PDA

View Full Version : Well.....so much for a Merry Christmas!!

critter crazy
12-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I am so mad at the moment!! It all started first thing this morning, about 5am. The dogs woke us up, barking their heads off. Thinking there was an animal outside, I yelled to the dogs to be quiet. Then about 20 mins later, they went nuts again! So I got up, and let them outside, we were outside, in the back yard for about 20 mins, then we came back in. They barked a few more times, but then went to bed.

This morning, after our son waking us up, we went into the livingroom to start christmas. My husbands ex-wife pulled into the driveway, to drop off hubbys 12yr old son, and informed us that hubbys tire on his truck was flat. So hubby went out to check it out, and 1 tire on his new Dodge ram, was flat, and 3 tires on my borthers Saturn were flat. So hubby took a closer look, they had all been slashed!!:mad:

What a Merry freaking Christmas!!

The Sherriff Dept. came out, took down our info, and informed us that the same thing happened a few houses down as well.

This is the second time tires have been slashed in our driveway! The first time happened this summer, after hubby bought me my 1979 Chevy malibu for my Birthday! The car has been stashed in our barn since, so no one bothers it.

I am so Mad!! Why would someone do this, let alone on Christmas Morning!!!!:mad:

We live out in the boonies, in an area where people leave doors unlocked and such! This is so dissapointing!!

Freedom
12-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Oh no, I am so angry and upset with you! What jerks!!!

Taz_Zoee
12-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Oh no Maggie, that is scary. I guess the dogs heard them. It's just lucky they were gone by the time you went outside.

Well, I hope you have a good Christmas despite the childish actions of others.

lizbud
12-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh, bummer. :( Maybe it'd time to set up a security camera out front.
I hope this doesn't ruin Christmas for you & the pups. ((hugs))

chocolatepuppy
12-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Thinking there was an animal outside, I yelled to the dogs to be quiet.
They say to ALWAYS look to see why your dogs are barking,maybe you could have caught who did this. I too, though, have been guilty of telling them quiet and not checking. :o The more stories I hear like this, the more I get up to see what they're barking at.
I'm sorry this happened to you, especially on Christmas morning.I hope they catch whoever did it so it will stop! I hope you can at least enjoy the rest of your Christmas.

Catty1
12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Who would do it? People still feeding on the fumes of their Christmas Eve party, that's my guess. And yes, it could well be teenagers. :(

I do hope they are caught...if you have any snow, and footprints are visible, maybe they can be tracked. I say this because you said you live in a more country-type area.

HUGS and I hope your insurance has an emergency number so you can get new tires!

Karen
12-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Your Christmas can still be merry - as no one was hurt.

And hopefully you weren't planning on driving anywhere today, that's such a pain in the neck! I missed my beloved Messiah Sing one year because someone slashed two of my tires as I was parked outside my bosses' house in a very wealthy neighborhood of our city. So it can happen anywhere there's someone bored and mean enough to try it.

Hug your dogs, and tell them they did a good job.

critter crazy
12-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Well we managed to have a great day after all! After the sherriffs left, hubby went out to see if he had any spare tires laying around, and believe it or not, he had enough tires in the right sizes to fix the truck and the car!!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/added/headbang2.gifThank the lord, cause there was no way we could get any tires today being Christmas, and my brother has to work first thing in the morning. I will never yell at my hubby for having too many tires stored in my barn ever again!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/added/bowrofl.gif

We made it to hubbys parents house in time for Chirstmas dinner, and had a great time! http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

You might be a redneck if......your husband has a loaded 10ga. shotgun, and spotlight sitting next to your bedrom window!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/added/taunt.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

krazyaboutkatz
12-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear that this happened:( and I hope that whoever did this will get caught.:mad: I'm glad to hear that your husband had plenty of extra tires to fix both vehicles and that you had a great rest of the day.:) Hopefully this won't happen to you again.

jennielynn1970
12-25-2007, 11:08 PM
There are shitty people all over... Last year the day before Thanksgiving, someone threw a rock through the passenger side window and stole my cell phone that was charging (in the black carrier, concealed in the one compartment).

