PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 243-Back from the Outer Zone!

RICHARD
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey y'all...

Back from Oz,

My temp job is over......I have an upper resp infection....and I think I will make it.

I had a nice talk with the Scarecrow- we have so much in common! ;)

Anyway....I'll stoke up the fire and get things rolling here.....

Why is this place a mess....where is the cleaning crew? :eek:

I want to start with a ginger ale and a shot of something....anyone?

Karen
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Ginger ale with orange juice - that's what Dad always fixed or us when we were feeling under the weather!

Me - after shovelling 4 + inches of "no accumulation" and coming home to a couple more, I'll take some warm mulled cider, please!

smokey the elder
12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Welcome back! I hope you feel better. I heard of a neat drink on another web site called "Mein Gott's Blessing": coffee with a little chocolate, peppermint schnappes, and a dusting of cinnamon. That might be good for what ails ya!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Good to see you found your way back to the bar, Richard!!!

Just cherry vanilla coke for me and catnip tea for the kitties. :D

Has anyone seen the orc lately? :confused: :D

slick
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Richard, it's so good to see you back!!!! Were you easily amused???:D Sorry you are feeling under the weather and I think it's about time you sat down by the fire and sipped on something strong. How about hot rum....with emphasis on the rum. That should kill all those germs.

What's this about not liking fruitcake??? Now what would the Fruitcake Lady say about that??

Cheers to Gini who is vacationing in Boston for two weeks. Brrrrr!!!

Hi Momo!! Hi Karen!! Hi Smokey!!

Richard, may I please have a shot of Grand Marnier.....warmed up??? It's chilly here too but we sure don't have the snow that Karen has.

Cheers!!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Hi, Slick!!! (moff waves)

Fruitcake!!! Who doesn't like fruitcake. I love the stuff!!! I have ever since I worked in a bakery and got to kill the bottle of rum that was used on the cakes!!! :D

lizbud
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Welcome back! I hope you feel better. I heard of a neat drink on another web site called "Mein Gott's Blessing": coffee with a little chocolate, peppermint schnappes, and a dusting of cinnamon. That might be good for what ails ya!

Hmm, that does sound good. :) Hi Richard. Nice to see you (hear from)
you again.

Fruitcake, no thanks. Anybody ever see "hard candy" being sold anywhere?
Used to be a holiday staple.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Ginger ale with orange juice - that's what Dad always fixed or us when we were feeling under the weather!

Me - after shovelling 4 + inches of "no accumulation" and coming home to a couple more, I'll take some warm mulled cider, please!

I don't think you got that from us, but don't send it our way (at least not yet) LH is suppose to come home tomorrow from OK and I have to be able to go pick him up at the airport.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-20-2007, 05:55 PM

Smokey, that does sound good, Richard could I have one of those please? Hey were is Orc? Why are you taking care of the fire Richard?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Fruitcake, no thanks. Anybody ever see "hard candy" being sold anywhere?
Used to be a holiday staple.
I got some just today at our Walmart's grocery store. They had both the regular Christmas hard candy and the filled kind. I got the filled kind.

I hadn't seen that for years!!! We used to find it in our stockings when we were kids!!! Along with oranges and nuts!!! :D (and underwear) :o

davidpizzica
12-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Smokey, that does sound good, Richard could I have one of those please? Hey were is Orc? Why are you taking care of the fire Richard?
As soon as I can get new batteries for Orc's remote he can tend the fire. RICHARD, when Orc comes over, I want you to just sit by the not taking care of it! Want me to play bartender for a while?

RedHedd
12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh here you are! I've been lookin' for y'all! Is it Friday yet? Yikes! It's Christmas too! I have an evening "wrap" session planned. I think Mitzi wants to help - she's discovered that helping mom with the Scotch tape is Phun!

I think I'll need a slab o' fruitcake and some nog-less egg nog. Good to see everyone, Richard, put your feet up and let us wait on you!

joycenalex
12-20-2007, 10:09 PM
weak tea with 2 sugars and a bucket nearbye please, i'm still feeling punky this evening. glad you're back richard. are you taking anything for the upper resp stuff?

lizbud
12-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I got some just today at our Walmart's grocery store. They had both the regular Christmas hard candy and the filled kind. I got the filled kind.

I hadn't seen that for years!!! We used to find it in our stockings when we were kids!!! Along with oranges and nuts!!! :D (and underwear) :o

Thanks Moff. I looked everywhere but Walmart. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
12-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Moff. I looked everywhere but Walmart. :)

:D They have it in a special aisle with Christmas candy. It's in a can and called "Old Fashioned" candy. Guess they figured the PC police would get them if they called it Christmas candy any more! :rolleyes: :D

I couldn't find the kind we used to call ribbon candy. It was a hard candy that looked like a white ribbon with red in it. :(

Happy Hunting! :D

lizbud
12-21-2007, 04:43 PM
:D They have it in a special aisle with Christmas candy. It's in a can and called "Old Fashioned" candy. Guess they figured the PC police would get them if they called it Christmas candy any more! :rolleyes: :D

I couldn't find the kind we used to call ribbon candy. It was a hard candy that looked like a white ribbon with red in it. :(

Happy Hunting! :D

I remember the ribbon candy & also stick candy with green or red stripes.
We didn't get much candy at all back then. Christmas & Halloween were the
only times to get loads of candy. :)

RedHedd
12-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I got a Christmas card from Mario! Really! Thanks LB! :D That was too cute!

