PDA

View Full Version : not a fun way to start 2008

davidpizzica
01-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Last night I watched the ball drop at midnight about an hour and a half later I woke up to one of my patented hot flashes (a side effect my blood thinner medicine) and now I have a good start on a chest cold! I hope 2008 goes better than this.

Gin
01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I already replied to your later thread, but I'll post a reply to this one too. I hope you're feeling better. I also hope 2008 goes well and this is not an omen of things to come.

I didn't get sick on January 1, but I did get pulled over for speeding. Fortunately, the traffic cop was nice and let me off with a warning.

The hot flashes sound like a strange side effect of medication. Could you adjust the dosage? Just a thought.

Gin
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
One more thing: What is the Land of the Three Rivers?

davidpizzica
01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I already replied to your later thread, but I'll post a reply to this one too. I hope you're feeling better. I also hope 2008 goes well and this is not an omen of things to come.

I didn't get sick on January 1, but I did get pulled over for speeding. Fortunately, the traffic cop was nice and let me off with a warning.

The hot flashes sound like a strange side effect of medication. Could you adjust the dosage? Just a thought.
Hi, Gin! My dosage has been adjusted a few times and I still get them. It is a weird side effect. I felt much better today than I felt in the past 2 days. I'm still a little congested, but at least I can breathe better and I was able to go to work. 2007 wasn't my greatest year because I was hospitalised twice, once because of a serious car accident and another time to find out that I had Atrial Fibrillation hence the coumadin which causes the hot flashes. It's a blood thinner. As for the land of the Three Rivers, I got tired of spelling Pittsburgh where two rivers meet to form the Ohio river. Pittsburgh is built around all three rivers.

carole
01-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Here is hoping you are on the mend soon bro, and yes i do hope 2008 holds much better things in store for you, you deserve a good year, take care , thinking of you, HUGS.http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GETWELLSOON.gif

davidpizzica
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Here is hoping you are on the mend soon bro, and yes i do hope 2008 holds much better things in store for you, you deserve a good year, take care , thinking of you, HUGS.http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GETWELLSOON.gif
Sis, I'm feeling about 75% better today than I did the past two days. I'm still coughing a little, but most of the congestion is gone. Hopefully this year I won't have to spend time as a patient in a hospital. That is barring anymore car accidents! Thanks for thinkng of me, Sis. {{{{HUGS}}}}

davidpizzica
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Sis, I'm feeling about 75% better today than I did the past two days. I'm still coughing a little, but most of the congestion is gone. Hopefully this year I won't have to spend time as a patient in a hospital. That is barring anymore car accidents! Thanks for thinking of me, Sis. {{{{HUGS}}}}