 AM or 1:43 PM. We will get him the 1:43PM ticket because he'll be arriving in the evening, enough time for Jenn to get him and not have to rush. He's set to arrive in the Phill airport at 7:45 PM friday evening. Jenn I'm really hoping you can be there when he comes in so to avoid him having to wait any amount of time, and I guess I'm also a little nervous about someone trying to steal him. I'm sure it's not easy to do in an airport, but I can't help but worry about it. I know I've seen people grab suitcases and there doesn't seem to be anyone checking to make sure that the suitcase is leaving the building by it's proper owner. Make sure you bring a leash in with you, as I'm sure he'll be dancing in his pants to go potty, poor little guy.

I have the info for the vet on the temperature. They said they include it as standard. I'm sure she signed it for the maximum temp of 20, I'll find out when hubby comes home as he's picking it up on his way home from work. The vet we took him to is so nice, we might be changing our animals to that vet. Tonight we're getting the "Live Animal" stickers and the food/water dishes that attach to the kennel and Jenn I'm having an ID tag made with your phone numbers on it for him.

I know I will cry sending him off. I know the airplane trip is going to be very scary for him, and for that my heart breaks. He doesn't deserve any bad stuff, he's already been dumped and forgotten by his first family, and he's already showing a lot of bond towards me. I will be a mess dropping him off at the airport, and a nervous wreck until he's safe in Jenn's arms, but what a relief knowing that once this plane trip is over, he'll be living out his days as he deserves to. After all that I've been threw with him, I think I deserve to see him in the perfect home, too.

I think I actually might contact the pet psychic to have a talk with him to help ease the stress of the airplane flight. I really love little Woody and want nothing but good things for him. For those of you who were in this same situation, I'm sure you'd do the same thing, despite the work involved.

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Of all the times for it to SNOW, it's choosing now! EEK!! Tomorrow it says it's supposed to be 43 degrees during the day time, so let's hope it isn't too chilly for him. Saturday it's showing a wintry mix coming through. Like mother nature couldn't have cooperated and done this during the week and given me a snow day?! LOL!

I'm soooooo excited for this to be happening!! I know Philly airport well, and will call during the day to make sure where I need to pick him up, if it's not American Airlines, and they have some other area for cargo. It's about an hour drive from my place to the airport, pretty much a straight route down the PA Turnpike, and then to the south side of Philly.

It will be interesting to see how the kitties react to Woody, lol. Hmmmm... this should be fun! At least he's not huge and won't scare the crap out of them, lol. I think a few of the kitties weigh more than Woody does! :eek: :p

pitc9
01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
So this is happening for sure tomorrow??

EEEEKK I'm so excited!! :D

petslover
01-17-2008, 04:46 PM
I am so excited for Woody. I know I haven't been posting, but have been following this thread every step of the way. I can't wait to watch Woody grow up (but not to fast).

I am unable to donate, but I have been thinking of you all throughout this entire situation!!

Good Luck with everything.

Can't wait to see Woody's first pictures at his forever home! :)

orangemm
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
This is very exciting!

Fly, Woody, fly! :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
So this is happening for sure tomorrow??

EEEEKK I'm so excited!! :D

Yep, tomorrow's the day! The only way it won't happen tomorrow is if there are other dogs being flown out tomorrow since it's first come-first serve and they don't have any room left for Woody on that flight. Being that Wichita Falls is so small, I don't see this happening...and we're going to be getting there plenty early, too, so TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!! YAY!!!

Please everyone, if you could spare a prayer for our little furry friend, we all could use them. Lets hope and pray that the flight will be easy and our little Woody doesn't get too scared.

Oh, and we're all set on the donations. Any extra that it may cost to get all the little things we have to get, we will cover. BLESS YOU ALL who spared good thoughts, prayers, nice comments and to those of you who donated! This would not be possible without such a wonderful outpouring of love. YAY! Jenn, you excited?

ChrisH
01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Fingers crossed, positive thoughts, prayers, - and anything else I can think of - will be going out for Woody to have a safe trip and arrival tomorrow. {{hugs}}

K9karen
01-17-2008, 06:18 PM
No sleep for you tonight, huh, Jenn??

I'd never hone in, but I'm tempted to head to the airport and take a sneak peek!!!

Pictures please!

AdoreMyDogs
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Here's my little boy in his last night with us. It's SO hard to get a good photo of him, he's really on the go.

Here, also, is a picture of his crate with his pillow. You can't tell from the photo, but the pillow is pretty fluffy and I think it'll be pretty comfey for him.

Oh, and I cut his nails, too. They were little daggers.

molucass
01-17-2008, 06:49 PM
He is sooo cute!! I think he looks like a full-blooded basset hound.. His ears are too long, and his legs are too short to be a beagle.
We were puppysitting a basset hound pup for a couple weeks about 2 years ago, and he looks almost exactly like him.
Here are some pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Bandit04/100_0910.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Bandit04/100_0912.jpg

pitc9
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh Leslie... I got teary eyed looking at those pictures!
I know it's going to be so hard to leave him tomorrow. :( But try your hardest to be strong in front of the little guy. Then when you get into your car you can bawl your eyes out!!
Oh I can't tell you how happy I am that tomorrow is his big day.

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Here, also, is a picture of his crate with his pillow.

LESLIE ~ Please NOTE >>>

Here's the AA CARGO photo of a flight kennel ready to go >>>

https://www.aacargo.com/images/shipping/kennel_setup_simple.jpg

NOTE: The 4 WHITE Plastic Tie-Wraps that loop through the door
and then through a HOLE in the lip of the doorway.

YOU (or Hubby) NEED to Drill those four holes to accept the Tie-Wraps that
the Airline will use to "seal" his door - so it can't come open in transit.

The holes should be about the same size (1/8 - 1/4") and located near the holes
for the door latching pins.

Don't sweat the Tie-Wraps - the Ticket Agents are supposed to have them.

PS:

What TEMPERATURE is Woody "certified" for?
We still need to worry about it being too cold to allow him to fly!

Spread your Wings, Woody!

;)

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe it's so close!!! I'm going to have one heck of a time concentrating at work tomorrow, lol! Thank goodness it's only an inservice program, so I can zone out on what the principals and whoever else is speaking :p ;)

I think Woody is going to miss playing with those big doggers of yours! He'll just have to chase around the cats here, lol!

About those plastic tie thingamajigies... I don't know if Ally's crate had them on or not. I know her food and water bowls were attached with them as well as their regular clips.

Wow! He'll be home by this time tomorrow night!! :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 09:12 PM
About those plastic tie thingamajigies ...
I don't know if Ally's crate had them on or not.

Well, AA CARGO *wants* to use those Plastic Ties -
so the 4 little HOLES have to be there in the 4 corners.

That photo is from the AA CARGO How-To Ship an Animal site ... THEIR Idea - not mine.
It's easier to drill the holes NOW than to wait till they're at the airport to be told they're needed.
Hard to find a drill in an airport concorse! :p

And speaking of UN-answered questions ...
HOW LOW a Temp is Woody certified for?

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Phred, Leslie had mentioned this in her previous post.

I have the info for the vet on the temperature. They said they include it as standard. I'm sure she signed it for the maximum temp of 20, I'll find out when hubby comes home as he's picking it up on his way home from work. The vet we took him to is so nice, we might be changing our animals to that vet. Tonight we're getting the "Live Animal" stickers and the food/water dishes that attach to the kennel and Jenn I'm having an ID tag made with your phone numbers on it for him.

cyber-sibes
01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Paws crossed for a safe trip for Woody! He is such a doll, those pictures of him are adorable, what a baby-face! I'm putting in a little prayer that maybe a couple of our own RB angels will hop on that plane with him to keep him company on his journey, & see that he arrives safely! ;)
Can't wait to see pictures of the lil guy in his furever home! :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
What Leslie SAID was >>>

I have the info for the vet on the temperature.
They said they include it as standard.
I'm sure she signed it for the maximum temp of 20*,
I'll find out when hubby comes home as he's picking it up on his way home from work.

