PDA

View Full Version : Student rescues 10 month old Lab from drowning

kittycats_delight
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I could provide the link but it is all in Italian. It was in our paper today 'Il giornale di Vicenza'. This is basically the story.

A 21 year old university student got off the bus next to Lago di Fimon (Fimon Lake) she noticed a dog on the ice and in that moment the dog fell through. She was stunned for a moment she said but there was no one there to help and knew there was only one thing to do. She put herself at risk and waded into the lake. The dog was struggling in the center. The ice was too thin to hold the girls weight so she broke it as she went. She managed to reach the 10 month old lab and drag him to safety. She called for someone to come get her and bring blankets. She took the dog to a vet clinic to have him checked to see that he was ok. He was not microchipped and had no tags. According to the vet he seemed to be a stray. (I guess he could tell from the condition of the dog) The dog is now staying with the young girl. He has been named Aldo. She is waiting the mandatory 2 weeks before adopting him legally.

Aldo is a beautiful 10 month old yellow lab. He is in overall good health and due to the quick thinking of the young lady got a second chance at life. I was sat in the cafe reading this and started to cry. It is not often here you see something like this and to see Aldo in the arms of his rescuer and so happy was so sweet. I was so touched by it. I just wanted to share.

Flatcoatluver
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Awww! What a good story! That's so very touching to read.

dukedogsmom
12-21-2007, 06:31 PM
What a sweet story. I hope Aldo gets to stay with the girl. She did a wonderful thing. Thanks for sharing.

chocolatepuppy
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Very nice story. Thanks for sharing. I hope she gets to keep him. :)