PDA

View Full Version : AAAK! DPI angst! Update: GOT IT! Duuuhhhhh...........

Catty1
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I finally got around to ordering photos online from the place where I bought my digital camera. It is a Fuji program, and I have always had perfect results.

NOW the program says the "files may be too small". So I have gone into Picture Editor and even a newer Adobe elements 5....All I can get is PIXELS!

Compressed, they have to be between 2 - 4 MB for an 8X10, and 21 if non-compressed. (I only want 3 x 5, but the program won't allow the size to be selected prior to attaching the files). In the Windows program, I do 600% increase in size - when I go to the compression area, it will show the uncompressed size vs compressed. If I go back to resize and do another several hundred % increase, the compression does not change.

They also say 300 dpi...

AND the last program I tried would resize it to 27.45 MB automatically...but NOW there is a plug in problem... :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas for quick MB/DPI changes? :(

Vette
01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Im not really understanding your question. :o are you having troubles with the site,, or your picture files sizing not changing when you try to resize them?

Catty1
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
It just takes toooo darn long to resize them to where they should be. Is there a quicker way to do it?

Sorry about the confusion in the first post, I was a tad frazzled! :)

Vette
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Might wanna give this thing a try an see how it goes for you. http://www.multipleimageresizer.net/

Catty1
01-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks! I'm downloading now....

Catty1
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I got the bright idea to call the photography store to which the photos are sent.

Of course they now have a NEW program for processing photos online....

:o

lol

thanks everyone!

Jessika
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Man I was gonna say, shouldn't the company resize the photos FOR you prior to printing? You shouldn't have to do it yourself! lol glad you got it working though!

Catty1
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Jessika, the thing is - I bought my camera from them, and at the time (til the end of November) they had an online service. I would download the photos onto my HD, then use the Fuji service they had to send photos in and have them make prints.

They stopped using Fuji....so I am off to their website, which has the photo-developing order form on it.

*duh* :)