Well, the Question is *DID She* sign off on a 20* Low Temp, or something higher?

It'll be a cold 20* in Wichita Falls in the morning - only a high of 49* in mid-afternoon.

Dallas/Ft Worth will be a mid-afternoon high of 48*, falling to 26* in the evening.

Philadelphia will only get to 47* in the afternoon, falling to 27* in the evening.

Emeraldgreen
01-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow, this has been quite a thread to read! I just discovered it about an hour ago! Woody is very scrumptious Jenn and I'm so happy for you that he will be joining your family.
If you can, I'd get to the airport early and find the exact spot that he is due to come from the plane into the airport for you to pick up. I was thinking the same thing that Leslie was with regard to someone possibly stealing him. People do crazy things. Also, I say this because I was so shocked by the way my own dog and cats were shipped from Quebec to British Columbia back in 1998 and were basically abandoned in the airport. I put them all on the plane and when I got down to the luggage/cargo area in the Vancouver airport, there they were, sitting on a metal carosel (not the round moving kind but a stationary one) that was slanted so they were all in their cages practically tipped sideways. They were just fine but my biggest concern was that they were 100% unattended by anyone. Thankfully, I had raced off the plane as fast as I could to get down there and I think it probably wasn't more than 10 minutes that they were alone but it was upsetting. I guess I was thinking that an airport worker would be with them but there was no one. Hopefully things have changed since the late 90's and maybe there is a better system in the States.
Anyway, I'm sure you're planning to get there before his plane lands and he won't even have one minute by himself because you're probably so excited to see him! Who could blame you?!? I hope the day goes very smoothly and by this time tomorrow you two will be snuggling on the couch! Can't wait to see the pics. :)

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh I definitely plan to be there early!! I have all the directions on where they have cargo pick up and where to go, so I am planning to get there about 1hr beforehand, just so I know I'm in the right place!

Gosh, I'd hope they'd have someone from the airline there with him when he came off the plane.. how horrible how they left your guys!

sparks19
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
If you decide you need it... we will be more than willing to drive him from Harrisburg to allentown... or meet half way....

jennielynn1970
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
If you decide you need it... we will be more than willing to drive him from Harrisburg to allentown... or meet half way....

thanks for the offer, but he's flying in to Philadelphia instead. That's closer to me, and easier to get to.

shais_mom
01-17-2008, 11:13 PM
thanks for the offer, but he's flying in to Philadelphia instead. That's closer to me, and easier to get to.
fingers crossed for WOODY! :D
I wanna hear allll about it!

Taz_Zoee
01-17-2008, 11:18 PM
OMG!! I can't wait!!! And the puppy isn't even coming to me. LOL
I'm so excited for you Jennie!! :D And I'm sorry for you Leslie, but you will get to see him through pictures. I know it will be so hard for you to let him go at the airport.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for everyone tomorrow. :)

finn's mom
01-18-2008, 12:15 AM
That's so exciting. I can't wait to see Woody with his new mom!

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
I hope that Woody has a safe flight tomorrow and that everything goes smoothly.:) He sure is a cutie pie.:)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 04:13 AM
This is so exciting :D

(My only comment on the "nasty bit" is that its up to me and nobody else who or what I donate my money to and I am delighted to be able to part of this)

Good luck little Woody - really looking forward to seeing you in your new home

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Woody is absolutely gorgeous!! Let's know asap when he is finally at home, with you! And....... pics .... (hint hint)?!

pitc9
01-18-2008, 07:00 AM
OMG... I can't believe today's the DAY!!!
AHHHH!!

Where's the prayer pups?
Woody needs one of their special prayers for his safe travel.

Last night I lite the candle on my St. Francis statue and said a prayer for Woody's safe travel!

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Will be thinking of you Woody, safe travels and we all love you here on PT, MUAH!

Pam
01-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I didn't notice this thread until it got quite long. Threads with multiple pages need lots of time to take in. I haven't read through each post but I have read enough to be excited right along with almost everyone. I just wanted to say that I am sooooo happy for Woody and for Leslie and Jen. I don't think it gets any better than a PTer adopting from another PTer! :cool: I can't wait to see pictures. Jen, how far from Philadelphia are you? I never realized you were sort of in "my area." I am 10 miles outside of Philly just over the bridge in NJ! :)

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 08:02 AM
They signed the health certificate to 25 degree acclimation. I've called the vet and they state they can't go lower then 25 per the airline instructions. It won't stay this cold here, hopefully it doesn't drop down below 25 along the route. Prayers, please!

I still have to buy the "Live Animal" stickers, as Petco, Petsmart or Walmart do not have them. We're going to check another place today and if we can't find them, we're hoping the airport has them for sale.

pitc9
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Leslie, I just e-mail the Director of Airports Monica Morris at (SPS) and asked if they sell the stickers there. She got back to be quickly last time I e-mailed her, so hopefuly I'll have your answer for you soon!

According to the weather channel, at 8:00pm in Philly it's supposed to be 35.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Woohoo!!!! :D

Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together ;)

anna_66
01-18-2008, 08:44 AM
I'll be at work today so I wanted to wish Woody a good flight.

I hope you get some pictures at the airport...I'd love to see a happy reunion when I get home from work tonight:)

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 08:47 AM
LESLIE ~ Please NOTE >>>

Here's the AA CARGO photo of a flight kennel ready to go >>>

https://www.aacargo.com/images/shipping/kennel_setup_simple.jpg

NOTE: The 4 WHITE Plastic Tie-Wraps that loop through the door
and then through a HOLE in the lip of the doorway.

YOU (or Hubby) NEED to Drill those four holes to accept the Tie-Wraps that
the Airline will use to "seal" his door - so it can't come open in transit.

The holes should be about the same size (1/8 - 1/4") and located near the holes
for the door latching pins.

Don't sweat the Tie-Wraps - the Ticket Agents are supposed to have them.

PS:

What TEMPERATURE is Woody "certified" for?
We still need to worry about it being too cold to allow him to fly!

Spread your Wings, Woody!

;)

I'd been trying to brainstorm to figure a way to open 4 little holes, as we don't have a drill. I tried a wine bottle cork opener....nope.....then I remembered we had a sodder iron. I gave it a whirl and that thing went clear threw the crate and made 4 perfect little holes.....NEAT!!!! Improv.!!!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM
The Wichita Falls airport provides the Live Animal stickers! Yay! I was stressing about that, as I've called every single pet supply store in the area and not one sells them.

pitc9
01-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeahhhhh!!! :d

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 09:29 AM
OK I just HAD to post these photos. Quinn gives Woody's kennel 2 baby thumbs up. She said it's nice and soft and she likes the toys that her mommy put in there. She even tasted Woody's collar and said it tastes absolutely delicious.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Make sure you send the right baby :D

Glad Quinn approves

pitc9
01-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Make sure you send the right baby :D

LOL!!!

gini
01-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh, this whole thread reads like some wonderful novel! Prayers for a safe trip for Woody will be offered.

Quinn - oh, please, get out of there - Mommy would be so lost without you!

cyber-sibes
01-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Make sure you send the right baby :DLOL! :D Happy flight, Woody! :D

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Heading home now - hope to be able to check in over the weekend but if I don't "happy landings Woody"!!!

