PDA

View Full Version : Well that lasted all of two days!!

critter crazy
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Uggghhhh.....this is what I came home to this afternoon!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/eek.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas/100_6695.jpg

and the culprit is........
Autumn!!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas/100_6699.jpg

I guess I should have paid more attention to the look in her eyes from the pic I took last nighht!!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas/100_6683.jpg

Here is what the tree looked like after I picked it up
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/X-Mas/100_6701.jpg
poor Tree!! My son just about burst into tears when he came home from school! But he was all too happy to re-decorate!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2007, 03:06 PM
OH no!! :eek: I guess I'm lucky that Taz doesn't try to climb the tree.
I remember when I lived at home, we had to block off the entire room to where the tree was so the animals couldn't get to it.....unless we were in there to supervise.

lvpets2002
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
;) Aaa Daa did I not ask in the last post of Any Kitty Attackers Yet?? Too Cute & Yes I am Laughing My mm Off.. :D Ok Now For Round 2 with the tree & Autumn.. ;)

pitc9
12-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Sorry... but I had to laugh!

I guess some naw-tee kitty gave into temptation! :D

catmandu
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
THE PET ANGELS ALL SAY THAT AUTUMN IS INNOCENT!!!
THERE WAS A VERY SMALL ISOLTED EATHQUAKE THAT ONLY HIT YOUR LIVING ROOM AND AUTUMN TRIED TO KEEP THE TREE FROM FALLING, BUT WAS TOO LATE.
SCRATCHY JR ANGEL SAW THE WHOLE THING AND EXONERATES AUTUMN 100%.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011466.jpg
IT WAS AN EARTHQUAKE ALL THE WAY!!!!

kuhio98
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
The way we solved this problem was to put an eye screw in the wall then tie fishing line to it, wrap it around the trunk of the tree (in the middle will work) and then tie the other end to the eye screw. That way, if they knock the tree over, the fishing line will keep it from crashing to the floor.

Kitties are going to climb trees. It's kinda like their job. :p

Medusa
12-19-2007, 04:19 PM
That is hilarious! She looks so innocent but then, they always do, don't they? This is why I have a "cat proof" tree. Actually, I doubt that there is such a thing but they leave it alone because there really isn't anything dangling on it. The lights and beads are on the inside. Not the prettiest tree but the most practical. I had the same ornaments for years but since my divorce, it has become too painful to drag them out every year. They all said "John and Mary" or they had the names of my RB dogs on them. I cried so hard every year until I thought "Enough already. Make some new memories." So I bought new ornaments but it was all just too tempting for the fur posse. I'd come home from work to the tree down, broken ornaments (dangerous around little paws) and a total mess. So now I have a decorated dunce cap. Oh well, at least I have a tree, my fur posse are all in good health at the moment, my son will be home. What else could I possibly want? Peace on earth? Yeah, that too. LOL

Freedom
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Autumn was FRAMED! She was just looking at the work (to get ideas for herself?) when you came in the door. Doesn't mean she DID it!!! She demands her right - to learn from the others in the house. :D

kimlovescats
12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry but I am really laughing here! SHAME ON ME!!! I know I wouldn't be laughing it were my tree!!! Sweet Autumn just looks so very innocent though! :p I feel bad for your little boy though, seriously, because I remember how proud he looked after decorating it! Poor boy! At least he got to do it twice! ;)

Donnaj4962
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry, but that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just burst out laughing when I saw the tree on the floor! And you know what... .been there, done that! Neither of my girls are tree climbers, but they love to lay under the tree and bat at the ornaments. It is NOT uncommon to come home to find ornaments that have rolled around the house!

By the way.... I am certain Autumn was framed. Where was Mocha??? :rolleyes: :confused:

Pam
12-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I am sorry but I too burst out laughing. :D That is why I no longer have a tree. With the arrival of Andy in 1996 my tree days were over. I now have a fiber optic one with no tempting ornaments but I have even caught him chewing on the fiber optic branches. :eek:

Catmandu, I love your mini-earthquake excuse. You would make a good attorney for somebody. Maybe OJ could use you now with his recent mess of troubles. :D

critter crazy
12-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I did find it quite funny, since it is the very first time It has ever happened in all the years of owning cats!! :rolleyes: Leave it to Autumn!! This is her first Christmas, so I guess I can excuse her this once!:D The tree is back up, and looks almost like it did before it hit the ground, course now it seems to have a slight flat spot!:rolleyes:

Catty1
12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Actually, what a BF and I did long ago was get a metal screw with a loop that you put into the wall - kind of like the screws that go into the ground to hold dog chains/leashes/whatever - and used a length of poly rope to from the wall, around the tree trunk once or twice (near the middle), and tied securely back at the wall loop.

Probably necessary for some artificial trees as well! :D

OOPS - sorry, Kuhio98 - you mentioned this already!

momcat
12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Are you certain beyond a reasonable doubt that Autumn is the guilty party here? Are there eye witnesses or solid evidence?

Don't worry, Autumn. If you need help here, I'm ready just let me know!

