PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Premium account quesion

slleipnir
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok, so paypal you have options for how you send a payment. It can be direct from your account, or it can be from a creditcard or whatever.

Whenever someone pays with credit, however, you have to accept the payment. I believe with a personal account you can only do this 5 times. I read that if you upgrade to Premium then you can do more then that but it costs like 2.9% + $.55...I don't really know what that means. Also, it seems with the premium you need to pay that no matter what money you get...even if it's from a paypal account...yet with a personal account it's free? That doesn't make sense. Does anyone have a premium account? How much extra do you pay per transaction, and, is it worth it?

Jessika
01-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah with premium I'm sure you have to pay more in fees because they figure small businesses and whatnot will use it...

I personally only use paypal if I absolutely have to... they REALLY screwed over my in laws when they were starting out with their small business, like they screwed with them ridiculously. So I don't recommend it or know much more about it other than they do charge a lot more little fees here and there

chocolatepuppy
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I have a premium account. I can transfer money from Paypal to my bank account or pay someone with Paypal free. Anyone paying me, there's a fee. I'm not crazy about the fees but when selling on eBay it's a lot more convenient than playing with money orders and taking them to the bank. I believe the reason we went to premium was because we could only take so much money out of our account a month, now we can take all we want out.

Catlady711
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I have a premium account. I can transfer money from Paypal to my bank account or pay someone with Paypal free. Anyone paying me, there's a fee. I'm not crazy about the fees but when selling on eBay it's a lot more convenient than playing with money orders and taking them to the bank. I believe the reason we went to premium was because we could only take so much money out of our account a month, now we can take all we want out.

Yup totally agree. I haven't had a big problem with the fees myself, and I love being able to transfer to my bank account whenever I need to.

slleipnir
01-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Yup totally agree. I haven't had a big problem with the fees myself, and I love being able to transfer to my bank account whenever I need to.

how much does it cost to accept payments??