PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Alive :)

Jessika
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone... life is going ok, its slowing down. I'm "laid off" for the Christmas season since the season is over at my job.

This is on the DL but I have been ACCEPTED into college to become a veterinary technician... classes start in March... so I am ECSTATIC to start classes!!!

The pups and kitty are doing great... Charlie is having some minor allergy issues and they both have fleas since the heavy season at work I had my parents take them to their house for two months (working 70+ hours a week doesn't leave much time to devote to my kids...) and my mom swears my dogs brought fleas... but they were flea-free until they were at my parents... *rolls eyes*

But in any case, I'm just glad work is over, we have moved into my in-laws' house while I will be in school so we won't have to worry about rent or utility bills, just car payments and insurance and other miscellany bills...

And speaking of car payments, we "moved" this past weekend, packed up all our belongings into three vehicles (our friend came down to help in his van) and tried making the 300 mile trek north from Branson to St. Louis in the middle of the snow storm... well we didn't get far since road conditions were downright awful, my friend kept losing control of his van, so we decided to pull off the interstate... and I ended up sliding into my friend and wrecking my car. =/ Thankfully it's weather related, nobody was hurt, my friend's van only has a scratch but my car had to be towed to a body shop... and thank God I have full coverage and a $500 deductible so both vehicles are covered. So my car is currently 200 miles away and we're waiting to hear from the insurance company on the estimate of damages... joy!

But I'm just really really excited about first off having a break from work (working from September 3 through December 15 on 70+ hour weeks without a single day off is rough...), starting school in March, PLUS HJ and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in HAWAII come this January, so I have a lot to look forward to this new year!!

Oh and PLUS we will have a nephew before the end of this year, I am super excited about that as well!!!

So I just wanted to drop in and say hello and let you all know the pups, kitty and I are all doing well and man I will just say... I'm glad to finally have a break!

Medusa
12-20-2007, 07:58 AM
We need more caring vet techs. Congrats on that and on all the new, good developments in your life. Happy Holidays! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
12-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Great to hear from you!!

Good luck with your classes - keep us posted!