CountryWolf07
01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I love the name, "Woody".... good choice! =] & Good luck!!

pitc9
01-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Here's the link to Flight Aware for Woody's first flight from SPS to DFW:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EGF232

Here's Woody's itinerary for today:

He'll leave SPS at 1:43pm CST and arive at DFW at 2:35pm CST on AA Flight #3232.
Then he switches planes in Dallas (DFW) and gets onto AA flight #1086 leaving Dallas at 3:30pm CST and he'll spend 3 hours and 15 mins in the air and will land in PHL (Philly) at 7:45pm EST (there's a time change in there) into the awaiting open arms of his new mommy!!! :D
OMG... my eyes get leaky when I think how soon he'll be "home" :D

Woody, I pray for your safe flight and (just as Pat said) that there are PT angels flying with you keeping you company and ensuring your safety.
{{{HUGS}}} Woody!

shais_mom
01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Where's the prayer pups?
turn about is fair play right? he's always doing this to others...
:confused: :p

shais_mom
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
and again
just so he gets the message
:rolleyes:

Where's the prayer pups?

pitc9
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
LMAO Staci :D

shais_mom
01-18-2008, 11:51 AM
LMAO Staci :D
hopefully its just b/c he's already down on his knees praying for SNOOPY!

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Where's the prayer pups?

Be still!
We're Rite Here, now ...
We're Dawg Sittin - had to go pick up Miz Cali.

RobiLee
01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Happy and safe travels for you Woody!

We are all thinking about you today and can't wait to hear of your arrival.

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Jen, how far from Philadelphia are you? I never realized you were sort of in "my area." I am 10 miles outside of Philly just over the bridge in NJ! :)

I didn't realize you were that close either!!

I'm in Allentown, PA. I normally can drive to Philly in about 45 minutes. Used to go there every weekend when I was dating a guy in West Philly. LOVE Fairmount Park, South Street, the Historic District, and of course the waterfront area. It's always such a mix of people, things to do, various ethnic foods, it's just awesome.

I have friends who live in East Landsdowne, Ardmore, and other towns right outside of Philly as well.

Pam
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
OMG... my eyes get leaky when I think how soon he'll be "home" :D

I am getting LES just thinking about the minute when Woody and Jen get their first looks at each other. :) Oh Happy Day! :)

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Ok, I can hardly sit still (and it's not just my ADD kicking in either, lol). I want to drive to the airport NOW!!! :p ;)

pitc9
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
It's 12:30 her time.... so she's on the way to the airport already isn't she???

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
<ring> - <ring> - <ring> ... <klik>

HI, dis is GOD speakin.
I kan't come to da phone rite now, but your Prayer is important!
Please leave a message - I'll Listne as soon as I can."

<GASP>
We got His http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif answerin machine - onna PURRAYER LINE!
OMG! He must be BIZZIE tuday! Kall Klowld Wun!

"Klowd One - Pilot Peanut talkin ... what'ch want?"

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif
Where's GOD!? ~~~ Wanna talk to GOD!

Calm DOWN, Pups ...
He's rite here, sorta ... we just got to Columbus aftur
doin Filou's *dental* across da Big Pond ...
Now He's in da OSU Hoppsbittle wiff your Bud Snoopy.

We needa *ESKORT* fur lil Woody in Texas!
It'z his Furst Flite - he's headed fur his Furrever Home.
God *promised* to *Eskort* his planes!

We know all 'bout it - Quit WURRYIN!
We're supposed to *BEEP* God at 2:30 iffin he's not back yet -
PLENTEE on tyme to get him on board an *zipp* down to Texas!
We'll be *zippin* along as Wing Katz for Woody's flites tuday.

Well, prolly GOD will be doin da *zippin* - He alluz grabs da
Pilot Seet when we're flyin in Formation ... He sounds jest like
Mom iffin He's gotta ride inna back seet ... "Don't get too klose;
Watch dat turn; Stop sine comin up" ... Sheeze!!

Ohhhh ... so you're all gonna be in Wichita Falls by 1:43 pm?
Well ... OK ... give Woody a *wave* frum us.
Have a Safe Flite!!
THANKS, Guys!

More Prayers fur Snoopy!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
FLY HIGH, Woody!!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

pitc9
01-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks Prayer Pups... we needed dat! ;)

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL! I like the answering machine on the prayer line!

ramanth
01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Safe flight Woody!

shais_mom
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
<ring> - <ring> - <ring> ... <klik>

HI, dis is GOD speakin.
I kan't come to da phone rite now, but your Prayer is important!
Please leave a message - I'll Listne as soon as I can."

<GASP>
We got His http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif answerin machine - onna PURRAYER LINE!
OMG! He must be BIZZIE tuday! Kall Klowld Wun!

"Klowd One - Pilot Peanut talkin ... what'ch want?"

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif
Where's GOD!? ~~~ Wanna talk to GOD!

Calm DOWN, Pups ...
He's rite here, sorta ... we just got to Columbus aftur
doin Filou's *dental* across da Big Pond ...
Now He's in da OSU Hoppsbittle wiff your Bud Snoopy.

We needa *ESKORT* fur lil Woody in Texas!
It'z his Furst Flite - he's headed fur his Furrever Home.
God *promised* to *Eskort* his planes!

We know all 'bout it - Quit WURRYIN!
We're supposed to *BEEP* God at 2:30 iffin he's not back yet -
PLENTEE on tyme to get him on board an *zipp* down to Texas!
We'll be *zippin* along as Wing Katz for Woody's flites tuday.

Well, prolly GOD will be doin da *zippin* - He alluz grabs da
Pilot Seet when we're flyin in Formation ... He sounds jest like
Mom iffin He's gotta ride inna back seet ... "Don't get too klose;
Watch dat turn; Stop sine comin up" ... Sheeze!!

Ohhhh ... so you're all gonna be in Wichita Falls by 1:43 pm?
Well ... OK ... give Woody a *wave* frum us.
Have a Safe Flite!!
THANKS, Guys!

More Prayers fur Snoopy!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
FLY HIGH, Woody!!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif
worth the wait--
well done.

gini
01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Cinder and Smoke - excellent job - thank you!

(geeze, Staci, cut the guy some slack!:D )

pitc9
01-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I just got an automated call from AA saying that flight #3232 was supposed to depart at 1:43 is now not departing untill 3:15pm!!!!!!!

:eek:

Taz_Zoee
01-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I just got an automated call from AA saying that flight #3232 was supposed to depart at 1:43 is now not departing untill 3:15pm!!!!!!!

Oh no! I hope Leslie can hang out with him and he's not alone in the airport waiting. :(

pitc9
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm talking to Leslie right now.... he's not going anywhere today or tomorrow. :( Maybe they'd be able to get him on a plane on Sunday. :( :(

The planes that are heading out of SPS (her local small airport) are all full for today and tomorrow. :(
Paws crossed that he can get on a plane on Sunday.

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Awwww, NUTZ!!

AA saying that flight #3232 was supposed to depart at 1:43 is now
not departing untill 3:15pm!!!!!!!

Disregard all this >>>>

LESLIE ~ PM me Woody's "AIRBILL Number"

I can't get the Airbill Number till about 4:45pm - I can find out more
if I have that number now.

"The System" is reporting that Woody's flight #3232 is delayed till 3:15 Central Time
due to a "mechanical problem". :rolleyes:

There's no good way to tell exactly WHERE Woody is right now ...
He might still be in the terminal; he might already be on the plane.

For sure he's going to *miss* flight # 1086 ...
IF they take off from Wichita Falls at 3:15 Central time;
they'll get into Dallas/Ft Worth at 4:12 pm ...

