PDA

View Full Version : A little smile

Karen
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to share a smile with you. The past few days, I - like many Americans, have been running errands that involed malls or shopping centers. I was patient when waiting for a space, which served me well. But what made me smile was I developed a habit of, when I was ready to leave and walking to my car, I'd knock on the window of one of the cars frantically looking, and say "I'm driving the green CRV over there, and I'm about to leave, you can have my space."

From the reactions I got each time, you'd think I have given them an envelope of money - surprise and big smiles and profuse thanks. All for doing something I'd be doing anyway - leaving a parking place! I'm gonna remember that next holiday!

And yes, for those who know me, I do travel with my jingles bells in my pocket, that jingle quietly as I walk!

Lady's Human
12-23-2007, 06:22 PM
And yes, for those who know me, I do travel with my jingles bells in my pocket, that jingle quietly as I walk!

Quietly?????

QUIETLY??????

Yeah, right.... :p

Karen
12-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Quietly - only because they are muffled by being deep in the pocket of my warmest winter coat.

caseysmom
12-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I had 2 young guys do that for me yesterday, it was refreshing I have seen a lot of crabby people out berating the sales force. I apologized for other people 3 times yesterday.

chocolatepuppy
12-23-2007, 08:45 PM
That's nice Karen. :) I had an old fellow help me get my truck out of a tight spot yesterday in a parking lot. I thought I'd never get out and he jumped right in and directed me how far I could back up without hitting another car. If he only knew how much I appreciated his help. After a horrible experience in a very crowded store that I'm not used to in my small town, he was a lifesaver. :D

Catty1
12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
There are always a few angels around...and our Mayor Karen is sure one of them!

(With a smart-aleck sibling! :p )

Merry Christmas!

moosmom
12-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I have seen a lot of crabby people out berating the sales force.

Being part of that sales force, I've been yelled at, called incompetent, slow (because THEY are in a hurry), etc., all the while I have to keep a smile on my face because "the customer is always right". I'll be glad when the Christmas shopping season (including RETURNS!) is over.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
That is a SUPER idea, Karen!! As I cannot walk very far, I always have problems to find a good space. I am sure I would be sooooo happy if people like you would do this for me! :) Merry Christmas to you!