PDA

View Full Version : worst Christmas song??

davidpizzica
12-24-2007, 03:19 PM
In my opinion "Santa, Baby" ranks as the all time WORST song followed by "I want a hippotamus for Christmas" YUCK!

joycenalex
12-24-2007, 05:41 PM
jingle bell rock gets 3 votes from us....when i hear it, i scream, this scares the dogs, so they're voting against it as well...

Catty1
12-24-2007, 05:50 PM
ANY song with a Sleigh Bells track added! :eek:

"I'm screaming at a white sheepdog....each time he sits upon my chair...." :D

moosmom
12-24-2007, 06:14 PM
"Grandma got run over by a reindeer" AND...the dogs barking or cats meowing Jingle Bells. UGH!!!

lizbud
12-24-2007, 06:15 PM
In my opinion "Santa, Baby" ranks as the all time WORST song followed by "I want a hippotamus for Christmas" YUCK!

Hey, I like the hippotamus song. :D

How about the "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer", now that's pretty
bad. :)

caseysmom
12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I like "grandma got runover by a reindeer" makes me laugh every time.

Lady's Human
12-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Bruce Springsteen Santa clause is comin' to town........Makes me cringe every time I hear it.

jennielynn1970
12-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Bruce Springsteen Santa clause is comin' to town........Makes me cringe every time I hear it.

I'll second you on that one...

I'm not a big George Thoroughgood fan... and the Big 80's Christmas CD has his "Rock and Roll Christmas" on it. Just weird. That and the Los Lobos' "Rudolph the Manic Reindeer"(sounds like mexican polka music... how weird is that???)

Genny
12-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I like "grandma got runover by a reindeer" makes me laugh every time.
LOL me too!!! :D

Genny
12-24-2007, 10:39 PM
In my opinion "Santa, Baby" ranks as the all time WORST song !
same here.... :rolleyes:

IRescue452
12-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Of all the songs that make me want to be violent during the holidays, I hate "Rockin around the christmas tree", "Christmas shoes", "My name is Christmas carol", and "Suzy Snowflake"....and "Carol of the bells" just freaks me out, I don't like the tempo at all.

I prefer to play Hebrew music during the holidays. Its much more festive and I don't have to listen to it in every store I go into, every radio station, everywhere.

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Feliz Navidad...I want to set things on fire every time I hear it. I could ignore it until one year in high school, my Spanish teacher played it on repeat for the whole hour and 45 minute class period...

Almita
12-25-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm with Feliz Navidad.
Not a big fan on that song.

joycenalex
12-25-2007, 08:07 PM
no, this is not a joke, i once worked for a doctor felix nabreegah. i couldn't keep working for him, i wondered why his parents hated him so much, and i couldn't keep from humming a song all day, many days....and he was a good doctor too....

Twisterdog
12-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Personally, I hate ALL the modern, stupid Christmas songs.

"Grandma got run over by a reindeer", "Jingle Bell Rock", "Rockin around the Christmas Tree" are all SO incredibly bad. And although I LOVE The Bruce, I too despise Bruce Springsteen's "Santa clause is comin' to town".

I only like true Christmas CAROLS ... Silent Night, What Child is This, etc.

Kirsten
12-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I really hate Wham!'s "Last Christmas", but you can be sure these days that every time you enter a shopping mall, or turn on a radio, this is what you'll hear. Awful!! :rolleyes:

Kirsten

cassiesmom
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas
The "Alvin and the Chipmunks" Christmas song - has been heavily played around here - enough already
The Madonna version of "Santa Baby" - I like Eartha Kitt's version so much better.
I'm also ready to stop hearing the Christmas music of Mannheim Steamroller and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Their recordings have been heavily played in Chicago these past few weeks, too.

Medusa
12-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I only like true Christmas CAROLS ... Silent Night, What Child is This, etc.
Amen! And to have to listen to anything sung by Michael Bolton is downright painful but Christmas carols? Should be illegal. To hear him sing "The Little Drummer Boy" made me want to punch my car radio. Couldn't switch stations fast enough. Listen to Barbra Streisand sing "Ave Maria", although not technically a Christmas song; it'll take your breath away. Chokes me up every time.