The next flight direct to Philly will be # 1072 - departing DFW @ 5:10 pm (Central)
and ARRIVING PHILADELPHIA @ 9:20 pm (Eastern) tonight.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE NUTZ!!

He *missed* da Bus!

pitc9
01-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Cinder & Smoke
There's no good way to tell exactly WHERE Woody is right now ...
He might still be in the terminal; he might already be on the plane.

Phred...
Read my post #171... I was on the phone talking to Leslie Woody's at home with Leslie.

Taz_Zoee
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Awww man. Sorry Jennie, you have to wait TWO more days!!! :(

gini
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
I feel better that he is still hanging out with Leslie than sitting at the airport!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
2 more days for Mr. Woody :( He is napping after chowing down. He was pretty hungry since I fasted him today to avoid him having a full belly during the trip. I'm really dissapointed that the airport here can't take him today or tomorrow. Lets hope he can fly out on Sunday morning....fingers crossed!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh dammit!

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't think he can go on a Sunday... from what that cargo flight thing said, it's closed on Sundays...

CARGO PICK UP: FOR ALL SHIPMENTS
HOURS: 5AM-0030AM MON-FRI 9AM-1PM SAT CLOSED SUN

or this

PPS PICK UP: FOR DOMESTIC SHIPMENTS
HOURS: 8AM-2AM DAILY

I'm assuming it means that they come in at the cargo facility, not the regular airport terminal where the people are, and it says that they aren't open on Sundays... and only Saturdays till 1pm.

I'll have to call them and see what is up, the more I read on the pick up place and all that, the more confused I get.

Good thing I was reading this and didn't leave really early, as I was planning to do (I was shooting for 4pm, and I'm all ready to go). I'd be sitting at the airport wondering what was going on! :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Aaaaarrgh!!!

Am sure it will all work out in the end........happy to donate more after pay day if its needed. Feel part of Woody's extended family now

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
OH NOOOOOOOO , poor poor Woody..... :(
What now???

AdoreMyDogs
01-18-2008, 04:43 PM
The only way we can get him out sooner is if we drive him to Dallas. I don't mind driving there, but we don't have a fuel efficent vehicle (minivan) and it's a 2 hour drive one way. That totals about $70 round trip or so. We are broke at the moment. Hubby got paid last night but we went shopping and we don't have anything else to use as a cushion this pay period. I have a very part time evening job (usually 2 evenings per week I work) but they didn't have me on any hours last week and just one night the week previous, so I don't have a paycheck to help with bills this pay period.

Here's hoping they can fly Woody out on Sunday. They told us it shouldn't be a problem, but they wouldn't know for sure until Sunday.

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Here's hoping they can fly Woody out on Sunday.
They told us it shouldn't be a problem,
but they wouldn't know for sure until Sunday.

NOTE: The BIG Problem with Woody flying on Sunday is going to be the TEMPERATURE
in either Harrisburg OR Philadelphia!

The forecast HIGH on on Sunday is only 27* ... with the evening LOWs at 15*.
The High of 27* will dip below 25* at 4:00 pm.
Woody would have to drop into Philly between Noon and 3:00 pm - with no room for "delays".

MONDAY, January 21 (Mratin Luther King Day) would be MUCH Better to fly him -
Almost a heat wave hits Philly with a HIGH of 31* in the early afternoon.

JENN ~ Do you have MONDAY "off" as a Holiday?
Even if you don't, the optimal arrival times would be either 4:25 pm or 5:45 pm
on Monday - you can get to Philly by 4:25 pm, can't you?

Here's the Flight Pairs - Sunday And Monday - same flight numbers, same times >>>

Early Bird from (SPS) Wichita Falls to (DFW) Dallas/Ft Worth:
Flight # 3226 - Depart WF @ 9:23 am; arrive DFW @ & 10:15 am

Connects with Flight # 604 from DFW to (PHL) Philadelphia, PA
Flight # 604 - Depart DFW @ 12:15 pm; arrive Philly @ 4:25 pm (getting COLD)

This pair is NO Good on Sunday (Philly will be too cold); but OK on Monday:
Flight # 3212 - depart WF @ 11:28 am; arrive DFW @ 12:30 pm
Flight # 348 - depart DFW @ 1:35 pm; arrive Philly @ 5:45 pm

All things considered -

A Sunday flight is going to be "risky" - he could get held up or refused for the low temperatures.

MONDAY is a safer bet - the heat wave of 31* in Philly opens up the allowable window a little bit.

PS: The notes about Hours of Operation at Philly =
No Problem - the Agent advised that Woody, as a "PPS" (Priority Parcel Service) shipment,
will be "handled" by Passanger BAGGAGE folks - who DO work all 7 days -
he'll be availabe for pickup at Philly every day 8am - 2am, including Holidays.

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 08:40 PM
JENN ~ Do you have MONDAY "off" as a Holiday?

Here's the Flight Pairs - Sunday And Monday - same flight numbers, same times >>>

This pair is NO Good on Sunday (Philly will be too cold); but OK on Monday:

All things considered -

A Sunday flight is going to be "risky" - he could get held up or refused for the low temperatures.

MONDAY is a safer bet - the heat wave of 31* in Philly opens up the allowable window a little bit.

PS: The notes about Hours of Operation at Philly =
No Problem - the Agent advised that Woody, as a "PPS" (Priority Parcel Service) shipment,
will be "handled" by Passanger BAGGAGE folks - who DO work all 7 days -
he'll be availabe for pickup at Philly every day 8am - 2am, including Holidays.

/s/ Phred

Hey Phred...
I am OFF on Monday for MLK day.

Sunday is supposed to be REALLY cold (23*F) because of a front coming in from Canada. Monday shouldn't be as bad. Poor little guy will freeze in the cargo area!

I'm confused with the baggage thing... does that mean he comes in to the regular terminal, or the separate cargo area???

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2008, 09:27 PM
I am OFF on Monday for MLK day.

Sunday is supposed to be REALLY cold (23*F) because of a front coming in from Canada.
Monday shouldn't be as bad.

I'm confused with the baggage thing ... does that mean he comes in
to the regular terminal, or the separate cargo area???

1) Someone be sure that Leslie reads all this and DOESN'T try to fly Woody on Sunday!

2) Monday "should be" an OK to fly day - but the weather at Philly needs to be checked
later on Sunday to see what the Monday forecast is.

3) Pickup location ... I "think" it will be at the Passenger Baggage Area ---
But *I* will determine exactly where the pickup point is after we decide
What DAY he's going to fly.

Jenn:

I'd be sitting at the airport wondering what was going on! :eek:

Don't you have a CELL Phone to keep in touch with?
A Cell is almost a requirement to to successfully "find" Woody - so much can change
at the last minute - you need to be "in touch" with AA CARGO and one of us.

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes, I have a cell phone. Leslie has both home and cell numbers for me. I DID have laryngitis for the past week +, and Leslie knew I couldn't talk at all, and just got my voice back today for the most part, so hopefully I can get to talk to her tonight or tomorrow.

molucass
01-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm sorry things didn't work out today.
Hopefully soon though!

Lots of prayers for little Woody when he is able to fly!

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Woody's flight has been delayed.:( They're probably full because of the 3 day weekend for a lot of people and then some also try to make it a 4 day weekend. I'm one of the few that has to work on Monday though.:( I sure hope that Woody will be able to fly to Jenn at least by Monday. Good luck.:)

jennielynn1970
01-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Leslie... give me a call or let me know when is a good time to call you so we can catch up on this and figure out when Woody is going to fly. We need to coordinate things, lol.

