PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

buttercup132
12-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I got from my parents

2 AE sweaters
A AE long sleeve shirt
3 pairs of pj pants
Chanel braclet
socks
From my bf I got a necklace braclet set from Guess.
I don't know about my other relatives yet I'm going there soon.

Freedom
12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
china teapot shaped like a sofa, with a cat sitting on it, from my cousin Arthur
snowman mug with 3 lollipops in it from my Aunt Anne
photo bracelet (it will hold 6 pics, which I have to get ready for it!) from a friend
a tin of chocolate toffee bits, from same friend
t shirt from the city where a friend lives, from same friend
car magnet in the shape of the Nativity, which says, "Keep Christ in Christmas" from same friend (she has 4 children so each child gives me something)
lovely afghan / throw of 2 cats on library shelves full of books, from another friend
hand soap / moisturizer small sample bottle from another friend
pair of ear muffs (from me to me!)
Lenox cat, "All Bundled Up," which looks like my Sparkle (I bought it for me from my Dad; he doesn't shop)

Scooter's Mom
12-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I got to spend Christmas with my dad.
I got my Jingle Belle kitty, unless someone claims her from my found kitty signs.
Hubby & I got the movies "The Break-Up" and "Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix" as well as "PotC: At Worlds End"

Mostly, I got to spend a few days with my dad.

cali
12-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I got a wireless card and router so my laptop is finally hooked up to the internet, I got a doggy toy for my pooches, I got a border collie cutting board, and I got a gift card for a local bookstore. I am happy, especially now that I am connected to the net on my own computer lol

I_luv_rusty
12-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I got
-Chocolate tasmin uggs
-Chanel ring & necklace & phone charm
-Clinqie perfume
-Juicy couture perfume
-Ipod pillow
-Chocolate
-PJ pants
- $205
-Aero giftcard
-Applebees giftcard
-Fuzzy socks
-Books in the gossip girl series that im reading

:]

luvofallhorses
12-25-2007, 05:04 PM
I got a nice bath set from my brother's girlfriend, some bath salt and shower gel from my aunt and my cousin, some vanilla bean noel lotion I have been asking for from bath and body works, celine dion perfume from my brother, some mutts themed pajamas that i asked for and cute pajama pants and some NICE jeans from my parents, hairspray the movie, a nice computer chair from my brother, a hastings gift card, a wendy's gift card, and a walmart gift card from my friend Sue. I am getting a coat tomorrow that I have wanted for a long time from my parents at walmart. :) I also got a lot of goodies from Annette (chocolatepuppy) yesterday in the mail! :D

Almita
12-25-2007, 05:08 PM
So far I got:
bath robe (so warm!)
a bracelet that says Daughter on it.
two little body sprays. one mango the other vanilla.

that is it.
i'm more into having a fun time with family and friends on christmas.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I got:

*Season 1 & 2 of Dog Whisperer
*A few dog books
* A Tiffany & CO bracelet from my sister
* A new cell phone!
*$50 from Grammy & Papa
* A new lamp shade and stand for my room
*Gum :p
*Slippers
* A really pretty scarf
And I think that's all of it...!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

3muttsandaboston
12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
We go a little overboard on christmas especially this year for some reason.

Parents
-2 comforters for my bed
-skirt for my bed
-2 blankets
-Diamond hoop earrings
-A wii!
-Wii play
-Zelda-Twilight princess for wii
-$50 gift card to petsmart (woot!)
-3 pajamas
-1 shirt with sweatpants
-some dog toys
-new dog bowls
-Harry potter movie box set
-Shrek trilogy
-Superbad

From my grandparents
-$100 (this is actually late graduation gift money)
-2 Goose down pillows
-set of sheets

From my grandpa on the other side of the family
-$20

My aunt
-Body spray and bath stuff

My sister
-Aeropostal sweatpants shirt and jacket

critter crazy
12-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I didnt realy get much for Christmas, as I rarther spend my money on my kids, but i did get a few things.

IPOD
Perfume
water fountain for the kitties
Bath and body stuff
Nintendo Wii (family Gift)
Movies

Zippy
12-25-2007, 07:23 PM
PSP w/3 games-Daxter,Final Fantasy tactics,Neopets petpet adventures
Final Fantasy VII-Advent Childern DVD
Harry Potter books 4 and 5
Hasting giftcard for $25
some money
candy

Argranade
12-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I got.....

- Red skinny jeans.

