PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in the AM on a transatlantic flight

kittycats_delight
12-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey guys, I will most likely been away from PT for the next 2 weeks. I am leaving tomorrow morning at 5:00am to go to Milan to catch a plane to Newfoundland, Canada. I am going to see my mom for the first time in almost 4 years. I will be staying 11 days but will take almost an entire day to get there and another to get back.

I catch my plane tomorrow from Milan to Frankfort. I have a 5 hour stop over in Frankfort. Then I have a 9 hour flight (thought it was 8.5) to Toronto with a 3 hour stop over in Toronto. Finally I catch my flight to St. John's. That is another 3.5 hours. So all in all it will be about 21 hours including stop overs. I don't mind flying but I hate long flights. Unfortunately this was the only route we could get.

Anyway, could you all think on me tomorrow while I am travelling and keep my furry babies in your thoughts too. Hubby is extremely nervous about the animals as they have never been away from me and he is worried about me not being here with them to tend to them like I always do. He is also worried about having to leave them to go to work as his father and brother are very careless with doors and things. I told him when he is out he needs to put the kitties in our bedroom and lock the door. They have everything they need in there including food, litter, water, cat tree with garden view and our big ol bed.

I think I will be nervous and on edge until I get back. I know hubby will take care of the babies but like everyone else I guess I feel no one can look after them quite like I do. :o

Thank you all in advance. I'll miss everyone.

Ciao
Michelle

anna_66
12-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Wishing you much luck on your trip Michelle!

Have a great time and I'm sure your babies will be fine:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2007, 07:06 AM
Have a safe flight, dear Michelle!!
Wow, your mom must be so exited too to see her "lost" daughter back :) . Well, not exactly "lost", but Italy is so far away from Canada right, and 4 years is quite a long time. Don't worry about your pets, your hubby will take the best care possible of all of them. Have a great time in Canada, and see you back here next year :) :)

Medusa
12-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Your furkids will be fine, Michelle. They're in good hands w/your husband plus they have PT prayers on their side. Enjoy your reunion w/your mom, every second of it and don't worry one bit about your cats. All is well. Have a safe, fun trip. :)

moosmom
12-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Have a wonderful, SAFE trip and a fantastic time with your Mom. I'm so happy for you, Michelle!!

((((((HUGS))))))

Donna

Daisy and Delilah
12-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Have a wonderful trip Michelle. I hope your flights go well. I'll keep you and hubby and all the kids in my thoughts and prayers today. Hi to your Mom from us!! :D

Randi
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Wow, that's quite a trip! Enjoy every bit of it, I'm sure your mom is looking forward to see you, as you her. :)

Of course you're nervous about your kitties, but they'll be OK. ;)

Have a safe flight and a wonderful time!!

lvpets2002
12-29-2007, 10:41 AM
;) WoW Michelle what a long trip/flight.. You are going to be so jetlaggedd.. Hey Have A Very Nice & Safe Trip.. Hope you enjoy the home again with your family.. could we ask for pics please.. We will be awaiting your return ok.

Kalei
12-29-2007, 11:47 AM
wow that would be a new experience for the kitties. Specially if you've never went away before. And I must also say Welcome to Canada eh!? Would you like to dine in our rocky snow filled Newfandland diner or a snow covered beach where you can watch the whales pass? Kehe, Newfoundland is pretty cold.

Good luck with your trip, I will be thinking about you and your kitties.:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Michelle, I hope that you have a safe trip and that everything goes smoothly. I also hope that you have a great time visiting your momand family. I'm sure that your furkids will be in good hands.:)

Felicia's Mom
12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Wishing you a good trip! I hope everything goes well.

Alysser
12-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I hate long flights too, Michelle! I wish you the best of luck, and hope you have a safe trip. We'll miss you, but it is good you are finally seeing your Mom again. Have a wonderful time!

Catty1
12-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Italy! Whoa, girl, ye be really 'from away'!!! :D

cassiesmom
12-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Best Wishes for your trip, Michelle!

carole
12-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Michelle have a wonderful trip,you must be so excited to see your mother again after such a long time, don't worry i am sure the furbabies will be just fine, but i know it is hard not to, have fun and i hope all goes well, thinking of you. :)