PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have new year's resolutions??

davidpizzica
12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
My big resolution for 2008 is to stay out of the hospital!! I've seen enough of the inside of one. 2007 wasn't the greatest year healthwise for me and I resolve to stay healthier this year!

catnapper
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
My biggest one is to not let my nutty coworker get to me (its gonna test my endurance ;))

Then I also have resolved to eat better. I want to buy a ton of healthy food and leave it at work so I don't rely on the junk food I've been eating. I'm even going to take in the spare George Foreman grill (and rely on the kindness of coworkers to use it for me ;))

And lastly, I'm resolving to not hide out at work so much to avoid the chaos of home. We're FINALLY getting Ashley the help s he needs for her depression, so maybe once she meets the doctor I won't NEED to hide out at work.

G535
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm far too old to be bothered with new year resolutions, I never keep them anyway. :)

Taz_Zoee
12-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Mine would be to get a new job closer to home and get healthier and more in shape.
Yeah, so we'll see if either of those things actually happen. :rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
To get organized. My house can get pretty chaotic with toys everywhere, etc. So I plan to organize the little stuff....like making labeled bins for my son's Wii games, controllers, etc. Getting the DVD's all organized, b/c a 6 year old does not put them back where they should go after watching them....organize in cabinets, medicine cabinets, under the sink, etc. The little cluttered areas get to me, and have little attention paid to them...the house as a whole is clean and orderly, but the small stuff needs more attention.

To eat healthy, yes, I'd like to lose like 15 pounds, but the eating healthy part is more important and if I lose weight, then its a bonus.

Overall....Just try to be more easy going when life gets stressful...and to not worry about things so much (I tend to be a worrier). I plan/hope to just remember/say to myself each day, that " this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"....as the old hymn goes.

Here's to a Happy and Healthy 2008 for our Pettalk family!!!!

slleipnir
12-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Every year I say I'll lose some weight, but I never do :o Maybe this year. 10 lbs would be nice to lose.

Cinder & Smoke
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
;)

RESOLVED:

To NOT make any Resolutions! ...

That otta solve the busted resolution problem!

:o
:D

dukedogsmom
12-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes! And this one I'm going to try and keep. I have a bad habit of almost being late to work all the time. Then I end up scrambling like crazy trying to get there and don't have time to even get something to drink before I sit down. I've started early two days already. I've just got to start getting ready about twenty minutes earlier.

moosmom
12-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Yes, only one. To never, EVER spend Christmas away from my family again.

Kalei
12-29-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't usually have a new years resolution because another year is so long...so its usually...just don't die for another year lol.

joycenalex
12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
i need to find a better way to keep my papers, paid bills, waiting for the next payday bills, and so forth. i'm gonna do research and in a seperate topic ask PTers for advice

binka_nugget
12-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I say this every year but never follow through.. hopefully I will this year! :p I'd like to start eating healthier and lose weight. I've already started on the eating healthier part.. I cook dinner most nights for myself and my boyfriend instead of us relying on take out. I've also cut down from 2L of pop a day to a couple cans. Now to go from a couple cans to none!

I have a bit of an incentive for following through this year though. We're planning on a trip to Cabo in the summer! :D Gotta look good for that!

davidpizzica
12-31-2007, 06:44 AM
No more car accidents! I want to be able to have a car for more than a year.

lvpets2002
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
;) For me & my babies to stay healthy & happy..

columbine
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Earn more money, and stop spending money on things I don't need! Be more effective about paying off my debt, stop shopping from catalogues, no more going overlimit, stay on top of my bookkeeping, no more gratuitous days off, and pay that monster down.

lizbud
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Yes! And this one I'm going to try and keep. I have a bad habit of almost being late to work all the time. Then I end up scrambling like crazy trying to get there and don't have time to even get something to drink before I sit down. I've started early two days already. I've just got to start getting ready about twenty minutes earlier.