- $160 in cash.

- $45 in a gift card for Hmv.

- A breeding pair of cockatiels.

and later this week my dads going to give me $300.

I also plan on going boxing shopping tommrow for more skinny jeans! :D

Flatcoatluver
12-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I got..
$80
A bunch of lotion.
10 tubes of chapstick, I always loose it.
Ipod stereo, charger, $25 gift itunes card, and case.
3 cds ( Keith urban, Carrie underwood, and Brad Paisley)
Bracelets, earring, necklace, and ring.
Sheltie accesories
4 sweatshirts, and shirt. (including a sweatshirt that says shelties herd your heart)
Coffee table dog book. (Gorgeus pictures) and a animal rescue book.
Frames, since I take lots of dog pictures.
Candles..

But more importantly lots of laughs with my famiy. I had more fun seeing peoples expressions with gifts.

CountryWolf07
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
From my family:

- $140
- $20 Giftcard from aunt/uncle
- OSU ornament
- Two sweaters
- OSU throw blanket
- OSU picture blank frame where you can put pictures behind the "OSU Buckeyes"
- Casio Exilim digital camera (red)
- Indiana Jones DVD
- $15 Starbucks giftcard
- Bath & Body work products

From the boyfriend:
- Cleveland Browns glass & t-shirt
- Gloves
- $20 Starbucks giftcard
- Dierks Bentley: Live & Loud at Filmore DVD

Most of all I got to spend Christmas Eve with my family and then with my boyfriend and his family at his uncle's house and his other uncle's house for Christmas. :) It was wonderful & I had a lot of fun. Definitely a big change this year, that's for sure.

Here's to an amazing 2008 & the unexpected things we all will face to during the new year, especially GOOD things!

Kfamr
12-25-2007, 11:13 PM
My most favorite gift was being able to see my grandpa HOME for the holidays. He also got dentures and was able to eat my grandma's homecooked meal and even went back for seconds. :D :D He was able to eat a peice of my mom's "famous" pecan pie. He was not able to do that on Thanksgiving. :D

We didn't really do a lot of gifts this year, however, I really enjoy the few I did get.

320 GB External Harddrive
Tripod/Monopod
Good Dog, Stay by Anna Quindlen
Bath & Bodyworks lotion and shower gel
Box of 25 skittles (3 flavors) and starburst (4 flavors)
365 dogs calendar
pawprint frame
and a $10 walmart card

jackie
12-25-2007, 11:29 PM
An Ipod, new computer keyboard, and a sun catcher were my fav gifts. I also got spoiled with lots of little stocking stuffers. :)

jennielynn1970
12-25-2007, 11:52 PM
This is going to sound really pathetic, but I didn't really want/need anything, and so we made an agreement to not do gifts this year. We did them in our own ways anyway, lol...

My mom and dad got me:
2 jugs of litter (I asked for litter...I'm not kidding)
a playset for the cats
an electric skillet/frying pan for my stews and stuff
2 packs of steaks to put in the freezer for my outdoor grill I bought last year
1 box of jumbo shrimps wrapped in bacon (anything wrapped in bacon is better!)
Bag of homemade slim jims from the butcher shop (not greasy and gross like the store bought ones).

Got a compliment from my mother, and to be honest, that meant the world to me. Kinda makes me teary.

I was happy just doing for others. Gave away a ton of extra bags of flour, sugar, peanutbutter and stuff on Freecycle yesterday. Figured others could use some now, and it will just sit around here. The woman who took the flour and sugar and peanutbutter gave me some of her homemade dog treats since she saw that I do rescues.. so nice, since she didn't have to give me anything... Freecycle is all in spirit of doing for others and recycling.

All in all it was a good day, and it was because it was spent with my family without arguing for once, lol, and we all just appreciated being together.

Catty1
12-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Kay - how wonderful your Grampa could really enjoy the food this year! His health must have been a wonderful Christmas gift! :) Good to hear this news.

