PDA

View Full Version : Nascar 2008

Pages : [1] 2

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Only 41 days until the Daytona 500!

Testing started today, and surprise, surprise Jimmy Johnson was fastest in both sessions. The good news? Only 1/2 the field is there this week, so Tony and Denny don't go until next week. Kyle was fast too (Top 5 both sessions). Good news for JGR!

Moesha
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Only 41 days until the Daytona 500!

But who is counting? :p

Gotz to lub me sum NASCAR.

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
But who is counting? :p

No need to count...Nascar.com has it down to the second...40 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 40 seconds at the time of this post....

RICHARD
01-08-2008, 01:30 AM
No need to count...Nascar.com has it down to the second...40 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes and 40 seconds at the time of this post....

LOL,
I just get in the car, drive and dream! :D

Cincy'sMom
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't know if anyone else has been watching the nightly coverage of testing, or got to see the Chili Bowl over the weekend. One thing to say about it...

In all the time off since Miami Tony, you couldn't find time to get a haircut?!?

JGR has been fast! Go 20!

Moesha
01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
In all the time off since Miami Tony, you couldn't find time to get a haircut?!?

hahaha I thought that myself.

I got my Kasey Kahne fanclub renewal notice today. Member number 117. Not sure how I'm going to feel about seeing him driving a Bud machine though.

anna_66
01-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Only 30 days, 4 hours & 58 minutes:D

Cincy'sMom
02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Anybody else watcing Budshootout Practice? Wow!!! Wreck fest!!

Kurt, you need to check the temper buddy. Sooner or later Tony will kick your rear!!!!

Moesha
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Looks like the season is up and running in more ways than one. I'm a little scared to see what an actual race is going to bring if practice is like this.

anna_66
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
So Amy, how many hours of NASCAR have you watched in the last 2 days:p

I'm ready for tomorrow night, even took the day off!

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt... I just don't like that guy :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2008, 03:51 AM
So Amy, how many hours of NASCAR have you watched in the last 2 days:p

I'm ready for tomorrow night, even took the day off!

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt... I just don't like that guy :rolleyes:

Not as many as you'd think....I had a soccer game Thursday night!

Yeah, I think Kurt is at the top of mey dislike list!

8 minutes until they have to report back to the Nascar hauler. Tony is going to be one angry boy havaing to be up so early!

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Good race! Would have like to see 1, 2 switch, but I'll take it. ( At least it was JJ or Jeff!)

A little too perfect though, ins't it? Jr's 1st race with Hendrick and he wins!

(I would have said the same thing if Tony won...first race for JGR and Toyota gets their first win). Toyotas looked good though... I think they'll get a few this year!

Moesha
02-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't like restrictor plate races. At all. The COT did seem to race better here though. I'm a bit scared when the whole field gets out there though.

IRescue452
02-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I stopped watching when it was taken over by Nextel. I may never watch again.

anna_66
02-10-2008, 07:18 AM
I LOVED the race!

I have to say I wanted Tony to win (of course:p) but I'm really happy Jr finally got a break, I think he deserved it after all the bad stuff that happened to him last year.

Moesha
02-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Jimmie Johnson and Mikey. Interesting. I'm guessing Mikey has no jet fuel in the engine this year. hehe Hope the Duals go well! I'll be watching!

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I was glad to see Mikey run well. He's come a long way since last year. I was really hopinghe would hold it though, and knock Jimmie off the pole.

I have to go to a Sales Meeting this week Tues-Thurs. We are supposed to get done at noon on Thursday. From what I'm hearing no one is planning on going to work after that (we will be in Detroit an hour from the office). My plan is to be in front of the TV at home by 2 pm. Hopefully everyone won't change their mind and head to the office, cause I REALLY want to be able to watch the races!

ramanth
02-10-2008, 05:17 PM
*Edit* Looks like Jimmie got it. :)

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2008/1/data/lineup.html

Working weekends sucks! I caught the first hour of qualifying before I had to leave. Who got the pole?

Cinder & Smoke
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
:eek:

We've got "Twins" in Gnneral ... TWO Threads titled "Nascar 2008".

Here's what's in the "other" Nascar 2008 thread >>>

Don't forget race fans; Sunday (THE 17TH) is the Daytona 500!!!!! :D

ZOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!! :D

Moesha
02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
I saw that.
Before the 500 on Sunday...we have the Gatorade Duel TODAY!

Trackpass here I come! Since I had season tickets to the Nashville Speedway and have my scanner with me there, I've found that I almost can't stand to watch a race without listening to team communications. I just feel like I'm missing something. Last season I bought Sirius radio for that reason and DirecTv's HotPass. Couldn't stand either one of them. Mostly because I couldn't get Kasey's information I guess. Sirius was better than HotPass. That drove me crazy. Those commentators were terrible! I'm sticking with Trackpass this season. Although I do still have the Sirius radio at least for a few more weeks to see if their NASCAR coverage in general improves. If the cars are on the track, I want to know what is going on! I can't stand all the call-in talk shows that rehash the same old speculation all the time.

Cincy'sMom
02-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Just made it home after 3 days at our International Sales Meeting. I suppose if I was a dedicated employee I would have headed to the office for a few hours, but being a dedicated NASCAR fan, I'm logging in from home to sort through emails, so I can do it in front of my TV. Time to go racing!!!

Moesha
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I just got home too! Let's go racin' boys! And no, I didn't try to sound like DW. :)

Cincy'sMom
02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Junior again, wow!! Could be a fun year for Junior nation.

But better news...Kenny made the show!!! Who-hoo!!! Go Herm!!

Moesha
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Amazing that Brian Vickers made it after the start he had. I'm sad for Bill Elliott and the Woods. I was listening to their team communications. Bill has always been my favorite.

Cincy'sMom
02-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I didn't think Brian had a shot after he went spinning. And I would have liked to see Bill get in for the history and tradition of the Wood brothers.

Kenny Schrader is in a transfer spot as of now. Sure hope he can hold on! And I hope David Ruetiman can get up and get in on time so Boris Said makes it in.

Cincy'sMom
02-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Go Gibbs Boys! Nice Teamwork!! (Now remember that for Sunday!)

Moesha
02-14-2008, 04:38 PM
HAHA
I feel bad for all of the guys that have to go home. There's alot of sad stories for guys that don't get to race. It's nice for the guys that got in though. I hope Sunday's race is a safe one.

RICHARD
02-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Senor Waltrip....

Please blow your nose before talking......your boogity boogity really bothers me. :rolleyes:

----------------

Track Bar Adjustment-

Having to go to the next beer wagon when the one outside your section runs out of suds.

Four Abreast Out Of Turn Four-

Bobby Sue and Billy Jean walking out from the turn four stands in those stars and stripes halter tops.

Moesha
02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
And one Daytona race down. That was a wreckfest for awhile.

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Wrestfest for sure!! Poor PJ Jones coming through the field on fire! Looked pretty spectacular, but he was fine. They calmed down and raced a good race.

20 car is looking good for the Nationwide series today. What qualifying run!! Go Smoke!

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Awesome race! Nice block, Kyle!!!! Way to go Tony!

I know it is a long 36 week season, and we haven't run a Sprint cup points race yet, but man it is looking like it will be a great year!!!
:D

Moesha
02-16-2008, 09:01 PM
LOL...It'll be interesting to see how things go tomorrow.

Does anyone play any of the fantasy racing games?

Moesha
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I was glad to see some break up in the pack during the race. I hate that 2 and 3 wide draft for the entire thing. I'm happy for Roger Penske. I don't really love Ryan Newman as a driver, but I like that he supports animals with his foundation. Glad to see so many Dodges up there. Kasey and Elliott got top 10s! :D And two thumbs up that there was no big on despite everything Kyle tried.

Cincy'sMom
02-17-2008, 06:10 PM
At least it wasn't Hendrick! Wish Tony could have hung on, but Dodge in Victory lane is good too, since they pay our bills!

Cincy'sMom
02-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Does anyone play any of the fantasy racing games?

I never had before, but I signed up at Nascar.com to play the first session of the Fantasy Cap. You pick 6 drivers and have to keep your total budget under $100m. After week 1, I am first place in my league, by about 100 points. Not too bad!! My team: Tony Stewart, Dale Jr, Michael Waltrip, Sam Hornish Jr, Jeremy Mayfield and Reed Sorensen.

(I picked Sam and Jeremy becuase they were cheap, and locked in to the first 5 races..gave me a little more room to get Tony, Junior and Reed)

anna_66
02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
What a race! I loved watching it:D Too bad Tony made a wrong move and finished third, but third is better than crashing that's for sure!

I was listening to NASCAR on Sirius and Tony said "It was one of the most disappointing moments in my career." Poor Tony:(

I'm not a Ryan Newman fan, in fact I used to dislike him...A LOT. But it's been so long since he won a race. He deserved it. Too bad it was Squirt who helped him :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Restrictor plate?

The smallest serving in the buffet line!

----------------------

Trish Yearwood rocked.

The COT is a wreck waiting to happen. The 'even' racing is good for the fans, but there are too many cars in the final pack.

It scares me. :eek:

Moesha
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Do you fans of Tony listen to his radio show? I was listening tonight and on March 17th Kevin Harvick will be hosting while Tony gets his back waxed.

Cincy'sMom
02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
I don't always get to, and I missed last night. I knew they had been talking about that last year. Too funny! Will have to listen that night!!!

Can't wait for the California race!! ZZ Top is doing the pre-race concert. Should be a blast!!

Cincy'sMom
02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Start the sunshine dances!! Right now they are saying an 80% chance of rain on Sunday. :eek: I'm not sure how it would go over if I fly across the country to work at our CA location and then don't show up Monday because the race got postponed!!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Right now they are saying an 80% chance of rain on Sunday.

:eek: I'm not sure how it would go over if I fly across the country to work at our CA location
and then don't show up Monday because the race got postponed!!!

There's still time to plan for a Monday off ...

* Begin about 2:00 pm ... with a severe *koffing* attack - EAT koff drops

* About 3:00 pm - excuse yourself to the powder room ... >flush< <FLUSH>a lot

* 3:15 .. Muss up you hair and drag yourself back to the group ~ >deep sigh< <DEEP sigh>a LOT

* 4:00 pm - do a return dash to the potty --- >moan< <GROAN>& >flush< <FLUSH>a lot

* 10 minutes before quitting time - ask no one in particular where the nearest ER is

* Leave 5 minutes early ... mumbling LOUDLY "Damn FLU!"

They should be HAPPY to NOT see you on Monday!

Happie Race! *wave* at the TV camera!

RICHARD
02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
The Local forecast is Sunday morning rain and clearing in the PM....

This is funny because it NEVER RAINS IN Kah LEE Fuh Nee Ah! :rolleyes:

-----------

It rained on Media day too.....I woke up and saw it was sprinkles in the air..
Turned on the tube and saw that Hollywood and Highland (the Kodak theater, more precisely) was closed due to the fact that they were setting up for the Oscars. Plus no mention of any NASCAR event....the twits were enamoured of the fact that there was going to be show....

Ryno was supposed to sign autographs from 12-2 that PM.

