PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Surprise for Dottie!

kimlovescats
12-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Some of you will think I have lost my mind, but this actually has been a wonderful decision already!

I know I have mentioned before that Dottie (Cavalier) is a bit of a "cry baby" when it comes to well, most anything! :rolleyes: You look at her a little strongly and she'll yelp! :p As much as she loves Coco and Henna (chocolate lab puppy) she is constanly having to defend herself. We got Henna really to be a buddy for Dottie when she was still small, but more so to be a larger buddy for Coco! Coco and Henna will be comparable in size eventually with Henna probably slightly passing Coco. Coco is the one who has been a bit aggressive with all of the others. She is very food and toy aggressive. Henna handles it much better than little Dottie and once she equals or passes Coco in size, then it will be even more neutral!

Henna has already about passed Dottie and being a strong and rambunctious little pup, she tramples all over Dottie! :eek: They love eachother, but Dottie quickly gets enough of the "aboose" and seeks refuge from Henna!

Sooooooooo, to get to the point, I decided that Dottie needed a buddy who would be equal or less to her in size. It was far time that SHE has a bit of control over her territory. Being the sweet girl that she is, she would never hurt another pup, but it will be great for her to have some confidence in herself now.

Anyway, I'd like to (finally) introduce our new Chihuahua baby girl! She is 6.5 weeks old and absolutely teeny weeny! Dottie and Gretta (Doxie) both absolutely are thrilled with her! She like a live toy for them! :D It has been a wonderful addition and now everyone has a size appropriate buddy here! It is Coco and Henna, Gretta and AnnaBelle, and now Dottie and Betina!

Here is little Betina:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Betina/ChiFirstDaysDec21222007004.jpg

She is a real cuddle baby:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Betina/Bettina122407008.jpg

She has bonded with this elephant stuffy!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Betina/Christmas2007002.jpg

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
*** GIANT SQUEALS*** OMGosh...OMGosh...OMGosh!!!!!!! She is adorable!! I am so in love (so is Chopper *wink wink*). What a little doll. You better keep a close eye on her or I am coming to your house to "borrow" her. I so want another one...see what you started LOL. Please pass out lots and lots of huggies and kissies to that precious little girl. I like her name too. Please keep us posted with lots, I MEAN LOTS, of pictures. This thread just made my day...this is my face :D

cassiesmom
12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Uhhhhhhhh Ohhhhh! More Chi cuteness! What a darling doll baby! What did Jenna think?!

*LabLoverKEB*
12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Oooooohhhhh! What a WONDERFUL Christmas suprise for miss Dottie! Little Betina is just too cute and precious for words! I'm in love! She looks so warm and cuddly! Oh, how I would LOVE to have a little dog... ;)

Cincy'sMom
12-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh my goodnness!! What a little doll baby!!! Too cute!!!

kimlovescats
12-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Thank you! Yes, Jenna loves her! She's a perfect size for her! She was amazingly gentle with her too! My little grandaughter is growing up on me! ;)

Well, little Chopper is responsible for my decision to get a Chihuahua! So tell him we said "THANK YOU"! :D

Ginger's Mom
12-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Oooh, she is sooo cute. I love her tiny little tail and her little white feetsies. Oh, she is precious.

Freedom
12-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Some of you will think I have lost my mind . . . . Kim, I thought that when I first met you, when I joined PT! lol

Here is little Betina
Anyone would lose their mind with this little girl! Oh how sweet, welcome to PT, Betina!

Grace
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Totally adorable - especially this one . . . . .

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Betina/Christmas2007002.jpg

Pam
12-26-2007, 06:11 PM
OH......MY......GOSH!!!!! Kim, you are killing me! What a precious little girl Betina is (I LOVE that name!) I read Chopper's Merry Christmas thread and saw that you left a huge hint there. I thought to myself....."nah, she wouldn't" but deep inside I think I figured that you would! LOL! I really need to arrange a road trip to Florida via Tennessee and have two sturdy travel bags with me so that I can kidnap Betina and Chopper! Oh I am weak in the knees! Congratulations on you precious widdle girl!!

kimlovescats
12-26-2007, 06:33 PM
OH......MY......GOSH!!!!! Kim, you are killing me! What a precious little girl Betina is (I LOVE that name!) I read Chopper's Merry Christmas thread and saw that you left a huge hint there. I thought to myself....."nah, she wouldn't" but deep inside I think I figured that you would! LOL! I really need to arrange a road trip to Florida via Tennessee and have two sturdy travel bags with me so that I can kidnap Betina and Chopper! Oh I am weak in the knees! Congratulations on you precious widdle girl!!

LOL! Well, this will be the last doggie introduction for a long time for me now! Six is going to have to be our magic number! :p Everyone has their own special buddy now, so I think we have a good balance! We just took the Christmas tree and decorations down so we can all co-exist with less tension! Now the house is doggie / kitty friendly again! :D

OH, not only did I need to tell Chopper about Betina, but also our sweet Daisy and Delilah!!! How could I forget you two? Do we have any other Chihuahuas here?

dukedogsmom
12-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Oh my! I don't know which is cuter! The dog or the teeny sweater she's wearing. Welcome to PT, Betina! You are indeed, a very cute one.

chocolatepuppy
12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Betina is such a little cutie! What a nice Christmas present for Dottie! :D

Taz_Zoee
12-26-2007, 08:59 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! Welcome to PT Betina, you are just too cute for words!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
12-27-2007, 06:23 AM
She is beyond adorable, Kim!! Welcome Betina! :)

lvpets2002
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
;) Aweee Just Look At This Wittle Cutie Pie..

critter crazy
12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
My Goodness!!! How adorable!!! :eek:

Karen
12-27-2007, 08:54 AM
How fun! Welcome to Pet Talk, Betina Ballerina!