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I think it's time to *scratch* the idea of a Sunday Flight -
Philadelphia's temperatures are now forecast for a Sunday high of only 26*,
with Sunday evening going down to 14* :eek:.

Monday is starting to look a little too "chilly" to be a safe bet -
Monday in Philly is forecast at only 31* for the high; and 23* for the evening low.
A Monday flight might be risky due to the low evening temps.

Heat Wave for Philly is pushed back to TUESDAY - a balmy 41* high
and a warm enough 30* for the evening low.
Other than a chance of snow showers on the roadways, TUESDAY is the warmest
afternoon & evening combination for the whole week.

Flight Recap - valid for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday >>>

OR:

The earlier flight is better - less chance of the afternoon Philly temperature falling
below Woody's minimum of 25*.

/s/ Phred

krazyaboutkatz
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Do you think that the airlines would allow Woody to have a snuggle safe microwave heat pad or something similar in the carrier with him? These are supposed to last 12 hours and they'd help keep him warm.:) I think that most pet stores sell something similar to this. I know it would mean that we need more donations but if the airlines allow this, I'd be willing to donate towards it. I'm hoping that my paypal account is still working.:)

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Do you think that the airlines would allow Woody to have a snuggle safe
microwave heat pad or something similar in the carrier with him?

These are supposed to last 12 hours and they'd help keep him warm.

In a word - NO!

We'd be trying to change a Long-Standing set of airline regulations that have been developed
after years of experience in shipping animals ...
It'd be like pushing water uphill ... they won't wanna hear it.

The other *rub* to a pre-warmed anything - Woody would be too HOT in the
normally comfortable temperature in the pressurized and heated cargo bay.

IF things go according to plan, Woody is only exposed to the cold for about 30 minutes before and after each flight - during his ride out to and back from the aircraft in a baggage cart pulled by a tug. His layover will probably be spent in the Baggage Office on somebody's desk.

Freedom
01-19-2008, 05:21 PM
FYI - My Sugar flew in from Ohio as PPS cargo on AA Cargo.

My pick up was at the regular terminal. NOT at the baggage area. They brought all the pet carriers up on one of those luggage dollies, and we all had to line up with our paper work and driver's license to claim our dog. You must have photo ID to claim your pet.

In spite of all the confusion (yes, I was quite confused what was going on that day), I was left with the impression that they really DO know what they are doing. Hope that helps.

NoahsMommy
01-19-2008, 05:25 PM
In a word - NO!
IF things go according to plan, Woody is only exposed to the cold for about 30 minutes before and after each flight - during his ride out to and back from the aircraft in a baggage cart pulled by a tug. His layover will probably be spent in the Baggage Office on somebody's desk.

Is there a way to put a COVER on Woody's mobile puppy condo?? I don't know if I missed any Airline Regs saying "no", so if I did, forgive me please. :o

What about warm-inducing cloths/blankies to keep in his puppy condo? Fabrics like fleece and wool tend to warm up when warmed by body heat. Maybe putting a polar fleece 1/2 or whole yard from the sale bin at a local craft/sewing store would help him stay warm??

What about self-heating socks?? Maybe those could be placed inside with him and activated? Again, I don't know what the airlines are 'OK' with, so I'm sorry if they aren't allowed.

Maybe the above mentioned fleece or wool at the very least? Either way....sending prayers, love and good, warm thoughts to all involved.

Oh! How sweet, generous, kind of those that have emotionally and/or financially invested in getting sweet Woody to his furrever home. What an amazingly wonderful story. :)

Two-cents on differing opinions: While there is a larger financial donation, there is also the certainty that we ALL know that Woody is going to the BEST type of home on earth - a PT Home!! Just because the need wasn't local doesn't mean there wasn't a need just as important.

Can't wait until Woody is home with Jennie...I'm sure Jennie, you agree. Kind of, "lets get this over with", huh? It just has to be soon....come on, weather clouds and atmosphere, can't you go bother some other part of the world?? Come to CA, we need a new kind of weather to entertain us all. ;)

Hugs,
Kelly :)

P.S. Btw, PT truly is AMAZING!! Most of the people that gave $$ wont ever get the chance to meet Woody or his soon to be momma, Jennie. PT is by far the kindest, most generous place/people, EVER!!!! Truly a blessed place/people.

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Leslie ...

Give me a call or let me know when is a good time to call you so we can catch up on this
and figure out when Woody is going to fly.

We need to coordinate things.

Did this conversation ever take place today?

Is there a Plan for Woody?

jennielynn1970
01-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Leslie called me tonight, and we're going to try to fly him out on Monday. She's going to make phone calls tomorrow to get more info on the availability for the flight on Monday. Leslie had gone to the airport on Friday, and had been told on the phone, that there was space for Woody. She got there, waited for 2hrs, only to be told that there wasn't any room. Hopefully the airport people are all communicating on Sunday and Monday, and she doesn't have to rearrange plans all over again (it's hard when you have one vehicle, and a baby to take into the scenario).

FREEDOM - what do you mean Sugar flew into the regular terminal?? I'm guessing an animal wouldn't come down the little spinny carousel, lol. You're saying it's a separate cargo area, right?

Freedom
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
FREEDOM - what do you mean Sugar flew into the regular terminal?? I'm guessing an animal wouldn't come down the little spinny carousel, lol. You're saying it's a separate cargo area, right?

Nope. At least at our airport, they bring the dogs right up to the Check In place, where you go to buy tickets, check luggage, and so forth. It is on the UPPER level. When you get off a plane here, and need to get baggage and then go out for a taxi (or your car) all that is on the LOWER LEVEL. We did not go down stairs except to be told to go back up lol. That's what I mean, for all the questions I was SO confused, but they did know what was happening. They needed access to the computer terminal to mark each dog in and arrived, and then as picked up. There are no computer terminals in that lower level, except in the lost luggage office.

If you are going to a LARGE airport for pick up, it could be a hike back and forth. Our airport is quite small, so it wasn't too bad going down and then back up again.

Sorry Leslie had a wasted trip to the airport; she should "make a big fuss" when she is on the phone with them, so it doesn't happen again!

Freedom
01-19-2008, 09:39 PM
No, we did not go to a special cargo area either. (I just re read what you asked.) The special package service goes in a special, pressurized area of the cargo hold of a passenger flight. So there are lots of people on the plane and the plane comes in to the regular terminal, not a cargo terminal. (We DO have a cargo terminal, we did not go there to pick up Sugar.)

They get the people off, get the dogs off and onto the luggage dolly, then unload all the baggage for the passengers. It took AGES for the attendants to bring the luggage dolly up with all the dog carriers on it. All the passengers were long gone from downstairs, I am quite sure!

Once Woody is actually in the air, you should phone and get specific instructions where to go at your airport for the pick up. Terminal A or Cargo Bay 6 or whatever. Until he is actually on a flight, they can't give you the specifics.

pitc9
01-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Paws (and everything else) crossed for tomorrow.
I hope the weather is nice to Woody!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I hope the weather is nice to Woody!!!!

The Philadelphia area forecast (as of 11:00 am Sunday) has lowered the
Monday temperatures (again) :(
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind between 9 and 14 mph.
M.L.King Day: Sunny, with a high near 27. West wind around 8 mph.
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Once again, TUESDAY looks to be a better flying temperature day >>>
Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. South wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Tuesday: Snow showers likely, mixing with rain after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. South wind between 7 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow showers, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Gosh, the weather just keeps getting colder!!

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are out for me this week. I teach a homebound student in the evenings, and don't normally get home from her place (the 2 days a week that I am there) until about 9pmish if her mom has questions and wants to talk. So, till I'd get done there, and then get to Philly, we're talking a minimum of 10:30 or 11pm. Not good, and not gonna work when I have work the next day.

