PDA

View Full Version : My Grandmother

Genny
12-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Today my grandma was at my uncle's house and as she was leaving she fell down his porch steps and broke her hip and shoulder...the anbulance had to come get her. Right now she is at the hospital--my brother and mo m are staying w/ her tonight. She is going to have to have surgery but they can't do it because she is on Plavix and they have to wait until that is out of her system. so if everyone can think of her when you pray we would all appreciate it so much. All of us grandkids call her Booboo and she is the best in the world to us...she does so much good for everyone...I will let ya''ll know more if I hear anything else...thankyou....so much....

Genny.

Pam
12-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Prayers for Booboo (what a cute name :) ) on the way. I hope she isn't in too much pain while she waits for her surgery.

ChrisH
12-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Healing prayers on the way for your precious Grandma. And I echo Pam in hoping that her pain isn't to great while she is waiting for the op.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Sending your dear grandma tons of healing vibes!! Don't worry to much, she will be better :) :)

ps. what is "Plavix"? Is it a bloodthinner? I am taking "Marevan", and always have to kick of it before I can have surgery

Freedom
12-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. OUCH! Prayers from RI for BooBoo.

Medusa
12-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm so sorry your grandma had a fall. We'll send lots of healing energy to keep that pain away until her surgery. :)

Karen
12-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Prayers on the way.

joycenalex
12-30-2007, 10:33 AM
prayers on the way for booboo. how hard for your family. (hugs)

lizbud
12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. :( I hope she will be able to stay
as comfortable as possible until the surgery. Prayers for her recovery.

Genny
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
THANKYOU so much for the prayers. That means a lot... I just got home from going to see her. They will have to wait until Wednesday to do the surgery..and they're giving her shots for the pain so she said the pain isn't that bad....
She isn't eating much..the only thing she has eaten since yesterday is 3 milkshakes....but at least they kinda feel you up...my mom is fixing to go spend the night w/her...my uncle is there w/ her right now. Booboo said she just doesn't want to be alone...
She got a lot of visitors today and her sister that lives 2 hours away came to see her today. They haven't seen each other in months so she was glad about that...
anyway thanks for the prayers and I will talk to you guys tomorrow...

Catty1
12-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Glad your grandma is as comfortable as possible, and that she has lots of company.

I hope the surgery goes well for her.

She might have to have a lot of milkshakes - get all that calcium for her bones! :) Hope she can look forward to that.

Lobodeb
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Prayers on the way! Glad to hear she's in good spirits.

AdoreMyDogs
12-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Prayers are on the way for Booboo.

Genny
12-31-2007, 01:28 PM
She might have to have a lot of milkshakes - get all that calcium for her bones! :) Hope she can look forward to that.

LOL :) she probably will...

I just got off the phone w/my mom and she said that everything is alright that they've had to give her another shot for the pain but she was sleeping right now so that's good..

I feel so bad for my Papa, he never cries but he has been crying some . I really can't remember the last time I saw him cry.. until now. He is afraid she won't get better but I keep telling him to have faith and pray and everything will be ok....and the Dr. has already said that she had a very good chance of walking normally again--I mean you know it might not be 'like it was' but we just want her to be able to get around she has always been so independant and wanted to do everything for herself.....

It feels sad at her house...whe n I go over to carry my papa something to eat or something..she's not there and the place just seems quite..

Her little dog Phoebe has been looking all over for her. She carries that little dog everywhere w/her.

I guess it is a good thing for sure now about us going to move in w/them now...I'm sure Booboo is gonna need all the help she can get now...I just want her to come home but it will at least be Friday or later before she can cause she is having the surgery Wednesday...

lizbud
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Sorry about your Grandpa. That's so sad for him. It's good to have
family to count on in bad times. Your Grandma sounds like a strong
independent type person, so that will be a help in her healing process.

I hope the surgey goes smoothly & she can start to get better.

joycenalex
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
once her hip is pinned, and she can sit up in a wheelchair, call the hospital Chaplin, tell her/him her dog is grieving. ask if the staff can take her downstairs and your grandpa will bring a freshly washed, groomed dog for a visit. i was only in the hospital for 23 hours, and i missed alex like 2 kinds of crazy. the chaplin may refer you to the director of nursing, but starting on that side is maybe a softer way to get around that 'infectious dog issue'

joycenalex
12-31-2007, 08:16 PM
oh yeah....call the senior options or whatever name they go by in her county and find out if they can cover the cost for bathroom grabbars, elevated toilets and either shower massage units or a shower seat. and will someone from meals on wheels come by to deliever food? even if someone is with her 24/7/365, the caregiver needs a break too.

krazyaboutkatz
12-31-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma.:( I hope that her surgery will go well and that she'll recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Dorothy39
12-31-2007, 11:46 PM
Genny, I will keep your Gramma, Booboo, in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth recovery~

Genny
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Thankyou for the prayers everyone--they mean more than you know :)