Reason Two not to go.......They setter uppers take over the street and security sucks. So stupid because Osama may want to disrupt the awards. :rolleyes:

Last time thru that kind of security was a Prostate Check, metal detector and search your bag.....and I wasn't even there for the show.....I just wanted to get to Point B. :rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM

Reason Two not to go.......They setter uppers take over the street and security sucks. So stupid because Osama may want to disrupt the awards. :rolleyes:

Last time thru that kind of security was a Prostate Check, metal detector and search your bag.....and I wasn't even there for the show.....I just wanted to get to Point B. :rolleyes:

So if it gets rained out tomorrow, you don't want the ticket for Monday?

Here's hoping!! And maybe I'll get to stay for the Nationwide race too!!!

RICHARD
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
A check outside before I go to work..I guess it fricking rained all night long.

Hmmmmm,

I feel some gears turnin in my head..... :D

If I work really hard today and finish..

RobiLee
02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Amy is going to the race today!! I didn't even know. OMG...I'm so envious. I hope it is a dry one and have lot of fun, girlie!!!

ramanth
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Did the race get cancelled or postponed for a couple of hours? Nascar website has conflicting reports. :(

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Did the race get cancelled or postponed for a couple of hours?
Nascar website has conflicting reports. :(

NASCAR website seems to always be The Last to Know! :rolleyes:

About 10 minutes ago (~4:30 pm Eastern time) the Three Stooges -
(Darrell, Dumb, & Dumber) said "about an hour to go" and showed views
of the Emergency Vehicle Fleet driving laps on the track - which looked "dry"
in whatever corner they were shooting from.

Gonna be a LATE Night if the still plan to run the Nationwide Race AFTER the
Cup Race.

ramanth
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Geez. I had the race on via MRN here at work. They were doing pre race interviews and such, I had to step away, I come back and they're playing music.

So I jumped online. Race lineup said "RAIN OUT" while the front headline said they were going to "wait an hour" since it appeared the rain was moving out.

Wish they'd make up their minds!! :rolleyes: :p

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Geez. I had the race on via MRN (radio) here at work.
They were doing pre race interviews and such, I had to step away,
I come back and they're playing music. :rolleyes: :p

I shudda dialed in the Radio ...
The Fox Sports *Comedy* Clowns have been doing their INANE Talking Head Comedy
and Fill-In act for HOURS ... :eek:

WHERE do they get that stuff they BABBLE about!??? :confused:

Do those guys actually get PAID to be on TV?

HEY - NAtional Anthem on NOW ... maybe we'ge gonna go *R*A*C*I*N* !!

OMG! *I* could do the NA at least that well ... :p

RobiLee
02-24-2008, 05:18 PM
looks like we will be going racin'

strike that ...gotta clean up michael's mess now. Geesh, Brandon and I have been waiting forever!

cmon guys!

Go Mark
Go Matt
Go Carl
Go Greg

Boo Tony

ramanth
02-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Yay! Time to switch MRN radio back on. :D

Go Jr!

*edit* Okay Dale's out. :( Go Chevy!

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2008, 07:20 PM

RAIN Flag @ 8:15 pm (ET) ... :(

Hope Amy packed a BIG Lunch!
(And mabe her pillow and sleepie bag! :p )

And the HEADS are Babbling, again ... :mad: :rolleyes:

ramanth
02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
MRN Radio Phred! ;) :D

Moesha
02-24-2008, 08:08 PM

RAIN Flag @ 8:15 pm (ET) ... :(

Hope Amy packed a BIG Lunch!
(And mabe her pillow and sleepie bag! :p )

And the HEADS are Babbling, again ... :mad: :rolleyes:

How about a raincoat? They don't usually let you bring an umbella in to the track.

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
RAIN Flag --- again.
:(

Wonder if Amy took her phishin pole?

Where's my Radio ... the Heads are starting to ramble incoherently ...

:rolleyes:

Moesha
02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I was tempted to go out to my car and get the Sirius radio. Now I think I'm just going to go to bed.

Cincy'sMom
02-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow!! What a day! I got the track about 930am, just in time to catch an interview the Fan Zone with Dale Jarret. Then it was over the Race Day, to see Mark Martin and the Speed guys. Next I Headed to Pit Road and watched some cars go through inspection and the Goodyear guys blow up some tires.
Pretty soon it was time for the ZZ Top concert! Awesome!!! They didn't play long enough, but it finally stopped raining! Then I was right inthe grass in fron of the stage for Driver intros. After that it was back down pit lane and over to the grandstand area to do a little shopping and finally around 2 pm, grab some lunch.

3 pm, we are going racing!! WhooHoo!!! Man, what a wreck!!! I was do relieved to see Casey Mears out of his car, cause it looked nasty!!!

Rain delay and an impromtu Football game broke out in Ryan Newman's pits.

Finally back to racing, until about 630. I called it quits then and headed back to the car. Traffic was gridlocked, so I walked back in to use the restroom, and watch them dry the track some. It wasn't looking promising so I headed out and forced my way into traffic about 730. By 745 I was on the move, and back to the hotel by 900. Christy had sent me a text message so see if I was still at the race so I called them for an update. I though twe were suppoed to go back racing at 9, and came in to find the Simpson's :( Now they are saying 10pm. We'll see..... I'll be watching from my warm ,dry, hotel room!!! PIctures will follow when I get home

Cincy'sMom
02-24-2008, 11:46 PM
!

Boo Tony
And I took close up pictures of Mark for you!!! :( ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-24-2008, 11:48 PM
A check outside before I go to work..I guess it fricking rained all night long.

Hmmmmm,

I feel some gears turnin in my head..... :D

If I work really hard today and finish..

If they don't finish it up tonight, we you welcome to come get the ticket and go watch the end tomorrow!

Cinder & Smoke
02-24-2008, 11:59 PM
(RICHARD)
If they don't finish it up tonight,
you welcome to come get the ticket and go watch the end tomorrow!

WHAT!??

You're gonna GIVE UP on it??
Where's your dedication to the cause?

For whatever it's worth ... sez NASCAR >>>

"At 12:02 a.m. ET, NASCAR has all inentions of running the race in its entirety.
Weather reports show no further rain is in the radar.
The plan is to go back racing by 1 a.m. ET."

Racing is Phunn ... keep saying that ... you might believe it by the next race!

PS:
1:00 AM (ET) FOX Network ...
Claim "We're going Racing - TONIGHT/THIS AM ...
'We'll be Back WHEN they re-start the Race!'
... Hold Thy Breath."

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I know, I know. I feel like a putz for whimping out! But I'll be watching. I'm just glad my feet are dry!!! And I didn't want to drink there, with an hour drive home in an unfamiliar area. Now at least I can sit bck, open a cold one and again, have dry feet!

It was blast to be at the track today. I'm glad I at least got to watch part of the race live!! And since it has gone this late, I hope they still run it tonight, cause I won't be able to watch from work tomorrow....

RICHARD
02-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I want to apologize to all the NASCAR fans.......especially CM....
To have a rainout here in CA is unheard of.....I think it's because of the track name change. :rolleyes:

-----------

They did finish the AMGEN bicycle race in the rain... :D

That was 'phun' to watch because they came down one of my favorite roads!

---------------

They better show it........

-------------

Did anyone notice that FRANK BEARD is finally trying to catch up with the rest of the band? ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-25-2008, 12:39 AM
I feel like a putz for whimping out! But I'll be watching.

It was blast to be at the track today.
I'm glad I at least got to watch part of the race live!!

And since it has gone this late, I hope they still run it tonight,
cause I won't be able to watch from work tomorrow....

Pop a NO-Doze ...
NASCAR.com has changed it's "Headline" three times in the last 10 minutes ...

Latest Version says The Race RE-STARTS at 2:00 am ET = 11:00 PM at theTrack.

And I'll bet ALL they care about is going for 250 miles / 100 laps.

Cinder & Smoke
02-25-2008, 01:04 AM

Well, another Change of Plans ...

NASCAR GAVE UP on Today ...

Race is *scrubbed* till tomorrow (Monday) ...

The Heads came on FOX TV at 2:00 am Eastern (11:00 pm Track Time)
and said G-Nite - they were goin home!

Racing is PHUNN (sometimes).

NITERz, Amy!

Moesha
02-25-2008, 06:01 AM
I want to apologize to all the NASCAR fans.......especially CM....
To have a rainout here in CA is unheard of.....I think it's because of the track name change. :rolleyes:

One of my problems with the track in California, whatever name it has now, is all the trash that swirls around the infield. As far back as I can remember, they have had a problem with junk getting caught on the grills of the cars.

RobiLee
02-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Will they finish the race today?

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Will they finish the race today?

Yes they will. 1 or 2 Pm eastern today. Not sure which. Think they'll miss be out here if a I take a lllooooooonnnngggg lunch? ;)

Cinder & Smoke
02-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Race Today, Monday ??

Yes they will.
1 or 2 Pm eastern today.
Not sure which.

Think they'll miss me out here if a I take a lllooooooonnnngggg lunch? ;)

Better take an EARLY lunch, too ... ;)

Advertised Start Time is 11:00 am Track Time, or 1:00 pm Eastern Time.

You're not going to sneak back for Round 2??

;)

RICHARD
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Weepers-People who are going to miss the race.

Rain Check- Hitting wet spot in the track, then the wall and having someone plow into you.

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
No, I ambeing a good girl, sitting here at "my" desk working. It is killing me having only the leaderboard on Nascar.com for updates. I can't find the race on my radio (FM only!) and this computer has no speakers!! There has to be a sports bar nearby I can go catch the end at lunch time, right? (Stupid client call at noon...grumble, grumble)

Cinder & Smoke
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
and this computer has no speakers!!

There has to be a sports bar nearby I can go catch the end at lunch time, right?

(Stupid client call at noon...grumble, grumble)

#1 Go find an empty cubical and "borrow" a pair of speakers.

#2 Ask a local

#3 Call Forward your office line to your cell ... and sit in a *quiet* booth at the Bar.

Have you no imagination? :p

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean speakers, I meant sound card. I have earphones. I was hoping....

Way to go Carl...keep hendrick from winning!! And a Top 10 for Tony! Who-hoo!

RobiLee
02-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Wooooo Hooooo! Way to go, Carl! Thanks for brightening my day. :)

He did a nice back flip into that pretty green grass. Wish my grass was looking like that right now. I'm a bit tired of the yukky mess in my backyard.

Ok, Anna get to work on that new nascar scrapbook page and make sure you post it here just for me ;) :p

Amy, you know that Anna would rather see a Hendrick car win than Carl. I think she is just down right mean :p :D

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I have to side with you on that one Robin. I live by the ABH rule (anybody but Hendrick!) Or maybe it is just cause Ford Racing took me to Miami and let me drive their car :)

Tony is dominating the Nationwide race. Sure wish I could be watching!!!

RobiLee
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Hmm, I think I will use that ABH rule also..lol.

Congrats to you Tony fans (yuck, did I just say that). He won that race pretty easily. I just hope he only wins Busch...ooops, Nationwide races and not any Cup races :p

Geesh, they only run two races and they are already taking a weekend off. What's up with that? I think they should race every weekend ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 07:10 PM
A weekend off? Aren't they in Vegas this weekend, and Atlanta the following?

