PDA

View Full Version : What did you have to eat on this wonderful Christmas Day?

anna_66
12-25-2007, 03:53 PM
This is Robin. I am spending Christmas with Anna and her family and Anna has so much yummy food here today and we have all been pigging out and it made me wonder what all of our Pet Talk friends were eating today.

I came up this morning and Anna and her mom were fixing a huge breakfast! We had:

Eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Homemade Gravy
Bisquits

We have tons of sweets here and started munching on those right after breakfast..lol.
The sweets we have are:

Chocolate chip cookies
Turtles
Egg nog Cream candies
Mints
Fannie May chocolates
Truffles
Peanut Butter Fudge
Buckeyes
Puppy Chow
All types of Candy and Cookies

Now we are getting ready for Dinner and we are having:

Turkey
Ham
Stuffing
Mashed Potatos
Rolls
Deviled eggs
Corn
Green Beans
Potato Salad
Strawberry Cheesecake
Fruit Salad

Whew, I think I listed everything! I don't know how I will make it home. They are going to have to roll me out to my car..lol.

So what about everyone else? What kind of stuff have you been eating today?

Freckles
12-25-2007, 04:03 PM
The main ingredient was Swedish Potato Sausage. :)
I'll have another on New Years Day.

Freedom
12-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I baked a chicken, made some butternut squash and corn to go with it. And we had some CranFruit (orange flavor) with it all. Dessert was some cut out cookies I made.

Being Italian, we had a special meal on Christmas Eve as well. Typically, it is the Feast of the Seven Fishes (and among the 7 are Conger eel and octopus.) I made 3 fishes: salmon marinated in bouron flavoured marinade shrimp wrapped in bacone with jalapeno pepper and cheese and sea scallops wrapped in bacon (those last 2 were bought already to heat, I didn't make them.) Along with that we had sweet potatoe pancakes, and green beans. Then we had roasted chestnuts. Dessert was a Christmas trifle: dessert shell with respberry Jello, berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries), then a layer of Pistachio pudding, topped with whipped cream. (It was red, green and white, the Christmas colors.)

We have more trifle, no one wanted it today. Maybe this evening.

Almita
12-25-2007, 05:10 PM
We ate:
Ravioli stuffed with cheese, with shrimps and scallops, and the sauce was alfredo with basil.
We had linguini pasta with shrimp tomato and cucumbers.
Last was just some mussels and clams.

With very yummy bread.
We had a nice italian dinner that my brother cooked for us.

dukedogsmom
12-25-2007, 06:25 PM
We had our dinner yesterday.
smoked ham
sweet potato pudding (shredded sweet potatoes with spices baked like a casserole)
24 hour salad (mini marshmallows, pineapple, pecans, heavy whipping cream) so good!
fresh collard greens
cornbread
homemade rolls
frozen cranberry salad (cool whip, canned cranberry sauce and cream cheese) one of my favs
steamed vegetables

and for dessert
apple crumb pie
blueberry pie
pumpkin custard pie
and homemade peanut butter balls covered in chocolate

Freedom, your food sounds so good. It would be fun to have what isn't a traditional dinner for me. Sounds delicious.

angelbow20
12-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Well we had 2 dinners. One was sat. and the other was tonight. Tonight was a smaller one and we had Turkey, home made cranberry sauce, corn, dry stuffing, mash taters with gravy and sweet taters.

critter crazy
12-25-2007, 06:48 PM
I Ate Way Too Much!!!!!:d

K9karen
12-25-2007, 11:41 PM
John's son's hobby is gourmet cooking. He made an English Christmas Dinner. Huge roast, roasted potatoes (seasoned perfectly..I usually don't eat roasted potatoes but I was too starved to resist and wolfed them down without examining them), plum pudding, fresh green beans with (darn, I forgot), mushroom gravy, a triple chocolate tart with rasberry liquor in the recipe as well as a sauce, clementine oranges marinated in carmel sauce. Oh and ice cream and coffee and lots of wine. *Hiccups*

Appetizers were homemade bruccetta, a Greek mix (forgot what it's called) and marinated clams on the 1/2 shell.

jennielynn1970
12-26-2007, 12:04 AM
John's son's hobby is gourmet cooking. He made an English Christmas Dinner. Huge roast, roasted potatoes (seasoned perfectly..I usually don't eat roasted potatoes but I was too starved to resist and wolfed them down without examining them), plum pudding, fresh green beans with (darn, I forgot), mushroom gravy, a triple chocolate tart with rasberry liquor in the recipe as well as a sauce, clementine oranges marinated in carmel sauce. Oh and ice cream and coffee and lots of wine. *Hiccups*

Appetizers were homemade bruccetta, a Greek mix (forgot what it's called) and marinated clams on the 1/2 shell.