Not a month later, last Christmas eve, I had someone slash 2 of my tires on my GTI. There was a rash of that going on the cops said, but still. How rotten can people be to do that on the holiday??? I drove to the auto store, bought fix a flat for 2 tires, just made it to the ONLY tire store open, paid for new tires, which my insurance didn't cover it because between my deductible and what they calculated my tires to be worth (due to tread wear).

It just sucked all around that year.... and same day my tires had to be replaced, the alternator in my car went about 20 minutes later as I was driving to the walk in ER for a sinus infection. I was on the cell phone with the auto store, yelling at them "All you had to do was replace the tires, what did you do to my car that it DIED?!"

I was in the middle of a 6 lane highway, on Christmas Eve, and didn't have AAA, or any family or friends nearby that could come help me. Sigh. I was lucky that two truckers stopped, pushed my car out of the highway and then called a towing company for me that they knew wasn't super expensive. Which I was super grateful for.So, after $700 for new tires, $150 for towing, and then another $800 for an alternator at the VW shop, I was not in the Christmas spirit. I did get the phone number and a date with the one trucker though... he was cute! :p

K9karen
12-25-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm glad your Christmas had a happy ending. There's no accounting for people's actions. How sad.

Logan isn't a barker by nature, so if she perks up her ears, runs to the front door and barks her fool head off, I'm there in a flash. If I hesitate, she will find me, and TELL me to see what's up. i never ignore her barks. If she barks outside, which I hate because I don't want any complaints, I go right out and check. I always praise her and thank her for doing a good job!

jackie
12-25-2007, 11:25 PM
I guess being a jerk is a full time job, and they don't get to take holidays.

I hope you day improves.

Big hugs coming your way.

critter crazy
12-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Well Son of a B!tch (B@tch)!!!! They did it again!!! :mad: Tonight because of what happened this morning, hubby has been taking random peeks outside to check on things. Well ust as we are getting ready for bed, around 12:00am, hubby looks outside, and sure as heck, we have another slashed tire!!!:mad: They went after Hubbys truck again, and slashed one of his rear tires! So the Sheriffs Dept. Had to come back out again! This time the Officer was nice enough, to decide to hang out a little bit down the road to keep an eye out for us!!

I dont get it!! what the heck would posses someone to do this??? I am beyond Furious right now!!! I dont dare go to sleep!!:mad:

Just when I think the day had turned out OK after all, this crap happens!!

jennielynn1970
12-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Is there someone is possibly pissed off at you guys right now??? Or maybe a school mate of your son's?? That's not just random.. that's going back to be a jackass.

critter crazy
12-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Is there someone is possibly pissed off at you guys right now??? Or maybe a school mate of your son's?? That's not just random.. that's going back to be a jackass.

My son is only 7, so a friend of his is pretty much out of the question. I cant think of anyone that could be pissed off, heck we dont even realy have any friends!! We are so busy in life, we realy dont hang out with anyone but family. We only have a few Neighbors, and we know all of them, and most of them are older folks, with the exception of our next door neighbors, but hubby helps them all the time! This is just frustrating!!:(

jennielynn1970
12-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Gosh, that is frustrating. And I guess a 7yr old isn't going to be running with a bunch of homies at school, huh??? ;)

There is a car alarm system that detects the pressure change in car tires and if the car moves down in elevation or whatever when it happens. I was looking into it when my car was vandalized so much last year. It's a VIPER product, and it isn't cheap. But with me living in the city, I didn't know if that would make mine MORE of a target with living only 4 blocks from the high school and 3 blocks from the one middle school. I'm positive it was kids... plus with the music they downloaded onto my cell they stole from the car, and charged a couple hundred dollars worth of downloads, they had to be teens.

kimlovescats
12-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Maggie, I am so very sorry! I'm glad your Christmas was great though! It's so hard not to get discouraged but I really think the type people who do things like this during Christmas as hurting very badly themselves. They have some real issues with something in their lives that causes them to retaliate and bring pain to someone else.