Feel free to use the ABH rule...but they may mean occasionally rooting for Tony and the other JGR boys (Yeah even Shrub...yuck!)

My own personal * to the rule is that Hendrick can win if he is battling with Kurt Busch for the win.

anna_66
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Well if you can use the ABH rule, Mark and I will be using the ABR rule (I'm sure you know what that means;):p)

Yeah and congrats to you Carl fans too (Oh I can't believe I'm even saying that:o Now I need to wash my mouth out...lol!)

Amy sorry you missed watching the rest of the race but I'm glad you got to go and had fun while you were there:)
Ewww and don't you just hating to root for the Shrub:rolleyes: Mark is becoming a fan--he just said Shrub rules:eek:

RobiLee
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Hmmm, I think I'll have to start cheering on Shrub just to aggravate you Anna! :p

Well, I don't know Amy. Brandon said they were off. I guess I should look at the schedule. :o

RobiLee
02-25-2008, 10:27 PM
You are right, Amy! I don't know what Brandon was thinking. He usually knows his nascar stuff. Gonna have to tease that boy now!

I guess that means I will be fixing Sunday dinner then and having the kids over.

Cincy'sMom
02-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Did you hear Brad Garret when he started the race? ....We have a child missing in Kyle Busch's ear. Too funny!!!

Yesterday at the track, I wanted to buy a seat cushion, since I knew the bleachers were wet. I went by Tony's trailor but the lines were soooo long! So I walked by Denny's and they didn't have any. I walked by Kyle's and I just couldn't bring myself to stop...so I bought a Bobby Labonte Seat cushion. I dn't know what I would have done if they didn't have any...

RobiLee
02-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Bobby Labonte is a good choice. Very good looking man in my opinon ;)

When Martin started doing all the switiching around with sponsers and teams I just went and bought a couple of NASCAR seat cushions. Now I don't have to worry about who I might be rooting for since I have so many fav drivers..lol

Gosh, I hope I get to go to a race this year. I want to go to Bristol again so bad. Martin isn't racing there though and I like to go to ones where Martin is racing. Of course Matt does good at Bristol so that works for me!

RICHARD
02-26-2008, 11:46 AM
T. J. Simers, AH and writer for the El Lay Times shadowed CE this week for the paper.

He made a bet with CE in case he won.

A Children's Hospital in L.A. (for kids with cancer) is now the proud owner of a trophy from the AAA 500-signed by Carl Edwards.

RobiLee
02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
T. J. Simers, AH and writer for the El Lay Times shadowed CE this week for the paper.

He made a bet with CE in case he won.

A Children's Hospital in L.A. (for kids with cancer) is now the proud owner of a trophy from the AAA 500-signed by Carl Edwards.

Awww, love that Carl ;)

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Pictures from California (The whole album is here (http://labsnspots.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b3435e2cc415) )

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ade50b000000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

It was pretty wet, and pretty empty at 9 am!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548addd18300000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Dale Jarret
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ad850b600000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Mark Martin
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ac7d19900000027110AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Jimmy Spencer
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ac1d19f00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Kenny Wallace
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ace50a000000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

On Pit Road
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ac850a600000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
The ZZ Top Concert
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548abbd1e500000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548ab9d1e700000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548aa450ca00000027110AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548aae50c000000027110AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

(Love the cigar!)
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548aa850c600000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Driver Introductions (My camera started acting up toward the end, so I missed most of the top 20 drivers...and those I did get, the zoom wasn't working. It is fine now, but I thin kit was too wet!)

"Front Row Joe"
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548a9650f800000027110AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Juan Pablo Montoya
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548a9250fc00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

JJ Yeley
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548a8650e800000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Bobby Labonte
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548a8250ec00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Jamie McMurray
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548a83d1dd00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Robby Gordon on his pit box (He actaully looked up a waved when I went to take another picture, of course that was one of the times the zoom gve me an error message!)
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b7191b700000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
It did clear off for awhile....
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b7e108800000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Finally, coming to the green flag for some racing!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b78108e00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b66109000000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

And then a red flag...
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b6e109800000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

So we'll play some football
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b6f91a900000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Oops..back to work!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b6a109c00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b6991af00000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Welcome back, Junior (after the big wreck)
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b51919700000027100AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

Another red flag...time to go home!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b8dc09b3127cce98548b5f919900000027110AbM3LVi3cuG Lg

ramanth
02-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Great pictures Amy! I like Bobby Labonte. Good choice in seat cushions! ;) :D

anna_66
02-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Love the pictures Amy!

Ok, Anna get to work on that new nascar scrapbook page and make sure you post it here just for me ;) :p

Here ya go girlie. Even got a picture of him doing his famous backflip (in that pretty green grass:))

RobiLee
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Here ya go girlie. Even got a picture of him doing his famous backflip (in that pretty green grass:))

Hey, you did good! I really like it. I still want that pretty green grass and wish that was how my backyard looked :rolleyes: . Thanks for posting the page, girlfriend!

Amy, you really got some great pictures. Love the one you got of Martin. Man, that Bobby Labonte is good looking! I certainly have a thing for him!...lol

Cincy'sMom
02-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Amy, you really got some great pictures. Love the one you got of Martin. Man, that Bobby Labonte is good looking! I certainly have a thing for him!...lol

Thanks! If you didn't already, check the album. There are more of Mark!

RobiLee
03-01-2008, 04:22 AM
Thanks Amy! I went back and checked them all out. Like I said you really did get some great shots. I passed your photo link on to Brandon so he could see the Mark Martin pics.

Cincy'sMom
03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Mark had a good qualifying run for Vegas yesterday....#3, and Carl is outside Pole (#2). But alas, it is Joe Gibb's Racing on the Pole! Who-hoo!!! (Dang it Kyle, it kills me to cheer for you!)

RICHARD
03-02-2008, 03:34 PM
If you can't beat them, put a bumper into them. :D

OR

How did you get that MARK on your bumper?

----------

Pit Box-
Any fight between two drivers after the race. :eek:

----------

Why don't some singers know the words to the National Anthem?

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2008, 05:49 PM
----------

Why don't some singers know the words to the National Anthem?
I was wondering the same thing!!

Some hard hits. Poor Tony! But Denny is back ont he lead lap. Come on Denny and Kyle!

I did forget, there is a secnd * to the ABH rule....it doesn't apply to Nationwide series, since those cars run out of Junior's garage. Good run Mark!

RICHARD
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I never get tired of seeing CE do the flip.

------------

Another thing about the COT.

I have never seen so many cars get sideways and be saved. The oversteer the drivers do is remarkable-but that has the possibility of turning a pretty save into a bad crash.

-----------

JG dodged a bullet.

----------

Kasey Kahne and the gals in those commercials...

Two words.

Restraining Order. :eek:

Moesha
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I should upload the flip that I recorded from Nashville.

YaY for 4th in points! Way to go Kasey! He hung in there like a trooper even though he was sick with the flu. Love the new Allstate commercial with the dancing dream.

RobiLee
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Dang, I love that back flip! Get busy with that new page, Anna :p .

Saturday it was Martin and today it was Edwards so you all know I'm a happy girl this weekend. :p ;) :D

Cincy'sMom
03-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm okay with Carl winning occasionally...but this is getting old already!!

On the other side, another tough day for cupcake and twikie (aka Johnson and Gordon!) Gotta litke that. And Denny got back in the Top 10 with a 9th. Not too bad! Tough points day for Tony though.

RobiLee
03-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Cupcake and Twinkie...LOL. I do like that! :p

anna_66
03-03-2008, 09:10 AM
I never get tired of seeing CE do the flip.

Oh lordy, I do:rolleyes: Can't stand Creepy Carl:p

Although, since Robin likes him I have to TRY to be happy...lol!

Hmmm...He won, but is it a Tarnished Victory? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AraQXXJCmZHMCmm6Sw6_p9Dov7YF?slug=jh-edwards030208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think I'd much rather "Twinkie" (that's Gordon right? LOL!) won and not had such a terrible wreck.

I think I'll hold off till Tuesday to make that scrapbook page:p:D

Cinder & Smoke
03-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Hmmm...He (BackFlip Carl) won, but is it a Tarnished Victory? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AraQXXJCmZHMCmm6Sw6_p9Dov7YF?slug=jh-edwards030208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

I think I'll hold off till Tuesday to make that scrapbook page :p :D

Tarnished???

No ... maybe a bit *smudged* ... :rolleyes:

Sez NASCAR >>>
NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said Edwards' car did not fail post-race inspection.
But inspectors did find something amiss.
"We had an issue in post-race inspection with the 99. The lid on the oil reservoir encasement, or the oil tank box, was off," Poston said. "So we're going to take the 99 back to the [NASCAR] Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C., and if there are any actions that need to be taken, those will be taken and announced next week."

Lemmie get this straight ...
The 99 Car didn't "FAIL" the inspection ...
It just didn't exactly "PASS" it so good ...

This is starting to get old ...
Used to be there were two Inspection outcomes --- Ya PASSED it or ya FAILED it.

New there's THREE outcomes??
* Ya Pass
* Ya Fail ..
* Ya "almost passed" / sorta failed a lil bit / had an *ISSUE* ...

GOOD GRIEF! :mad:
Did he "ALMOST Win" or "ALMOST" Loose??

Tuesday they'll fine him for taking an UN-Earned BackFlip!

RICHARD
03-04-2008, 03:07 AM
I bristle at the thought that NASCAR isn't on the up and up.

You have a sport that was started by men outrunning the law with illegal booze in the car, They let Dave Marcus drive around with leather wingtip shoes on until he retired, Let guys named FATBACK and HUMPY participate,
Let a cigarette company sponor the sport and worse yet, let a beer company sponsor the junior circuit for a while. Drivin' an drinkin'! :eek:

Did I mention Enzyte and Viagra as car sponsors? :D

--------------------------

It probably was that pesky photographer again!

Moesha
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm not a Robby Gordon fan, but I am very glad that the points penalty was overturned. I think that was a fair decision.

What's happened to the appeals process? It's actually worked in favor of teams this week. Wonder if the 99 team is going to attempt to press their luck next.

Cincy'sMom
03-06-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm not crazy about 'Recking Robby on the track, but from everything I've read, it is a good guy off the track. And he has done amazing as single car team, so it would be a shame to see him loose so much for a clerical error.

But it is interesting that Nascar, gave back the points and lifted the suspension, but at the same time increased the fine for the crew chief. Almost like they are saying we aren't wrong, but will do something to help you out...a penalty you can better weather. Not sure I like that precident.

As for Carl. Man, I hate that that happened, cause now I am going to have to lower my opinin of Rousch. Be careful or you'll be up there with the Hendrick cheaters!!!

anna_66
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I
As for Carl. Man, I hate that that happened, cause now I am going to have to lower my opinin of Rousch. Be careful or you'll be up there with the Hendrick cheaters!!!
It's about time you seen how Carl and Rousch are :p

I've been wanting to share this for a long time, but kept forgetting :o

I got Tony's replica car from his win at Indianapolis. Now I just need to get a nice box to put it it!

Cincy'sMom
03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Very Cool car!!! I should ahve ordered one. Oh well...maybe I'll check e-bay ;)

anna_66
03-09-2008, 01:15 PM
GO TONY!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/P30905621.jpg

See what your missing not being here Robin:p;):D

RICHARD
03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
GO TONY!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/P30905621.jpg

A totally inapporpriate comment but...

