PDA

View Full Version : Happy Gotcha day Buddy Boy!!

pitc9
12-21-2007, 07:20 AM
5 Years ago today my life changed for ever when I went to a local shelter and adopted the love of my life… my Buddy boy.
He is my life, my love, my protector and my savior. I go through bouts of depression and there’s no better medicine in the world than a cuddle session with my big boy. A few years back the gate to our yard was left open and both Sierra and Buddy took off. It was December and it was snowing like crazy and the temperature went down to 9 degrees that night and I feared that life as I knew it was over.
I had friends out looking for them all night but didn’t find them until the next afternoon when a girl went to the post office with her mom and recognized them from a picture I put up in the lobby. Bud and Sierra had showed up in their back yard the night they went missing and spent the night curled up together in the woods behind their house and stayed there until I came to pick them up.
As some of you know, after 5 years Buddy still does not like my husband, but my husband can easily see how much Buddy means to me and it didn’t take him long to realize that Buddy was never going to like him and that he was just going to have to deal with it!
Bud – I love you, I tell you a million times a day and I’ll tell you a million times every day for the rest of your life and beyond that. Your big sister loves you to pieces also she’d be lost without you!
Happy gotcha day Bud! I’ll love you for eternity.

I also want to wish my big guy a happy birthday too. When I adopted him the shelter and my vet estimated him to be about a year old, so I picked Christmas day to be his birthday! So on Christmas day he’ll turn 6. Besides his Christmas presents, he always gets a special toy wrapped in Birthday wrapping paper!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc35b3127cceb1b7bd43b81f00000026108AaMWTJi1cNT

Pam
12-21-2007, 07:25 AM
What a sweet thread! Happy Birthday Buddy! We have come to love you too through your mommy's posts. I remember when you and Sierra spent that cold night away from home. I hope that you know now *There Is No Place Like Home.* Angie, please give that boy a kiss for me. :)

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-21-2007, 07:49 AM
What a lovely story. You actually made tears come to my eyes as I can definitely understand your connection with Buddy, as I have the same with Duke.

I wish you both many more happy years together.
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY/BIRTHDAY BUDDY BOY

ramanth
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Happy Birthday Buddy! Such a special handsome boy. :D

Freedom
12-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Buddy, Happy Gotcha Day and Happy Birthday!

Tell Mom you get double treats he he he. One for your Gotcha day and one because you are just SOOO handsome and loved!

lizbud
12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Happy Gotcha day Buddy. :) You are a treasured friend to your momma.

joycenalex
12-21-2007, 11:53 AM
buddy, angie, sierra, i am beyond glad that all 3 of you share a pck (with the human man of course). much love and many many more years of happiness together to you all...and buddy.. tell your human, alex the wonder dog totally understands being a one human dog.

Ginger's Mom
12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Happy Birthday/Gotcha Day Buddy. It sounds like today was a very special day for everyone in your family (well except maybe Dad). I never heard the story of your excursion with your sister before. I am sure glad you two stayed together and kept each other warm and safe until Mom found you again. Enjoy your special day, handsome.

dukedogsmom
12-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Happy Gotcha day and Birthday, Buddy! Keep doing a good job of protecting your mom and making her happy. You're a sweet, handsome dog. It's always good to see you. Have your mom give you some hugs from me.

chocolatepuppy
12-22-2007, 05:20 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY !!! :D

anna_66
12-22-2007, 06:31 AM
And since Christmas is so close...
Happy Birthday too:D

Man what a lucky dog you are having Christmas as a birthday! You get extra presents every year!!!

Here's hoping that today, Christmas and every day is wonderful (for all of you!):D

Lots of love and hugs to all 3 of you!

Cinder & Smoke
12-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Happie Got'cha
Day, Bud!!
:D

We otta send you to "Finishing Skewel" -
so's you could come to the Findlay Gathurins.
(And maybe start to *like* your Dad.) :p

pitc9
12-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Cinder & Smoke - We otta send you to "Finishing Skewel" - so's you could come to the Findlay Gathurins

So true, so true!! :o

Thank you all for the comments.
Sierra and I gave Bud extra lovin's yesterday!
I'll never forget when I came home with him.

I had left Sierra in her crate in a room with the door closed. I kept Bud on a leash and let him sniff around for quite a while, but Sierra knew someone new was in the house and her howls, cries, and over all ear piercing screams were too much for me to take anymore so I let her out and she ran to him, still whining and carring on all while flopping over on her back and jumping up kissing him non stop. The poor boy didn't know what to make of her so he tried hiding his face in the corner of the living room. But she still mananged to get a few more kisses in. :D And it's been love ever since!
(for me too! ;) )

Thank you all.
It means so much to me that you all love him (almost :p ) as much as I do!

cloverfdx
12-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh Angie you have made me cry :o. Happy gotcha day/ Birthday gorgeous Buddy boy, here's to many more to come.