Do your dogs bark frequently? Could it possibly be "barking dog related"? I worry so much about my Henna and Dottie when they get into one of their daily shouting matches!!! Luckily they are when they are playing outside during the day, but I still worry that someone will eventually complain! :rolleyes:

critter crazy
12-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Maggie, I am so very sorry! I'm glad your Christmas was great though! It's so hard not to get discouraged but I really think the type people who do things like this during Christmas as hurting very badly themselves. They have some real issues with something in their lives that causes them to retaliate and bring pain to someone else.

Do your dogs bark frequently? Could it possibly be "barking dog related"? I worry so much about my Henna and Dottie when they get into one of their daily shouting matches!!! Luckily they are when they are playing outside during the day, but I still worry that someone will eventually complain! :rolleyes:

No actually my dogs dont Bark much at all. I f they ever bark at night, it is usually animal related, but dosent happen very often. And they Never realy bark during the day. They are pretty quiet!

kimlovescats
12-26-2007, 12:40 AM
That's good! Obviously just some very disturbed person! I hope the police can catch this person soon!

Kim

critter crazy
12-26-2007, 12:41 AM
That's good! Obviously just some very disturbed person! I hope the police can catch this person soon!

Kim

You and me Both!!!

Medusa
12-26-2007, 07:24 AM
I was just about to write "Glad this had a happy ending" when I read further. Sounds like you're going to have to be vigilant for a while. It's probably kids but ya never know. I'm sorry that this happened to you at any time but especially this time of year. I hope you catch whoever did this.

trayi52
12-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Sorry for all the troubles you are having. It must really be a sick person to keep doing the same thing over and over again. I do hope the sheriff finds out who is doing this to you and your family. The bad thing is that you don't even know who is doing it.

Hope they find them, so your Christmas can become Merry to you.

Willie

lizbud
12-26-2007, 10:06 AM
That is so downright mean to come back again to vandalize your
vehicles. I still think a security camera might be able to catch these people
in the act. Then you would have pictures for the police to know who to
being looking for. They are surprisingly cheap considering. I googled up
a few.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=security+cameras+for+your+house&um=1&ie=UTF-8

Who knows, maybe if they saw a camera watching, they would not be
so quick to come on your property again. I hope they are caught.

jennielynn1970
12-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I still think a security camera might be able to catch these people
in the act. Then you would have pictures for the police to know who to
being looking for. They are surprisingly cheap considering. I googled up
a few.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=security+cameras+for+your+house&um=1&ie=UTF-8

Who knows, maybe if they saw a camera watching, they would not be
so quick to come on your property again. I hope they are caught.

That is an awesome idea... I think I'll check them out for my place as well. It's horrible when you feel like you can't even feel safe on your on property.

critter crazy
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Well it sure is nice to have a member of the Family, who works for the Power company!! He he he he!!My BIL(hubbys brother) came out tonight and hooked up a nice big bright light for the end of our driveway! It is amazingly bright! We are still thinking about a Camera, but for now hopefully this will work.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas%202007/100_6776.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas%202007/100_6778.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas%202007/100_6780.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas%202007/100_6781.jpg

Cherokee256
12-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I learned to always look to see what my dog is barking at when my Jerry Lee was raising the kennel walls with his bark one morning. I was feeding horses in a pasture across the woods from where Jerry Lee was, but he saw and heard something I didn't. I was bent over pushing a feeding pan under the electric fence when Jerry Lee began to bark. I stood up and turned around to yell shut, but I never got the UP out of my mouth. A 450 lb. feral hog came around the back of my GMC and straight for me. I jumped back into the truck Thank God I left the door standing open to hear a song I liked on the radio. I jumped back in just in time to avoid the razor like tusks he had. He proceeded around my truck and through the electric high tensil as if it was nothing. The beast ran off four of my quarter horses and took their feed after tearing out three strands of wire. He showed no fear of me or the horn honking and the door slamming I did to try and run him away. You better believe Jerry got a big ole steak burger and lots of patting and praise from me. Now if anyone of the six we have so much as whimper, I am up and checking to see what is about. Jerry Lee has since chased off several smaller hogs and one intruder. He lived up to his name ( Killer). Where we live, it is best to check out every bark. Sounds like maybe your guys are trying to look out for you as well. I sure hope the rest of your CHRISTmas was better than the way it started. I will take this opp. to say Happy New Year and I hope it will be just that.
New to the group,
Linda