PDA

View Full Version : Let's plan an adventure for 2008

gini
01-05-2008, 02:05 PM
O.K. everybody - we need to plan a Pet Talk adventure for 2008.

The news is filled with sadness - good news doesn't sell too well.
We got a mortgage crisis - banks need loans - weather is awful - jobs are hard to find - and there are many sick people in the world - mentally and physically. Let's get away from all of that for a while.

BUT - we have each other and our pets and our computers............So
where would you like to go. We need to visit everyone - stop by Lut's and pick her up - and Barbara and Kirsten and Randi and the Captain in Australia - let's knock on some doors of Pet Talkers who have gone missing.

Let's have phun!! (wonder where I learned to spell that?):D

Cookiebaker
01-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh gini, what fun! Can I tag along? We wanna go somewhere warm and sunny, even a tad humid, too. It's way too cold in New Hampshire these days!!!

gini
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Absolutely - everyone is welcome - babies too. Just think of all the Pet Talkers that would love to babysit for you.

Let's head to Australia - it is warm down under right now.

Taz_Zoee
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Yes! Count me in. I've always wanted to go to Australia. I'm packing my summer clothes as we 'speak'. :)

Felicia's Mom
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I want to go to Australia too!

Randi
01-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Gini, that’s a good initiative - I'd love to see you here, and I’ll get the guest rooms ready in my virtual house... se BBQ 2005 thread! ;)

To start the journey at this point of time, Australia sounds just perfect! Watch out, I'll bring my camcorder! :D

slick
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh please Mz Gini, may I come along too??? I'd love to visit Captain and Randi and Lut and Barbara and Sonia and Mz Z and ChrisH and Karen in Scotland and Husky's Mom and all the PTers in the US and all over the world. Oh I just though of Kater in Hawaii, maybe we can cheer her up.

....but I agree, let's start with Australia. I wonder where Oggy is??? I miss him, his recipes and those adorable pups. When do we leave? How much time do I have to pack??

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
YES !!!! Pick me up, ANY time!!! Woohoo, my suitcase is ready!!!! :)

Cincy'sMom
01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Me too! Me too!! Australia here we come!!

Karen
01-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Ooh, Australia - Miss Hoppy might now be welcome there, I'll have to give her some sort of disguise.

phesina
01-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Cats and I are coming too!

Edwina's Secretary
01-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Ooh, Australia - Miss Hoppy might not be welcome there, I'll have to give her some sort of disguise.

She might be a koala bear?

lizbud
01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
We would love to go too. :) All we need is just a few minutes notice
of departure. We travel light. :)

RICHARD
01-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey, can we swing by and pick up Mr Magoo? :D

gini
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Wow! We are going to have to charter a plane. Well, I would rather have it that way, because we can all fly first class. And FOOD will be served. Not like the commercial flights we have now that do you a big favor and give you a 6 oz. can of soda - for "free" no less. Ha! And why was my flight to Boston $100.00 more this year? To pay for the soda, dummy!

Oh, and the flight for all of you is free. There will be a special section for our pets so they can be comfy. Gee can you take a Koala "into" Australia? We can sure try, Miss Hoppy!

Anyone want to bring their surfboards for Australian surf? Maybe we can track down Nicole and Shane in Melbourne. I miss them.

Let's just remember - phun and laffs is the theme. Slick, will you come in costume this time?

How about we leave next Tuesday? That should give you all time to pack your clothes - get the pets ready and we are outta here.

Work?? What's that?? We don't work - we just fly around having a good time.

davidpizzica
01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Gini, could you swing by Pittsburgh and pick up me and the girls? Nikki, Daisy, and Marigold are already packed! Sorry I don't own a surfboard, there's not much wave action on Pittsburgh's three rivers! I'll rent one when we get there.

Bengalz
01-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow! We are going to have to charter a plane.

How about an A380 - world's largest Airbus :D

carole
01-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey you all have to go just a wee bit further down under, and visit me in Aotearoa, c u all soon, cheers. :)

trayi52
01-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Can you drop by TN and pick me, Mario, the cats, and the dogs up too?

