PDA

View Full Version : Do you take your pet shopping in the pet store?

Former User
08-13-2002, 01:59 PM
Shortly, nope! Would not be a good idea, Casper would wreck everything! And eat the treats... :rolleyes:

Pam
08-13-2002, 02:50 PM
I would never take Trevor and Andy. To them a trip in the car is a trip to the vet's and they would immediately be filled with terror. :D They would much rather lounge around at home and wait for the goodies to be brought to them!

I keep planning to take Bella but have not gotten around to it yet. I had hesitated because I knew she would be wanting to pull and tug me through the store to meet all of the other pupsters. Now with the Halti I have no excuse since she is a good girl when she has that on. One of these days....

Rachel
08-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Yes, both mine get to go occasionally but not at the same time unless my DH takes one and I the other. They manage quite well and if Hannah sees a BIG dog that intimidates her, she just pretends it is not there and will not look at it. That seems to work well for her. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-13-2002, 04:31 PM
NO! They'd want everything they saw!:D

Pam
08-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Hannah sees a BIG dog that intimidates her, she just pretends it is not there and will not look at it.

Oh Hannah you are a riot! What a character! I guess you have seen the commercial that says "never let them see you sweat" and really took it to heart. ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Casper would wreck everything! And eat the treats... :rolleyes:

LOL LOL LOL!!!
Niina that was too funny!!

I took Tinky and Jupiter to Petsmart once to have them fitted for their harnesses. Tinky was soooo scared and Jupiter did good. I don't think I will take them back though... at least not together... or unless the hubby goes to help.;)

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Yes, we do and they love it!!! I did make the mistake of taking them both by myself one time, when I was buying a 20lb bag of food. I survived, but from now on, if they both go, Ralph goes with me :)

moosmom
08-14-2002, 04:08 PM
I sure do! My Sphynx MooShoo LOVES going to rides in the car. When I took my two girls to have their vaccinations at Petco, Moo came along and everyone wanted to pet him. He is a real people cat and loves the attentions. The rest of them stay home waiting for me to bring them a new treat.

anna_66
08-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Last time, Huney got to go, her 1st time! Of course she was really nervous, and getting the cart, forget it! So we just walked around for about 15 minutes or so, trying to get her to meet people and not be afraid, then I took her to the car, and went back in & got what I needed. She was happy to be back in the car!
But Angus & Roxey.....they LOVE it! Roxey can't wait to get in the door, she goes nuts! And Angus, he just is mellow like always. I can push the cart and both of them walk beside it and not be afraid. And the only problem we have is when we see another dog (not too often) and have Angus along. But as long as we keep walking past them, he pretty much ignores them.
But I love taking them, it's as much fun for me as it is for them!

C.C.'s Mom
08-16-2002, 09:21 AM
All the time!

Well, the cats don't, but Cookie does. She loves it. She gets yammie biscuits and lovely treats from the guy that works there. I normally put Cookie in a shopping trolley so that I can easily move around. Can you imagine how it looks like? A big white Golden in a (European size, so relatively small) trolley looking around with a smile and a tongue that almost reaches the floor? Everybody stops and looks and pets her and ask me where they can get a dog like that.

Aspen and Misty
08-19-2002, 07:33 PM
The cats don't go. Gee Hoss and Buddy would run away and smokey would be like I NEED this and this and this and this :rolleyes: . Cats, lol. Chewy and Teddy go when we don't need to go back in the back where they aren't aloud. And Melony and Hope go almost everytiem the dogs dont' go as they are aloud everywhere.

Ash

lovemymaltese
08-21-2002, 03:09 PM
I have taken Tango to Petsmart of several occasions, he likes to ride in the buggy. Everyone always, awwws at him. He is so small and innocent looking.