PDA

View Full Version : Mollie June

nancys
01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Mollie June had 4 babies during the night and early Monday. She had two when I woke up Monday morning and when I came home about noon Monday she had two more. Sadly, one of my other cats (Buttermilk) got in the basket with them yesterday and killed one. I think he thought it was a mouse or something to eat. I hate that it happened. After that happened yesterday Mollie went up to him and swatted him - then 2 or 3 times after that she got him around the neck and was biting him. When I seen her do that last night she actually looked like she was trying to drag him. I'm sure she knew that he had hurt one of her babies - it's odd though because Buttermilk is actually one of her kittens from the last litter.

Other news, I gave my dog Jake to an agency who puts dogs and cats up for adoption. I was going to be gone for 10 days over Christmas and thought instead of taking him to the vet for boarding, that was a good time to give him away. I'm gone so much and he sometimes doesn't get the attention he needs or wants. I feel bad and/or guilty though. Jake was a birthday present for my son when he turned 13. Now he hasn't lived at home for 3 years, but I still had Jake. He is a good dog - very loyal. Hi sonly bad point is he likes to jump on people. I think that comes from not getting attention though. It's so hard to give up animals, isn't it? Sometimes, I wonder why we have them to begin with, because it breaks your heart when something happens to them.

Karen
01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Awww, so sad for that one kitten. Yes, giving up an animal is a very hard thing to do, but it sounds like it was the right thing for Jake.

We have pets because the pain they cause us when they leave is far outweighed by the joy they give us while they are here.

nancys
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm going to tell a Jake story. My son has seizures and one summer probably 4 years ago, he was outdoors riding his scooter and ended up getting too hot and having a seizure. He was a few houses up from where we live laying on the sidewalk with Jake the dog laying right there beside him like he was protecting him. Another time I was sick and laying on the couch - Jake was right beside the couch watching over me to make sure I was OK. I've known for quite awhile that he should probably be somewhere where he can get a lot of attention, but what I've wrote about above has made the decision very hard to make.

catmandu
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Sam And Precious Have Adoped That Little Kitten And Will Raise Samson To Be Thier Eternal Kitten .
We Pray That Those Remaining Kittens Will Have Furrever Homes And Your Dog Will Find Someone Who Will Have The Time To Love Him And Make Him Part Of Thier Family.