Willie :)

DJFyrewolf36
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
The cats have read this and are starting to pack! Swing by Oregon and grab us...just remember to bring a raincoat!

joycenalex
01-05-2008, 07:49 PM
the humom has been in the house way too long, and us two. can you send the mobile crates to ka-lumm-bus? we need a road trip wags, alex the wondering bout australia, and princess peanut who would like cee to the southern cross

sparks19
01-06-2008, 12:50 AM
WELL it's not very exotic or exciting but we may be buying a house that has 4 bedrooms and a room over the garage :D and lots of room in the house other than bedrooms lol

Lancaster Country is Amish country so not really a thrill seekers haven by any means but still fun to me :D

AND it has 1.3 acres for pets to run free... and I have two dogs that will happily greet them :D haha

Lilith Cherry
01-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh great! Please dont forget to come to Southern China for Chinese New Year fun.... lots of good food , firecrackers and lanterns, and lovely flowers. The weather will be kind, around 80 f, so bring your swimsuits for a paddle in the South China Sea!

Lizzie
01-06-2008, 03:14 AM
There's a Boeing Dreamlifter sitting on the tarmac only a mile away from where I live. If we could persuade the test pilots that they need a vacation in Australia too (not difficult considering our weather right now) that cargo plane would have masses of room for all of us to lounge about amongst our pets - you just have to bring your own lounging materials.

Barbara
01-06-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm so sorry you will start in the west direction instead of coming here, but yes, Christmas markets are over and the weather will be nicer at Bondi Beach ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-06-2008, 06:47 AM
We would love to snorkle in (on??) the Barrier Reef!! Our meowmie told us it is beautiful on Green Island, and that she saw hundreds of fish under the water! We all LOVE fish , yummie yummie!!

the Gabriels Girls

ps. Our Snoopy won't need flippers, her huge feet are big enough already :p ;)

gini
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Gosh everyone, I really didn't drop out - but before I can leave on a vacation I just gotta finish this work.

Randi was helping me book a plane and if she succeeds there will be plenty of room for everyone including all of our pets.

Everyone who signs up will be included - and if there are delays - well that happens - no one will be left behind.

New Zealand? - You betcha - we will swing south to visit you Carole, but only if you promise to join us on the rest of the adventure.

I think I will need help with the food - so we can provide our wishes.
Are there any particular wants or dislikes?

The way today is going, I think I want to take the rest of 2008 OFF!

RICHARD
01-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Contractor Lockheed-Georgia Co.
Power Plant Four General Electric TF39-GE-1C turbofan engines.
Thrust 41,000 pounds (18,450 kilograms), each engine.
Length 247 feet, 10 inches (75.3 meters).
Height At Tail 65 feet, 1 inch (19.8 meters).
Maximum Takeoff Weight 769,000 pounds (346,500 kilograms).
Maximum Wartime Takeoff Weight 840,000 pounds (378,000 kilograms).
Takeoff/Landing Distances 12,200 feet (3,697 meters) takeoff fully loaded;
4,900 feet (1485 meters) land fully loaded.
Wingspan 222 feet, 9 inches (67.9 meters).
Stabilizer Span 68 feet, 9 inches (20.8 meters).
Cargo Compartment Height 13 feet, 6 inches (4.10 meters); width 19 feet (5.76 meters).
Range 5,940 miles (5,165 nautical miles) empty.
Ceiling 34,000 feet (10,303 meters) with a 605,000-pound (272,250-kilogram) load.
Speed 541 mph (Mach 0.72)
Load 291,000 pounds (130,950 kilograms) maximum wartime payload.
Accommodations Upper deck seats 73 passengers; forward upper deck seats six, a relief crew of seven, and eight mail or message couriers. The flight deck has work stations for the entire crew. The upper deck's forward and rear compartments have galleys for food preparation and lavatories.
Sensors An automatic trouble-shooting system constantly monitors more than 800 test points in the various subsystems of the C-5. The Malfunction Detection Analysis and Recording System uses a digital computer to identify malfunctions in replaceable units. Failure and trend information is recorded on magnetic tape for analysis by maintenance people.
Unit Cost C-5A, $163.4 million; C-5B, $167.7 million
Crew Six (pilot, co-pilot, two flight engineers, two loadmasters)

Who needs an airbus?

pitc9
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
*waves* Hey, can I still get on board??

