PDA

View Full Version : Cool OLD Pictures = My Great Grandparents

Twisterdog
12-27-2007, 11:53 PM
My dad sent me these pictures today. Pretty neat.

These people were his grandparents, and my dad is 82.

I love history like this. I also love that mustache and that car! :)

caseysmom
12-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Those are definetely very cool, its funny people didn't smile much for pictures back then. You can tell by the pics there life was a lot harder than ours.

Freedom
12-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow isn't that something? The second shot almost reminds me of that scene in "It's a Wonderful Life," where Jimmy Stewart and his wife are welcoming a new family to their own home.

Christiansmommy
12-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Wow, those are very cool. It is great/amazing that film was available back then, and that the pics are still around. My parents have some very old ones like that too...and it is just so interesting to look into the past and see them, I agree.

My parents have an old antique table that was made by a very distant relative of my dad's, not sure of the relation to him, distant uncle, etc....and we have a picture of the man and his wife, who actually made the table....so that is very cool too.

Logan
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
What neat pictures, real treasures for you, I know.

dukedogsmom
12-28-2007, 09:28 PM
I love seeing old pics! That mustache is really something, isn't it? I've always liked looking at the old pics and have even bought some at antique stores. Nice to be seeing you around again, too :)