I could do Friday, Saturday or Sunday of this week. If Friday, his flight would have to get in well after 5pm. Traffic on Fridays going into Philly is rough, and I wouldn't be able to leave work till 3:30-4:00. Weekdays when I'm working are hard to schedule things after work because I never know when kids are going to want to stay to use the library for research or whatever.

This week is going to be a strange one because I just got a call that one of the teachers I worked with died suddenly yesterday (Saturday). They didn't say how or why, just that he had passed away. So, we're going to be having a disruption of classes for the school psychologists and meetings for kids and all the other fun stuff involved with a death in a school. We had a death of a teacher last school year, and it just rocked the school for a good two weeks. Granted, he was a huge personality in the school, and so vibrant, it just really affected everyone. The teacher that just passed this weekend was newer to the school, and pretty quiet. He taught Spanish class, so not everyone had him, so I really don't know how the kids will react. He was a little negative, always counting the days left for school, so I'm wondering if he actually committed suicide?? He didn't look ill, and never said much really. His wife didn't tell the principal either, so if it was a suicide, the reaction is going to be really mixed. He wasn't well liked, so we might have kids who feel really guilty that a teacher would kill himself, and feel regret that they didn't like him.

Anyway.... I know Leslie really wants to get her house back to normal. Her dogs are acting out, and it's not good (jumping the fence to run away from the puppy, lol), and just having another "baby" to take care of. So, I really hope Woody can fly sooner rather than later. If the cargo holds are all heated and pressurized, then I don't see why there would be that much of an issue, except for the transfers on the ground.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the weathermen are wrong again as usual, and it will be warmer tomorrow!

shais_mom
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
But Jenn has school on Tuesday and can't miss any more work. :( You willing to pick him up Phred and drive him home? ;) what's the 10 day forecast?

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2008, 01:01 PM
But Jenn has school on Tuesday and can't miss any more work. :(

You willing to pick him up, Phred, and drive him home? ;)

What's the 10 day forecast?

Yeah butt ...
Jenn gets out of School early enough to get to Philly before Woody lands -
no time off work required.
REVISED: :o
OK - *scratch* the above ... weekdays would be bad.

US drive to Philly & then deliver him --- SURE - as long as you buy da GAS! :p

Another week in Texas??
Dunno if Leslie can hold up that long.
Word hazzit that between Baby Quinn and Puppy Woody - her "strings" are
getting *stretched* pretty tight! :eek:

Woody might wind up stuffed inna US Mail collection box with an Airmail Stamp stuck
between his eyes and a "TO: Jenn" tag on his collar. :p

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2008, 01:46 PM
:o

Oooopsie!
I missed seeing Jen's earlier reply ... *scratch* what I said above.

:o

Gosh, the weather just keeps getting colder!!

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are out for me this week.
I could do Friday, Saturday or Sunday of this week.

If the cargo holds are all heated and pressurized,
then I don't see why there would be that much of an issue,
except for the transfers on the ground.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the weathermen are wrong again as usual,
and it will be warmer tomorrow!

There's a definate "warming trend" at Philadelphia later in the week -
NEXT Saturday and Sunday would be good temperature days with >>>
(SAT: 24* / 39* / 33* and SUN: 33* / 42* / 32*).
Dallas / Ft Worth has a heat wave - temps in the 60s on next Sat & Sun.

The temperature "Issue" is mostly the ground temps during transfer onto and off the aircraft;
but they're NOT going to change or overlook long-standing airline policies for Woody.
Anything below 25* is "too cold to fly" - that's their Rules!

Since Tuesday is out for Jenn; can Woody stay in Texas at Leslie's Ranch till next weekend?

I think tomorrow (Jan 2st) should be considered as a last resort.

/s/ Phred

AdoreMyDogs
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Just an idea...anyone near the Philly airport that would want to puppy sit Woody a few days? As Phred posted in the previous post, Woody has really stretched me as far as I can go. I can't take it much longer. When I originally got Woody, I expected to have him a week. This is turning into closer to a month and I can't take it much longer. Woody needs more then I can give him and Boone has started jumping the fence in the past week, because of Woody. When all 3 dogs are outside to play and potty, Boone waits until I close the back door and he immediately jumps the fence. I had to resort to getting a chain for him, and he is so terrified of the chain he won't leave the back door. When I let Boone and Kersey out to play together, Woody cries because he wants to go and play with them, and I have to listen to his screaming which is not fun, especially when Quinn's asleep. She wakes up the instant Woody starts his "I wanna play" bark. If I let Woody out by himself he gets lonely (no surprise there) and he barks at the door so I can let one of the dogs out with him. I've been letting Kersey stay out with Woody because she doesn't jump the fence but she is just so unhappy about this situation and I can just see the look in her eye when I send her outside to play with Woody and it breaks my heart. She's never liked him. She tolerates him, but she doesn't like him.

My house pack is really not comfortable anymore. Woody needs more then I can offer him and my dogs are really tired of him. I really can't imagine having him another week. He's a great little dog and a sweet personality, but one person can only handle so much. If I didn't have Quinn, I'm sure it would be 10 times more do-able, but I can't take it much longer. Anyone near Philly airport that would want to pick him up for Jenn and keep him until he can be united at last with his new mommy?

I'm not sure how possible this would be, considering Jennie's info is on the health certificate, but, once the vet opens on Monday, I MIGHT be able to get the info changed IF someone wants to pick up and foster Woody a few days. Just an idea.

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Let me PM Sparks19 and see if we can fly him into Harrisburg. She offered to pick him up there earlier, so maybe she could still do that?? Let me see what she says.... cross your paws!!

Catty1
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Apropos of nothing - I got the impression that this was a commuter-size plane.

Since when do they have cargo holds? I thought stuff went in the cabin in a secured area.

If the aircraft is a dash 7 or 8, anyway.

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Apropos of nothing - I got the impression that this was a commuter-size plane.

Since when do they have cargo holds? I thought stuff went in the cabin in a secured area.

If the aircraft is a dash 7 or 8, anyway.

The "larger" commuter jet flies DFW to Philly ... it's a
McDonnell Douglas DC-9 Super 80 (or DC-9-80), sometimes called the MD-80;
combining the new engines with a further stretched fuselage, increased span wing and other improvements. Launched in October 1977, the Super 80 first flew on October 18 1979. Seats approx 142 passengers. Flight Crew of 2 = Pilot + First Oficer.

From another discussion board:
"... American employees figured out a way to rig up a second smaller hose that funnels some of the cool air from the plane into the cargo hold...
American's working to install the belly coolers at more and more gates ...

So far they have the belly coolers at all of the gates that handle Super 80 airplanes.
The plane with the most cramped cargo hold
and also the most common plane in American's fleet. (Dated August, 2007)
Seems like the Super 80 does have one or more "belly holds".

Again, the issue isn't the temperature aboard the operating aircraft - it's the
possible temperatures during loading / unloading and travel to / from the terminal.

/s Phred

Emeraldgreen
01-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Do the regulations for temperature just have to do with the ground time spent between transfer or does it also apply to boarding and deboarding ground time as well? If it just applied to ground time spent between planes, would it be worth it to try and find a direct flight that doesn't transfer from one plane to another? I haven't checked but I'm guessing that the flight that transfers to another plane is less expensive than a direct flight but it could solve the problem. Maybe there isn't a direct flight available though. :(

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Do the regulations for temperature just have to do with the ground time spent between transfer
or does it also apply to boarding and deboarding ground time as well?

... would it be worth it to try and find a direct flight that doesn't transfer
from one plane to another?