Is John's son single?! (oh, and I guess over the age of 25 would be good, lol). Heck if he cooks like that, tell him you have a nice single friend who also enjoys gourmet cooking and baking in Allentown!! :p ;)

carole
12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Well we went to a buffet restaurant for our xmas meal, so as you can imagine we pigged out seriously.

I had roast potatoes,kumara, peas and carrots, turkey,ham,roast beef,some hot chips, two bread rolls, my first course was not huge, as i am a dessert girl,so had to leave room for two of those, as the plates are very small.

Dessert was pavlova,cheesecake,sponge,jelly,ice cream,fudgecake,apple slice,xmas cake,i am sure there were a few other things but i cannot remember exactly, later on in the evening we had my chocolate gateau to devour, my belated birthday cake.

Medusa
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I had a house full on Xmas eve, so I served shrimp cocktail, ham, sweet potatoes, pasta, salad, relish dish, various breads and condiments, cheese ball w/shrimp, cheesecake sampler, German chocolate cake, every imaginable chocolate candy you could think of, chocolate covered potato chips, egg nog w/Amaretto and various wines and beers. Ugh, I gained weight just naming everything. Then on Xmas day it was just my son and I so we ate pasta, salad and garlic bread in front of the TV w/a roaring fire going. That was better than Xmas eve.

Donnaj4962
12-26-2007, 02:41 PM
I cooked my very first turkey! And it was very good, nice and moist with good flavoring (if I do say so myself!). I also made sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, relish tray, turkey gravy, crescent rolls, and homemade apple crumb pie for dessert!

I spent the day with my new sweetie! We have been seeing one another for 2 1/2 weeks! He is wonderful and such a gentleman!

Randi
12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
I was with my family, we had roast pork and duck - delicicous! It's normal you have Ris a la mande for dessert, but we had ice cream. So I made Ris a la mande at home. :)

kittycats_delight
12-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Hubby's family never have a traditional Italian Christmas dinner. This year we had

risotto al'baccala (baccala is a typical dish from veneto with salt cod)
homemade pan fries and pork fillet in a mustard cream sauce
dessert was a yule log made with white chocolate and zabaglione

we had a fabulous pinot grigio as well. I was a little nawtee and drank half a bottle myself. (ooops...was a little tipsy)

I have to say though I am dying for a traditional turkey feast. I am going home (to canada) on the 30th and my mother is making a massive turkey dinner with all the trimming on New Year's Day. I cannot wait to eat it.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
We had our big meal on Christmas Eve. Yesterday night we went out to dinner (and there was only 1 place we could find that was open!).

For our Christmas Eve dinner we had:

Tofurkey (vegetarian turkey/soy thing)
Celery and Onion Stuffing
Roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions
Way too much for dessert :)

IRescue452
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Mashed potatoes and bear, with cut out cookies for desert. I've never had bear before, tastes just like beef. But I guess if I'm gonna eat a cow I might as well try bear.

wolf_Q
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Spiral cut ham with cheesy potatoes (locally known as funeral potatoes ;) ), rolls, and cheesecake and pumpkin cake for dessert. I wish it was all gone now though because I don't need to be eating leftovers for days! :o

K9karen
12-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Is John's son single?! (oh, and I guess over the age of 25 would be good, lol). Heck if he cooks like that, tell him you have a nice single friend who also enjoys gourmet cooking and baking in Allentown!! :p ;)

:( No, Jenn, he isn't. The kitchen is sacred and nobody is allowed in while he's cooking. He's truly amazing. He makes Indian food, Mexican (chicken mole etc) Everything he does, as simple as it is, is delectable. Just the right spices and stuff. He's taught me alot so now I'm into experimenting. He bought me huge Italian and Mexican cookbooks for Christmas. Yummo! I recently made Mai Poh Tofu and it came out just like the restuarant's.

jennielynn1970
12-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Oh well, I'd just use him for his cooking skills anyway, lol!!

Our dinner was subdued... just me, mom and dad. We had ham, baked potatoes, spinach with hot bacon dressing (a PA Dutch thing), broccoli normandy (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower w/ toasted bread cubes). We normally have sweet potatoes and rolls, but mom decided against adding more starch. For dessert we went to my brother's house, and took over coconut custard and shared that along with a ton of other desserts already there.

My sister in law's brother's girlfriend (I think I got that right..) made this bourbon chocolate mouse last night that was to die for!! I'm allergic to chocolate, but I ate some anyway! It was soooo chocolatey, soooo rich, it was just heaven. And she must have used half a bottle of bourbon, lol. Wow!!!