What does the underwear say? :eek:

----------------

Robby Gordon raced too much off-road. Watching him crash, roll over and crash again was alot of fun. I think he believes racing ain't...unless you crash. :eek:

----------------

What I want to know is-What advantage do you get for leaving the top off the oil tank? I know it's a safety issue, but can't they be a little more specific as to why they are penalizing drivers/teams?

Cinder & Smoke
03-09-2008, 02:54 PM

UNDERWEAR ??
:confused:

I think I see a Dish Towel ... where's the Undies?

What advantage do you get for leaving the top off the oil tank?
I know it's a safety issue, but can't they be a little more specific
as to why they are penalizing drivers/teams?

I think I saw a mention that it was a major Performance Advantage -
like a 25 - 50 horsepower BOOST to the car.
Same article said you could SEE the uncovered tank in an in-car camera shot -
can't say *I* noticed it; but I have no clue what I'm looking for, either.
As with other NASCAR "Rules" ... this one is a mystery to me.

/s/ Just a Dumm Phan :cool:

RobiLee
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
I was already prepared for that if I made it up there....LOL.

A little too much orange for me but I have to say you look so freakin' cute! I love that purse. That is really cool. I would love to find one with Matt or Carl's number. Wonder if they have any of those on ebay.

The car is pretty cool too.

I hate that I didn't make it up there today. Hey, I gave it a try though! Stupid blizzard!!! The roads are still crappy from it. I did make it 30 miles down the road before I decided that it was a stupid thing to be doing...lol.

Hmmm, now Richard even has me wondering what the undies say..lol. Do they match the rest of the outfit ;)

Uhhh ohhh I have to get off of here. Its just too much orange and it is making me feel sick to my stomach. Blah!

:) :p ;) :D

Moesha
03-09-2008, 03:12 PM

What I want to know is-What advantage do you get for leaving the top off the oil tank? I know it's a safety issue, but can't they be a little more specific as to why they are penalizing drivers/teams?

They do sell Smoke thongs.

And about the Carl Edwards' situation, when that cover comes loose, it allows air to escape from under the car, creating more downforce. It isn't exactly the oil tank top. There is a 5 gallon container that holds the oil and that sits behind the driver. That compartment has a cover over it. That is what came loose. And when it is off, you can see straight through to the track. That is how the air escapes. I hope that makes some sense.

RICHARD
03-09-2008, 03:28 PM
They do sell Smoke thongs.

And about the Carl Edwards' situation, when that cover comes loose, it allows air to escape from under the car, creating more downforce. It isn't exactly the oil tank top. There is a 5 gallon container that holds the oil and that sits behind the driver. That compartment has a cover over it. That is what came loose. And when it is off, you can see straight through to the track. That is how the air escapes. I hope that makes some sense.

Hmm, last time I saw a smoking thong...forget it. :rolleyes:

Do the Kyle Busch thongs give you a miserable PITA? :confused:

Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense now... They just said OIL TANK COVER I thought they were talking about the oil tank CAP.

-------------------------

OH LORD.

I just saw the AFLAC commercial. The AFLAC duck driving the car?
Back in December I was driving on the Golden State Freeway and hit a snowstorm of white pieces of paper in the road.

Some one had dropped a case of toilet paper in the road and it was just like that in the that commercial...I so have pics of it somewhere!
It was pretty funny.

Cincy'sMom
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Love the outfit, Anna!! I think I can match that!! We could really drive Robin crazy with orange!!!

Good run for the Gibbs boys today! All in the top 15! And I missed it all. Can you believe not a single TV in the Chicago airport had the race on (or at least in the terminal I was in!). :mad: :rolleyes: :eek: But somehow, I survived!

anna_66
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM

A totally inappropriate answer but...

What underwear:p:eek:;)

---------------------------------------

Amy I'm sorry you missed the race, but glad to hear you survived!

I think sometime we should get together and give Robin a "Double Dose":D

Robin, I FINALLY got that page done...what do you think :D

RobiLee
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM

Amy I'm sorry you missed the race, but glad to hear you survived!

I think sometime we should get together and give Robin a "Double Dose":D

Robin, I FINALLY got that page done...what do you think :D

Awww, Anna you are so freakin' bad with the underwear comment...lol.

I don't want a "Double Dose" of the "Double As". What am I going to do with you two. I know it sure would be nice if I had someone that was on my side.

Oh well, at least Anna did say that the man in orange is a crybaby. HA!

Anna I actually think the page is really good. I know you probably didn't think I would say that with all the "tarnish" stuff on there, but HEY it is history. Cool page.

RICHARD
03-10-2008, 05:20 PM

Answered like a real fan. :eek:

--------

Tony, Tony, Tony...

Don't bite the manufacturer that shods you.

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
In true Tony fashion, he may be a bit over the top on his comments about the tires...but since Jr, Gordon, Newman and others are all saying a watered own version of the same thing, I can't call him a cry baby in this instance. (oh yes, he often is, I know that!)

March 29, the next generation of Wallace takes the track with the truck. Go Chrissy!!!!

RICHARD
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Did anyone see the video of the tire that came loose on the freeway?

It was on the national news today-the tire crossed the median and hit a SUV traveling in the other direction.

Police are looking for suspects and Tony Stewart's name came up.

An irate Stewart told a reporter that he was going to change all of the Goodyear tires on his personal vehicles because of the crappy showing on Sunday.

Run Tony, Run!

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2008, 11:22 PM
An irate Stewart told a reporter that he was going to change all of the Goodyear tires on his personal vehicles because of the crappy showing on Sunday.

Not the first time he has threatened that. I think he said the same thing last year.

Either all his cars should have Firestones by now, or it is an empty threat!!

RICHARD
03-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Not the first time he has threatened that. I think he said the same thing last year.

Either all his cars should have Firestones by now, or it is an empty threat!!

Hoosiers Baby, Hoosiers! :D

anna_66
03-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I MET CARL EDWARDS AT HOME DEPOT:D
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd33b3127cceb6bfd2ceb01500000025109QZtWbhy0U

And then I told him what I really think of him...LOL!
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd33b3127cceb6bfd2c7312c00000025109QZtWbhy0U

LOL!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Kick him, higher, kick him higher!!! LOL!!!

RobiLee
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Kick him, higher, kick him higher!!! LOL!!!

Don't worry Amy she has a picture of that also...lol.

I love that first picture and I'm just mad that you didn't steal him and bring him home to me!! :p ;) :D

anna_66
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Here ya go Amy;)
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd33b3127cceb6bfd2c6b01d00000025109QZtWbhy0U

Cincy'sMom
03-13-2008, 10:46 PM
That's more like it!

Not the best Orange outfit I can put together, but this is from Halloween at work last fall.

anna_66
03-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Love it Amy, just love it!

anna_66
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
What? No one has posted yet?

Needless to say I was NOT happy that Tony wrecked and Denny went back to 6th position:( I am happy that Jeff won though. I've always liked him.

This is the way that MARK says the race should have finished...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd37b3127cceb7419c99030400000026100QZt2LRoycMb

But I think there should be a little switch;)

Glad you got to come up and watch the race with us Robin...make sure you don't come again....I'm tired of Tony wrecking every time you do:p:D

RobiLee
03-16-2008, 10:16 PM
What? No one has posted yet?

Needless to say I was NOT happy that Tony wrecked and Denny went back to 6th position:( I am happy that Jeff won though. I've always liked him.

This is the way that MARK says the race should have finished...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd37b3127cceb7419c99030400000026100QZt2LRoycMb

But I think there should be a little switch;)

Glad you got to come up and watch the race with us Robin...make sure you don't come again....I'm tired of Tony wrecking every time you do:p:D

Ohhh, that picture is even sweeter to me now! Dream on folks!

Heheheh....I'll be at your house every racing weekend. The only thing that would have made it better is if Amy had been there also.

You know I have to tease ya, Girlfriend. Love ya! :D

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2008, 10:24 PM
At least it wasn't Hendrick cars.....

So who else will be listening to Kevin Harvick co-hosting Tony's show on Sirius tomorrow night?

Moesha
03-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm planning on listening to it or at least part of it. But tonight starts Dancing With the Stars too. So my attention will be divided.

Do any of you listen to team communications during the races? I watch the race on TV, have one computer going with Kasey's team going, and then also listen to the officials channel on my laptop. I do that with RaceView. Last year I subscribed to DirecTv's thing, which I can't recall the name of at the moment, but I couldn't stand it. I do like how Sirius does the driver channels, but they never have Kasey, so I don't bother listening to it unless for some reason I can't be at home with the computers.

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2008, 07:58 AM
When I am at home, and can sit and watch the race (which hasn't happened as much as I would likethis year!) I have Tony's scanner on the computer.

In the car, I sometimes just stick to the radio broadcast, because it gets annoying losing what is going on just, to hear them say "clear", but I flip over if it seems like something may be going on.

At the race, I rent a scanner (Sprint Fan View is awesome!) and program in priorities Tony, Denny, Kyle, Bobby and a 5th...at CA it was the offical's channel so I could keep up with what they were talking about with the weather.

Moesha
03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
For some reason I couldn't get the Sirius boombox to power up tonight. Of course. How was the radio show?

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Man, I was hoping you could tell me if they talked about the race at the start of the show. I turned it on in time for the first pull. Ouch!!! We listened for about 1/2 an hour and it was brutal! Very funny!!! Lots of mean jokes, each pull looked like a small dog (or so they say), and all told they are predicting him to be down 15lbs!

A few years ago we saw Tony at a Cincinnati Migthy Ducks Hockey Game and during one fo the intermission's he was "fighting" with the mascot. The Duck pulled his shirt over his head, and all I can say is...they had a lot of work to do tonight!!

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 04:56 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8dd33b3127cceb6bfd2ceb01500000025109QZtWbhy0U

And where is your right hand in this picture?

-----------

Ya think that Kyle Busch did something in a prior life to deserve the luck he has had lately? Heh heh heh....

--------

Gas and go-
Leaving a poofer in the sofa cushion before you get a chance to go to the bathroom.

anna_66
03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
And where is your right hand in this picture?
For your information, it's right around his neck:p

Ya think that Kyle Busch did something in a prior life to deserve the luck he has had lately? Heh heh heh....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/1.gif Wasn't very happy in his after race interview was he?

Mark says "Tell him to leave that boy alone!"

Moesha
03-22-2008, 06:02 PM
First race in a several years that didn't go to at the speedway here. And I survived.

RICHARD
03-22-2008, 09:01 PM
For your information, it's right around his neck:p

Mark says "Tell him to leave that boy alone!"

The smile on his face looks like the calm before the wedgie. :eek:

What's the over/under on KB taking a swing at a reporter? :mad:

Moesha,

Don't worrry, you'll have withdrawls soon enough! :D

Moesha
03-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Did you hear the replay of Tony's show from last week? I heard it was going to be on when I was in the car and then forgot to bring the Sirius in the house. Missed it twice!

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
No, I took Friday and today off, so I haven't driven my car since Thursday, and didn't realize it was on again. There is a clip or two on Nascar.com from the show.

