PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened????

Daisylover
08-13-2002, 10:08 AM
Zippy,
Whatever happened with your friend who found all the baby bunnies....11 I think and all but 2 died?????

ilovehounds
08-13-2002, 02:37 PM
I think you might be talking about me :)

I have one bunny left and he is doing great. Im trying to get him off the bottle right now wich is a challange. He's eating solid foods and is happy and healthy. The mother has been spayed and is going to a new home on sat.

The babies name is now Benny and he is such a sweetheart, he thinks he's a dog but then again he was raised with one so I can see why he thinks that.

ChrisH
08-13-2002, 03:14 PM
What a good picture!!:D :D :D

Heather Wallace
08-13-2002, 04:23 PM
I hope you don't mind but i used this pic for my bunny site. It's great

zippy-kat
08-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Yup, I-luv-hounds was the person! Wonderful pic of Hannah and Benny, Angie!

delidog
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
oh...wait until you see the rest of ilovehounds photos!!!!they are always amazing!!!!

Ann
08-14-2002, 07:09 AM
Awww, that IS a super-cute picture :)

Daisylover
08-14-2002, 12:50 PM
Yes, that is a great photo and I am so very pleased to hear that Benny is doing well. You must be thrilled! He is absolutely adorable. So inspite of all the bad things that happened, some good did come from your rescue efforts. I am very happy for you.

ilovehounds
08-15-2002, 11:56 AM
You can use any pics you like, I love to share pictures.

I'll post some more and you can use any ones you want.

He is a sweet bunny a perfect pet for my niece if only I could part with him ...lol.. He's her bunny but he stays here with me. She's a little young to have a bunny all her own.

Does anyone know how I can get him off the bottle ? He's down to one bottle a day, just at night before bed. He doesn't drink much on his own so I don't want to just stop giving it to him.

ilovehounds
08-15-2002, 12:03 PM
my niece with Benny

popcornbird
08-15-2002, 12:08 PM
That little baby bunny is the cutest I've ever seen!!! OMG, its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!!! And tiny! You are so lucky to have that sweet little bunny. Please post more pictures! :D

Daisylover
08-15-2002, 12:10 PM
Both of the photos are sooo great!!!!! Thanks for sharing them.

I have no experience in weaning a baby off a bottle.... The only thing I know is that when changing food/hay/pellets that you are supposed to do it gradually over a period of days... with the old food being the main ingredient and the new one added in small, then eventually ever increasing amounts while the old food is slowly taken from the ration. Do that make sense? I'm not sure you can stop a bottle suddenly. You might call your vet for advice.

Good luck! Benny is absolutely adorable!!!!

zippy-kat
08-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Are you wanting Benny to switch to a "regular" water bottle (as opposed to a crock or bowl)?

If it's a "regular" bottle, the switch might be fairly easy. Try substituting the nightly bottle for the new bottle (do everything the exact same way--but with the nw bottle). If he doesn't drink much that way you can always switch back and forth until he gets the hang of it. A way to entice him to drink from the "new" bottle--try smearing a piece of banana or some pineapple juice on the end!

Hope that helps!