PDA

View Full Version : Please meet my *temporary* guest

AdoreMyDogs
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh..........my..............goodness is this dog adorable. My sister in law has been seeing him by the road for a few days now, she today pulled over and got him because he was in the middle of the road. My guess is that he was a Christmas gift that went wrong. As cute as he is, I can't wait to be rid of him hehe. We may have him until Friday, but I'm hoping he leaves sooner. My neighbor is going to adopt him, but she's out of town until the end of this week. We'll check the want adds in the newspaper, but I doubt someone will be looking for him.

My sister in law said he was a full blood basset, but I see a little beagle in him maybe. He's deffinately got the basset legs, they're short and knobby, and his body is long like a basset, but his ears aren't as long as some basset pups I've seen. Regardless, he's a doll but he's a handful hehe.

Here's "Sherlock". I'm not sure what his new name will be when his new mommy takes him, but I've named him Sherlock because he's here for a week or so and I can't NOT have a name for him.

He's cute, huh?
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1759.jpg?t=1199161817

Touching noses with Boone
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1750.jpg?t=1199161857

Too cute for words...arrrooooooo
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1748.jpg?t=1199161893

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1752.jpg?t=1199161940

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1756.jpg?t=1199161993

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1757.jpg?t=1199478836

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1760.jpg?t=1199162612

My neighbor hasn't met him yet, but she's been looking for a dog and I'm hoping she likes him when she meets him. Otherwise I will have to find another home for him quick. It's not easy having a baby, two big dogs, and a puppy. She told me she'd take him but she hasn't met him yet. She fell in love with his pictures. Wish me luck that when she meets him she'll fall in love :)

I'm going to see if I can have him fully crate trained by then, and I'm of course going to work on his housebreaking. Phew, puppies are a LOT of work.

Karen
12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh my goodness he is completely adorable! Thank goodness she rescued him!

Queen of Poop
12-31-2007, 11:34 PM
He's totally adorable. Such a keeper!!

Lady's Human
12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Can I steal him? :p

(I even know where Wichita Falls is.........heckuva drive from NY, but he's CUTE!)

molucass
01-01-2008, 01:08 AM
That puppy is sooo cute..
I bet he was someones Christmas present.

I would post up lost and found signs and etc., before giving him away.

K9karen
01-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Seriously, only a ticker that needs fixin' would keep anyone from NOT falling in love with this cutie! How adorable! Thanks for puppysitting although you have your hands full. I hope and pray he becomes your new neighbor!

kallisto4529
01-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Oh my goodness he is precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can just send him to me...lol

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2008, 04:43 AM
Oh my goodness! He is too cute! Bless your SIL for saving him and you for keeping him for your neighbor. I can't imagine your neighbor not liking him! :D

moosmom
01-01-2008, 07:23 AM
TEMPORARY guest?? :rolleyes: Yeah right. Define temporary, girl. ;)

What a cutie!! *taps foot, rubs chin, ponders* Temporary?? Uh-huh.

Daisy and Delilah
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
It's a good thing I don't live close by, he would be coming home with me and living with two Chihuahuas!! ;) He is soooooooooo adorable!! I love his little pawsies :D

Freedom
01-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Oooh, poor wittle thing, by the road side? WHATEVER happened for this sweet face to be there in the first place, and to be there so long with no one stopping? So happy your SIL got him before he got hit!

From what you know of your neighbor, and of the breed, do you think it is a good match?

A baby AND a puppy? Oh boy, yes, that WOULD be a lot of work, you are so wonderful to even do it for a short time! Keep taking pics while he is with you!

Varga
01-01-2008, 11:31 AM
That has got to be the cutest little puppy I have ever seen.
Hope he finds a new home soon :)

lizbud
01-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Awww, what a sweetie. :D Look at his little legs & that sweet little face.
I do hope your neighbor takes him in. He sure is a cutie pie. :)

BC_MoM
01-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh my gosh.... that is the sweetest thing I've EVER seen! CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

caseysmom
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
He is adorable, somebody could be broken hearted I would post flyers but I would make them describe him he looks purebred and someone may just say he is theirs.

AdoreMyDogs
01-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I've been checking the lost adds in the paper and have notified the animal control and Humane Society. Sofar no one is making an effort to find him. The Lost and Found adds are free in the paper to post. If someone makes an effort to find him that's wonderful. If they don't make the effort, I really can't imagine they want him back that bad. Maybe that's just cruel, but if it were my dog and I lost it, I'd be making every effort to find it.

shais_mom
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
poor little guy!
BOY is he CUTE tho!!!

