PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Mesh Destruction - part II

RICHARD
01-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I came home from work and walked past my mom's house when I hear her say,
"someone is here waiting for you!!!!"

Ed D. is sleep on her recliner.....

----------

My sister brought him in from the yard....he was hissing at the dogs, who always want to do the "dog introduction" - "Dude, cats don't sniff each other's rear ends!" and hissing at her......

I went in, spied on the Edster and went to my house and saw that he tore out the screen, again...

He broke the nylon zip ties that held the metal screen to the door, I added a screen to the top portion of the door because he stands on the recliner, reaches across and steps on the metal cross piece and begins his attack on the door....he ripped thru the mesh, loosened the screws in the top hinge....when the screws got loose previously, i put toothpicks into the old holes and replaced the short screws with longer ones.... :rolleyes: that did not work.

Anyway. That was his last Steve McQueen attempt for the old year.....what does '08 promise?

catfamily
01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
He's a real tough little guy.Great he has so much energy :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-01-2008, 03:44 PM
My sister brought him in from the yard ...

... and saw that he tore out the screen, again ...

He broke the nylon zip ties that held the metal screen to the door ...
... he stands on the recliner ... and begins his attack on the door ...
he ripped thru the mesh ...
loosened the screws in the top hinge ...

... what does '08 promise?

YIPES!

I'd start by taking his tool belt and locking it up!

:eek:

critter crazy
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
You know richard, they sell cat proof screens at the hardware store!:D

RICHARD
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
You know richard, they sell cat proof screens at the hardware store!:D

The screen I added to the top is one of those metal grids!

I just zip tied it to the door frame-it needs to be screwed in-I just haven't had a chance to pull the door off the frame and do some PM to it.

I have to replace the handle, fix the jamb, drill and screw in the grill and maybe send Ed to Germany with Kirsten.

He can do the demolition for her home improvement projects! :D

catmandu
01-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I GAVE UP ON THE SCREENS RICHARD AS MICHAEL KEPT RIPPING THEM APART WITH HELP FROM THE MOOSE . THIS OF COURSE WAS YEARS AGO.
AND I HAD MY CONTRACTOR PUT UP A LATTICE ENCLOSURE ABOUT 10 X 7, SO THEY CAN GO OUT WITHOUT ESCAPING. IT WAS ABOUT 250 DOLLARS, BUT WELL WORTH IT!!!!
I WILL HAVE TO FIND THAT PHOTO I TOOK OF IT.
:) :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :cool: ;) :cool: :D :cool:

Freedom
01-01-2008, 06:04 PM
It may be cheaper, in the LONG run, to do away with the screen door and put in central air.

Thank your lucky stars sis and mom can cope when Ed D. is on the move!