PDA

View Full Version : Cookie the Waterdog

C.C.'s Mom
08-13-2002, 06:11 AM
Woof, it’s Cookie-Loukie here. Yeah, mom’s back so and well… maybe I need to freshen up some memories here. Maybe you all forgot who I am???
I’m Cookie the Waterdog. You know, the one that like water more than anything else in life. Okay, okay… I also like mom (and dad when he’s home).

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/90aa5a9e7d306da0c1256c11005a2455/$FILE/02.jpeg

Mom and I always take the bike and go to the three lakes. That’s so cool. Mom always gets me into my harnass, says I have to wait at the gate (which I do with a stick in my mouth – there’s a large collection of them in the front yard) when she gets the bike. People that pass by our house always stop and look and tell mom that I’m such a pretty dog.
Than mom attaches me to the bike and I pull her through the streets. No Husky would do a better job than I do, I tell ya! Mom always has to remind me that we’re not the only ones on the streets, that she doesn’t feel like braking the whole time, that I gallop like a horse. But do I care? Noop. We’re at the three lakes in no time like that.

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/d8bda07fe00b26b3c1256c11005a271f/$FILE/05.jpeg

When we reach the forest, I’m allowed to run off-leash. Now that I don’t jump at people and leave the other dogs doing their business, don’t go after joggers or hunt the birds, mom thinks it’s okay for me to run. And so I do. Fast. And mom has to keep up with me (hehe).

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/11c2b51e6b4707cdc1256c11005a73f7/$FILE/08.jpeg

I’m the only dog at the three lakes that goes swimming for fun. Others need entertainment, sticks or stones. I jump into the water without even asking mom. I swim, and swim, and swim.
Sometimes mom comes into the water herself. She’s no good swimmer, so I always make sure I pull her out. It’s better that way.

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/cd5111b3fd779c66c1256c11005a7239/$FILE/06.jpeg

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/9d21061f6c02fc48c1256c11005a7315/$FILE/07.jpeg

I also like to shake when I get out of the water. Of course, as close to mom as possible.

http://www.dawebcity.com/sites/dawebcity/albums.nsf/UNID/815a5a6c5496ec96c1256c11005a262e/$FILE/04.jpeg

So, now you remember who I am. I’m Cookie-Loukie the Waterdog and mom is happy to be back.

Woof!

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-13-2002, 06:22 AM
Cookie! You are so adorable. Looks like you had a good time.

GREAT pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Randi
08-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Hi Cookie! It's so nice to see you back! :) What wonderful surroundings you have there - and such a good swimmer you are!

Glad to hear your mum is fine! How are Eddy and Rudie?

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! :D

Ann
08-13-2002, 06:57 AM
Oh Cookie, how could we ever forget you?!

Love your new pics, they are all really good! Great to have you back :)

08-13-2002, 07:27 AM
aw , you are one of a kind !!!! Pulling your mom's bike !!!
Wish I could see that !!!!
Those pics of you are super !!!!!
Shake off the water as much as you like ; but do not you think you 'd better go away from your mommy a bit further ?? Sure she would appreciate that .....;) :p ;)

K9karen
08-13-2002, 07:42 AM
Absolutely FANTASTIC pictures of GORGEOUS Cookie-ookie! What a LOOKER!

jennifert
08-13-2002, 07:46 AM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! And what beautiful countryside! How far from home do you have to ride to get to the three lakes?

KYS
08-13-2002, 08:26 AM
All the pictures are wonderful, I love the one with Cookie
by the bicycle.

C.C.'s Mom
08-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Randi
How are Eddy and Rudie?

Both are fine. Rudie got a bit er... how to say it... heavy boned. Thanks for asking.

C.C.'s Mom
08-13-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by jennifert
And what beautiful countryside! How far from home do you have to ride to get to the three lakes?

It really is beautiful here now that we had A LOT of rain. It takes us about 15 minutes to get there when Cookie pulls me. Those 3 lakes are connected with little roads.

C.C.'s Mom
08-13-2002, 08:38 AM
Happy that you all liked Cookie-Loukie's pictures!!!

lovemymaltese
08-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Cookie is such a beautiful dog. I haven't seen a dog that pretty in a while. I like her name too. :)

sasvermont
08-13-2002, 10:26 AM
How nice. Send more!;)

Aspen and Misty
08-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Wow Cookie! Aren't you just so cute! You are very pretty!

Albea
08-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Cookie is a beauty!!! And the pictures are great. It's always so good to see pups having so much fun with their families.:D

ChrisH
08-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Lovely dog, wonderful scenery, great pics!:D

Dixieland Dancer
08-14-2002, 08:18 AM
I really missed Cookie pictures! She has really grown into a beautiful Golden girl!! I am sure she is the apple of her mommies eyes. ;) Tell her that Dusty would just love to go swimming with her sometime! :cool:

K9karen
08-14-2002, 12:53 PM
C C's mom..I was just wondering, are the pups bi-lingual???
If so, what language do they respond to the best??
I met a couple with a Belgium Malmois at a dog show and it only responded to French (but gave universal yummy kisses!!) It was really neat!

C.C.'s Mom
08-15-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
C C's mom..I was just wondering, are the pups bi-lingual???
If so, what language do they respond to the best??
I met a couple with a Belgium Malmois at a dog show and it only responded to French (but gave universal yummy kisses!!) It was really neat!

It's a rather complex situation at home. The home language is German, but my husband is learning to speak Dutch so we try to do some of that too.

The dog gets the commands mixed. There are a few in German and a few in Dutch (my native language), but since all the commands are given with handsigns too, she also knows them when I say them in English when for instance our relatives are here.
Some commands are just much better in German, like 'Nein' (no) or 'Platz' (down).

When we say what the cats think, we speak in English with a huge German accent. But that's only for fun and only when nobody else is around.

tatsxxx11
08-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks Cookie for sharing the tale of your great adventure! You are such a beautiful doggie! And what a lovely place to swim and play with Mommy. Make sure your Mommy takes more pics and shares them all! You are such a sweetie:)

C.C.'s Mom
08-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Thanks Cookie for sharing the tale of your great adventure! You are such a beautiful doggie! And what a lovely place to swim and play with Mommy. Make sure your Mommy takes more pics and shares them all! You are such a sweetie:)

Mommy told daddy that we need a digital camera. Daddy told mommy she can get a job and buy one :( Since mom is a lazy bum and needs to take care of me, Cookie-Loukie, I guess we'll just have to do it with the normal camera and wait till mom develops another film.