I'll be sure to pack a few barf bags for Buddy, he doesn't travel well. :o

cyber-sibes
01-08-2008, 08:51 AM
You'll have to fly by the East Coast at some point if you're picking up Karen & Miss Hoppy -- we'll make a big "X" in our yard with white stones so you can find us too.... provided Jack doesn't go moving all the white stones! (that boy has a talent for "earthmoving" :rolleyes: )

Pawsitive Thinking
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Hope you find time to visit me in the UK!

gini
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Hope you find time to visit me in the UK!

Visit you? Heck no, we are going to swing by and pick you up - you better start packing!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Visit you? Heck no, we are going to swing by and pick you up - you better start packing!

**chucks essentials into case**

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Oooo Gini, where should I wait? I may not be able to bring the girls with me - they are not very good travellers - unless the plane has windows that can be opened??

gini
01-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Oooo Gini, where should I wait? I may not be able to bring the girls with me - they are not very good travellers - unless the plane has windows that can be opened??

Windows that can be opened - hmmmm - I'll ask:D

slick
01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
OK, I'm finally all packed and ready to go. I'm so excited. When do we take off???:D

cassiesmom
01-08-2008, 05:35 PM
I would LOVE to see Australia and Lilith cherry in China. I would also like to visit Killearn Kitties in Scotland, Maya and Inka, Zazou and Snoopy and their mum in Belgium, and Kitty Cats Delight in Italy; Whiskluva and the hammies, ChrisH, Bob and Ebby; Brody's mum and the dogs; and on my way back from there a stop in the eastern part of Canada to pet Fritz and at least a few nights at the Found Cats Hotel! Whew! That's a lot of places!

Killearn Kitties
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I would LOVE to see Australia and Lilith cherry in China. I would also like to visit Killearn Kitties in Scotland, Maya and Inka, Zazou and Snoopy and their mum in Belgium, and Kitty Cats Delight in Italy; Whiskluva and the hammies, ChrisH, Bob and Ebby; Brody's mum and the dogs; and on my way back from there a stop in the eastern part of Canada to pet Fritz and at least a few nights at the Found Cats Hotel! Whew! That's a lot of places!
But doesn't it sound a WONDERFUL tour??? Oooooo let's do it!

Edwina's Secretary
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM

I realize Southern California isn't much to see after you've lived in Chicago but at least you could rest here! :D ;) :D

zippy-kat
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Can Summer and I come? If not, will anyone stop by for a visit? (Miss Hiss would love to have everyone for tea. lol)

Sonia59
01-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh yes, Australia is perfect! I am ready too and would love to meet everyone! :)

Gracefulsarah
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
*waves* Oh, me too! me too! I would love to see Australia. :cool: And I'm in Southern California too, so it would only be one stop to pick up me and Edwina's Secretary. Woohoo! :D

Randi
01-10-2008, 10:17 AM
It seems that some kitties are ready to go - but where's all the humans? Could it be that they're stuck in the Bar? :D

Now, get a move on, and don't forget your passposts! ;)

slick
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh my, just look at all those excited kitties ready to go. Who can I recognize??

Fister
Edster
Lady Edwina
Mr. Eddie
Is that Moff's Chester?
One of KK's grey kitties - I can never tell them apart:rolleyes:
Can't forgot black and white Samantha

I'm afraid Max is going to stay home. He doesn't travel well and besides, I think he may be having a party while I'm gone. :cool:

Oh Australia, I can hardly wait. :D

Sonia59
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh Peppito and jasmine have seen all the empty seats! They are gone to pack their luggage!

gini
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Randi, I cannot believe you have gotten all of our kitties to behave so well! How did you manage to get them all to stay in their seats?

I am having a bit of a problem here. Rascal is all packed and ready to go - he even has an Aussie hat to wear. But Emma doesn't want to go if Annie goes. There are days when they just don't get along too well. I am afraid to report that the trouble maker is usually Annie. She is quite willful and wants a WINDOW SEAT - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! And she mumbled something about wanting to stop over in Hawaii or Fiji on the way.

carole
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Ash and lexie and nikki are keen as mustard to go,(although Nikki is a bit worried about leaving her mum behind as they have never been apart before,) but they want to know where we are going when you stop by in NZ to pick us up, Ellie is gonna stay home with Daddy and Melissa, she would just find it too stressful,all very excited. :) :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
How nicely Eddie and Edwina are sitting together. Watch out...it won't last!

Miss Z
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
and Mz Z

Yay! :D

You are all most welcome to pay a visit to Lancashire and have four rodents jump around on your shoulders and lap and head. :p