PDA

View Full Version : Bathing MooShoo makes it LOOK easy...

moosmom
12-23-2007, 02:23 PM
However, I gave Ari his first bath today and it was light wrestling with an octupus!!!!!! It's the one time I WISH I had a bath tub.

I now have scratches on my neck and he's giving me the "hairy eyeball" from across the room. At least he's clean.

catmandu
12-23-2007, 06:04 PM
AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT I HAVE READ THAT DEVON REX HAVE TO BE BATHED REGULARLY AS THEY DONT HAVE THAT PROTECTIVE COAT OF FUR TO KEEP THE DIRT OFF OF THEM , THE WAY THTA MOST CATS DO. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE TO INVEST IN A SUIT OF ARMOR OR AT LEAST A PAIR OF LEATHER GLOVES!!!
:( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sasvermont
12-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey Donna, when you go to the next garage sale, pick up some kid's rejected hockey equipment, including mask and maybe a stick too!

I would never offer to bathe my cats. I would rather poke my eyes out than wrestle a cat in the shower and/or tub. I have had cats for 20 years and never bathed them. They were just fine. Hey, but, I never owned a Moo cat either......

I hope your wounds heal quickly. A little benedine might help. I keep a container of it on hand as it is good for pets and humans. When my bunnies were being introduced, Denver kept attacking poor Cinnamon and chewing on her. The vet wasn't able to do much beyond shaving the area and requesting that I put benedine on the rips and tears. It worked. I have used it on scrapes on myself.

Gotta run, public TV has some really nice Christmas music playing...

Merry Christmas Donna. :)

moosmom
12-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Gary,

You're absolutely right. Sphynxes and Devon Rexes need to be bathed at least once a week. They don't have fur to absorb the oils. If you don't bathe them, and you pet them, your hand will be dirty.

Sallyanne,

I think I need the kind of gloves they use for handling eagles, and birds with talons. NOTHING can get through those suckers.

Merry Christmas to you too, girlfriend.

Andie
12-24-2007, 11:09 AM
and it was light wrestling with an octupus!!!!!! It's the one time I WISH I had a bath tub.

LOL. It's not funny but I had to laugh. Isis is long and sleek so trying to bath her by myself is like wrestling an eel.

Me and Dust have to double team her. One of us gets into a swim suit or clothes that we don't mind getting wet and gets in the shower holding Isis and most importantly the claws while the other does the actual washing. Isis still nips at our hands so I usually have Dustin hold her cuz she refuses to bite her Daddy. :rolleyes:

Isis says to tell Ari she feels his pain. :D