PDA

View Full Version : I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas...

BC_MoM
12-22-2007, 02:36 PM
As my family and I will not be celebrating until later. Today at approx. 12:30, my grandpa, Bammy, passed away. He had been in the hospital for 3 months and was very sick. However, he had been getting better, but he would possibly have never been able to walk again and probably would have had to go into a nursing home. He wouldn't have liked that. He is...or was... a very proud man. He lived for his grandchildren, that is who he hung on for.

I haven't really cried yet... I just can't believe he is actually gone. But I do know he will always be with me.

Right now we're trying to find places for the dogs to go, and figure out how we are getting to Sasktchewan, as the highways are all closed.

This photo was taken summer 2005, I think. I had photoshopped out his oxygen tubes. Don't know why. Oh well. Here is my Bamster..... :(

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/jdmh89/bammy_mickey.jpg

Rest in peace, Bammy.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone here if I don't get online anytime before.

caseysmom
12-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I am so sorry you lost your grandfather right before christmas that is really sad. R.I.P. Bammy.

chocolatepuppy
12-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry about your grandpa. :(

Flatcoatluver
12-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm so sorry Jessica. (((HUGS)))

Catty1
12-22-2007, 10:05 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

Death doesn't know holidays... :(

I do hope when you and your family have a Christmas, there will be some happy and warm memories for you to share about your Bamster.

Did you call him "Bamster" to his face? I have a feeling that got a great smile out of him. :)

{{{{hugs}}}} again.

critter crazy
12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Awwww....I am sosorry for your loss. ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

robinh
12-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Losing someone at Christmas is so tough. I hope you and your family will remember that your "Bamster" would want you to celebrate the season in some small way. This will honor the season and his memory. He looks like such a sweetie.

Robin

anna_66
12-23-2007, 07:29 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing, and so close to Christmas:(

Hopefully when everyone gets together you can all tell some good stories about him and have a smile. I'm sure that's what he'd want.

Many (((HUGS))) to you and your family

Anna

BC_MoM
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Last night the moon was full and high up in the sky. Beside it, was a single bright star, the only one out. I noticed it as we were driving to Saskatoon. This morning we received a call that Jersey had run away last evening, and they hadn't told us until this morning as they didn't want to upset us.

Thankfully, someone found Jersey this morning and brought her to the humane society.

Then I thought about it. That star was my Bammy, and he was shining brightly for Jersey. Bammy often lectured me about making sure I still spend time with friends (as he knows I would chose hanging out with my dogs over my friends any day), but he also knew how deeply I cared about animals. Thank you God and thank you Bammy for keeping Jersey safe and helping her find her way back home.

BC_MoM
12-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow. I'm surprised how few responses this thread got. But all that matters to me is the ones who did respond and say well wishes for my family. All I can say is that I know of one or two PTers who, if they had a thread like this, would have had three pages of replies by now. Sad that the internet is like that.

But now I do know who I can really value on PT.

Merry Christmas to all those who replied.

Catty1
12-24-2007, 10:25 PM
BC Mom...I too have noticed fewer replies in the last 12 hours...I think folks are just tied up with immediate Christmas stuff.

Give it a couple of days for folks to catch up with themselves.

{{{{hugs}}}}

caseysmom
12-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Don't get hurt I think its just the holidays. I am really sorry about your Grandfather.

Genny
12-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow. I'm surprised how few responses this thread got. But all that matters to me is the ones who did respond and say well wishes for my family. All I can say is that I know of one or two PTers who, if they had a thread like this, would have had three pages of replies by now. Sad that the internet is like that.

But now I do know who I can really value on PT.

Merry Christmas to all those who replied.

BCMom, please don't take it personally. I don't go to general very often and just now saw this. I am so sorry about your grandpa. He looked like a very sweet man. I'm sure he will be looking down on you this Christmas.... I know it will be hard to but I hope you will have a Merry Christmas :)

Sevaede
12-24-2007, 11:19 PM
It's hard for some to convey their sympathy in rough times. :)

I am very sorry about your grandfather. My stepmother passed on in January of this year, so I feel for you. :(

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
I lost my grandfather a week before Christmas 4 years ago. I'm sorry you have to go through this too *HUGS* :( Prayers on the way to you and your family.

sparks19
12-24-2007, 11:56 PM
OH BC I am so sorry. It is terrible to lose someone at this time of year... or any time of year really.

He is in a better place and is no longer feeling any pain... although I don't know if that brings you any comfort. I really am so VERY sorry.

krazyaboutkatz
12-25-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfathers passing.:( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9soul
12-25-2007, 06:39 AM
I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved grandpa. My prayers are with you and your family.

trayi52
12-25-2007, 07:14 AM
BC, I am so sorry about the loss of your Grandfather. I know it hurts a lot. I remember when I lost my Grandfather, it was very painful. This has to be a such a lonely Christmas for you. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you.

Willie :(

AdoreMyDogs
12-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm very sorry about your loss. I know that Bammy is in a good place and how sweet that he was shining his star in the sky for you to see. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

caseysmom
12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to check in, not sure if you are home yet but I hope your family is doing okay.

Alysser
12-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Jess, I am really sorry I didn't reply. I wasn't home all week. But if I had been I would have replied anyway. I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell how much you loved your Grandfather. (((hugs))) to you! I hope you're doing okay.