I'm with you on that one Val. :) It seems the day starts on a lot better
note when you aren't rushed & frazzled by the time you get to your desk
in the morning. A few extra minutes makes a big difference. :)

Catty1
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Part of my daily reading for December 31:
The idea of "twenty-four-hour" living applies primarily to the emotional life of the individual. Emotionally speaking, we must not live in yesterday, nor in tomorrow." AS BILL SEES IT, p. 284

A New Year: 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes -- a time to consider directions, goals and plans. I must make some plans to live a normal life, but also I must live emotionally withing a twenty-four-hour frame, for if I do, I don't have to make New Year's Resolutions! I can make every day a New Year's Day! I can decide, "Today I will do this...Today I will do that." Each day I can measure my life by trying to do a little better...

Medusa
12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Just one: to stop kidding myself.

ilovemypup
12-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi,

Work even harder to keep my health..healthy.

-Ali

jackie
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Take better control of my finances and not overspend. I make more then enough to live comfortably, but just blow all my money on trivial things. I am going to try to bank 20% of my paycheck and not touch it.

Get back to the gym three times a week, I stopped going and never got back into it. My bad knee improves when I go.

Up the length of the evening dog walk, I used to go for more then an hour, but recently cut it down to about 30 minutes, they are definitely more restless. The extra walk would do me a world of good too.

No alcohol for a year. I don't enjoy myself more when I drink, I just pay for it the next day, and yes I am typing with a hangover. :o

Happy New Years everyone, I wish you all the best!

Alysser
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't really make one this year. I guess mine would really be to not screw up my life because of something stupid that was my own fault. I very recently learned from someone I know that having "too" much fun comes with a price in the end.

chocolatepuppy
01-01-2008, 03:09 PM
To clean the clutter out of my house. :o Last year I vowed to donate/sell 50 stuffed animals and I just made my goal at the end of the year. I started with 400, down to 350. I have too many knickknacks and just stuff. Hubby said a dump truck backed up to the door might help. :rolleyes:

anna_66
01-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought I'd make mine a realistic one this year.

Take my desktop computer in for a check up. It's been sick and so slow for quite a while. I keep putting off taking it in because lets face it, it's a pain to get down there and unhook all those wires! But I vow it will be done this year:D

Pembroke_Corgi
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Continue getting all A's in my master's program and lose some weight (about 15 pounds). I started my diet last week and I'm doing well so far. It's not holiday weight, either (not all of it anyway :rolleyes: ), most of it is weight I gained the year after I graduated from college so it's been with me for a while. :p

CountryWolf07
01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
A's in the rest of my classes.. and manage money better.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
To be taller.................... :D

(and do the finances thing.... :rolleyes: )

Lobodeb
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Finish school Suma Kume Laude, manage my finances better, the good ol' lose weight and remember to send everyone birthday/anniversary cards.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-07-2008, 10:02 AM
To be taller.................... :D

(and do the finances thing.... :rolleyes: )

as for weight loss - I have already ditched approximately 11 stone of useless "friend" who has been a drain on my energy for far too long :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I hope to get rid of some weight, and I also intend to pep up my condition once that I have my neurostimulator!! I want to be able to get upstairs again!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-07-2008, 10:08 AM
I hope to get rid of some weight, and I also intend to pep up my condition once that I have my neurostimulator!! I want to be able to get upstairs again!!!

I hope it will be a Leap Year for you in more ways than one ;)

Sevaede
01-07-2008, 10:18 AM
;)

RESOLVED:

To NOT make any Resolutions! ...

That otta solve the busted resolution problem!

:o
:D

Wouldn't that be a paradox? :o :p :D

Cataholic
01-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Take better control of my finances and not overspend. I make more then enough to live comfortably, but just blow all my money on trivial things. I am going to try to bank 20% of my paycheck and not touch it.

Get back to the gym three times a week, I stopped going and never got back into it. My bad knee improves when I go.

Up the length of the evening dog walk, I used to go for more then an hour, but recently cut it down to about 30 minutes, they are definitely more restless. The extra walk would do me a world of good too.

No alcohol for a year. I don't enjoy myself more when I drink, I just pay for it the next day, and yes I am typing with a hangover. :o

Happy New Years everyone, I wish you all the best!

Save for the alcohol thingy, I am right there with you! While I don't have a dog, I have a goal to walk my sister's lab!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
How is everyone doing with their resolutions? ;)

trayi52
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Seems like I can't keep any New Year resolutions, so I'll just not make any this year.

Willie :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Going to try to be less surly and a bit more likeable :eek: and concentrate on the art of making conversation