Your friend,
Groucho the Lawyer
Practice limited to Kitty Krimes and Aboose

smokey the elder
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Autumn: "Did I do that ?" :D

catmandu
12-20-2007, 03:44 PM
The Pet Angels Still Maintain That It Was An Earthquake That Toucjed Off A Rube Goldberg Chain Of Events That Felled Your Catmas Tree.
They Feel You Owe Autumn Some Aplogies And A Can Or Two Of Fancy Feast For Those Unfounded Accusations.
Moose Angel Presided Over The Cases And Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
Innocent!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_Picture1958.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=Picture1958.flv)

AlleyCat
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM
LOL that is so typical of kitties !! I have been very blessed that mine have never knocked the tree over, but they've knocked down ornaments. Now all my ornaments are non-breakable!! :)

ShylanHal
12-20-2007, 05:07 PM
My kitties have never really taken a real interest in the tree - at least climbing wise. All we have on the bottom are unbreakable ornaments and candy canes, and other than the occasional ornament found somewhere in the kitchen or mud-room (about three rooms away from the living room, where we have the tree), we have no big problems with having a christmas tree.
Though Echo does find it nice to have her own personal bush inside the house, we (as good pets for the kitties) have kept all the presents pushed toward the outside so Echo can have her personal cave underneath the pretty tree.
Perfect place to ambush Clover!

Oh that is so priceless! I'm sure Autumn didn't MEAN to knock it over! She probably thought it would be a great picture opportunity to have her as an ornament! And it would have, if the tree was only strong enough to hold her squirming kitty-weight.

orangemm
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Guilty here of laughing, too! Even brought my hubby in to see the pictures.

That happened to us, too, years ago when Daisy and Dali (both RB babies now) came to live with us. Huge crash and lots of scurrying around. The fishing line and hook did the trick for us.

I keep coming back just for a laugh! :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2007, 12:39 AM
This is the reason why I no longer have a Christmas tree. I'm sure that if I did, it wouldn't even last 2 days. LOL:)

jennielynn1970
12-21-2007, 06:36 AM
It's those little tabby cats that get you all the time!!!

My Boris does the same thing. She loves to be in and on top of everything. I had actually caught her jumping INTO the christmas tree the one year from the arm of the sofa. Sigh... that went over really well with the tree!

I've bought some table top trees since then, but this year I just said the heck with it and just got a wreath an that was it!

And just where was Mocha during all this commotion?! I'm sure she had to have something to do in all this fun! :p

GILL
12-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I started doing this 30 years ago. The dog we had at that time would tell us there was an earthquake in NJ every day. SOOOO I put a small cup hook in the ceiling and would use monofilament fishing line from the top of the tree to the hook. HA HA no more earth quakes. Now we only put unbreakable balls on the lower branches and no one seems interested in climbing the tree, at least while we are home.
So a Merry Chistmas and a happy New Year from the CREW of 8

GILL
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I started doing this 30 years ago. The dog we had at that time would tell us there was an earthquake in NJ every day. SOOOO I put a small cup hook in the ceiling and would use monofilament fishing line from the top of the tree to the hook. HA HA no more earth quakes. Now we only put unbreakable balls on the lower branches and no one seems interested in climbing the tree, at least while we are home.
So a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from the CREW of 8

critter crazy
12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
If a tree falls in your living room..........does it make a sound????

CRASHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Autumn:2
Tree:0

This time I caught her in the Act!!!

buttercup132
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
:eek: One little tiny kitten did all that!?
I didn't think cats actually did that, none of all my 5 touch the tree and they are 1-2 years old Milo and Zoe are still kittens.

Catlady711
12-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Yesterday I got a tree. This is the first tree I've gotten since 2005 when I just didn't 'feel' like Christmas decorating. Then we got Cami the next year and I wasn't sure how she'd react to a tree so we didn't get one. This year I'm making the attempt (Cami is older but not so sure about the 3 little ones).

I got a small 'Charlie Brown' tree, which I normally would never think of getting a tree that small. My theory is that if it's small and lightweight that if they do knock it over it won't do much damage. Also I only have 6 wooden ornaments on it from the middle to the top right up close to the trunk, nothing dangling. And it sits in a square cast IRON stand. So far it's still standing, although I've had to do a bit of cat soaking with the water bottle when the younger ones have wanted to chew on the branches. We got a 'Fraiser Fir' which has short, soft needles and doesn't shed much so the cats shouldn't have much problems with eating the needles and sweeping them up is a breeze with the vacuume cleaner, no long neeedles to 'weave' into my carpet.

I'll have to get pix soon as it's Cami, Josh, Sassy and Sabrina's first Christmas tree.

kuhio98
12-21-2007, 07:40 PM
If a tree falls in your living room..........does it make a sound????

CRASHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Autumn:2
Tree:0

This time I caught her in the Act!!!You haven't secured it yet? Or did Autumn find away around the fishing line?

critter crazy
12-21-2007, 07:52 PM
You haven't secured it yet? Or did Autumn find away around the fishing line?

Ummm...just call me stupid!! He he he he!! I figured she would only do it once!! Boy was I wrong!! :rolleyes:

kuhio98
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Ummm...just call me stupid!! He he he he!! I figured she would only do it once!! Boy was I wrong!! :rolleyes:This is Autumn we're talking about. One of the most adorable nawtee little girls we've got around here. :D Kisses from us to Autumn. Perhaps you could post a photo of the results every time Autumn errrr.... redecorates the tree? :p

catmandu
12-22-2007, 03:36 PM
POOR AUTUMN CAME AROUND JUST AS THE AFTER SHOCK FROM THE EATHRQUAKE HIT YOUR TREE. SHE WAS ACTAULLY GETTING READY TO CATCH THE TREE WHEN YOU FOUND HER RED PAWED SO TO SPEAK.
JOHN HANCOCOK AND JUKE JOINT JOSEPH ARE HUDDLING TO GIVE AUTUMN A GOOD ALIBI!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011653.jpg
THERE ARE THE PERRY MASONS OF THE FOUND CAT HOTEL.