PDA

View Full Version : For Better or Worse - Jan 3 - the day after NYE :-)

Catty1
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
http://www.uclick.com/feature/08/01/03/fb080103.gif

cassiesmom
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
FBorFW! The first comic strip I read every day! Love it!

gini
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I had trouble getting into their site - really slow. Did anyone else have trouble?
Then the cartoons weren't up to date.

And I really don't want Liz to marry Anthony. Anyone else agree? She deserves better.

(I can't believe I am so involved in a cartoon!!)

Purr-tender
01-03-2008, 05:52 PM
FBOW is the only comic strip I read daily, too. Just love it. I really relate to Elly.
I've had trouble with it online lately, also.

Cookiebaker
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I had trouble getting into their site - really slow. Did anyone else have trouble?

And I really don't want Liz to marry Anthony. Anyone else agree? She deserves better.

Nooo, I definitely want Liz to marry Anthony....they are perfect together, and have a longtime friendship/relationship (not just about romancy kissy stuff). (maybe I feel that way because Mark & I had a similar relationship growing up ;) :D

Catty1
01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
I think Liz and Anthony would be a good match...he has been loyal. Maybe he is not 'exciting' - but look what happened with all the exciting dweebs she dated!

Anthony is someone a woman could LIVE with, as opposed to date! ;)

He has raised a daughter on his own, redone his house, has a stable job - and if Liz can love someone like that, having known him for so long, they oughta do it.

I guess I have had my share of 'exciting' guys and they were SO not worth it!

Cookiebaker
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM

p.s. Gini, I just saw this on their site now which mihgt explain the slowness. :)

Intermittent Technical Difficulties
Posted: January 2, 2008 | News Bites Home

Happy New Year to our website guests! We are experiencing minor technical difficulties - you may have noticed that our site has been intermittently offline in recent days. Please bear with us while we resolve our server problem - we expect everything to be back to normal soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Freedom
01-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I read it diligently daily here. Yes, I do think they should marry. I couldn't believe they didn't marry way back when! I guess Liz had to learn more about herself. I think Anthony wanted to marry her even back before his first marriage. Candace, I think you explained it well, the dweebs and the consistent guys.

gini
01-03-2008, 09:17 PM
p.s. Gini, I just saw this on their site now which mihgt explain the slowness. :)

Thanks so much for this information. I start out each morning looking at that cartoon and catching up. I was worried that all of the recent changes at their studio had messed up their website too.

I guess I just hate to see Liz become a stepmother. The little girl is always going to want her "real" Mom - and that will impact her relationship with Liz
and their marriage too.

Did you all know that Lynn Johnston's husband walked out for another woman?
I read that it really threw Lynn for a loop...............I think she is in her late 50's.

Next to Pet Talk - that is my other addiction.:D

Catty1
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
LYNN'S HUBBY WALKED OUT????

ETA: Found it... :(

http://www.nowpublic.net/people/better-or-worse-cartoonist-divorce

'For Better Or For Worse' Cartoonist To Divorce
by jr | November 19, 2007 at 01:54 am

It wasn't for better or for worse after all. Lynn Johnston whose "For Better Or For Worse" comic strip is based on life with her husband, Rod Johnston, and their two children, intends to divorce.

"He fell in love with somebody else," the cartoonist known to a hundred million newspaper readers across North America, told the Chicago Tribune. "It had been over a long period of time," she said, pausing and adding that it had come as a surprise to her. In fact, she had been planning her retirement to spend more time with her retired dentist husband. Instead he left in April 2007 and she expects to be divorced by April of next year.

In an interview with CBC on Nov. 2, 2007, Johnston was asked about the separation. "I can't believe it happened, but it did," she said, holding back tears, not entirely successfully. "People change...feelings change," said Johnston, now roughly sixty years old, adding that all you can do is wish the other person well. Straining to keep her voice stable, she said the separation was being handled with "graciousness" and "care". But she admitted it had been "tough".

Johnston's children have not disappointed her though. "I'm just thrilled with my children, the fact that they are adults and they're not in jail," she said laughing. The fact that Kate and Aaron are both "my best friends" makes her feel as though she succeeded as a parent. She describes them as "happy, mature, strong, wonderful people." Kate is an art student and Aaron, she said, is doing well in a career that he started on his own. She raised both her children with Rod Johnston, although her son Aaron was a product of her first marriage.

Johnston, who was raised in North Vancouver, lives in Corbeil in northern Ontario, Canada. She moved there with her children and husband who became a flying dentist with his own plane.

In recent years, Johnston has developed a neurological disorder which at times causes tremors in her arm. For that reason she has an assistant to help with drawings for her comic strip. [Update: Since this article was posted, Johnston said in a December interview with CBC's George Strombopoulous that her condition was in remission, an occurrence which she called "wonderful".]

Johnston is winding down her comic strip for which she had a 20 year contract. She feels out of touch with "the new electronic age and all the new vocabulary...and the way kids dress and talk." She fears she would begin to come across like a 60 year old who didn't know what she was talking about.

gini
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I know that I read about it this last year - so it is a recent event.

If you go on the website and rummage around - I think you could find the details.

I can't look right now - but I will research it later when I have some more time.

cassiesmom
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/strips/2008/january/j2b/080107gew.gif