Hellow
12-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I got $80 on a walmart card, a Old Spice gift set, and a S'Mores set :)!

cassiesmom
12-26-2007, 10:03 AM
I got a Skagen wrist watch from my entire family :D

angelbow20
12-26-2007, 10:09 AM
from my parents
D&G light blue perfume (one of my favorites)
paris hiltons perfume Cancan
some perfumes and sprays from victoria secrets
2 pj sets
2 AE sweatshirts
A blanket with dogs on it
lots of little stocking stuffers
From my siser and her boyfriend
a fleece oldnavy blanket from my sister
a couple movies
a zippy hoodie from Old navy
blank cds
choc. covered coffee beans (I LOVE THOSE)
some little things
from friends and family
a hoodie
nail polish and stuff for my nails
25$ gift card
150$ dollar gift card
socks
superbad dvd
pj shorts

sumbirdy
12-26-2007, 10:37 AM
I got:

-bracelets
-necklace
-earrings
-pj pants
-socks
-purse (from an aunt who obviously doesn't know me too well)
-planner
-a pen, pencil, eraser set
-rings
-hair clips
-a pillowcase
-$100

molucass
12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
a new digital camera (and a memory card, a camera case, and a battery charger)
a chihuahua keychain
a digital photo keychain
a pair of eeyore pajama pants
a gag gift lighter.. It's HUGE, bigger than my hand I'm sure
A cute thing to hang on the wall about Aunts (from Eden)
Freshwater Cucumber bath & body works shower gel

My wonderful baby girl gave me a picture that she and "Mama Wobin" colored together and then put it in a frame with some really cute pictures of her.

I think thats it..
None of the family did a whole lot for Christmas. Which I really don't mind, I am just happy that we got to come to Texas for the holidays.

carole
12-26-2007, 01:06 PM
As we have so many birthdays from october onwards to xmas we don't do big on the xmas gift thing, besides i had my 50th birthday and got awesome gifts, so i was really spoilt rotten anyhow.

Also this year we are saving for the trip for my kids to the gold coast Australia, so we had a limit.

I got my son and his partner a microwave as they really needed one, not an expensive one either, and they got a large toberlone chocolate each.

For melissa, well she wanted two second hand ps 2 games, which we bought off trademe, like your ebay, and a thirty dollar movie gift card and some chocolates, i also got her three new tops, so i consider them xmas gifts as well.

For my niece and nephew i gave them two movie tickets and for my great nephew a toy cell phone.

Hubby needed a new T shirt, so that was his xmas gift,so as you can see not a lot of exchanging of gifts.

Let me tell you what i got for my birthday though, my sister gave me this beautiful white gold heart necklace with small diamonds, love it to bits, i told her i loved heart shaped jewellery of any kind and she remembered, my parents gave me $400, which i have spent on some new clothes and some expensive earings white gold and gold circles, my son and partner gave me 50 dollar vouchers to spend at the mall, and my daughter gave me 50 dollars which i put towards the earings, my girlfriend gave me a 50 dollars jewellery voucher, and i still have some money left to spend as well as my son's vouchers and friends jewellry voucher, and of course hubby and i went to the America concert and stayed at the five star luxury resort, which was a present to both of us for our 50th birthdays..,my great nephew gave me a cute cat notebook and some white chocolate kittens,(good choice for a one year old he he) and my niece and nephew gave me this awesome photo frame with 50 on it and everyone signs it, i had my cake at our xmas function and got this neat birthday plate, which i can use for everyones birthdays from now on, so you can see i was very lucky indeed.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
The best gift was getting to have my mom, brother, and nephew here, but I got quite a few material things, too. :p

From family:
-A train ride through the royal gorge for all of us on the 23rd from my mom
-A pair of binoculars for hiking from my brother
-$20 from my grandma (My husband got $20 too! She is so nice)
-A bag of caramels/chocolates from my aunt

From friends:
-Homemade cookies and gingerbread house
-$20 gift card to Petco
-Bag of chili and cornbread mix from a women's project
-Decorative box thing

From my students:
-House filled with cookies (150! No wonder I am getting fat :D )
-$25 gift card to mall
-Truffles
-$15 target gift card
-Bath salts
-Body lotion
-Homemade gingerbread
-Christmas ornament
-Kitchen-cookbook thing with treble clefs on it
-Huge box of covered pretzels

As you can see my piano students like me more than friends and family. :p I'm so glad I made all of them some homemade treats, plus I am going to write out some thank you cards!

slleipnir
12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
* A new laptop battery
* 2 DVDs
* a game (mindtrap)
* wii controller
* FMA DVDs
* Highlander movie
* housecoat
* little frog thing
* movie money
* 2 shirts

krazyaboutkatz
12-26-2007, 09:18 PM
My family doesn't give gifts to every one any more. I send checks to my neices and nephews for Christmas and birthdays and I also get my parents a few things for Christmas.