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 09:43 AM
How fun! Welcome to Pet Talk, Betina Ballerina!
LOL! Yes, I'll have to find her a tiny pink tutu! :D

buttercup132
12-27-2007, 09:49 AM
OMG she is adorable and so tiny!
I could just imagine that little girl prancing around the house.
Chopper is making me love the little breed too, they aren't like how I thought.

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
OMG she is adorable and so tiny!
I could just imagine that little girl prancing around the house.
Chopper is making me love the little breed too, they aren't like how I thought.

I know what you mean! I think the key is to not let them get overweight! So many people overfeed Chihuahuas and they just don't need much food at all! You actually have to remind Betina to eat! I literally stand over her with my hand in her bowl so she will continue eating. Her breeder warned me about that! If you keep them at a healthy weight, they are very active, cute and very endearing! :D

Also, like some breeds, they have gotten a bad rep for being mean ankle biters. Again, early socialization is the key! She got plenty of that on Christmas! We took her with us to Jerry's family Christmas and she was the center of attention. I don't think her little feet ever hit the ground except to potty! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!! MORE SQUEALS COMING FROM HERE!!!! She's a precious little doll baby!! :) :) :) Congratulations on getting her. Welcome to PT Betina!!!! :D

4 Dog Mother
12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Wow, Kim, Betina is so cute -- and so little! I can't believe you are up to 6 dogs!!!! Carl thinks I am absolutely nuts to have this many (well, of course there is the little problem of Christy's 3 living here to for who knows how long) and I don't even have ANY cats. Congratulations on getting this little cutie!

petslover
12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Betina soooo cute and tiny. What a wonderful thing to get on Christmas.

bckrazy
12-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Betina is very cute! What a nice Christmas present. C:

It is worrying that you bought her at 6 weeks... that is sooo young, for a toy breed, especially. I hope everything goes smoothly with her, as far as her health & socialization.

Almita
12-27-2007, 09:14 PM
awe! reminds me of Chiquis when he was itty bitty, now he is 9 years old, still a little dog that wears sweaters as well. Betina is just an adorable little one so freaken cute!

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Bckrazy ... I was shocked that she was only 6 weeks as well! I never let any of my kittens go that early! She was the last one left from her litter though and was eating solid food on her own. I bought her the Royal Canin Baby Dog food though to be sure she gets high quality food and the tiniest kibble available! She is doing well with it and drinking from her pet fountain really well too! Also the first couple of days, I supplemented her with Nutri-cal! My experience raising abandoned newborn kittens has helped with having one so young. My vet is excellent as well and little Betina will have the utmost in vet care as do all of my pets!

In fact, Miss Henna got her final puppy shots and rabies today, and heartworm preventative! Everyone here is a frequent flyer at our vets office! :p

K9karen
12-27-2007, 11:32 PM
*Faints* I swear I've never ever seen such a widdle tiny baby. What a precious pumpkin. OMG, the sweater, the stuffie..the feetsies. Welcome to PT Betina! (Love the name too)

shais_mom
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
wowza!!! :D
I'm amazed! :D
but totally SMITTEN! :D

My Keegan came home at 6 weeks
she was a handful but you have other dogs to help control her. Keegan only had me to discipline her and with puppy teeth that's really hard!!!

cassiesmom
12-31-2007, 05:06 PM
So, Kim, how is Betina the little doll baby :D ? How are all your other dogs and cats? Are you going to see your granddaughter for New Year's day?

jazzcat
12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
When did your pooch population grow so much? I must have missed it!!!!!

Little Betina is a cutie. I had a college roommate named Betina. In fact I shared an apartment with her in Murfreesboro while at MTSU. Do do do do (Twilight Zone music). ;)

AdoreMyDogs
12-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Wow she's a cutie. Dottie is lucky to get her own puppy :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
For Dottie eh???? ;)

What a little cutie

lute
01-02-2008, 12:14 PM
OMG!!!! She is too cute! I love her little sweater!

molucass
01-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Aww! She sure is precious!

Deebo was 6 weeks when we got him, and he only weighed 10 oz. He did fine, and I'm sure your little girl will do just fine too.

shais_mom
01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
:) how is everyone getting along?
How is CoCo doing with her and Dottie?

kimlovescats
01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Betina is doing great with all the other dogs. I started a new thread called "My Girls" with a few pics.

Lori, I knew one girl in school named Betina. She was a couple of years younger than me. Was your roommate from M'boro?

Coco is still a bit bossy at times, but she has really taken a step back since Henna is quickly catching up to her in size. Henna has developed quite an intimidating growl and bark herself now, so Coco is a bit stunned! :eek: ;)

finn's mom
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I have to admit, I saw Betina in the newest thread with Bear, and did an immediate search to find more photos. :) She is absolutely beautiful. I'm not a huge Chi fan, but there have been a few I've seen that I love. Betina is one of them.

Grace
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm curious what Dottie is doing now that Betina has claimed Bear as her BFF?

Rachel
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
LOL! Well, this will be the last doggie introduction for a long time for me now! Six is going to have to be our magic number!

FAMOUS LAST WORDS

Kim, I need to come live near you. I think I would enjoy visiting on a regular basis.

kimlovescats
01-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Finn.... thank you!

Grace .... Dottie loves Betina too! She is a great playmate for Betina ... Bear still hasn't quite gotten to the point of trying to play with her and that's probably a good thing! ;) Bear does love to romp outside though with Henna and Coco, it is the cutest thing watching them all!

Rachel ... it has to be the last one ..... that's why I let little "Timber" go so quickly! :p No chance of getting hooked again! :D