PDA

View Full Version : Alert for Buncher/Killer Buyer Posing as Rescue

dukedogsmom
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Warning everyone about this horrible person that is posing as an upcoming rescue. Please crosspost and email to everyone you know!

This goes to prove that small adoption fees are NOT a deterrent to bunchers...

Forwarded message - please reply to peggi. loveless @gmail.com

Fraud Alert - Beware of this Rescue Poser

RED FLAG FOR KILLER BUYER/BUNCHER POSING AS UPCOMING RESCUE!

Beware!
Steve Rei, Esq.
steverei @ gmail.com
President
National Equine Rescue Coalition, Inc.
www.nerconline. org

TAKING IN ANIMALS NOW —Horse for Sale in Broomall, PA

Now taking in unwanted animals! I am trying to start a rescue and am willing to take any and all animals in from fish to horses. I will take horses from $0 - $500 & Dogs, cats, small animals from $0 - $200. Unlike most rescues I am willing to pay you a small fee for your animal. I will train and work with your animal and then try to find them a good home. I am excepting pets from PA, DE, MD, NJ & I will come pick up. Animals from further away OH, NY, VA, WV, etc .. you must find a way to get them here, and we would go half & half on shipping fees. E-mail me with pictures and information and I will see how I can help you!

Owner Information
Owner
Desiree
Phone
(484) 678-0721

Also, I wasn't familiar with the term buncher. It's on this page:
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/puppymil.html
Buncher: One who collects dogs of unknown origin for sale to laboratories or other bunchers or brokers. Bunchers are considered lower on the evolutionary scale than puppy mill operators, for there is much suspicion that they buy stolen pets, collect pets advertised as "Free to a good home," and adopt unwanted pets from animal shelters for sale to research laboratories. USDA licenses and inspects bunchers to make sure that they abide by the AWA.

I cannot believe "people" like this exist. Total scum.

clara4457
12-29-2007, 06:13 AM
This is scary, especially since it is in my neck of the woods. I'll tell you one thing, no reputable rescue will "pay" for an animal unless it is reimbursement for vet care.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to distribute this to other rescue contacts.

moosmom
12-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the warning. I cannot believe the lengths people will go to to make money and harm poor, innocent animals. It disgusts me.