One afternoon last week, Carl Edwards was ont he afternoon show. He was in the Sirius studio in NY, and inthe office of Tony's producer. Allegedly, the "pelt" was hanging on the door! Moddy was asking him questions about it, and he was refusing to look at it! Can't say I blame him.

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Who-Hoo!!! Tony cut his hair!!!

Tony Stewart - Harried at Martinsville? Not This Year
ATLANTA (March 26, 2008) – Tony Stewart comes into Martinsville (Va.) Speedway relaxed and refreshed after a rare off-weekend on the 38-race weekend NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule. The driver of the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing is also a bit more aerodynamic, for the long hair he had sported since the end of last season is gone. Stewart’s mane looks more like it did when he was a rookie in 1999. Perhaps prompting the retro style was the sting of having his back waxed, as Stewart underwent the painful process in the name of charity.

Full Article (http://www.joegibbsracing.com/2008/news_nscs/03_march/080326_ts_pre.php) at Joe Gibbs Racing

Moesha
03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
He sure needed that mess cut! Glad he did it.

Cincy'sMom
03-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Kyle, Kyle, Kyle.....

Gotta love the short tracks!

Good run for Kenny Schrader and Chrissy Wallace.

Moesha
03-29-2008, 04:47 PM
But thankfully we don't gotta love Kyle. LOL

Cincy'sMom
03-29-2008, 04:49 PM
But thankfully we don't gotta love Kyle. LOL

No, but we can love to hate him!!!

Moesha
03-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I think Johnny Benson may have joined that growing club!

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Congrats Denny!!!

And a good day for Tony too!!!

Moesha
03-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Ladies, sorry I am a Dale Jr. fan :D

I'm sorry too. :D
Only teasing, I just couldn't resist.

anna_66
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm sorry too. :D
Only teasing, I just couldn't resist.
Sorry....just had to laugh at that;)

Congrats to Denny! I know my hubby sure was happy!
Next it's Tony's turn:D

Cincy'sMom
04-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Anybody watching qualifying? Holy Crap did Michael McDowell Take a lickin!!! Amazing how car they have come with these cars for safety.

Prelude information is now at Nascar.com New additions this year... Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Burton. So far, David Reutimman, Mike Wallace and JPM are the only two I didn't see listed that were there last year. Two months from today...can't wait!

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 11:22 PM
What luck will KB have this week? :eek:

--------

The Formula 1 head is caught up in a sex scandal!

What would Mike Helton do? :confused:

--------

Why don't the drivers flash their headlights to pass on a short track? :confused: :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Why don't the drivers flash their headlights to pass on a short track? :confused: :eek:

'Cause the headlights got *busted out* when he :eek: bumper-tagged the guy in front
on the last lap!

Dunno WHY nobody mounts a BIG set of Air Horns on the hood.

:p

RICHARD
04-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Better yet!

One of those old fashioned air raid sirens you crank by hand? :D

ramanth
04-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I caught it via Yahoo news Amy. Wow that was crazy!!! :eek:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/Worst-crash-ever-Nine-times-Mr-McDowell?urn=nascar,75258

RICHARD
04-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Dude, that was a wreck.

-------------------------

I am still not convinced that the COT is a 'safe' car.

It looks like the drivers need to be not as aggresive when trying to correct a slide.- they still have to adjust to the new car and the handling.

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I can't stop watching it...I am just amazed!

It reminded me of Tony Stewart's 2001 Daytona wreck, and the 1998 Michael Waltrip wreck at Bristol ( the way the car broke apart).

Tony Stewart wreck 2001 Daytona 500 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuqdGEcLTKs)

Waltrip at Bristol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVlj7F8OJCY&feature=related)

And in looking for Michael Waltrip's, I found this one from Bristol Practice 2002, Mike Harmon. I have never seen a car break in half like this!

Bristol 2002 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJJZBBgje8&feature=related)

OKay, last one. I had never seen this. Kenny Schrader flipped on a road course (Sears Point 1999). I just never though t of it happened ona road course...

1999 Sears Point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgIhnNvbmI&feature=related)

anna_66
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
That was one wild crash! I'm still just amazed they can crash like that and get out of the car and walk away :eek:

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2008, 08:29 AM
What luck will KB have this week? :eek:

So far so good....

Too bad his teammate didn't have such good luck! Oh well, today is the one that counts!

Sirrahsim
04-06-2008, 08:52 AM
I feel the need to jump in here and say that you race fans are nutty! I drove by the Texas Motor Speedway on Friday and thought that I was going to die! Traffic was awful and I was surrounded by GIANT SUVs with NASCAR stuff all over them and even more GIANT mobile homes that made my minivan look like a Geo Metro :) I must say though that the excitement was palpable for miles either way even while I was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic :D :D

Moesha
04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the compliment!!

RICHARD
04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
I never get tired of seeing the flyover before the start of a race.

The cars are fun but give me a good airshow and I'm happy for weeks after.

----------------------
GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES!

Nails on chalkboard? Winner of contest? Nails on chalkboard? Winner of contest?

Easy choice! ;)

---------------------

What would Elvis do?

I find that Viagra commercial to be the stupidest in history.....

But,who needs it when you have NASCAR? :D

------------

Why do the guys from open wheel racing freak out when they drive cars with fenders? :confused:

----------

The replay from the Mcdowell crash with the sound added to it was really freaky!

---------
NASCAR terminology....

Jack man- Isn't he an actor?

RobiLee
04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Woo Hoo! Way to go, Carl!

Get to work on that new scrapbook page, Anna! ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Somehow I knew you would have posted already.....

I actaully picked Carl in fantasy this weekend. Had a feeling, as good as he ran at Vegas and Atlanta.

Good day for the Gibbs boys, 3 5, and 7, to move up to 3, 5 and 7 in the points. Can't argue with that!

Still no Hendrick wins..Gee that's a shame :D

Moesha
04-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I had Carl picked in my Yahoo! fantasy games too. Of course I also had Biffle on my team.

RICHARD
04-07-2008, 09:17 PM
OK,
I like CE but I want some burnouts.

I love seeing the crowd get all smoked out - Serves you right for sitting so close to the track.. :p ;)

--------

NASCAR Truck trivia?

I don't know the answer to this one....

Who was the driver who lit the back end of his truck on fire after he won the race? He was doing a burnout and the rubber from the tires got stuck up in the wheelwells and rear end and started on fire. I laughed so hard after seeing that video, but I cannot remember who did it!

Help, race fans? :cool:

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Don't know for sure, but I have heard Jack Sprague did one like that.

RICHARD
04-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Don't know for sure, but I have heard Jack Sprague did one like that.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
----------------------

The guy that sang the National Anthem on Friday was really good.

Fox sports gave me the end of a baseball game and a shortened version of the prerace show! :mad:

I am not saying anything else about KB......

-----------------

Mike Helton announces the addition of one more team to the starting lineups of every race for the remainder of 2008

http://www.lascointl.com/doors/images/policecar.jpg

That team will always start at the back of the field, will attend to every crash and also check any drivers for DWI offenses. The driver of the PD team car has not been named.

:confused: :eek:

Lady's Human
04-15-2008, 04:10 AM
What irritated me about the race broadcast was that Fox jumped from the game to the race with )@!#($*&!@)(& ONE strike left in the game........but still managed to miss the green flag for the race.

GILL
04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I finally had to jump in. Fox really ticked me off. Bart, Chessie, my wife and I where ready too watch the race when it was rudely interrupted with a baseball game. IF I WANTED TO WATCH GRASS GROW I WOULD HAVE TUNED TO A BALL GAME.
We missed the opening and the start, what was FOX thinking.
Yes we have two cats that like racing. Although Chessie does prefer GTP cars.

Cincy'sMom
04-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I couldn't really see all of what was going on, as we were at my SIL's for my nephew's birthday. I had got the TV over to Fox, and I saw that they were showing baseball, with a scroll that Nascar coverage would continue when the race started, but I couldn't hear anything. So I happen to glance up, as the switch was bring made and my comment was: "Holy Crap they missed the drop of the green flag!"

Not being a baseball fan, I would have preferred the Pre-race, but I can understand Yankess are big market. Still... for your regularly scheduled event, get there for the beginning!!!

anna_66
04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, another upset NASCAR fan here:mad: I agree with Cat Daddy "IF I WANTED TO WATCH GRASS GROW I WOULD HAVE TUNED TO A BALL GAME"
For Real! Sorry, just can't stand baseball. One of the most boring sports on earth.

And I can't believe that no one is super happy about Jimmie winning his first race this year...Go JJ...great burnout:p:D

RICHARD
04-18-2008, 04:20 AM
I heard a great story today about Dale Sr.

One of the sports channels did an interview with a gal who wrote a book about NASCAR and the growth of motor racing in the U.S.

The host asked her about "one good DE Sr. story".

She laughed and said the Senior was taught how to "drive" by his grandmother- She lived at the bottom of a gravel road and explained to him how to keep control of the car when if got out of sorts.

I was laughing- I could picture Sr. hanging on to the dash board while granny is whipping around the back end with a brody knob.

--------

The only thing I don't like about baseball is the time it takes the Zamboni to resurface the ice and the free throws.

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
And I can't believe that no one is super happy about Jimmie winning his first race this year...Go JJ...great burnout:p:D

If I had read that BEFORE I came through Piqua today, I would have stopped and smacked some sense back into you! :D ;)

I got to go to the Tony Stewart Racing Store today!!! Unfortauntely, no cameras allowed, but he does have quite a trophy display case there, including the HUGE bear trophy from Texas 2006. Very cool!! I want one!

Can you believe, a whole store that sells nthing but things that say 20...and i only spent $30!!!

The only thing I don't like about baseball is the time it takes the Zamboni to resurface the ice and the free throws.

Too funny!!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-18-2008, 06:04 PM
I got to go to the Tony Stewart Racing Store today!!!

Can you believe, a whole store that sells nthing but things that say 20 ...
and I only spent $30!!!

Poor thing ... Ralphie took your credit card away before you left??
<snikker>

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Poor thing ... Ralphie took your credit card away before you left??
<snikker>

No, we have separate accounts, thank you! ;) :D
I behaved all on my own!!! ( And shopped clearance!) :D

Angus's Dad
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Cincy'sMom]If I had read that BEFORE I came through Piqua today, I would have stopped and smacked some sense back into you! :D ;)

You can smack her at the dog park :eek: :rolleyes: :D

RobiLee
04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Amy, I'll hold Anna while you smack some sense into her ;) :p :D

lizbud
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Well, this is Indycar and not NASCAR but, Danica Patrick finally won
a big one. :cool: I am so happy for her.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-ap-car-irl-indy-japan-300,0,2032900.story

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Well, this is Indycar and not NASCAR but, Danica Patrick finally won
a big one. :cool: I am so happy for her.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-ap-car-irl-indy-japan-300,0,2032900.story

According to Boris Said, they made an agreement if they ever won the same weekend they would both shave their heads. Boris is just taking the green flag in Mexico City. Go Boris!!!

anna_66
04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Amy, I'll hold Anna while you smack some sense into her ;) :p :D
Hey now...wait a minute...I was just saying it was an awesome burnout! (But secretly I do like JJ, he's a GOOD DRIVER!:D)

I'm very happy for Danica. First time ever for a girl to win!

