PDA

View Full Version : princess my friend

gary tweedle
08-12-2002, 09:32 AM
we found princess and her kittens abandoned at the side of the road about 13 years ago.we found homes for the kittens quickly and kept the princess.what i am wondering does any oneelse have a catthat has emotional baggage like princess.even after all these years she will not eat her dinner if theres is another cat in the same room,she is fearfull of the other cats even michael whom she has known forever.

kitten645
08-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Sometimes it's emotional baggage and sometimes it's just the personality of the cat. Understandably many cats have been thru some horrific experiences and would remained scarred.
I've had my two boys since they were 8 weeks old with no sign of trauma. However, you'd think they were beaten every day of their lives!! The slightest noise makes them JUMP regardless of where they are. A few times we've been givin the luvs on my lap or in my arms and something has scarred them and I've been gouged so badly it scared me. Calvin once got me in a vein on my hand that literally GUSHED blood all over the walls and floor! I still have a scar on my leg when Hobbes freaked out too!
Sometimes you just have to figure they won't change. I keep my "confined" lovin to a minimum and make sure they have an escape hatch that doesn't include one of my body parts!

Calvin & Hobbes mom

lynnestankard
08-14-2002, 04:25 AM
HELLO GARY AND WELCOME TO PET TALK - HOPE YOU ENJOY BEING PART OF THIS GREAT BIG CAT CARING FAMILY.

perhaps princess was going to be that sort of cat - regardless of anything that happened to her.
our big furkid - ketchum - is so timid it's amazing. bearing in mind he's always lived with his sister - bagel and big brother (not related!)dan. they appear to be normal, well adjusted furkids. but poor ketchum is frightened of his own shadow. when people arrive at the house and he can't get out of the window or door - he dashes upstairs, dives under our bed and stays there for hours! he will happily sit on my knee for our cuddle, but any noise scares him into driving all his claws into my leg! ooowwww!
(hobbles offstage dripping blood - :eek: :o )

lynne