1) The Temperature Rules apply to a Live Animal for every second that animal is
in the care & custody of, and is the responsibility of, American Airlines.
They take that responsibility Seriously and do NOT "bend" their own rules.

2) We HAVE checked - there are NO direct or non-stop flights between Wichita Falls, TX
and either Harrisburg OR Philadelphia, PA.

3) The small commuter jet flying out of Wichita Falls does NOT fly on to
either Harrisburg noe Philadelphia - passengers and cargo & Animals must
exit the little Wichita Falls plane at Dallas / Ft Worth and board a lil bigger jet
to get to Harrisburg or Philadelphia.

/s/ Phred

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 04:21 PM
The only way to get a direct flight is to fly him out of Dallas Fort Worth and fly into Philadelphia. I don't know if Leslie and her husband are able to get there.

These are the daily direct flights for DFW to PHL:
DFW 08:20 to PHL 12:25
DFW 10:45 to PHL 14:50
DFW 12:15 to PHL 16:25
DFW 13:35 to PHL 17:45
DFW 15:30 to PHL 19:45
DFW 17:10 to PHL 21:20
DFW 21:00 to PHL 00:55

K9karen
01-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Jenn... I'm going to PM you now....

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Just replied, twice actually, lol.

shais_mom
01-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I have a friend on another forum who lives around Philly as well, who is a huge dog lover. Let me know if I need to contact her.

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I think we have to figure out when Leslie can get Woody to the airport this week. Tomorrow is supposed to be -3*F with the windchill up here. I don't see him flying tomorrow, although if he does, I'll let you all know! I hope to be talking to Leslie tomorrow if she doesn't post tonight.

sparks19
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I responded to Jenns PM

We could pick him up and do a meet halfway thing... everynight except Tuesday as we are meeting with out realtor to write an offer on a house. And pick up would need to be after 6 pm as hubby doesn't finish work until after 5 and I don't drive :(

jennielynn1970
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
I responded to Jenns PM

We could pick him up and do a meet halfway thing... everynight except Tuesday as we are meeting with out realtor to write an offer on a house. And pick up would need to be after 6 pm as hubby doesn't finish work until after 5 and I don't drive :(

Well, I figured I'd try my options, lol. I think a lot depends on when he gets a flight out as to when he'd arrive. If it's really late, like after 8pm, I wouldn't be able to pick him up till the next day.

Well, let's see what happens and if K9Karen can help out, and when Woody will actually fly.

K9karen
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
:D :D :D

I was going to start a new thread..but...

I don't care what John says :p but I do respect my brother...he just rolled his eyes at me just now....

I WILL WOODY-SIT!!!!

The promo just now for weather said another artic blast is on the way...

Since the neighbor dogs are not allowed out without supervision, it's been relatively OK. I can always take Woody out front or to the school or on a walk if worse comes to worse. I don't worry about Logan as she's fearless with other dogs and basically doesn't care. She's been with puppies and other dogs and just does her thing.

Tonight I dropped my cell phone into a pot of soapy water so that's the end of it until at least Wed. Jenn.. I have unlimited long distance on my land line too so if you PM me your # I will contact you.

Also give me Leslie's number too. If only Woody could leave from DFW, he'd be almost home. Having been a tvl agt for 30+ yrs..those commuter flights are dreadful sometimes....

All I can say is Woo! Woo!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2008, 12:38 AM
:)

We gots a PLAN!

Plan A:
* Leslie drags Quinn & Woody off the the airport at 7:00 am Monday
* The lil puddle-jumper plane isn't overloaded and they take Woody
* Woody flies out of Wichita Falls at 9:23 or 11:28
* Nobody at AA checks the temp at Philly
* Woody flies out of DFW for Philly at 12:15 or 1:35
* Momma Jenn heads off to Philly
* Woody arrives Philly at 4:25 or 5:45
* By 6:00 pm Woody is headed HOME in Mom's Bus

Plan B:
* IF Woody didn't make it on Monday (and he didn't - [too cold])
* Leslie goes to the Vet to have his Health Certificate changed
* Leslie gets to the airport to try again on TUESDAY
* Woody hopefully makes a flight out SOMEtime on Tuesday
* Woody arrives DFW and jumps on a jet to Philly
* Woody arrives in Philly sometime on Tuesday
*** Our Own miz K9Karen swoops in & scoops him up
* Karen intros him to Miz Queen Bee and hopes for no fireworks
* Woody camps with Karen till the weekend
* Karen and Jenn arrange a meet over the weekend
* Woody heads for HOME a few days late.

** Cross whatever you've got to cross that Woody Flies on Monday ...
or he Flies on Tuesday.
;)

Pennsylvania - Here he COMES!! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Everything crossed for Woody :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-21-2008, 06:06 AM
I'm taking Woody to the airport this morning. I was up late getting everything ready, got off the phone with Phred and Jennie close to midnight and still had to bathe Woody and get everything ready. Am I ever SLEEPY!

Wish us luck please!

Cincy'sMom
01-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Safe Journies today, Woody! We'll be thinking of you!

anna_66
01-21-2008, 07:12 AM
*Whew!* I hope this time is a go for Woody! Good luck!

pitc9
01-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Paws crossed that he gets to PA today!!

Have a safe trip Woody!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-21-2008, 08:18 AM
For the love of God I hate this Wichita Falls airport! They are so rude and every time I go it's just a nightmare. Nope, Woody is not going out today even though I called them last night and they said it should be OK to fly him today. It's too cold today. Also, I just noticed the vet forgot to sign his health certificate, so I have to take it up to the vet later today to have them sign it. I couldn't have flown him today anyway because of the missing signature. I called the vet this morning and they were very apologetic. The man at the counter at the airport was rude and made me very upset. When this is all over and done with I will NEVER step foot in that airport again!

It feels like this is just not going to happen :(

Daisy and Delilah
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I just have to offer {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to everyone involved in getting Woody to Jennie. You all have been through alot!! Best wishes for smoother sailing ahead :)

pitc9
01-21-2008, 08:28 AM
OMG...... :(

I can't believe how difficult this has been.... :(

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Poor Woody ... "refused" again. :(

Today's excuse was what I feared - Wichita Falls checked with the AA Weather Profits and
were told the temp in Philly wasn't going above "mid 20s" any time today = "TOO COLD, Sorry". :mad:

AND, Leslie just looked at the Health Certificate - and discovered the Vet had never *signed* it!

I just got off the phone with Jenn - we've decided lil Woody will try agin on
Tuesday (AA says temps will get up to 35* in Philly) -
so if there's room on the plane - he ought to get to fly tomorrow.

And Miz KAREN (K9Karen) has agreed to be his pick-up person and Dawg Sitter till
Jenn can arrange a meeting to get him over the weekend.
(Hope the Senior Resident Pooch doesn't mind having a lil house guest for a few days!)

I'll give Leslie all of Karen's info for the revised Health Certificate;
and then all we need is PT Prayers for >>>
* Room on the plane tomorrow
* Warm enough in Philly to Let Woody FLY

THANKS AGAIN to Poor Leslie/Foster Mom #1 AND K9Karen/Foster Mom #2

/s/ Phred

Pawsitive Thinking
01-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh not again!!! 3rd time lucky eh???

As for that rude man - once Woody is safely en route I would suggest you tell him exactly what you think of his customer service skills

Taz_Zoee
01-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't give up Leslie, this will happen. All of us PTers are hoping (and many are helping) that this will all go through tomorrow.
I will be hoping very hard that the temps stay up and Woody will be a step closer to his new mommy, Jennie.

cyber-sibes
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Well, the warmer weather we've had till now was pretty unusual. After all, it is January. Guess we can't expect it to be warm all the time. At least Woody is safe & sound, and he will eventually make it to his new home. We're keeping paws crossed he can do so safely--soon!