Alysser
01-01-2008, 01:59 PM
He's precious! I am so glad he was picked up, though. He is so tiny, he could have been hit by a car very easily. :( Who would abandon a puppy? People make me sick. At least he will get very good home very soon. Love the Arroo picture! :D

cyber-sibes
01-01-2008, 02:05 PM
I can't imagine losing someone as cute as he is & not be searching for him hi & low every minute till he was found! I hope he gets a really wonderful home - he is really adorable! Look at those eyes & those pawsies!
Star & Jack Jack say "A-rooooooo right back at cha!"

IRescue452
01-01-2008, 02:12 PM
He's adorable!! Puppies are a pain though. I would like an adult basset hound eventually, maybe 7 years old before I get it.

lute
01-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm so glad your SIL picked him up! He could have been run over! Good luck finding him a home, although he looks happy as a clam there with you already.

WELOVESPUPPIES
01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Too cute for words...arrrooooooo
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1748.jpg?t=1199161893

Oh my gosh, you're not kidding. Look at this little face. It reminds me of the Fox and the hound, I can just hear him Arrooorooo.

Ginger's Mom
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
He is very cute. I love the picture above. I hope he gets a great home.

Lori Jordan
01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
What a cute little boy you are,I love the photo of him talking...I just love there little bellies...!

pitc9
01-02-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh...my... goodness is RIGHT!
How on EARTH could anyone dump that cutie pie!!
The picture that WELOVEPUPPIES reposted is THE Cutest!!!

Thanks for taking him in and finding a home for him!

moosmom
01-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Anyone check to see if he is microchipped???

cassiesmom
01-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I hope Quinn will have a ton of fun with Sherlock while he is your guest! He's such a cutie pie!

AdoreMyDogs
01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Quinn and Sherlock aren't allowed to play together because Sherlock, being the puppy he is, sees the world as a giant chewie toy....babies included. Sherlock only gets to play in the house when little Miss Quinn is asleep.

He's such a little heart-breaker that puppy. He's got the sweetest, cuddliest little temperment.

My neighbor, it turns out, is not wanting Sherlock, as she's got a 13 month old and it would be too much for her to handle (I totally understand that) but......there may be a surprise in store for Sherlock and NO I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT keeping him. Will update more once I find out more...but Sherlock may be added to the PT family (oh I hope I hope I hope)
.........to be continued..............

kimlovescats
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Other than his big feet and short legs, I see more Beagle in him! He is absolutely ADORABLE! Good luck with the "temporary" thing! :p

lizbud
01-03-2008, 06:19 PM
......there may be a surprise in store for Sherlock and NO I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT keeping him. Will update more once I find out more...but Sherlock may be added to the PT family (oh I hope I hope I hope)
.........to be continued..............

Fingers crossed here too. I hope he can stay in the PT family. :) He
seems like such a sweetheart & I love their deep barks.

angelbow20
01-03-2008, 06:40 PM
If you lived closer I would take him!!!! Well for my grandfather and uncle anyway... My pap says he is ready for a dog now and with my uncle living with him it would help alot. He is just the cutest thing ever!!!

ScottieMommy
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
He looks like a purebred Beagle to me, if it was me i would do whatever it takes to try to keep him, but i understand your situation. He is too cute for words and i agree i think he is also a Christmas present, i am glad you rescued him. He looks to be 3 months old, young.

jennielynn1970
01-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Ahhhhh.... melts into puddle on the floor. Just too sweet for words!

sparks19
01-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh he is too cute... I adore him.

AdoreMyDogs
01-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Here's a few more pics, I figure no one can possibly get sick of puppy pics. He's still doing good, he got his first shots and dewormer today. As cute as he is, I still am very much looking forward to him finding his forever home :)

Hopefully it will still work out that he stays in the PT family. There's a PTer that has contacted me and is wanting to take a road trip to adopt him. He's quite irresistible I must say. He's just darling and I think he's going to make a really nice dog.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1771.jpg?t=1199479112

Boone absolutely loves him, Kersey is starting to like him, but he alters the dynamics of my pack and I think Kersey is upset that he's here.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1780.jpg?t=1199479138

Every time I bend down to try to take a photo, he runs over to me and tries to plop in my lap. He's so affectionate, it's really cute.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Sherlock/DSCN1786.jpg?t=1199479206

pitc9
01-04-2008, 02:43 PM
You are right! NO ONE could ever get sick of puppy pictures!
He's the cutest!!!

