PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #244 - 363 shopping days till Christmas '08

cassiesmom
12-26-2007, 04:14 PM
I went back a few Thursdays and the last time there was a Wednesday opening was Nov. 21. But I had such a lovely :rolleyes: day with my family yesterday that I'm not sure I can wait for the bar to open tomorrow. Hey, there's no one here yet ... I'll just put on a pot of coffee and get out the Bailey's.

lvpets2002
12-26-2007, 04:30 PM
:p Did You Say Bailey's?? Of course that is all Mario Heard.. Yup he jumped up from his nap & is jumping up & down on the bed..:D The Bar is Open Now & Lets get things in motion & lets Start Decoratiog For New Years 2008.. Wait Wait are we already counting down till Next Christmas?? Mario please tend the bar && bring me some Bailey's on Ice.. Hey I will put in the oven a coffee cake for us to nibble on..

Killearn Kitties
12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Well I will be delighted to join you for a coffee and Baileys. Just what I need. Family Christmases are not for the fainthearted, are they? ;)

Richard always used to open the bar on Wednesday before he started to neglect his duties so badly. :D After all, by the time Richard gets up on a Wednesday, it is already Thursday across most of Australia. :D

davidpizzica
12-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I'll get a big pot of coffee going here. Mario, could you get me the ground coffee like a good boy? Try not to spill it.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Don't forget 08 is a leap year so we have an extra day to shop and decorate. :D

Hot chocolate for me. It's cold and freezing rain/snow here right now. Good to be snug inside. :D

I have plenty of Christmas Cookies I'll share!!! Yes, Mario you can have two! :)

slick
12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh my gosh, I didn't even see that Thursdays was open. Whoppee!!!

So for all of you who are having a wonderful week off and don't return to work until '08, enjoy every minute of it. I'm working today and tomorrow but the good thing is that most people are off so the office is nice and quiet....the purrfect setting to get lots of work done.

Moff, please stay warm and I'm praying for decent weather for you. Weather report for today says snow but have not seen one flake yet.

Leap year? Does that mean we can leap right past '08 and into '09???

Barkeep, may I have a Grand Marnier - warmed - please????

Cheers everyone.:)

RedHedd
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Well it's cold and blustery here too - they're even predicting snow for San Francisco! :eek: So time to get out the muk-luks and warm fuzzy blankies. Where is that Hot Toddy we had running around here a few weeks ago? Slick, where are you hiding him? :p

I have chocolate - lots and lots of chocolate! Truffles, peppermint bark and those Ferrero Rocher thingies. PLEASE! Eat! Eat! I can't stand it anymore! I'm falling into a chocolate coma!

Edwina's Secretary
12-27-2007, 05:54 PM
... those Ferrero Rocher thingies. PLEASE! Eat! Eat! I can't stand it anymore! I'm falling into a chocolate coma!

Does anyone actually EAT those Ferrero Rocher things? I see them often on displays and the like but I don't believe I have ever seen anyone actually digest one!

Karen
12-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I used to eat them before I became literally deathly allergic to "tree nuts" - now I just pass them by longingly.

RedHedd
12-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Does anyone actually EAT those Ferrero Rocher things? I see them often on displays and the like but I don't believe I have ever seen anyone actually digest one! I hadn't eaten one in a while - they are strangely delicious! Rice krispie type stuff, lots of chocolate on the outside, creamy chocolate surrounding a whole hazelnut in the middle - they're really quite good!

lbaker
12-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Morning all, those choco thingies Red is referring to have a nice flavor but the texture makes my teeth itch ~ :rolleyes: Well, something like that. It's rather like those malted milk balls with the crackly middle - my teeth tingle :confused: :eek: Sorry I haven't been around, weirdness abounds and raises it's ugly head once again. Yech. Don't want to rain (or snow) on the New Years Parade so just sling a drink down to this end of the bar and I'll try not to sing ;)

Randi
12-28-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm ready to join you... a coffee with a splash of Grand Marnier sounds good! Oh, and a couple of those yummy Ferrero Rocher. ;)

Honestly, I've had less than 10 pieces of chocolade all through december, even slimmed down a bit - so they say.

Slick, enjoy the relaxed atmotphere at work - how did your meeting go last week?

Weatherwise, I'm quite content - no snow, no rain hardly any wind, until today, and you can almost cycle without glowes and hat. :)

KK, what weather can I expect the next couple of days?

Laurie, I'd love to hear you sing! :D

slick
12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Good morning all!
It's another shivery one but at least there is no new snow in the immediate forecast, in fact Saturday is supposed to be sunny! :)

Randi, welcome to Thursdays. I don't believe I've seen you here before, or have I and I'm just going through another brain fart???? Thanks for the recipes. Did you bring some Chocolate Truffles with you???

I brought a couple of bottles of my Baileys to share around. Gosh I love this time of year and working is not so bad. Everyone off so the traffic is almost non-existant and I can get to work in half the time.

Are we going to have any special celebrations in here for New Years??? Oh I hope so. Mario and I can dance the night away.

May I have a spanish coffee to go?? Cheers everyone!

Hmmm, not sure I want to hear Laurie sing.......:p

lbaker
12-28-2007, 03:10 PM
oh YEAH? YEAH??!!!

deck us all with Boston Charlie
Walla Walla wash, and Kalamazoo
Nora's freezing on the trolley
Swallar dollar Cauliflower Alli-ga-rooooo

so there, humph :p

lizbud
12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Richard always used to open the bar on Wednesday before he started to neglect his duties so badly. :D After all, by the time Richard gets up on a Wednesday, it is already Thursday across most of Australia. :D

Yes, I've noticed that too. I've been meaning to say something to
Richard about that. :)

I'd love a coffe & Baileys please. hey, Mario's Mom is having a B-Day
today so maybe they'll be late to Thursdays.

cassiesmom
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
In honor of Willie's birthday and for those who are relatively new to Thursdays. I found this bit of background about Mario in the thread "What are your pets' names?"

Mario is my Capuchin Monkey. He was already named when we got him. We really love him a lot. He has done so many things to make us laugh.

Edwina's Secretary
12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
I hadn't eaten one in a while - they are strangely delicious! Rice krispie type stuff, lots of chocolate on the outside, creamy chocolate surrounding a whole hazelnut in the middle - they're really quite good!

I love my chocolate but those still look too.....much for me...another chocolate martini please! With a candy cane in it!

RICHARD
01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
After all, by the time Richard gets up on a Wednesday, it is already Thursday across most of Australia. :D

What does that have to do with Scotland? :D

I have been working like a dog, getting paid like a pauper and sleeping like a log, eating like a pig and dreaming like a crazy person lately.....my new year's resolution?

Be a better bartender! :D

gini
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
o.k. Richard - have you opened up Thursday #245 yet? I will go over and pound on the door in case you are still sleeping.

Killearn Kitties
01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
What does that have to do with Scotland? :D
It means that no matter when I get here, the bar is never at it's busiest. *sniff*