Moesha
04-20-2008, 08:23 PM
So what do ya think Cuzin Carl meant when he said in his post race interview that that was the most fun he'd had in his clothes in a long time? Does someone have something that they would like to confess??? :D

Cincy'sMom
04-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Missed that comment...Hmmmmm

He and David Regan did go hiking on Saturday, and they showed Carl with his shirt off in the pre-race. He claimed David had his off too until the cameras starting rolling. Makes you wonder what was really going on out there on the trail....

Moesha
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM3fOeBM0Xw

Carl's interview is about at the 5:20 mark.

RICHARD
04-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Marcus Ambrose?

Sounds like a painter or poet..Stock Car Racer?

---------

Word is out that Patrick was allowed to win the Tokyo race. Her pit crew was tired of her whining and took up a collection for the 2nd place team. :confused:

--------

What is KB's carbon footprint after that smoke out? :p
It really don't matter, Mexico City's air sucks anyway. :(

----
What Boris Said and what happened are two different things.

6 foot 5? Dang, I'd buy him lunch and wash his car if I caused him to crash outta the race! :eek:

RICHARD
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM
Not necessarily a NASCAR/racing thought....

It's all about DP and her winning. :rolleyes:

And what about all the other women who's shoulders she stood on to get there? Not only in open wheel racing, but in karts, drag, Indy car racing?

I can name a few right off the top of my head, Janet Guthrie, Ashley Force, Shirley Muldowney, Angie Semple. I forgot the gal who raced in the pink car for a while in stock cars..... :eek:

In these days of big money contracts there are very few sports and very few arse-leaks (My brother's term for athletes who think they poo don't smell)
who don't stop and think or thank everyone that came before them.

Example? Baseball. Those sissies (I love the game, hate the prices and some of the players) who ask for jillions of dollars to play a game where the worst is getting hit in the head with a ball....

Ask them about some of the history about the game and they can't tell you who Curt Flood is. Like, isn't that what happened after Katrina?

Yep, it's great that a woman won a race, I would have rather seen another gal do it....Not some Sports Illustrated bikini model.

----------------------

If you hear her mention any woman who paved the way for her win, let me know. It will probably be someone named Danica, who did it all on her own.

--------------------

I'd love to see her in NASCAR and go after a driver like she did last year...

BOOM BOOM, Out go the lights!

Then she'd cry and talk about people picking on her because she is a woman.

---------------
O.K., I don't have the bits to race at 200 mph, but she does. ;)

lizbud
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Danica did race in karts at the age of 11 or 12. She blew the socks off
of the other racers, boys or girls. I figure she deserves her moment. :cool:

anna_66
04-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Richard, we watched a couple of interviews she did and she seemed pretty humble. Maybe she wasn't thanking all the women before her, but she did win this race!
And what's wrong with her being in a bikini? She looks good!
I like Tony Stewart, but I sure wouldn't want to see him in a bikini:p:D

Hey, another thought...Carl Edwards was on the cover of a magazine with his shirt off, how come your not giving him a hard time:D;)

Cincy'sMom
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I like Tony Stewart, but I sure wouldn't want to see him in a bikini:p:D

Amen to that!!! It was bad enough onthe Sirius Website, him in his blue silk boxers, during Operation "Wax Smoke". Eewww!!!

http://www.sirius.com/tonystewart

RICHARD
04-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Moises and Robinson! Thanks!

-------------

Patrick just doesn’t rub me the right way. She’s been a promoter of DP more than she has been of her craft. I don’t really look at Carl, Jeff, Jimmy or any driver as a media star or model. Dale Jr. selling Wrangler jeans is about as far as I pay attention. If the boys want to strip for a magazine, I really don’t care. If showing some man boob gets you a pole position, NASCAR need to revise qualifying! :p

DP has done photo spreads for FHM and SI. She’s also done a bunch of interviews for print and electric media. I didn’t find her stretched across the wing of an Indy car especially interesting. And she always seemed like she never lost a race because of her driving-it was the crew, the car or some other excuse.

Now, had she saved the skin for after a win, I probably would have said, “oh, good for her”. I don’t remember any other woman driver doing skin shots before winning or even making a second place finish in a race. For me, it’s more fun to see a gal make it to the top of her game as a driver first, woman and any other title she wants to be known by, second. I just got tired of all the drama associated with her.

----------------

F1, CART and Indy car racing is like surgery. A driver has to make a turn or a pass in a very precise manner. NASCAR is more like, “Move outta my way sucker!” She’s got the chops for open wheel and she finally got a win. Would a team have put up with 49 also-rans if it was a man driving??

I love NASCAR and anything else that goes faster than I can walk. But, have they done enough to fire up the imagination of women –getting a gal into the left hand seat? It’s got women into the stands, in front of the tube and cheering along for the drivers-not just the brands of soap, motor oil or male enhancement pills ;). And DP, in all the media that I have seen, really has never talked about getting women behind the wheel. I am sure there is a smoking hot gal out there that can drive the wheels off a kart, open wheeler or Cup car, but isn’t it a media stunt to publish pics of half -naked drivers? I think Carl Edwards has won one race, so he can race naked for all I care. (Wouldn’t that make a great in-car camera shot?) :eek: ;)

I just find that the Media Machine known as Danica Patrick doesn’t really inspire me to want to watch her race.

It's like a eating a good steak. I am not really interested in every step it took to my plate, I know how it got there, I just want it to be tasty. And I don't want to hear the server keep telling me that my steak will be ready, 50 times over!

I do like the women NHRA racers, they are no-bones drivers. I don’t need to see skin to find them attractive or sexy.

As a matter of fact, I love the way a woman smells in racing leathers.

It reminds me of a new car!

RobiLee
04-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Well, I guess I'm going to be the odd woman out and kind of agree with Richard here. I never liked the way Danica Patrick used her looks to get to where she is. I can remember when I first saw one of her magazine shoots showing off her body and thinking that she hasn't even accomplished anything except to pose for magazines. In my opinion it was the only reason you heard anything about her. It seemed like every time she did a new photo shoot she did a new tv interview and I never thought much of her in those interviews. She seemed stand offish and the interview of course was always about her photoshoots and not about her racing skills. I have not seen her in interviews lately because I just don't pay much attention to her anymore. I'm just not a big DP fan.

Having said that I do however think it is wonderful that a woman has won a big race. Well done! I also don't think she needs to thank any woman that came before her. In my opinion she needs to only thank her team, her sponsors, probably her parents and maybe even the Almighty God Above ;) I would love to see it done in the Cup world one day!

I am a huge Carl Edwards fan so before anyone throws it into my face about him posing on magazine covers I just want to say that Carl was already an established driver and a winner and everyone knows that he is a huge fitness nut.

Cincy'sMom
04-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I guess I haven't really taken a position on Danica one way or the other. I don't follow IRL, therefore other thent he big fuss she got into last year trying to fight with another driver, I can't tell you much about her or her attitude.

Of course, it is nice to see a female get a big win. I'll be more excited when it happens in Nascar, just becuase that is the sport I follow. Go Chrissy Wallace!!! (anybody interested in going to watch her run the NASCAR truck race in Mansfield, Ohio, Saturday of Memorial Day weekend?)

As for Carl Edwards...not a big fan, but he has to be up there on the list of Nascar drivers who are qualified to be seen 1/2 naked. His face is just a little too John Elway for me, but you have to admire the rest :D

Moesha
04-22-2008, 08:10 AM
I've gone to a few IRL races when they've been in Nashville. They always have a autograph session with all of the drivers. Danica was so rude during the one I went to when she was there. She didn't even look at the fan or what she was signing. She just kept talking to to this chick sitting next to her. Tony Kaanan on the other hand...hehe Dario, Helio, Sam...actually most of them were very personable.

RICHARD
04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Sad to say it's gonna be a while before we see a woman win a Cup race.

It has to do with the drivers, sponsorship, marketing and starting grids.

The starting grids of the OW races that I have seen are half of a NASCAR field. You still have to race, but double the entrants to 43 and it's that much harder.

Marketing? Would NASCAR market a woman in the same way that DP was marketed? How many women Cup fans would like to see a woman driver draped over the 44 (D) car...Little joke there!

Sponsorship? Tide and Enzyte, Staples and Viagra. NASCAR is open to all kinds of sponsorship. But let's play 'what if'. Are we ready for the Victoria's Secret Bra Cup? (A joke....) Tampax, Cover Girl?

LOL, a driver hawking undies.....I wear VC undies under my firesuit! And I feel like a winner! ;)

How would the men take it? Three types of males here. Ones that don't care, the group that cares and the drivers that will go out of their way to try and make a woman cry....

---------

I hope no one takes that as a "Bah Humbug" approach, but having been a fan for a while I see some of those problems coming up for any woman driver making a run at a fulltime SCS run.....it's too bad. :(

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Unfortunately, Richard you are probably right. But even to see a woman succed in The truck series or nationwide would be a start.

On the sponsorship thing, have you heard Larry the Cable Guy's bit? He mentions a lot of the more feminine driven sponsors you did. It is quite funny! I'll have to see if I can find it, when I'm not at work :)

lizbud
04-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Ok, one more thing about Danica & then I'll hush up. :p

Don't be jealous of her looks or her talent. She's worked very hard (in mostly
a male domain) to become the driver she is today. If you've ever worked in
a job surrounded by men, you might have an inkling of how difficult that can
be sometimes. Anyhoo, I wanted you to see this film clip of an interview she
did with a local sports guy right after the winning race. It's the usual type
of interview stuff but catch the film near the end where she had just won
and her mom rushed up to hug her.She burst out in tears as she is hugged
by her mom.

Aside from her racing skills, She's not much different from you or I. :D

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/15948096/index.html

RICHARD
04-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I worked in a mostly female enviroment for a long long time.

And I am not good looking in a bikini.

---------------

With the exception of Olympic Equestrian and racing, women don't compete head to head with men. Even the wussy sports like bowling, darts and pool (those are sports?) are segregated by sex.

I have had my arse handed to me in all three by a woman, no problem.
I wasn't worried about my genitalia withering away or falling off.

-----------------

My only peeve about sports, all sports, is the Wuss-ability factor.

I cannot stand whiny arse-leaks. Pro sports have there share of women whiners. Terrel Owens, Jeff Gordon, Barry Bonds to name a few.

----------------

DP wins a race. Now what? Her achievement is noted and the press will get all the DP they possibly can. Without having seen any interview or read any press the question isn't when will you win anymore- It's when will you win again?

NO question about the talent needed to drive and win. For me it was the novelty of a woman driver winning. I just got tired of listening to her attitude and smarmy-ness.

You do have to 'grow a set' to race with men, Some days I had to leave my set at home to go to work.....there were a few times I wanted to go "mixed martial arts" on some very obnoxious biatches that I worked with.

DP was more unattractive when she constantly dropped her firesuit to show that she really did have a pair. :rolleyes:

After a few more wins, if it holds at one-per-fifty it may be a while, she'll become yesterday's news and we can wait for the next woman winner.

---------------------

Milka Duno. No, it's not a soy-based dairy product. Nor is it a candy bar or a shampoo.