Freedom
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Sorry you made yet ANOTHER wasted trip to the airport. But keep in mind, if it is too cold for the doggie to fly, then it is in his best interests NOT to get him on that plane.

Another trip, doggie and toddler in tow, it can't be fun. I can understand you feel it will never happen. It will; it is the time of year. Summer heat is also a time when pet flight is iffy. Much as it is driving you nuts there is a reason for the temperature regulations and I KNOW you understand that.

Duh, can't believe no one noticed before that the vet cert wasn't signed. I once got a prescription for my Dad, and it wasn't dated properly. It was a January doctor visit, and the doc wrote January 11, and the PRIOR YEAR! LOL. Didn't notice until I took it in to the pharmacy. Scripts are only good for 6 months so they wouldn't honor it. Things happen, and a whole lot of them are happening in this case which makes it quite frustrating.

Just think, Woody is getting used to car rides! :rolleyes: :D

Hang in there. Prayers that this will all come together . . . soon!

krazyaboutkatz
01-21-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out again.:( Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day and the weather will cooperate. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Woody's way.

Rachel
01-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Poor Woody ... "refused" again. :(

And Miz KAREN (K9Karen) has agreed to be his pick-up person and Dawg Sitter till
Jenn can arrange a meeting to get him over the weekend.
(Hope the Senior Resident Pooch doesn't mind having a lil house guest for a few days!)

You know I suspected this might happen.

K9karen
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
You know I suspected this might happen.

:p :p you know me all too well my darlin' friend. Did I wear my emotions on my sleeve AGAIN????
What the hey... I need more uproar in my life..might as well be a poor, defenseless puppy. The "Queen Bee" will be thrilled, I'm sure :rolleyes:

I have to say that John supports anything I do, I'll give the old geiser that much ;)

John is 65 today....old phart.

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I have to say that John supports anything I do, I'll give the old geiser that much ;)

John is 65 today ... old phart. :p

Great Birfday Gift - a Puppy to Puppy-Sit! :D

Happie Birfday, John
(aka the Olde Phart)

K9karen
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM
He's got ME..what more could the man possibly ask for?? Hey..ya don't like it here..don't let the door hit ya on the butt....He's secretly thrilled, I know it!!! :p

Cinder & Smoke
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM

Does Anybody know if Leslie got the Health Certificate *revised* and *signed* today?

Let's all Pray for a HELPful Airline Agent and a *warm* temperature forecast on Tuesday morning.

FLY High, Woody!! ;)

jennielynn1970
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM

Does Anybody know if Leslie got the Health Certificate *revised* and *signed* today?

Let's all Pray for a HELPful Airline Agent and a *warm* temperature forecast on Tuesday morning.

FLY High, Woody!! ;)

I just emailed her and asked if this was done. I'm hoping so!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Off to bed now. The vet said it didn't matter who's picking up the dog, the health certificate has to have the new owner's info on it, not the person who is picking up the dog. All I can say is she BETTER be right on this. If she messed up again (the vet that is) then I'm taking that health certif up to the vet and demanding my money back, and I'll take him somewhere else.

Wish us luck tomorrow morning.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Its going to happen today!! I just know it! (PT prayers needed people)

Pam
01-22-2008, 05:37 AM
Wow! I don't check this thread in a couple of days and look what happens! Karen, I am so glad you will be doing this. As I read through the recent posts I realized that I would have been a good candidate for picking up Woody as well but, in all honesty, I have never driven by myself to the airport and the thought scares me. I find that place soooo confusing.....parking, etc. Hubby would never take off of work to go with me either. You are an angel to do this! I will definitely stay tuned and KEEP YOUR CAMERA BATTERIES CHARGED!

:

John is 65 today....old phart.

And Happy Birthday to John!! Medicare here he comes! LOL! :D

AdoreMyDogs
01-22-2008, 06:21 AM
And Happy Birthday to John!! Medicare here he comes! LOL! :D

Happy Birthday, John! Well I called (again) American Eagle directly and they confirmed that Woody SHOULD be able to fly this morning. I'm not getting my hopes up too soon, but it MIGHT be the day my little boy leaves. Please pray that he does, indeed, leave this morning.

And Karen, if this flight does work out, thank you so very much for doing this! I hope you have fun with Woody, he's such a doll, and you are too :)

pitc9
01-22-2008, 07:24 AM
PAWS CROSSED EVERYBODY HEEEEERRRRE WE GO (AGAIN)

Taz_Zoee
01-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm very nervous about not needing Karen's info on the paperwork. They will give the puppy to anyone? Or is there other paperwork giving "permission" on who is picking him up? Someone else stated that they check ID's before giving the dogs out.
I hope all goes well and Woody can have a sleep over with Karen and on to his new home in a few days. :)

kimlovescats
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
What wonderful news! Have a safe trip, little Woody!

AdoreMyDogs
01-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Again I wasted my morning at that miserable airport, they sent us home even though it wasn't too cold. Turns out the info that the Wichita Falls airport goes by is not accurate. Our dear Phred pulled some strings, talked to the right folks and it looks like we're going to try one last time at the 11:20 flight.

Will post more after we're home.

pitc9
01-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh Leslie... I'm so sorry for all the trouble you've gone through and I'm praying VERY hard that he gets on the next flight.

{{{hugs}}} to you and thank you again for all you've done.

Cinder & Smoke
01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Early AM Tuesday - Leslie called AA CARGO - "Looks good, bring him on."

Early AM at Wichita Falls = NOPE - Too Cold NOT gonna take him!
<melt down> ... Woody returns home

Leslie called - rather *pi$$ed - NOT goin back there!

I called Wichita Falls Airport - office gave me the local A Eagle ticket office AND
the name of the Manager gal. I called Ms. Manager.

Not much fanfare or explanation other than "Our puter says 25* and it's too cold to fly the dog.
I'm not going to accept him today." Her manager? She didn't have one - SHE's in charge. :mad:

I called AA CARGO / Dallas and asked for a Super.
SUPER NICE Lady (Shawna) picked up and listened to my 5-day tail of Grief & Woe
at Wichita Falls. We had a chat about what HER puter said = it WAS too cold in Wichita Falls
at 7-8 am - but WF, Dallas, and Philly were all above 25 NOW, and would remain that way
until midnight. "We 'should' accept him now and he could make the 11:28 flight # 3212." She said "Lemmie call WF and talk to Ms. Twila ... hold a minute."

Couple minutes later she came back and "explained" that WF didn't have access to good
weather info and went with poor data. She said Ms. Twila agreed to accept & FLY Woody if
he got back in time for the 11:28 flight.
I offered Shawna a 'kiss behind the ear' ;)

Leslie has agreed to once again haul Woody back to the airport at 9:30 ---
PLEASE PRAY that nothing (else) goes wrong!!

With a lil bit of luck - Woody will be in the air at 11:28 on Flight # 3212
and arrive in Dallas / FtWorth at 12:20 pm.

Layover in DFW till Flight # 348 departs DFW at 1:35 pm (central time) and
Arrives Philly at 5:45 pm.

PLEASE, God - Make it Happen! ;)

/s/ Phred

Taz_Zoee
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Oh my goodness!! This is crazy. I'm so sorry for all involved. A HUGE thanks to Phred for pulling the strings to make it happen.
I will have everything crossed here that this will happen this morning.

pitc9
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
PLEASE, God - Make it Happen! ;)

DITTO!! Ten fold!!