PDA

View Full Version : Sick, sick, sick.... UPDATE !!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Not really my idea of a Merry Christmas this year.... :( . I got stomach flue just before Christmas; It is now thursday already, and I still am feeling terrible... . My only visits are to the toilet, and then back to bed.... :( :(

The worst is, I cannot stand the heat nor the pressure from a cat on me .....

Boohoo, I think that father Santa brought me the wrong present this year :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
12-27-2007, 05:05 AM
Awe... Lut! Poor thing!! Stomach flu is just horrendous. I get them from kids at school. Kids pass on a ton of germy things to us teachers. They look at me weird when I always ask "Have you washed your hands?" when they come back from the bathroom, but it's a necessity. Even with sneezes... my usual refrain is "Go, wash your hands with hot water and soap, and then come back."

Have you been around some kids lately, or in a new place that you may have caught it using their facilities or the washrooms where people don't always wash their hands properly??

Hope you'll feel better for New Year's Eve!!!

Gentle hugs, and until then, get some rest.

trayi52
12-27-2007, 06:02 AM
I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly. I hope you get to feeling better real soon. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Hugs,
Willie

kelli1843
12-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Feel for you...Santa first brought me a cold and then the flu. Was sick for 4 days straight. We're going to "re-celebrate" opening the dogs' presents this weekend since I'm feeling better!

Hang in there!

Pam
12-27-2007, 07:46 AM
That is the worst kind of sickness! I would take strep throat and a head cold over that. About 5+ years ago on Christmas Day we were heading to my SIL's. On the way over in the car I felt a little funny in the tummy. Within a half hour of being at my SIL's I was so sick. I laid on her bed for the whole visit. :( Then I had to cross my fingers on the way home that I wouldn't need to find a bathroom :o because nothing is open on Christmas. I made it home OK but was sick the whole rest of the night. Lut I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. It should run its course pretty soon but I know it won't be soon enough for you.

Medusa
12-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Oh goodness, that just plain sucks. Sure hope you feel better soon. A candle burns for your healing.....

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh goodness, that just plain sucks. Sure hope you feel better soon. A candle burns for your healing.....

Thank you so much!
No, I didn't meet anybody since yesterday. But my hubby got it first, so I bet he is the culprit ;) :rolleyes:

Oh gosh, I feel so weak...

Randi
12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Uhh, what a Christmas! :( I hope it's over soon - and then you can enjoy the things you haven't been able to yet.

Get better! :)

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree with Pam, give me anything but that!!! I'm sorry, Lut!!! Hope your tummy starts to settle down soon!

Daisy and Delilah
12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
{{{{{{{LUT}}}}}}} Feel better :(

Catty1
12-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Lut, I have had that flu, and it really hits like a brick wall!

If you have Gatorade or any other 'sports drink' where you live, ask Bernard to get you some. It REALLY helps, as it rehydrates and replaces electrolytes you lose.

It didn't cure me, but was sure a Godsend while I recovered.

HUGS and get well soon!

chocolatepuppy
12-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry you've been so sick Lut, especially for Christmas. :( I hope your New Year starts out a lot better.

catnapper
12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear you're sick. Everyone here has the same thing. Poor Cameron got sick on the car ride to my mom's and the ride home. Poor boy wasn't feeling so good and went through a ton of clothes :(

cassiesmom
12-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Lut, I hope you are feeling better, better, better very soon! (hugs)

petslover
12-27-2007, 02:17 PM
the Stomach flu is very very bad.. Lut you have had it rough lately. I hope you get to feeling better.

Queen of Poop
12-27-2007, 03:04 PM
I do hope you're feeling better. Try some ginger ale. It's the best for an upset tummy. Christmas day I was cooking a meal for a bunch of people. I was also running for the washroom to throw up. Not a pleasant day. As the food started to smell so good it was making me sick. Thank goodness it passed quickly.

Hellow
12-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Heck, im basically immune to stomach flue because ive caught it that many times from other kids that im around all day at school. Im sorry to hear that you have caught it, its awful.:(

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick.:( I hope that you'll get over your illness soon. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9karen
12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Lut, I hope you're feeling a little better. You must try to take liquids so you don't get dehydrated. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

phesina
12-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh, Lut, I'm so sorry. Seems it's been one thing after another for you. Take it easy and let your furry nurses care for you expertly.

Sending prayers your way. We all hope you will be feeling better soon.

Love, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ to you,

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel who is flapping her wings as quickly as she can to fan you with healing energies

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Saturday 29th

I am finally getting better! Still lots of "music" in my tummy (cramps :D ), but I am able to eat again :) . If there is ONE positive side to this awful last week, it is that I lost 2,5 kg :eek: :eek: :) !!!
Yippie! I think I am all ready to welcome 2008 :)

jennielynn1970
12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
When I worked at the one medical center, the nurses told me that the juice from canned peaches is supposed to calm the stomach. Not sure what it is about them, but I have a stock of cans of peaches just for this purpose. Maybe with the flu it's different though... I know I used ice chips and peach juice for when I am sick and throwing up though. And saltines. Those are always good too.

Glad you are feeling better. Having the flu, or any sickness, over the holidays just stinks. I think my body does it because I'm constantly on the run when I'm working, and when I'm on vacation or when we have off, my body just relaxes and my immune system goes down. Not sure if that's what it is, but it just seems that when I relax, I get slammed!

trayi52
12-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Lut, glad to hear you are feeling better. Just keep up the bedrest, continue to get better.

Glad you are so happy about losing the weight, I would like to lose some weight myself!

Willie :)

joycenalex
12-29-2007, 07:58 AM
lut i hope you're feeling better today. ((hugs))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2007, 12:12 PM
:( Boohoo :( ; it is all back again........

jennielynn1970
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Aweee..... don't rush trying to get better... sometimes things just run their course.

Stay in bed, have hubby wait on you, and try some peach juice, lol!

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Lut, I was just going to say that I'm glad that you're over this flu bug but then you posted again that you're still sick.:( I hope that you'll feel better soon. You need to get plenty of rest and only eat bland things in very small amounts. Then if you can keep these down you can try a few other things. Please take care. (((HUGS)))