And check out who Lewis Hamilton is! ;)

lizbud
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Richard, ever heard of this lady from Columbus, Ohio? She's another one
who is all business on the race track. :) This 500 should be interesting.

http://www.sarahfisher.com/

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Richard, ever heard of this lady from Columbus, Ohio? She's another one
who is all business on the race track. :) This 500 should be interesting.

http://www.sarahfisher.com/

I've heard of Sarah!!! She owns her own team as well as races, if I remember correctly....

Cincy'sMom
04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Larry the Cable Guy's bit "Nascar" (http://www.imeem.com/larrythecableguy/music/wKLuEenh/larry_the_cable_guy_nascar/)

lizbud
04-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Larry the Cable Guy's bit "Nascar" (http://www.imeem.com/larrythecableguy/music/wKLuEenh/larry_the_cable_guy_nascar/)

Funny Amy. :D

When told & shown the reasons why I needed a new furnace last winter,
I actually said to the guy "get er done". He laughed & then started to work.
I couldn't believe that actually came out of my mouth, but it did. :o

I must be watching this guy way too much. :D

RICHARD
04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I forgot about SF!

She does have a great personality and I wanted to see her win a few.
She balances her 'girly-ness' with racing.

Could that mean nice gals finish in the pack? :(

--------------

I know the cable guy and hadn't seen that bit. I write my own material! :eek: :( :o

Did anyone see the guy on the tube that had "Git r done" tattoed on his forehead? It was some kind of a police mugshot. :rolleyes:
-----------

I'll stop now and let's get back to NASCAR! ;)

Cincy'sMom
04-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Let silly season beging....Will Truex stay with DEI? Is Tony really leaving Joe Gibbs to take part ownership of Hass CNC? IS Bobby Labone going with General Mills to RCR?

Seems like the rumors start ealier every year!!!

Moesha
04-25-2008, 07:12 AM
I hate restrictor plate tracks. It's just not racing to me. Plus all I get to hear on the scanners is "clear" "inside" "two wide" "you're in the middle"...blah blah blah. I do love ya Kole. :D

Moesha
04-25-2008, 03:38 PM
The drivers better not talk much, they have to focus every second because they're traveling the length of a football field per second.

Kole isn't a driver, he's Kasey's cousin and spotter. Kasey isn't a big talker anyway. And I've also been a NASCAR fan for over 20 years, before there were restrictor plates. I understand the restrictor plate racing concept and strategy. I just don't care for it. Just my opinion. It seems that most Earnhardt fans enjoy it. Needless to say, I'm not one of those either. To each their own!

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I just like racing...short track, restrictor plate, ARCA, Truck, Nationwide, Sprint Cup...doesn't much matter. Put the cars on the track and I am happy!

That being said, I did not like the Talledega race as much last fall in the COT. Too many people "rode around" in the back and then waited for the end to move up. It is always an exciting finish, but I think the overall racing is better at the shorter tracks.

Moesha
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh I watch it all too, or listen to it on the radio if I am away from TV or not there live. I just prefer some tracks more than others, and the restrictor plate tracks are at the bottom of my list.

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2008, 08:13 AM
I couldn't post until this morning, cause I had to watch the end of the race first...who-hoo!!! Always good to see a #20 car win :D

As much as I liked seeing Tony get his first win at 'Dega, I have to admit, with a few to go and Mike Wallace charging on the outside, I was sorta rooting for him. Wish he had been able to stay up there and finish better then 10th.

And how bout Morgan Shepherd? When is the last time he finished a rce, led alone on the lead lap!

anna_66
04-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Always good to see a #20 car win :

It sure is Amy:D

Wasn't too happy about Tony's wreck, but it sure was nice to see JGR finish 1st and 3rd:D

Cincy'sMom
04-28-2008, 10:48 AM
People at work are commenting what a boring race it was yesterday...I thought is was much more exciting then the fall race last year. Maybe it is becuase I don't just watch it on TV, but also race the radio broadcast, and the computer so I can see what is going on "back inthe pack", but I thought it was a great race. And JGR finished 1 and 3 so the outcome wasn't too bad (Poor Tony :( )

RICHARD
04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
A great Sunday of racing!

Racing? Boring?

-----------

Racing Jesus?

Please, no more KB. Amen. ;)

---------

What?

No Ashley Force fans out there? Friggin awesome racing!!!!

Why are all the NHRA gals babes? :D

The NHRA stats for women are pretty amazing.

----------

Burnouts. Sorry Carl...

Me likes the smoke. :cool:

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I did see AShley beat her dada nd became the first woman to win an NHRA event. Didn't get quite the same attention as Danica...but another vicotry for women racing!

Lady's Human
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Cha Cha Muldowney, Angele Seeling and a couple others would be surprised to find out they never won an NHRA event....

Ashley is the first female FUNNY CAR winner. :p

Cincy'sMom
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Sorry...NHRA Funny car. I knew it sounded wrong when i heard them say it, but I guess cause I only heard half of it!!
Shows how closely I pay attention!!!

RICHARD
05-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Why do the honorary race starters have to yell?

The engines haven't turned over yet!

------------------

I heard that NASCAR will not run a Sprint Cup race in MEXICO because there is no Spanish translation for "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!":confused:

-----------------

A note to Tony Stewart.

Run over the other driver's pit crew! NOT YOURS!:eek:

--------

I will not cheer for the 8 car..... Yet!

Bad juju?;)

-----------

NASCAR day on May 16th?

FOOLS! Everyday is NASCAR DAY!

--------------

WHO was the guy with the accent that was interviewed after the Friday night race?

I was laughing because I couldn't understand a word he said.....but the captioning person could!!!

-----------------

Can I adopt a Cup car if it is impounded after a cup race?

Cinder & Smoke
05-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Poor Dale Junior! :(

I don't care what the Talking Heads say ...

Looked like a Cheap Shot by the Shrub, to me!
:mad:

And Poor Denny Hamlin :( drove a Super Race!
NUTZ to that leaky tyre!

RICHARD
05-03-2008, 11:27 PM

Poor Dale Junior! :(

I don't care what the Talking Heads say ...

Looked like a Cheap Shot by the Shrub, to me!
:mad:
!

Punkyle Buschoy

---------------

There's no crying on NASCAR....:(
Looking at the J.R. interview, I was almost in tears.

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I haven't got to see the race with sound yet, but caught the last 38 laps at Frickers...I was going to reserve comment until I could hear what was going on.

I can't believe that I, a true Shrubinator, am saying this, but I really didn't think Kyle did anything wrong. He had the inside lane, he held it, and Junior came down into him. Maybe I am going soft cuase he dries for JGR, but I can't falt him (this time).

I was crushed for Denny. I said Friday morning I felt like he was going to have a good weekend, and boy did he...Nationwide win, POle start, and a track record laps led. He deserved to win. Although even after I said that I picked Mark Martin as my top 10 driver for the week....

After the Nationwide race I don't remember them interviewing anyone with an accent...but it sure was hard to understand Steven Wallace. That boy sounds like Bumhauer (from King of the Hill). Doesn't seem to have his dad or uncle's abiity to speak clearly!

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Racing returns to the Rock....ARCA race is underway...Tony Stewart waved the green flag and Joey Lagano (JGR develoment driver) brought them to it...
Ken Schrader is running as is James Harvery Hylton, the 73 year old wonder.

How would you like to be the auction winner, to runt he parade laps with Ricky Rudd? I would have been trying to slip him some more $$ to stay onthe track at least for the first few laps!!!

anna_66
05-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I haven't got to see the race with sound yet

I can't believe that I, a true Shrubinator, am saying this, but I really didn't think Kyle did anything wrong. He had the inside lane, he held it, and Junior came down into him. Maybe I am going soft cuase he dries for JGR, but I can't falt him (this time).

I DID get to hear (and see) the end of the race and I don't think Kyle did it on purpose. He was just trying to correct his car.
And ask anyone (especially my husband Mark), I'm not a Busch supporter at all!

I was crushed for Denny. I said Friday morning I felt like he was going to have a good weekend, and boy did he...Nationwide win, POle start, and a track record laps led. He deserved to win.
I was too. And yep, he sure deserved that win...too bad:(

After the Nationwide race I don't remember them interviewing anyone with an accent...but it sure was hard to understand Steven Wallace. That boy sounds like Bumhauer (from King of the Hill). Doesn't seem to have his dad or uncle's abiity to speak clearly!
Gosh Amy, I couldn't have said it better myself...LOL!

Cincy'sMom
05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Who-Hooo!!! Another 20 car win!! 4 in a row!!

JGR drivers have won 8 of 12 Natonwide races. How much better can they get?

Tony said in Victory Lane is wasn't the driver's, it is the crew. I'm sure that the crew is great, but you aren't exactly talking low talent drivers with Tony, Kyle and Denny. If they can win with anyone behind the wheel...give me my shot!!! Let's see how they do with a amateur!

RICHARD
05-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Like WTF, Carl?

--------

Was that bad CARMA for KB tonight?:confused:

-------

Thanks for the thrill, Mark....:mad:
I hate when that happens.

-------

Ummmm,

You think that DP is giving women drivers a bad name by running over pit crew members?

------

Who is watching the FIM Supersport races? The Assen race was rad!
This week, one rider- he was showing third place pulled off the track a few hundred feet before the finish line. He lost something like four places before he realized he didn't hit the finish line!

DOH!

Cinder & Smoke
05-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Don't forget ... it's a Saturday NIGHT Race at Darlington tonight >>>

Darlington | 7 p.m ET Saturday | FOX TV Network

Let's go RACING!! :D

anna_66
05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Got to say, even though they thought he was driving too hard and is such a bad guy....Kyle won! Another win for JGR!!!! Sorry Jr:p

Cincy'sMom
05-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Got to say, even though they thought he was driving too hard and is such a bad guy....Kyle won! Another win for JGR!!!! Sorry Jr:p

And Denny got a Top Ten, and even though he got wrecked on Lap 3, Tony battled back and dang near got back on the leadleap the old fashioned way. I would have loved to see what would have happened if he hadn't wrecked....by the end of the night, that car was strong! Way to go JGR!!!

What's with Rousch and their loose wheels? All 5 of them complained at one point or anther they thought they had a tired issue.

RICHARD
05-11-2008, 02:23 PM
The reason I love NASCAR is the way fans conduct themselves, for the most part.

It's fun to see the way fans support their drivers- jackets, t-shirts, bags and even underwear....:eek::confused::o Even the booing a driver at the intros is a practice that I encourage...But, I really hate the tossing of crap onto the track and the flipping the bird after the race.

Nascar is probably the last family sport - baseball held it's own for a while but sitting in the stands, with drunken louts yelling 'YOU SUCK' at players, gets old, fast!

Yeah it's part of the game/race to root your favorites on, but it's really disturbing to see people take it so seriously that they have to ruin it for everyone else-especially those who take kids to the track.

I am not an angel when I sit in my house and curse out a driver for being a chump, causing a crash or getting out of the pit box and losing the lead.
But, I am really irritated when I see people act like idiots.

---------------

I did take execption to KB taking off the glasses and wiping his eyes - in homage to the DE jr. fans - I guess if you provoke the paying customers you have to take their grief.

