PDA

View Full Version : Kids say the darndest things!!

pitc9
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
My sister just called to me and told me this... and I just HAD to share!

This morning my sister, her 6 year old daughter and 3 1/2 year old son took our dad Christmas shopping for our mom.
They met up for breakfast and before the left, my dad said "I'm going to visit the john before we leave." My nephew askes "Where's Grampa going?" Then my niece tells him "He's going to visit his friend John" :D

She's also the one, a few months back, that asked if the word puke was Spanish for throw up.

LOL!! :D

Just had to share!

Cinder & Smoke
12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Then my niece tells him "He's going to visit his friend John" :D

:D
Sis should be happy the Kid wasn't more graphic!

:eek:
:p

Freedom
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
How sweet.! These are the stories which carry on in the family for YEARS afterwards, he he hee.

molucass
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
My friend Sandi, her 5 yr. old son, and I went to Wal-mart, and there was a guy dressed up like Santa ringing the bell for the salvation army donations.. Her son looked at us and said "Why is Santa taking in money? Did the elfs steal it all???"

Kids are so funny.

jennielynn1970
12-29-2007, 04:26 AM
When I was teaching in elementary school, I worked at a very white collar school neighborhood and then also across town at a very blue collar school neighborhood.

When the children at the white collar school asked me where I lived, I told them how I was renting an apartment in Bethlehem and lived above the Moravian Book Shop. I thought it was cool, lol. The girls in the class that asked me, they were 4th or 5th graders, looked at me with such sad faces and one responded "Oh Miss... I'm so sorry, we didn't know you were poor!" :confused: :confused: Poor?? Because I live in an apartment?? Granted these children all basically came from the new developments that you can't buy a house for under $560,000. IF THAT. So I guess to them I was poor.

At the other school, just to see what they would say, same age range and all, we were talking about where we live and what our homes were like, and I said how I lived in an apartment above the Moravian Book Shop, the kids there were THRILLED!! We started comparing apartments, who had the stinkiest landlord, how much was your rent (oh, he is over charging you!)... it went on and on.

The diversity in our school district is amazing.... What they tell me will never stop amazing me, or upsetting me, or disgusting me... all depends on who is doing the telling and what is being told. The younger ones will tell you most anything, but the level I'm at now, they are more guarded.

I hope and pray for these young ones that are growing up in today's world. It is not all rosy. But we should appreciate what we do have and not look down on others we feel have less, because maybe they are completely happy with what they got (like me, when I was in my poor apartment... it was the best!)

trayi52
12-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Ahhhhh, how sweet!!!! I know they will be telling that one when the little grows up!

Willie :)

Pam
12-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Very very cute! I just love being around kids because they are so innocent and can be so funny without even knowing it. Last year my grandson, Christian, who was five at the time, was shopping with all of us at Dick's (a sporting goods store). My daughter, her husband, my husband and my son and I were there just about at closing time. My daughter was deciding on a jacket and my husband was finished looking around. Hubby said "I'm going to go outside and have a cigarette. I'll see you all when you come out." Then, loud enough for shoppers close by to hear, my grandson said "PopPop's going outside to do drugs." :eek: You never saw five heads turn around so fast and look at him. :D Apparently they were just studying about drugs in school and the teacher said that the nicotine in cigarettes was a drug. It showed that he paid attention in class. We were all hysterical all the way home. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-29-2007, 07:13 AM
At the sea, there are "wave-breakers" , just to slow down the seawater. It is fun to walk on those!
When our Indra was 3, we were staying at the Belgian coast. She saw my hubby put on his coat and there she ran to me saying :"Mommy mommy, please may I go walk on the microwave with daddy??" :) :)