PDA

View Full Version : Remember Phil???

Giselle
12-25-2007, 11:12 PM
:D I think I got the best Christmas present ever. If you guys don't remember Phil, here's the old thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135652

He was a bait dog, but, like a true Pittie, he held nothing against humans and passed his temperament test with flying colors. Well, today, I met him at the local dog park with his new mom!!!!! He looked AMAZING - I could barely recognize him! His shiny new coat is growing in and his wounds are all healed up, and he has ZERO aggression towards dogs or humans. He is an amazing dog... but aren't all Pitties ;)

Here's a pic of him now:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/LSophie/phil.jpg

Gawd, I just love them pitties!!!

jackie
12-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Merry Christmas Phil!!!!

He looks great, thanks for the update.

chocolatepuppy
12-26-2007, 05:08 AM
What a happy ending! Phil looks great. :D

Ginger's Mom
12-26-2007, 06:04 AM
He sure does look like a happy boy. I think it is going to be a happy new year for Phil.

cyber-sibes
12-26-2007, 06:44 AM
Those first pictures of him on the other thread are heartbreaking. But just look at his happy face now! What a precious boy. You must be brimming over with happiness for him! God bless everyone involved in rescuing Phil.

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-26-2007, 07:12 AM
I am so happy to hear this happy ending for this guy or should I say happy new beginning. He looks fabulous.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-26-2007, 01:03 PM
What a happy ending to such a sad story! Phil is stunning! He looks so happy, and sweet! Thanks for sharing this! :)

animal_rescue
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Awwww his face definitely brightened my day! He looks like such a happy boy I was rooting for him to find a great home and I'm so glad he has now! :D :D

Canis-Lupess
12-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Nice to see him rescued and rehomed because so many fighting pitties aren't even given a chance once rescued from their situation...they just put em down just in case...This just proves they can be rehomed even after being used as fighting dogs although I know there must be dogs where there isn't any hope.

Karen
12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Awww! Phil's smile and shiny new coat are a gift to everyone he encounters, even if they don't know it!

dukedogsmom
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
They are amazing creatures. To suffer all that abuse and hold no grudges or fear. I hope to have one some day. I'm so glad that he's living the life of a true dog. Being spoiled and loved like all dogs deserve. That's great!

Nice to see him rescued and rehomed because so many fighting pitties aren't even given a chance once rescued from their situation...they just put em down just in case...This just proves they can be rehomed even after being used as fighting dogs although I know there must be dogs where there isn't any hope.
They don't give them the chance here at animal control :( :mad: It's so unfair. They don't even properly know how to classify the breeds that are there, in the first place. So some that aren't even pits are put down.

Giselle
12-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Isn't he wonderful? :) His new mom is a greyt person, too. She works with behavioral problems in children so she really understands the basic gist of dog training/behavior, and she and her son love him so much.

I'm really happy for them all :D I hope we'll bump into them again soon at the dog park!

luvofallhorses
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Merry Christmas, Phil! :) I am so glad he was given a second chance. he's beautiful! :D

kimlovescats
12-27-2007, 09:30 AM
What a wonderful story! He is beautiful! :)

Jadapit
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Giselle, Phil is wonderful! He looks amazing and so happy. Bless the lady for taking him and giving him a loving home. He has such a sparkle in his eyes. Its so sad that he was a bait dog at one time. Thank God he doesn't have to live like that anymore. :)

bckrazy
12-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Phil is so handsome. =) He deserved a loving home, for the holidays.