My parents gave me a $200 check for Christmas which I used today to buy the following at Kohl's:
1 pair of Avia walking shoes
1 pair of Union Bay suede boots-They look like slippers and that's what I'll be using them for so I can go in out while wearing them.
2 pairs of Totes ballerina type slippers
1 pair of Gloria Vandervilt boot cut jeans in kaki color
1 pair of Gloria Vanderbilt twill pants in black with muted stripes
1 pair of Gloria Vanderbilt twill pants in dark brown
1 pair of Gloria Vanderbilt twill pants in grey plaid
3 fleece tops

I also had to buy a Tweety bird fleece top for my co-worker because she's a huge Tweety fan.;)

A co-worker gave me a $20 gift card from Kohl's. My mom had also given me a $25 gift card from Kohl's for my b-day.

My brother and SIL from Texas gave me a $25 gift card from Petsmart for my furkids since I don't have any skin kids.

I've also enjoyed receiving all of the beautiful PT Christmas cards as well as some from friends and family. This is always the highlight of the Christmas season for me.:)

binka_nugget
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I had an amazing Christmas! It was my first Christmas with my boyfriend. We spent the morning with his family, headed to the city to spend time with my family, then headed back into town to have dinner with his family.

I got:

-Two snowboarding jackets
-Snowboard w/bindings
-snowboarding goggles
-jeans
-two shirts
-TnA/Aritzia purse
-Fendi purse
-gift cert for Change lingerie and La Senza
-snow boots
-snow tires (I actually got them early since it snowed last month :P)
-lots of chocolates
-body moisterizer set
-makeup box
-makeup brush set
-$70

Kfamr
12-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Kay - how wonderful your Grampa could really enjoy the food this year! His health must have been a wonderful Christmas gift! :) Good to hear this news.

It really was the best thing my family could ever receive for Christmas. He also was able to get a scooter to help him around. He can walk but he does have some difficulty and started falling a lot.

I have to admit, I did really like my new harddrive and tripod, too. ;)

Elf Shadow
12-29-2007, 01:45 AM
i got
a mobile phone
a full-size electronic keyboard
2 pairs of jeans
2 shirts
chocolates
some games
Monty Python & the Holy Grail DVD

The Cat Factory
12-29-2007, 04:47 AM
The Tudors, Season 1
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, seasons 1 and 2
V For Vendetta
Superbad
Family Guy Freakin' Party Pack box set
MP3 Player
Spongebob Pajamas
New pants/Shirt
New sweater
RBK Vancouver Canucks hoodie
Vancouver Canucks blanket
The Healing Garden Organics Pomegranate/Vanilla body stuff
Lip Smackers, different Coca cola brand flavours
Bath stuff
Socks
Pillow
Chocolate

moosmom
12-29-2007, 08:34 AM
BC132,

It's funny you should ask that questions. I've been thinking about that and, after looking at the list I made, I would have to say nothing I wanted or needed. When people ask me what I want for Christmas, why don't they listen???

Although there IS one thing I got and his name is Ari.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3357.jpg?t=1198938699

Sorry BC, it's been a pretty lousy holiday for me this year. Don't mean to put a crimp in your thread. I hope you had a great holiday and got everything you asked for.

Lori Jordan
12-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't ever ask for anything for Christmas,I enjoy watching people open gifts that i got them,It is much more enjoying..

This year i got..

Pot and Pan set
triffle bowl
Crockpot Grill
Ice Cream maker
$80
All new utencils

jazzcat
12-29-2007, 11:37 AM
I got several wonderful gifts this year. My brother's went overboard on me and my husband with a new HD DirecTV receiver and a year subscription of DirecTV High Definition plus one brother got me 6 months membership to Netflix and the other got me a Magic Bullet.

One of the best gifts was a handmade cedar birdhouse from my Dad. Some of you know he has Dementia/early Alzheimer's and I take care of him but this fall a new doctor put him on a new drug (Namenda) and he is doing better, well enough to make a few little things in his woodworking shop. I will cherish that birdhouse! :)

Kalei
12-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, everyone got such great gifts! Looks like Santa did well this year on his gift making :p

I got:

From my parents: A brand new stylish wintercoat that I love.
Some nice black winter boots.
The Peter Pan dvd
Some pj's
A Gold ring with my birthstone in it.

