PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket is making my head hurt...

Catty1
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi. Another PTr said they could see my new photo...strange thing is, PT CP said that there was "an error in the upload" and after several tries, I gave up.

So this PTr can see it - and I can't!

I put it in Photobucket hoping to do a better link...neither link function worked, I had to resize, and did....then tried to save from PB or even the desktop folder again...

Arrgh...guess I might delete History and see if I can actually see it too?

Any ideas, thanks!

G535
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I use http://fotopic.net/, have not had one problem with them.

I haven't used Photobucket so I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Catty1
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
It seems to be a 'size' or 'upload' problem.

When I first came to PT in 2004, I uploaded a pic no prob...but then, I loaded it as an avatar! Maybe I'll try that....

Freedom
12-24-2007, 07:40 AM
I uploaded the cat in my siggy last evening, and didn't have a problem. I use photobucket. But yeah, some times it drives me loopy!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I am using Photobucket since more than 4 years, and I never had any problem! I resize all my pics to 400/300, and use PaintShop Pro 7 to do this. I only load up resized pics to Photobucket!
Maybe it would be better to start up under another name??

Catty1
12-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks, all!

Lut, that's a great idea...to save just resized photos to PB.

I will try that. Though...I have a resized one on my computer desktop, and it also shows 'an upload problem'. :rolleyes:

Anyway, will give it a shot. Thank you! :)

Randi
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Do you still have problems with uploading to Photobucket? I have! :( They have changed their site recently - can't remember when, but I have not been able to log on for months now. I did disable Java Script and then I could get on the site, but still not upload. :(

This below may help some of you:

Image Uploader for non-JavaScript enabled legacy browsers.

The link to this uploader will only appear if JavaScript is disabled in your browser or your browser does not support JavaScript.

If you are running the most current version of your browser – please attempt to enable Javascript to take full advantage of Photobucket’s features.

Please click here for directions on how to enable JavaScript.

This uploader is intended for users running older, legacy web browsers on older operating systems that may not support JavaScript. Please note that this may allow you to upload a single image at a time, but will not enable you to upload videos.

If you use any of the following operating systems and or browsers you may need to use this uploader in order to upload your images.

Windows ME
Windows 98 (must be running Firefox 2.0 or current version if IE as your web browser)
Windows 2000 (must be running Firefox 2.0 or current version if IE as your web browser)
Mac OS 9
America Online Browser (AOL)
Internet Explorer for Mac.

In some cases, you may be able to download and install the Firefox browser to take advantage of the full functionality of the Photobucket website. Please go to http://www.firefox.com/ to see if this is available for your operating system.

Medusa
01-07-2008, 05:03 PM
I have more problems than not w/Photobucket, which is why I gave up.

Catty1
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Ah...I used to be able to access Photobucket only on IE. And I am running XP. Will give that a shot. (I'd actually given up and posted my Xmas card pic as a siggy! LOL)

Jessika
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I've personally never liked photobucket... not when it debuted yeaaars ago, and not now. I've found it better to host images on my own webspace that I pay for (I have like 30GBs of space lol) orrr I recently discovered Google's image hosting service, Picasa gallery online... you should check it out. Hosts images AND video :)