PDA

View Full Version : Socks...

yumyum6970
08-13-2002, 07:04 AM
Have any of yall tried to make a game out of socks for your furbabies?? I took some old underwear, socks, and pantyhose stuffed them into a sock and tied a string around it to close it off. The cats love to scratch on it. :) Although when I saw this on tv they suggested putting catnip inside the sock. So I must go back and do that. :) :) :D

lailamara
08-13-2002, 08:56 AM
What is it with cats and socks? My cat Bodhi drags them out of the laundry basket and out of drawers and drags them all over the house. When he can't find a sock he pulls the odor-eater inserts out of my shoes and drags them all over the house too.Your idea of putting the under-wear in the sock could save me much embaressment as I try to pick up my under-wear from all over the house before visitors see it.:rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2002, 10:43 AM
:) :D

Tubby doesn't have a thing with socks, but her sure likes Terry's flip flops (thong sandles). We often find Tubby wherever the flip flops are, rubbing his face all over them. One time I couldn't find Tubby, called him and he wouldn't come, looked everywhere, found him in the closet "gumming" the flip flops. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a sweat thing, or that it has our scent on it or something like that. All I know is Tubby is crazy about Terry's flip flops. :rolleyes: :D

sasvermont
08-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Graemer will remove the shoe inserts from my running shoes (I don't run, don't worry)...he also likes my neoprene knee brace (from when I use to run) and he carries around the mouse pad lots of times, after removing it from my desk and chewing on it. He likes the bike seats, hairbrushes with padding on the handles.....anything rubbery and cushion like.... go figure... I can never find my shoe inserts....usually find them under the bed...all chewed! He IS the sweetest kitty though.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p6bb158df390025c38cd5bf8384bf1870/fdbbb42a.jpg
Here he is in action!:rolleyes:

Pam
08-13-2002, 02:59 PM
Oh well boys will be boy you know Sallyanne! :D Graemer sounds a bit like my Trevor - strong chewing instinct for some reason! Though neither of my kitties were ever particularly into socks, Trevor completely destroyed a wicker basket that I had used to hold magazines. His most expensive destruction, though, was to chew on my mini-blinds (they were metal) and he had chewed them and bent them up going in all different directions. :rolleyes: He also, as a kitten, knocked a Depression Ware candy dish, that had belonged to my mother, off the kitchen shelf. My boys have both calmed down over the years, but I do seem to have gotten off topic - no they never played with socks! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Pam
He also, as a kitten, knocked a Depression Ware candy dish, that had belonged to my mother, off the kitchen shelf. My boys have both calmed down over the years, but I do seem to have gotten off topic - no they never played with socks! :)

When I was 6 my Grandma gave me one of those little porcelein dolls with the #6 on her dress. It was in absolute perfect condition.....until approximately 20 years later when Tubby joined the family. :rolleyes: Thank God he has slowed down since his kitten years because he was a real terror. I really had to kittenproof my house, and things still got chewed, broke, clawed, eaten, etc. I guess there's something to be said for the oldsters out here. :D

kitten645
08-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Funny how different furkids have different likes. Calvin has a new love affair with a new pair of shoes of mine. He sticks his head so deep that he's gotten his head stuck in them a couple of times!:rolleyes: He also has extremely expensive tastes and LOVES my cashmere sweaters! He pulls them out of the closet and drags them all over rolling over them and holding them between his paws and rubbing them all over his face!
Hobbes adores a fake fur throw I have that was VERRRRY expensive (I got it at 90% off plus an employee discount and it was stil several hundred $$!) No matter where I put it he manages to find it....in closets, draws, closed rooms!
My worst lose to date was when Jersey (RB) jumped on top of the fridge and knocked over a plate rack that had ALL my Wedgwood bone china dinner(12) AND salad plates!!!
I guess that's better than having your first house warming as a new bride and having Bruce (RB) trot out with my black lace bra in his mouth!! :eek: