PDA

View Full Version : 9 yr old saves Puppies from heat

zippy-kat
08-14-2002, 12:57 AM
An alert Watsonville boy used his quick wits and a large squirt gun to help rescue two small puppies that he found yelping inside a locked car in the midday heat Friday.

More here.... (http://www.zwire.com/news/newsstory.cfm?newsid=5027318)

http://www.zwire.com/local/Z/ZWIRE1197/zwire/images/TShotdog49.jpg

Former User
08-14-2002, 02:04 AM
Oh, what a good boy! I'm so glad he knew to do something for the dogs!
And :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: that idiot who "forgat" the dogs. HOW can you forgat that you have 2 pups in your car? MORON!!!I hope he never gets to have pets anymore!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Great Kid! He truley is a hero!

As for the owner:mad:, what an idiot! Forgot about them being in there! Glad to hear that the pups are OK now. They should have taken them away from the owner.

Pam
08-14-2002, 06:39 AM
This is a heartwarming story! That boy is most definitely a hero, and the owner should never be allowed to own pets again! I posted a story a couple of weeks ago on the cat board about 4 little kittens who were dumped by the side of the road near my office and they were also rescued by some boys about the age of this boy in the story. It's so good to read positive things about young kids. It seems somehow only the bad deeds get reported sometimes.

We had a similar incident here in the Phila. area just the other day. A grandfather who was supposed to drop his 2 year old granddaughter off at the babysitter on his way to work forgot she was in his car. Unfortunately she spent 8 hrs. in the car and didn't make it. :( :( :(

K9karen
08-14-2002, 07:13 AM
Just unbelievable!:mad:
Pam, when the grandfather left the poor child in the car, my very first thought was.."I wouldn't do that to my dog"!
Criminal negligence regardless... :mad: :mad:

Sudilar
08-14-2002, 07:23 AM
What an ingenious hero!!!! What a great story! You hear so much of the bad, it is great to hear something good. This smart young boy is truly a hero!!!

The pup owner is an idiot. They should have taken the pups away from the ignorant jerk.

A similar incident happened in a parking lot at a store where my daughter worked. A dog was locked in a hot car and someone came in the store to report it. They paged the person in the store, if she didn't show up, they were going to break the window! Luckily for her, the old lady showed up. She was given a good talking-to by quite a few people!! Sometimes it amazes me how stupid people can be.

Ann
08-14-2002, 07:23 AM
I am getting so goddamn SICK of hearing all these stories of idiotic people leaving their pets and children in warm cars. It makes me so mad...

But that boy TRULY is a hero... I'd give him a big hug if I could. I hope he gets some sort of award or money or something he wanted... And I also hope those puppies will get new homes (does anyone know if they are still with the uncaring bastard (excuse my bluntness)?)

Dixieland Dancer
08-14-2002, 08:32 AM
Heart warming story! It is great to know there are still people who get involved when they see something wrong. It is even more touching that is was a 9 year old!! :)

The jerk who "forget" the dogs were in the car needs more than just a citation. He needs locked in the car to understand what it feels like in the heat of the day. :mad:

jackiesdaisy1935
08-14-2002, 08:58 AM
This boy is a true American Hero, the owner of the dogs ought to go to jail. Forget my foot! This is a case of the boy teaching the man a little about compassion. This story is heartwarming and it proves there are kids out there who do care.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Freckles
08-14-2002, 09:48 AM
Great picture, but when I click on MORE HERE, I only get the picture again, no story. Is there supposed to be a story? Would love to read it.

zippy-kat
08-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Freckles
Great picture, but when I click on MORE HERE, I only get the picture again, no story. Is there supposed to be a story? Would love to read it.

the link is working for me--is it causing anyone else problems?

manda99
08-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Wow, great story - great kid. His mother should be proud.

lovemymaltese
08-14-2002, 04:06 PM
What a smart boy, he's an angel. Why do people leave living beings in hot cars. Makes me so mad.

Nomilynn
08-14-2002, 06:32 PM
I would say as a reward to the boy AND the pups, he should get to take the pups! He obviously cared more than the owner did.. :mad:

I bet he would make a great human for those pups! :cool:

shais_mom
08-15-2002, 12:08 AM
What a great little boy!!! HE IS A HERO!!

There was a story in the paper last week about a an Ohio couple that were somewhere in Maine, or New Hampshire or somewhere at a shopping mall and forgot their infant was with them and went shopping. They were arrested and their other 3-4 kids were taken from them. I think the baby was ok, I can't remember. People are so stupid. I worry about running thru the bank drive thru with Keegan in the back seat!! With the a.c. on!!