PDA

View Full Version : Blue tint to white of eyes

mina'smomma
12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what would cause the white of a newborn's eyes to have a blue tint to them? We noticed that Cadience's eyes have a blue tint to them. I'm really worried and all the doctor is telling us is to keep an eye on them.

Any ideas?

Karen
12-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I googled it, and most references that came up with anything said it can be a sign of anemia or brittle bone disease, or it could be nothing.

Give your pretty girl a kiss on the noggin for me, okay? She'll be in our prayers that it turns out to be nothing serious or permanent. I'm sure your doc would check for anemia if he thought it was a possibility, and brittle bone disease is very rare.

Kalei
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow, that is so neat looking! But I hope its nothing in your case. What a beautiful baby girl. Prayers to her that it is nothing but unique eyes:)

sabies
12-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I can't tell from the picture. Did the doctor notice and say something to you or did you ask the doctor about it first? My Sam's whites have a bluish tint to them. She is 6 mo. I was never concerned about it but it's barely bluish. When I googled I found what Karen found and this explanation:

In children, the sclera is thinner and more translucent, allowing the underlying tissue to show through and giving it a bluish cast. As we age, the sclera tends to become more yellow.

I hope it's nothing also.