I'm all candied out. Our clients have been more than generous this year. This afternoon at the office, even the gargantuan platter of smoked salmon was going uneaten - everyone is so stuffed full of sugar! So, I've brought some Christmas bagels and lox for Thursdays and a bucket of chocolate candy. Yes, Mario, you can have one, but only one. Enjoy, everyone!

jennielynn1970
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I remember the ribbon candy & also stick candy with green or red stripes.
We didn't get much candy at all back then. Christmas & Halloween were the
only times to get loads of candy. :)

We have that at the one place I worked at... The Moravian Book Shop. It was in the "gourmet" section... Moravian Book Shop (http://www.moravianbookshop.com/)

I think our Walgreens has some old fashioned candy too. I know I've seen the ribbon stuff around here.

RICHARD
12-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I'll take some warm mulled cider, please!

Mulled cider? DONE!

STE,
Thanks! The schnapps scares me tho... :eek:

Here is the quote from that evening....."Wow, It tastes just like candy!"

DUMB! to me and DONE! for you!

MOFF,
I did miss the place!

CVC for ya and some CNT for the boys! DONE!

Slick,
My 'cure' for the ickies is to get real drunk....you wake up feeling punk anyway! :rolleyes:

LOL, The Edster is over at my mom's house.....alternating time in front of the fireplace and the recliner.

I'll join ya in a GM!

DONE!

Thanks Liz.

Oh, hard candy....My dad was a total Butter Scotch freak!

He would hoard them and the wrappers ended up in the dryer screen-after they dissolved in the washer.....Thanks for the memory!

LOH,
A Mein Gott Blessing? DONE!
And be careful on the road!

I am caring for the fire because.....ah.......ah....I like to burn stuff? :confused:

RICHARD
12-22-2007, 03:37 PM

OH MOFF....I was choking a second ago....Underwear and nuts....
THAT WAS FUNNY.....I think there is a universal Book of Childhood that everyone lives by.....Do they hand it out at the hospital to parents?

David.

I have been stoking the fire at mom's house for a week....in exchange for lodging for Ed and I.....we both crash out in front of the fireplace and get the remote for the TV too!

You relax, I am too much of a baby when I am sick....DONE!

REDD,

Some nog-less nog and some fruit cake.......look out with the cherries-Mario has been picking them off cake...

DONE!

JNA

Weak tea, a bucket, a binkie and a place on the couch....I have been doing the Poor Man's cure......Vicks, the Rub not the Dog Killer, and I cover my head with the sheets!

DONE!

Liz,
you also reminded me of the hard candies with the peanut butter centers.....those were GREAT!

Hey JTL....
What are you drinking?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, everyone, Christmas eve will be here tomorrow.

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!! :D

If you are lucky enough to have family or friends to share it with, enjoy every second. Time goes so fast and life can change in an instant. We are all just one heartbeat away from eternity!!!

Drinks are on me!!! :D

Sevaede
12-24-2007, 02:12 AM
*plops down while keeping an eye out for a kitty to pet*

What can you recommend for someone going into Day 6 of their 8 day work week? :p

catland
12-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm actually here at work - but I'll be getting off early. Most of the rest of the company has the day off but I don't mind especially since this is my first Christmas at my new job. (I started here last August).

I know I haven't been around much but I am thinking of you and its so good to see so many of the "regular" names still here at the bar.

xoxox

Julie

momoffuzzyfaces
12-24-2007, 01:11 PM
What can you recommend for someone going into Day 6 of their 8 day work week? :p
A long long nap????? :D

gini
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Just stopped by to buy everyone here a Christmas drink!

Ribbon candy? I saw it offered in the Vermont Country store catalog this year.

Yes, I am in Boston and having a wonderful time with my brother's family.
Trying very hard to keep the six year old from finding the presents. Sydney asked if she could sleep in my bed - sooo Charlie the dog, Rocky the Raccoon, the kissing bears, the big kitty, a reindeer or two piled in with me and I soon learned that my stomach makes for a wonderful foot warmer for Sydney!

I am not sleeping too well, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! HO HO HO!

Killearn Kitties
12-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Thank you for the Christmas drink, Gini. Glad you are having a good time with the family. Would anyone like some of my nice glazed ham? It will be ready soon, and smells yummy!

Merry Christmas to all the bar's patrons, past and present. You make this world a better place.

Thanks for the card Mario, you old sweetie. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2007, 04:00 PM
*plops down while keeping an eye out for a kitty to pet*

Stand next to a Christmas tree and inhale deeply, the smell is intoxicating...unless the tree is plastic of course. Watch out for renegade cats too!

Merry Chirstmas everyone!! Hope your holiday is fun and safe and filled with lots of joy!

RICHARD
12-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone....Merry Christmas!

I'll start to pour and HEY!!!!!

New batteries for the ORC!
A squirt gun for the Edster....
And a Red Ryder BB gun!!!! :eek: