PDA

View Full Version : It just never ends with my oldest daughter!

kimlovescats
12-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Some of you have followed the problems with my oldest daughter. She lost custody of her little girl (Jenna) this time last year. My husband and I had paid to get them in an apartment and within a couple of weeks, my daughter was arrested and put in jail for leaving her baby home alone!!! :( Jenna stayed with us for a while and then her other grandmother filed and got temporary custody of her. I just didn't feel up to raising a 2 year old at the time and was so thankful that the other grandmother stepped up to do it herself.

The past year, Amy Beth has been "supposed" to be getting on her feet, paying off her fines, taking a parenting class and trying to earn her child back!
Well, she is still messing up royally too! She met some older man (old enough to be her father) who supposedly "has money". Anyway, he let her stay with him for a while and recently paid off her probation fines, and her BOND!!! Then he set her up in an apartment! Paid the rent and all the deposits for her! He literally gave her a once-in-a-lifetime second chance to get on her feet and get her Jenna back! Well in LESS THAN A WEEK, she got evicted!!! She had her low-life friends over and an ex-boyfriend of the trashy girl she let stay with her for FREE (compliments of her nice man friend) came over and caused a ruckus and the cops were called. He drove his car all through the yard and parking lot acting like a madman and there was broken glass everywhere! Needless to say, she was told to be out in 3 days! I am so utterly disgusted with her! There is NO WAY that she deserves her Jenna back! If she had stayed there just 3 months and "appeared" to be "on her own" then she would have gotten Jenna back! THANK GOD that this came out about her, I hate it but I know that GOD intervened on Jenna's behalf! I don't honestly know if Amy Beth should EVER get her precious little girl back!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you Kim

Sounds to me like your girl just isn't ready to be a Mum. Where is Jenna now?

I hope she will be somewhere safe - maybe her Mum will grow up one day and then she will have an awful lot of work to do to win back her daughter

kimlovescats
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Thank you so much, Denise! Jenna is still living with her other grandmother ... who takes wonderful care of her! She has her enrolled in a pre-school 2 days a week now and Jenna loves it! I'm just so thankful to know that my precious grandbaby is being so well cared for!

Here is her pre-school picture for this year!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Jenna/PreSchoolPicFall2007.jpg

Pawsitive Thinking
12-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Ahh! bless her, she is adorable!

As I said, maybe her Mum will grow up one day but in the meantime she is in the best place. How often do you get to see her?

4 Dog Mother
12-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh, Kim I am so sorry to hear this. I can't believe she would be so careless and blow a chance like this. Obviously she still has a lot of growing up to do. I don't know why some people have to make life so hard for themselves. Take care of yourself and give lots of hugs to Jenna - she sure is a beauty!

pitc9
12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Wow... I'm speachless.
As you said, this was a once in a lifetime chance, and she blew it. BIG TIME!

:(

I have to agree that she was not ready to be a mom. It's great that Jenna has wonderful people that love her and care so much for her. Otherwise, she'd end up just like her mom.

{{{HUGS}}}

Rachel
12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm so so sorry to hear this, Kim. I realize how it must break your heart. I doubt that you can ever give up on Amy Beth, but be careful in your efforts so as not to enable her to continue this distructive lifestyle. She obviously does not value anything that comes via the hard work of others.

I hope that you are able to be active in Jenna's life as much as possible. This little one needs to know how many people love and adore her. {{hugs}}
Thanks for updating us.

Catty1
12-20-2007, 09:31 AM
It will never end until she decides to stop it.

Thank God Jenna has wonderful and loving people around her! She is looking SO grown-up!

I know there is an online group somewhere that is for parents of drug-addicted adult kids...maybe do a search, or contact your local addictions treatment centre.

It really helps to know you are not alone, and to learn from - and teach - others.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Freedom
12-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I am glad that Jenna has been removed from the situation and is in a loving home. That will make all the difference for this young girl as she grows and learns about life around her.

So sorry to read about your daughter's latest ...adventure? Hugs to you, Kim!

lvpets2002
12-20-2007, 09:49 AM
:( Well Kim I am so sorry for all of your hardache with AmyBeth.. At Least Jenna is in a Safe Place now.. Bigg Huggss & Prayers

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh Kimmie, I am so sorry for you... :( . Me too , I cannot understand why she threw the possibility of a good life away... . I think she just isn't made to be a good mom.... . I am happy to hear that gorgeous Jenna is happy with her other grandma!
Please give her a big hug from me!!

cassiesmom
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Oh, dear, I am so sad to read this. Hugs & prayers.

catnapper
12-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh Kim..... it never ends, does it? :(

I'm gonna PM you.

Cataholic
12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I know how badly this situation affects you. YOUR daughter, YOUR grandchild. But, look at the positives. Jenna is loved and safe. While it might not be the story book picture, or the way it "should" be, it is what works for now.

Who knows, for any of us, what tomorrow brings. People, circumstances and life changes. Some of us mature at 18, some at 30, and some, sadly, never at all. Jenna will fall into some category, at some time.

shais_mom
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
big hugs on the way for you -
I'm sorry AmyBeth can't get her head on straight.

Karen
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Sending hugs to you, and to your grandbaby. It is sad that AmyBeth is still messing things up, but I am glad that she is at least out of your house, and that Jenna is safe and loved.

kimlovescats
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Thank you all so much for the loving support! I know that there is nothing else I can do for Amy Beth at this point but to continue to pray for her. My focus is on little Jenna from now on. Thank you for caring!

Love,
Kim

AdoreMyDogs
12-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm so sorry that you're having to go threw this. What a difficult position for a mother to be in. I will pray for you all. Hugs.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm so sorry Kim. Jenna is so blessed that she has two wonderful grandmothers to love her and look out for her. One day Amy Beth will wake up and regret so much, it's so very sad.

Medusa
12-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Kim, your granddaughter is beautiful and she deserves a better life than the one your daughter would give her. Perhaps this man tried his best to help her (I say 'perhaps' because I'm always suspicious of older men who step in and take over) but all it did was enable her to keep doing the same thing over and over again. My late sister behaved in the same manner. At 15, she married a 42 year old man, had 2 kids right away and ran away at 17, so my parents ended up w/her kids until her husband decided he wanted them. Then when he got tired of them, he'd show up in the middle of the night at our house and the same drama started all over again. My sister never did grow up; she was estranged from her kids until they became adults and they're all dysfunctional as a result of their so-called upbringing. She died at the age of 57, married for the 4th time, and still at that age hadn't learned a thing. Be glad that the other grandmother has stepped in and is giving your granddaughter a chance at a good, drama-free life. I'm sorry that you're going through this. It's tough, I know. I was only 7 years old when it all started for my sister and I can recall it all as though it happened yesterday. Just focus on what's best for your granddaughter, love your daughter but don't enable her, and do what's best for yourself, too.

carole
12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Kim everytime i read your posts about Amy beth my heart just breaks for you, i can only imagine how painful this all is to you, and yes i am glad to that she did not get Jenna back, she is obviously far from ready, what a shame, she is a beautiful wee girl, who deserves only the best, let us hope in a few years Amy beth will get her act together and see that, i send you heaps of hugs, as i know this must hurt so much,take care and stay strong.

kimlovescats
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I truly appreciate all the support and advice! I think I am finally strong enough or at least fed up enough, to not allow her to use me again.

Kari, I can't believe your little boy is so big! We need some pictures of him from the front view! ;)

Jods
12-20-2007, 08:49 PM
sorry Kim, Jenna is looking as cute as ever. I hope Amy Beth finds her way back to her daughter soon, but not too soon. If you know what I mean.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

kimlovescats
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
sorry Kim, Jenna is looking as cute as ever. I hope Amy Beth finds her way back to her daughter soon, but not too soon. If you know what I mean.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Thank you! Zoey is absolutely precious! My how she is growing!!! :D

jazzcat
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about this. :( I hope and pray that Amy Beth will figure it out soon.

Jenna sure is a cutie. I'm glad to know she has two great grandmas watching out for her.

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that Amy Beth is still getting herself into trouble.:( I sure hope that something will help straighten her out soon. I'm glad to hear that Jenna is doing well and she sure is a cutie pie.:) She's very lucky to have other family members that care about her and know how to care for her. I hope that 2008 will be a much better year for you and your family. You've been through too much stress lately. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

joycenalex
12-21-2007, 05:46 AM
kim, i'll be keeping you, your husband, other daughter and jenna in my thoughts and prayers. jenna has been blessed by both her grandmas.

moosmom
12-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Kim,

Things happen for a reason. Thank God Jenna is where she is and not with your daughter. I think it's going to take your daughter hitting rock bottom (if that isn't rock bottom, I don't know what is) to make her realize the whole world doesn't revolve around her. She either needs to poop or get off the pot. If she isn't mother material, admit it, do something about it in the best interest of Jenna and move on.

You and your family will be in my prayers, Kim. Try to have a wonderful holiday.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))

Donna and crew

ramanth
12-21-2007, 07:55 AM
*HUGS* I'm so sorry Amy Beth can't see it the way we see it. :( Hopefully one day the lightbulb will click.

Jenna is blessed to have grandparents like you.