From my sister:
The Spirit movie

From my bf:

This is amazing...my boyfriend bought a big brown body pillow. Then he went and bought material with horses all over it. He got his mom/sister to teach him how to use the sewing machine. And he sat for hours and sewed a horsey pillowcase together to fit the huge body pillow. And he did an excellent job on it. It looks perfessional. But its definately one of the best gifts I've ever got!

Alysser
12-29-2007, 12:51 PM
I got a cruise to the Bahamas and Florida for my Christmas gift. It was basically for the whole family and it sure was amazing. I got some souvenirs and gifts but I liked spending time with my family and around nature and animals. I got really close to some really cool animals. It was one of the best experiences I've had.

I also got:
-$105
-1 Atlantis resort t-shirt
-2 bahamas t-shirts
-a really nice bracelet
-a Norwegian Cruise line T-shirt that I absolutely love
-an electronic pug that looks like it's sleeping and it actually breathes. :p
-a necklace and earing set.
-the best part was the cruise.

I'll post pictures as soon as I upload them. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow, Alyssa! The cruise sounds like it was a blast! When I was 12 (I think) we went on a Disney Cruise (so much fun) and we stopped at the Bahamas, and Atlantis! It's sooo pretty, and cool!

Souds like everyone had a great Christmas! :)

ChrisH
12-30-2007, 07:50 AM
One of the best gifts was a handmade cedar birdhouse from my Dad. Some of you know he has Dementia/early Alzheimer's and I take care of him but this fall a new doctor put him on a new drug (Namenda) and he is doing better, well enough to make a few little things in his woodworking shop. I will cherish that birdhouse! :)
Oh, Lori, I'm so happy to hear your Dad is doing better :D and such a special gift he gave you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

ChrisH
12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I was spoiled by my family again this year and got a bagful of gifts, literally, this bag full. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/c6ff126b.jpg

Along with lots of smellies (perfume, body sprays/washes/soaps etc.) chocolates, and various other goodies, were these.

A musical box.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/ecfd74dc.jpg

A gorgeous dragon & a wizard to add to my collection.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/07683fb6.jpg

and Christmas wouldn't be complete without some Johnny/Pirate stuff. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Micellaneous%203/e8310c9d.jpg

chocolatepuppy
12-30-2007, 08:18 AM
My puppy Jake is my Christmas puppy! :D I got him 12/8, but that's close enough. ;) I got a new sweeper the day after Christmas when I went shopping. Two days after Christmas the gift my husband ordered finally showed up, a sterling silver Christmas tree pendant with green stones. I've wanted one for years.
I also got candles, lotions, towels and a Boyds figurine from my sister, niece and neighbor. Oh and a ruby and diamond bracelet I picked out with a gift certificate from a jewelry store at the mall. I got the gift certificate from my employer for 15 years of service. :cool:

Suki Wingy
12-31-2007, 01:44 AM
I got
Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Voldemort action figures,
2 sweaters
Reba's duets CD
Harry Potter and the PoA DVD (wanted it since it was the movie that got me back into HP after a few years)
a chocolate fondue kit
snoopy sno cone maker (wanted it forever and no one could find one til now)
some pajamas with horses and horseshoes on them
itunes giftcard which I bought the Sweeney Todd soundtrack with
Mad Gab (a game)
a proposed shopping trip to my local yarn store
Some knitting things like magazines and a row counter

Suki Wingy
12-31-2007, 01:45 AM
This is amazing...my boyfriend bought a big brown body pillow. Then he went and bought material with horses all over it. He got his mom/sister to teach him how to use the sewing machine. And he sat for hours and sewed a horsey pillowcase together to fit the huge body pillow. And he did an excellent job on it. It looks perfessional. But its definately one of the best gifts I've ever got!

I think you may have the best bf EVER!

beeniesmom
12-31-2007, 03:52 AM
From my husband:

- Trip to Italy for me and my sister to spend with our mom, dad and 2 younger brothers. We haven't all sat at the same table in about 7 years.
(I love you sweetheart and thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea what it meant to me. I know the sacrifice you made to send us there).

- 2 Rachael Ray pots that I really wanted (and needed) even if he did too much already with the trip.

From my sister: A pair of silver and gold earrings.

From my mom and dad: A pretty scarf and a purse.

From my friend: A pretty writing pad with a ceramic fairy on the cover.

From my in laws: A cuisinart grill press.

From my sister and brother in law: A digital picture frame.

From Beenie and Frankie: Lots of smothering kisses when I got back home. :)