AdoreMyDogs
01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Well it seems our little foster puppy has a home and a new name. His name, it appears, is now Woody and he's being adopted by our very own Jennie (Jenn Librarian) !!!

We're trying to get a transport set up for Woody, but in case the transport doesn't work out, Jennie will be driving over 20 hours to pick up Woody. Wow! She's been wanting a pup and waiting for the right one to find it's way into her life, and it appears little Woody is just what she's been looking for :)

Jennie will be driving out on the 18th of this month to get her new little guy if a transport can't be aranged sooner.

Yay!

shais_mom
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
oh wow!
how cool is that!
:D
CONGRATS! :D

krazyaboutkatz
01-07-2008, 11:36 AM
He's so adorable.:D Congrats Jenn!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that he'll be staying in the PT family. I hope that everything will work out.:)

pitc9
01-07-2008, 11:42 AM
YIPPEE!!
I'm SO happy he's going to be a PT puppy!
He's so dang blasted cute I can't wait to see pictures of him with Jenn!!

cassiesmom
01-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Sherlock Woody, you are just such a cutiepie! If we need to do a tag team transport to get you from Texas to jenn librarian, I hereby volunteer!

cyber-sibes
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
congratulations on your new home, Woody! And congratulations Jenn! He adorable, I'm glad we'll get to see pictures of him on PT!

Cincy'sMom
01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Congratulations Woody!

If you set up a transport through northern Ohio, let me know. I'd be happy to spend an hour or two with such a cute puppy!

ramanth
01-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Arrooo!!! What a sweetheart! Congrats Woody and Jenn. I bet you'll have a blast together. :D

Bless you and your SIL for saving him Leslie. :) *HUGS*

lizbud
01-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll bet Boone will miss his little buddy but, I'm so happy that he can stay in the PT family. :) He is just the cutest thing ever. Hi Woody. :)

jazzcat
01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
OMG! I'm in love!!!! I'm so happy Jennie will be adopting him so he will stay in the PT family.

As soon as I saw the pictures I started trying to figure out how far you are from my brother in Rockwall, TX. They already have a Blue Tick Coon Hound and his son who is also part Beagle. When they were here for Christmas they saw a Bassett for adoption at the pet store and fell in love but didn't get him. If it didn't work out for them I would have an excuse to drive down and adopt him myself, hehehe!!! I wish!!

gardengirl
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
A puppy fix is always good...for a while. I hope he finds a great home with your neighbor. Thanks for the great pictures; I needed a puppy fix, too!

K9karen
01-08-2008, 12:38 AM
JENN! JENN! JENN! Congrats on finding your forever dog! It's amazing how things work out! Can't wait for updates and more pictures! Careful driving.

anna_66
01-08-2008, 05:43 AM
How wonderful! Congratulations to you all:D

jennielynn1970
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
LOL! Gosh, I just fell in love with those pics! We had beagles when I was growing up, and German Shep. dogs too. I would love to have a BIG dog, but living in the city, I just don't think it's fair. I live about a 5 minute walk from a few parks, and a 5 minute drive from a bunch of others. PLUS... I grew up on a 100 acre farm, where my parents still live, and there's lots of running room there, and it's about a 30 minute drive from where I live now.

I'm trying to set up a transport with On The Road Again... but they are giving me a hassle because the pup isn't going from a rescue/shelter to a forever home. I've done dog and cat transports with them previously, so I was hoping they could help me out. :confused: Sigh.. still waiting to hear back from them on that.

If they can't help, it would be AWESOME if we could get a transport hooked up through PT. I mapped it out, and it's a 23hr drive to Wichita Falls from Allentown! I have a 1/2 day of work on the 18th, then the day off on the 21st, so I can pull a 48hr turn around. I've driven 19hrs non-stop before, and then stayed up and partied at a frat house in Mississippi, but I was a youngin' then, lol. :p ;)

Anyone feel like doing a transport?? :D

shais_mom
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I would be willing to help get him thru Oh if needed! Or if he is coming thru Columbus on the 19th at all - I'll be in that area (Marysville) and he could spend the nite with me until we'd meet up with the next leg on Sunday...
I just can't take any time off work for it and I have a family obligation on Saturday but I'll be in Marysville which is why I'd be willing to pick him up from there.

cassiesmom
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Sherlock Woody, you are just such a cutiepie! If we need to do a tag team transport to get you from Texas to jenn librarian, I hereby volunteer!

I just Mapquested and it looks like Woody's route might take him well south of Chicago. If that changes, though - give me a holler.

pitc9
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Jenn, I just started a thread dedicated to Woody's transport for ALL too see so we can get him to you asap!