PDA

View Full Version : Sub freezing temps here

Hellow
01-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Hello all, i can tell that a cold front went through us because its currently 15*F here at 4:22 AM. Now i see why my dad was worried about our pipes freezing and busting! Our little kitten that we have been feeding ever since we moved here has a strip light pumpkin covered with 2 coats with a little opening for it to get into on. Stick your hand in there and it feels like Arizona!

Gin
01-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi, Reggie! Yup, it's definitely winter. We had a windchill factor of -20 yesterday. I feel bad for all the homeless animals when it's this cold, and I'm so glad to hear you've set up a cozy winter shelter for that little kitten!

Hang in there, eventually spring will come.

Hellow
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi, Reggie! Yup, it's definitely winter. We had a windchill factor of -20 yesterday. I feel bad for all the homeless animals when it's this cold, and I'm so glad to hear you've set up a cozy winter shelter for that little kitten!

Hang in there, eventually spring will come.

Yep, it is. We originally had 2 kittens and the mom cat, the other kitten dissapeared one day, the mom cat a few days later. So we are taking good care of this one to make sure that it survives! We would bring it indoors with us but we are a fraid that it would either give some kind of virus to reggie, get in a fight with reggie (pretty unlikely, she runs from anything that scares her lol), try to get Little Bit (also unlikely cause he lives on my beds headboard), or just make the house smell bad because we dont have a litterbox and the cat is not fixed (yet, if we start making more money we will get it fixed).

KittyGurl
01-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Today it was 10 degress, but with the wind chill it felt like in the negitives. I just hate it when its cold sometimes espacially at school cause they won't let us inside during lunch. I love the snow and being able to ski. :D Right now, there is no snow in Philadelphia, but the Pocono's has tons so me and my dad go up there for a weekend and go skiing.

Hellow
01-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I just hate it when its cold sometimes espacially at school cause they won't let us inside during lunch.

WHy wont they?

KittyGurl
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
WHy wont they?

We just got a new principal and she doesn't really do anything if people are bad. The 7th graders have lunch when we do and some of the boys have a problems with them and they get into fights so their solution was to keep us outside in the school yard while the 7th graders get to stay inside. :rolleyes:

Freedom
01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
We had a "high" today of 16*!!! I wasn't planning to go out at ALL, but had to run Suga to the vet.

Ozzy didn't approve of the temps either. He waited for HOURS in between trips outside. Lacey thought it was terrific! She expected me to be out there throwing the ball most of the day, lol.

shepgirl
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
We've been having cold freezing snowy weather here also. Already anxious for spring.