Maybe the announcers and other drivers aren't lying when they bring up the subject of security having to escort drivers from the track.:eek::mad::confused:

RobiLee
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Richard, just wanted to let you know that "flipping the bird" goes on through out the whole race. It isn't saved for just after the race. It also wouldn't surprise me if there were more "drunken louts" at a nascar race than at a baseball game. At the races you are allowed to bring your own beer in and you are lucky if you aren't sitting next to a very drunken lout who either spills his beer on you or maybe even barfs on your shoes (happened to a friend of mine). I've actually watched children help their dad carry in the cooler full of beer. The last race I went to I sat behind a family with two small children. The parents were putting away the beers and the group in front of them were a drunken rowdy bunch. Not for sure how much of a "family" sport that is considered to be.

That being said I LOVE going to the races!

RICHARD
05-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the insight.

I have never seen a race from the stands at a large speedway-and only a few from a motorhome in the infield.

The "local" track closed about 7 years ago. It was a 1/3 mile deal and they raced Sportsman and Winston events-it was Ron Hornaday's home track for a while. The crowds there were very well behaved and the most visible way of showing your disgust was the 'shoo' or 'getouttahere' hand motions. It was great because it was a small track and security didn't put up with the BS and you were not allowed to bring booze in.

It's been a while since I have attended a motorsports event-one of the last ones was a motocross event and I'll never go back. The fans there were rude and obnoxious. This is a generalization but the worst of the bunch were the long haired, tattooed bunch in racing jersys and the stacked up beer cups-smoking pot next to the family groups and enhancing every cheer with "effing" or "eff".

I'm really sorry to hear that the crowds have become that stupid in such a short time.

RobiLee
05-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Don't get me wrong though, because I think NASCAR fans are the best. I have been to several different kind of sporting events and in my opinion nothing beats a Nascar fan. They are usually the nicest and easiest people to talk to and be around

Cincy'sMom
05-12-2008, 07:16 AM
I've been to Michigan, Phoenix, California, and Kentucky for Nascar races of one series or another. Of those, only Michigan allows you to carry in alcohol. And of those tracks, only in California did I see obnoxious drunks and really I would only call them bobderline. That was also the race that was delayed over and over and over again, giving people plenty of extra time to indulge. I was sitting in front a group of guys working in CA from Florida. They were mid 20-30's and didn't bother me at all. The family in front of me wasn't as amused, being their first time at a race with their 2 young children, but the kids had on the big radio ear muffs so I doubt they could hear much of what was being said, or with many of the phrases they were using doing describe Jeff Gordon, the kids shouldn't have understood what it meant!

anna_66
05-12-2008, 08:13 AM
I did take execption to KB taking off the glasses and wiping his eyes - in homage to the DE jr. fans - I guess if you provoke the paying customers you have to take their grief.

Sorry Richard, Mark and I were a couple of people who actually got a chuckle out of him doing that. I think that boy can take all the grief they give him...I even think he kind of likes it...lol.

Jr fans are going way too far in blaming him for that wreck, wearing their Busch hater t-shirts and such. Stupid if you ask me (I know, no one did:p)

Still can't believe I'm sticking up for him:rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
05-12-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm with you Anna!!!

RICHARD
05-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry Richard, Mark and I were a couple of people who actually got a chuckle out of him doing that. I think that boy can take all the grief they give him...I even think he kind of likes it...lol.

Jr fans are going way too far in blaming him for that wreck, wearing their Busch hater t-shirts and such. Stupid if you ask me (I know, no one did:p)

I really hate BUSCH, I'm a PABST man.:p

I thought the wiping eyes thing was funny too. I just feel that he should have let it go. It bothered me that the announcers and some of the drivers were suggesting that KB have security escort him out.

Going to the Raider games there was always the player who would make gestures to the fans when coming from the dressing room, if you were standing by the tunnel you might as well wear a helmet. The jokers from up above would start to throw trash - cups, empty bottles, batteries and god knows what else.

A DE jr fan at home isn't going to toss stuff at the screen-but what is stopping him from paying a few bucks to tour pit row and taking it out on KB in person? I remember the tennis gal that was stabbed a few years ago at a match? That was a weird situation. I love the fact that there are fans on PR and the drivers are accessible....But there is always one nut job in the crowd and the good fans suffer for his sins. For the most part SCS fans are pretty good and passionate. Passion and alcohol really are a bad mix......sometimes:)

In all the years of attending events there was only one time I felt threatened with my safety.....and the home team won.:(

CM,
See how the people that come to Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah act?;) In the past few years I've cut back from my attending events for a few reasons. I don't have my BGFF-did I actually use that term just now???-to go with me and the idea that I have to be wary of the crowd -if I am attending with any females or kids, it takes the fun outta it for me.....

I attended an off-road race in Vegas and my GF and dad were almost part of a fight. I always tried for aisle seats-being tall I could stick my legs out onto the steps. After a few bathroom runs I ended up with the GF and dad near the aisle when a fight broke out. Two idiots bumped into each other, one spilled his beer and it was on.

I grabbed them both, slid them over and stood at the end seat. The fight started to move into our seats and I managed to put a hand on one guy and keep him from falling down. Eventually one of the idiots was body slammed on the seats right in front of us.

It really sucks when you have to think about an emergency plan when you to a sporting event. Before, you just had to worry about spending the extra 15 bucks for the sweat shirt instead of the t-shirt.:D
Today? i don't wanna think about it.

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Pit crew competition tonight on SPEED!

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Pit crew competition tonight on SPEED!

I set the DVR last night!!! (CSI Season Finale is on at the same time. Have to record both!)

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I got a flyer in the mail from Mario Andretti and Jeff GOrdon.

They need 350 dollars from me.

The only thing I have to do is to drive down the AutoClub race track and drive one of their cars around the track.

I'm not a fan of either so I'll have to use the money for something else.;)

Moesha
05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I got one of those flyers too. It's in the trash right now.

This year the Nashville Speedway was allowing all season ticket holders the chance to drive their own personal vehicle around the track. I'd been a season ticket holder for the past few years but didn't renew this year. That might have been fun though.

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 03:52 PM
I got one of those flyers too. It's in the trash right now.

This year the Nashville Speedway was allowing all season ticket holders the chance to drive their own personal vehicle around the track. I'd been a season ticket holder for the past few years but didn't renew this year. That might have been fun though.

At the Saugus Speedway, since closed and made into a swap meet, they used to host a segment -and I cannot remember the name for it - where fans could come out and race their vehicles to try and set the lap record. The prizes were something like a dinner at Luigi's, a subscription for the local news paper and six cans of motor oil....

It was a small 1/3 mile track where the barriers are pieces of steel plate backed with dirt.

One night a guy shows up with a BRAND FRICKING NEW Mustang. I don't think it was two weeks old, if that. I bet the ciggie lighter was still new, the ashtrays clean and the the rear seat still not broken in.:eek::rolleyes:

Into the wall it went....and the crowd went wild....I just wanted to know how he explained that to the insurance company!:p

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I got a flyer in the mail from Mario Andretti and Jeff GOrdon.

They need 350 dollars from me.

The only thing I have to do is to drive down the AutoClub race track and drive one of their cars around the track.

I'm not a fan of either so I'll have to use the money for something else.;)

Fan or not, if you get a chance to drive a car, DO IT!!!! It is an awesome experience!

RICHARD
05-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Fan or not, if you get a chance to drive a car, DO IT!!!! It is an awesome experience!

Oh, I would love to......I want to do it in a truck, I know the Petty Experience has a truck ride....right now I can't afford the the gas!;)

Cincy'sMom
05-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh, I would love to......I want to do it in a truck, I know the Petty Experience has a truck ride....right now I can't afford the the gas!;)

You ever make it to Ohio, I'll see what we can do to get you in a truck at MIS. I know my friend's school has trucks...I'm just not sure if he has any fit with a second seat to ride, so you may have to drive yourself!

Moesha
05-17-2008, 09:58 PM
That's my boy!!!

He owes me a few hundred thousand dollars for helping to vote him in! At least we don't have to do that again for at least 10 more years! "We don't have to run that hooligan race again!" Best quote from Kasey's radio all night!

Cincy'sMom
05-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Congrats to Kasey! It was neat to see him come from the vote to win.

What a boring race though....not a single caution! There was some good side by side racing, but it just got too strung out. THe most exciting thing was betting on which JGR engine would blow up next:rolleyes: Don't know what the new engine package was, but let's trash it now!!!

Moesha
05-17-2008, 10:10 PM
They were probably trying something different because of the shorter distance of this race. I'm sure it won't make it into a points paying race ever.

Moesha
05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Here are JGR quotes about the engines for the race tonight:

TONY STEWART, No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finished: 5th How worried were you about your motor holding together after your teammates had trouble?
"We had problems yesterday and that's what got us in the situation. We didn't have the problem that they had, but we had it first yesterday. Unfortunately it was one of those deals tonight where it was just like pulling a pin on a grenade -- didn't know when it was going to go off for those guys. It was experimental stuff and tonight's the night to try that stuff. When it comes time to run 600 miles next week, we can do it."

DENNY HAMLIN, No. 11 FedEx Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finished: 23rd Did you have an experimental engine package this week?
"This is definitely experimental 'All-Star only' racing. We came out here with our guns loaded and unfortunately our gun went off a little bit before the end of the race. It just wasn't enough. We knew this engine wasn't going to go 500 miles. It was built for just a few more laps past 100 and it just didn't make it."

KYLE BUSCH, M&M's Toyota Camry, Joe Gibbs Racing
Finished: 24th Was this a special package you ran for the All-Star Race tonight?
"It was going to be our standard package for the 600 next weekend. It's a new package that we've come out with in the recent weeks but for some reason it has broken rocker arms. We'll fix it and get it ready for if not this upcoming week but the next couple weeks."

RICHARD
05-19-2008, 11:30 PM
It was neat to see him come from the vote to win.

99 cents and any additional charges.:eek:

When I heard that I laughed. CE had a great line about him winning the ASR from the vote...

At least Kenny Chesney was honest about it.:p:D

----------------

KB......Tick off Racing Jesus, why don't you.

It is CARMA!

RICHARD
05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
The CE quote?
"See what a bunch of women can do for you?";)

CONGRATS TO MELANIE TROXEL!

I think it's the year of the fast woman.....No, not you DP.

lizbud
05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
A little NASCAR news to share...............;)

http://www.wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8365874

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I actaully thought they had given him to a zoo awhile ago....not sure how I got that idea. Maybe they (the zoo) has had him awhile, but are just now putting him on display after giving him time to acclimate?

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2008, 06:28 PM
IN other news...

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=414853

Not sure I believe Kentucky will get a cup race, but it is a fun track to go to! Wouldn't hurt my feelings to get another one in driving distance!

RICHARD
05-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I actaully thought they had given him to a zoo awhile ago....not sure how I got that idea. Maybe they (the zoo) has had him awhile, but are just now putting him on display after giving him time to acclimate?

Giving away your Mojo?

That may be the last thing he wants to do!;)

------------

I got my Petty ride the other day!!!!:eek:

It wasn't that fast but I loved it. IT only cost me almost four dollars!

I opened up a box of CHEERIOS and there it was. A die cast #43 car....I gave it away. It would look cheesy next to my #6 model and #3 remote control cars.