PDA

View Full Version : Exciting stuff...for me at least

slick
01-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I received a very special envelope in the mail today. It was from Max's biological hooman. She sent me his Certificate of Pedigree and details his lineage going all the way back to his Great Great Great Grand Parents. Max himself was not registered but to me his will always be Sir Maxillian. I also found out that his birth date is July 3, 1992 which makes him 16 this year. I adopted him in April 1997 and we guessed his age at 4 at the time...off by one year.

His Father is Nartuk Black Magic, Himalayan, Black Hybrid with copper eyes. Mother is Nartuk Apricot Brandy, Himalayan, Flame Point with blue eyes (just like Max).

I find this kind of information so interesting and the names of his ancestors are so unique....Raintree Lane Jubilee (cream persian), Cat-a-Lacs Class Clown (seal point) and Purr Majesty Winnie The Purr.....to name a few.

So I think I have a pretty special kitty on my hands and no wonder that he thinks he is royalty. :rolleyes: To me, he will always be my heart kitty and I pray that he will give me at least two more years.

gini
01-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Goodness, Max, even I do not know who my Great Great Great Grandparents were.

What a wonderful thing to have - all of the information about Max's ancestry and his birth date too.

I think we need to have a special July 3rd. party just for him. Sweet Max, who knew?

krazyaboutkatz
01-08-2008, 12:45 AM
How cool.:) I'm glad that you now know more about where he came from. I think that Wolflady said that her Phinehas was born on July 5th but he's still a baby at age 2.;)

Bengalz
01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
It's so great that you have this information about Max :) He is a very special boy indeed and knowing his heritage just makes life complete. Please give Sir Max an extra big hug for me :)

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh Max, anyone can tell at a glance that you have impeccable breeding. I seem to remember you purring on video, so it is no surprise to me that you are related to Purr Majesty Winnie The Purr. :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I've done research on my family too. It IS fun!!!

Max's family line is really impressive. Now I suppose he will want his food served off fine china!!! ;)

(((HUGS))) to you and his highness!!! :D

Felicia's Mom
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
That is very exciting.:) I had Beau's registration and pedigree papers too.

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
The E's are vey impressed with the pedigree of Max. May they touch the hem of his tail? :D

jazzcat
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
That is so neat to know all his family history. We always knew you were a special boy Max!!!

He's just a few months younger than Ripley. Those senior guys have to stick together.

Randi
01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh Slick, isn't that exiting indeed! To think that you can trace Max so far back - and what names his ancestors had!! :D

Please give his highness extra scritches and kisses from me and Fister.

catmandu
01-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Somwhere I Have John Hancocks Family Tree And If I Find It I Will Put It On Pet Talk.
He Has Some Grand Champions In His Lineage As Well, And He Was Born In Chicago And Then Sent To Canada.
I Will See If I Can Find That Elusive Piece Of Paper.

Catty1
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
slick, this explains why Max is a bit of an 'untouchable'. :)

Shall I put the fur you sent me in an amulet and wear it in a sterling silver locket?

What a great story!

Freedom
01-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Gee, you thought you were his slave before! Nowthat you TOLD him all about his royal heritage, eating off the fine china will only be the start. He will want a purple velvet bed, and Red Sea Caviar, lol!

I also think it is interesting getting the heredity of our pets!

trayi52
01-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Awww Max, I knew you were a special kitty, your Majesty.

Willie :)

phesina
01-09-2008, 07:14 PM
What a fascinating pedigree! That makes Max EXTRA extra-special!

NoahsMommy
01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, he's always had that regal look about him! :) How neat to find out all that wonderful information.

Off to pm you...I got a special box myself last night!! ;)

Hugs,
Kelly :D