PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Starr Update!!!

krazyaboutkatz
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi, I thought I'd let you all know that Starr is doing extemely well these days.:D He had another holistic vet visit today and he's doing so well that the vet didn't do the typical accupunture treatment on him. Instead she did an injectable accupunture treatment. She injected vitamin B12 into the areas where he would normally get his accupunture needles. He also doesn't need to be seen until May 4th.:D

Storm goes back to see her in mid Feb. and will hopefully be able to be weaned back to 1 Calm Spirit Teapill a day instead of 2. At this time we'll also discuss Starr. If Starr is still doing well and hasn't had any more accidents then he may be able to start taking 2.5mg of prednisolone every other day instead of every day:) I'm now able to crush up the pill into his food so there's no stress in giving it to him.

I also asked her about Sky's allergy problem. She said the best thing to use on him would be a vaporizer. I have one that I used on my RB Pepper years ago. I guess I should try to find it and dig it out. She also said that the car ride he had to the vets could've helped to clear up his nasal passages because of some technical term which I forgot and also due to stress. She said that there are also Chinese herbs that could help him but she'd have to see him first. At this time I'd rather not have her see him because with my luck she wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with him and she's also very expensive.

Any way, that's the latest news. Thanks for reading.:)

AmberLee
01-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Yippee, what a great update!

Medusa
01-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Now that's the kind of news I like! :)

jazzcat
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
That is great!! I'm so glad to hear Starr is doing so well. I hope Storm has as a great of a visit with her.

Please let us know how the vaporizer does for Sky.

Randi
01-06-2008, 02:50 PM
That's good news, I'm so glad Starr is doing so well, and I hope Storm can go back to one pill instead of two. Hopefully, the vaporizer will do the trick for Sky!

krazyaboutkatz
01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks for all of the nice replies.:) The vaporizer seems to help Sky some but I can still hear him breathing from across the room sometimes. It almost sounds like the cooing of a dove except that it's a lower tone. Storm gets his pills in pill pockets so he thinks he's getting special treats everyday. I think he'll miss being able to take his 2 pills daily.;)

Catty1
01-06-2008, 04:35 PM
KAK - there's a thread in Cat General about tons of dust and stuff - some people have filtered their vents (if they have forced air heat) to filter out dust. That might help - in addition to a furnace and duct cleaning.

I used to use a layer or two of cheesecloth. The air still got through, but the dust didn't.

Might help Sky?

If you can rent a carpet cleaner cheaply (or borrow one), maybe give the rug a once-over. I know you are getting rid of it, but this might help in the meantime.

Good news on Starr! Hope Sky feels better soon, and the Storm needs to change his name! :)

lvpets2002
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
;) Hurray for the Great News Starr.. All furr purr paws up..

Felicia's Mom
01-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for posting the good updates for Starr, Storm and Sky. I hope they all continue to do better.

Freedom
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Way to go, Starr!