I am going to see Booboo today. I went to see her yesterday but they had just given her another shot for the pain and it makes her drowsy and sleepy and she slept the whole time I was there. My mom has been there since 1am. I know she's exhausted...she and my uncle have been taking turns staying w/ her.. (but my mom has had to stay the most cause everytime my uncle goes he says he can't stay long cause he brings his dog w/him and leaves it out in the car...he actually brings that dog to the hospital and leaves her in the car!!! I just don' t understand..there couldn't be someone who loves their dogs more than me but he just acts weird about that dog.... I just don't think it is necessary for the dog to have to come and sit in the car... know what I mean??

anyway I talked to my mom about an hour ago and she said that booboo's IV came out and a lot of blood had leaked out but the nurses came and stopped the bleeding.. they took out the IV and did n't put it back in.

right now she is asleep.. or she was the last time I talked to mom. she has been eating more 'food' lately.. so that's good...
Tomorrow she will be having her surgery..we'll need alot of prayers...it's always scary when someone goes in for surgery.

I will let you all know how things are going lateer on..thanks for the prayers..
Genny

jackie
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I really hope your Booboo improves.

(((hugs)))

Karen
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
She will still be in our prayers.

loveallfurryfriends
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Prayers to Booboo and Papa. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Catty1
01-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Prayers to Booboo and Papa. I hope he can see her soon!

Wishing all the best on the surgery.

carole
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii185/jewellnz/GETWELLSOON.gif

Here's hoping your grandmother heals quickly and she is not in pain,poor thing, what an awful thing to have happened, love and hugs to her from down under. :)

joycenalex
01-03-2008, 07:09 AM
i'll be thinking of you al today, when you can please post on how the surgery went...hugs

krazyaboutkatz
01-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope that Booboo's surgery will go well and that she'll make a quick and smooth recovery. She'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.

Genny
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Thankyou for the prayers everyone...I'm sorry I haven't let you all known how it went sooner but our computer has been messed up again...

She had the surgery Wednesday and everything went fine. They kept her in the hospital until today which is Sunday..now she had to go to a rehab so they can teach her to walk again and how to use her legs and arms again because her hip and shoulder bo th are broken...

I feel so sorry for her' i didn't get to go see her today because I had to stay home w/my little niece, but my mom and little brother went and said Booboo is just begging them to just take her home..she is going to have to stay for 3 weeks so it's going to be tough on her.

She can't even walk yet so it's going to ttake some time before she will heal so she can walk by herself again.

Well it's late and I don't wanna stay online too long cause my mom is supposed to call so I will hopefully talk to you guys tomorrow and let you know anything I can..thanks again for the prayers...we need them more than ever...

Catty1
01-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Can your granpa go and see her - and get permission to bring her dog along? I bet that would cheer her up a lot! Especially if regular visits could be arranged.

All the prayers you need, they're there! :)

Genny
01-15-2008, 08:59 PM
hey everyone, our computer has been messed up again and we just got it back to working again. so that's why i haven't let you know anything yet.
right now she is fine..but i don't know if i told you yet but since she also broke her shoulder it is going to take twice as long for her to be able to walk again than it would have if her hip had only been broken. normally they use thier arms for support but she can't :( she is wanting to come home everyday...i miss her and it's been so hard on everyone...they said it was fine to bring her dog phoebe and so phoebe has been staying with her at night some.. i think that helps booboo alot..well i don't have much time so i will talk to everyone later...take care everyone ;)

ilovemynewpuppy
01-16-2008, 08:16 PM
:p :)

Felicia's Mom
01-16-2008, 09:15 PM
I am glad that Booboo's surgery went well. She will be in my prayers.

Genny
01-16-2008, 11:19 PM
thankyou so much! :) I will let you guys know anything else I find out... :)

Genny
01-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I went and spent the night w/her lastnight..she seems to be doing much better..they are doing therapy w/her twice a day now and sh e doesn't seem so down and depressed like she did at first. They took her stitches out this morning. My mom just left to go see her...I will talk to ya'll later... :)

Genny
01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
i just posted here but i don't think it worked so i'll type this all again. my grandmother now has a kidney infec and the dr. said after she gets over that she might can come home and a therapist come see her twice a day to work with her. so i thought i'd let ya'll know something..talk to ya'll later.

Genny
01-28-2008, 01:14 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know something incase you have been wondering. My grandma got to come home Saturday. They brought a bed out to her house for her and a wheelchair. She is doing so much better and she's been saying that she's gonna get better and walk again. She has so much confidence in herself; she's always been such a strong person; she' s so amazing.....I just want her to be able to walk again so bad.

Catty1
01-28-2008, 01:32 AM
I bet she'll do it too! :D Bet your Grandad and the doggie are two happy critters! :)

Great news.

Medusa
01-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Well then, we'll just keep those prayers going that your grandma is up on her feet again really soon. I'm glad she's home, though. That does help so much in the recovery process. :)

Genny
04-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Quick Update:::: my grandmother has been through so much going back and forth to the hospital since i last talked to you all but she can now walk..she still has a litt le trouble getting around but she's so much better...i know your prayers had something do with her recovery ;)

RobiLee
04-22-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm glad to hear that your grandmother is doing much better and is up and walking. Lots more healing vibes coming her way.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-22-2008, 06:40 AM
Just read the thread about your Booboo - poor thing. Hope she feels a bit better every day :D